Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,950 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! (25193 Views)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by osaxx: 3:13pm On May 07, 2010
there is one thing i love about pastor chris, no matter the distraction from criticism, he keeps growing, and he never responds to such things, as he will say there is much work ahead of him, all the criticism are just dust in the face, love u pastor chris, u have really simplified the word of god, to theunderstand of all men, now they are jealous of rhapsody of realitites,pastor chris teaching, because they just cant help it, even the xtain association have tried on several occasion to stop him, they said he is taking their shine, wat a shame.the more they try ,the bigger he gets, now they have even confessed he is a true man of god, pastor chris the pastor to pastors, may god continually bless you and enlarge the work committed to your trust, love u sir, i have seen that everything u lay ur hands has no option than to grow, i wish god ,will use u to rule nigerian, because u do not think like a nigerian, u av a spirit of excellency and a world class mindset, am happy now ur critics, especially the renowned niegrian pastors ar taking after your steps,
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by OlNate: 4:18am On Nov 28, 2010
I have to honestly say that I am not an African, and have not seen Pastor Chris live. I have seen him via his website and listened to what my girlfriend tells me. From what I can tell, and what I have read, I can see why people see this man as another WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING. Whether he is sincere or not sincere, the end result lies with the Christian Believer. Any true Christian knows that GOD Speaks to us through his word. We also know that we are to be in The Word researching and checking anything and everything that ANY Pastor is teaching you. Man will let you down, but God will never fail you. Ok, if Pastor Christ is another Pulpit then so what? If people "WORSHIP THE CREATURE, MORE THAN THE CREATOR", then they are doomed, and not really Christian at all. I was saved because of Christ Blood, not because of anything any Preacher has said or done. In an earlier post, someone commented about RIGHTEOUSNESS BEING SYNONYMOUS WITH POVERTY. No it is not. It is however, synonymous with Humility. IT is ok to make Millions as a Preacher. No problem at all. IF you are a best selling Author, a TV Mogul, no problem. You used talent and intelligence that God gave you. He wants us to prosper. But if you are doing all that, why put your personal holdings in the name of the Church? That is deceit. If you are doing right by the people, why don't you post the Church's Finances for all to read? See has Jesus says where you TREASURE IS, THAT IS WHERE YOUR HEART WILL LIE. And it is because of that, the rich man didn't want to follow Jesus. IT wasn't because he was rich. There is no sin or weight there. What happens is that the money becomes the God. Lastly, Saul was king for 40 years, but was only anointed for 2. So looking like a king, and talking like one, isn't enough. Look at his anointing and not his "FINE RAIMENT". Look at the heart, and not just at the man.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by osaxx: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
OLNATE, WHATEVER U CALL URSEF, I KNOW DEFINATELY GOD WILL EXPOSE YOU AND YOU WILL CONFESS ,WHO HAS PAID YOU TO O AGAINST GODS VICTORIOUS SON, SOEMDAY DEFINATELY, U WILL BEG FOR FORGIVENESS, HOW COULD YOU, JUSTR COME OUT HERE AND DENY YOUR IDENTITY, U ARE A REAL NIGERIAN, ITS ALOVER YOU, FIRST U DONT EVEN KNOW THE WORD OF GOD OR EVEN THE BIBLE THAT IS WHY U JUST TALK SENSELESS AND HERESY, UR OWN PERSONAL BELIEVE AND NOT THE BIBLE, I WILL ADVICE U TO RETURN THE MONEY GIVEN TO YOU TO SAY NASTY THINGS ABOUT PASTOR CHRIS, OR ELSE IT WILL TELL IN THE FUTURE, AND QUICKLY GET A CLOSE BY CHURCH TO PRAY TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS, I AWAIT YOUR TESTIMONY IN ERNEST.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by aristocrat(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
i love dis man die
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mabell: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2010
Interesting cool
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by inedi: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
pastor chris is the man
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Kinsa(f): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
He's a man sent from God.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ayodele123(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2010
By their fruits we shall know them!
Has he ever preached about Hell to his congregation? Why does he avoid this topic?
Was it not in his ministry that a member stole N34m from his employers and donated it to the ''church''?
The 'church' returned half of the money. What happened to the other half? Is this the church that Jesus Christ shed His blood for?
The church preaches 'modern day christianity' which is at variance with the Word of God.
Its members say that they enjoy the entertainment that the services offers them.Is the word of God now for entertaining people?
Is it not for the salvation of souls and for sober reflection about the fact that the kingdom of God is at hand and God is calling on all men everwhere to repent before it is too late?
God will judge us all as individuals. (2 Corinthians :10 ) It is an individual race.
He who has ears to hear,HEAR.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ayodele123(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2010
God will judge us all as individuals (2Corinthians 5:10) by our compliance with His Word.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Joagbaje(m): 12:51am On Dec 22, 2010
@Ayodele123
ayodele123:

By their fruits we shall know them!
Has he ever preached about Hell to his congregation?

Is your own gospel about how hot Hell fire is? grin did Jesus send us to preach hell or the good news of the kingdom? You must be a HELL of a preacher dude.

Why does he avoid this topic?

How many of his tapes have you listen to? Pastor chris teaches the whole counsel of God and he makes us know that Hell is not the last abode of the wicked but Lake of fire is. Hell itself will be cast into the lake of fire. I'm sure you didn't know that before Mr Hell preacher, 

Revelation 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

So add this new revelation to your hell preaching. Hell has some fire but lake of fire does not have some fire. Lake of fire is ALL FIRE!. grin 

Was it not in his ministry that a member stole N34m from his employers and donated it to the ''church''?
The 'church' returned half of the money. What happened to the other half? Is this the church that Jesus Christ shed His blood for?

The church teach against such criminality. If a man stole and gave part if it in one of the branches . You cant blame pastor chris for that. Thousands of people give for different things in the ministry from Tv to satelite etc. Its not church duty to question people who give to God of where they got their money, but it's church will continually teach the word. Its left to individuals to comply to the teachings. Pastor chris teaches that prosperity comes by righteousnes . Pastor chris even said if you find huge amount of money on the ground , you should take it to the nearest police station and you should have witnesses or a lawyer. He said dont bring it to church. You guys just peddle false idea of what the man of God teaches.

The church preaches 'modern day christianity' which is at variance with the Word of God.

It's not a bad idea ,iPod , iPad, mp3 computer bible, satellite , Internet . it depends on what you mean by modern christianity.We take advantage of modern day technology to advance the course of the gospel . If your church is using wireless microphone , then you should just keep quiet.

Its members say that they enjoy the entertainment that the services offers them.Is the word of God now for entertaining people?

What is the entertainment? And Which member say so can you post the link to the article? I heard the members of your own church smoke Indian hemp in service. What do you say to that! grin

Is it not for the salvation of souls and for sober reflection about the fact that the kingdom of God is at hand

The kingdom is not at hand ,the kingdom is on, we are in the kingdom already! What on earth are they teaching you?

Colossians 1:13
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated[ us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: 

and God is calling on all men everwhere to repent before it is too late?
God will judge us all as individuals. (2 Corinthians :10 )

You should first repent of your evil speakings of things you don't know. 

It is an individual race.

So face your race.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by newmi(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2010
It is really amazing how that people would think that the message of hell from the perspective of condemination is the gosplel, can"t we preach hell from thr perspective of love and concern.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Pvale: 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2010
I love Pastor Chris and his family so much. I got healed under his ministry while watching one of his teachings on television in my room and afterwards my life has never been thesame again. I pray that God almighty will creat more open doors for this ministry both within and outside this nation, so that more people will come to know the love of God as demonstrated in Pastor Chris.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ayodele123(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2010
Face the facts?
Why was the other half of the N34m not refunded?
What kind of a "xtian ministry' is this reproaching the name of Jesus Christ?
By the failure to return the other half,what gospel is the ministry preaching?
From your response,it is clear that you do not know what modern day christianity is. It is a pity!
The crux of the matter is that Christ Jesus is coming soon and He is coming for a church and a bride without spot,without blemish,without wrinkles!
The narrow way described in Matthew 7:14 is for a few who can pay the price to locate it and not for a misled or misguided majority who fail to understand what Jesus message of salvation stands for.

I maintain what i said previously that Christianity is an individual race. we will stand before Christ as individuals to give account so it remains the responsibility of the individual to locate the true Christ who went to Calvary.God is not moved by crowds but interested in those who are willing,ready and available for Him.
As far as i know and believe,the ministry is a pseudo christian ministry,by its fruits.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mabell: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2010
ayodele123:

Why was the other half of the N34m not refunded?

I'm not even aware any part was refunded in the first place. The church is not obligated to do that. And besides he only gave some of money in the church. He didn't give it to pastor Chris. Pastor Chris does even know him.

What if he gave the money to charity and it's been used to feed the kids there. Will you tell the charity home to reproduce the money? What of the one he spent on air ticket, will you ask the airline to refund, if you want the church to refund, then everybody must refund. PEPPER seller in the market, shoe seller, palm oil seller. Etc. What a ridiculous thing. If the money spent has to be refunded , Its the law that should say so and not your emotion. Are you the law? He gave money for Tv air time then It's the TV stations that should refund rather.

Who sent him to go and steal in the first place. Is that what the church teaches? Pastor Chris teaches that prosperity comes by righteousness. Those of us that apply his teaching are prospering by the word of God he teaches us.

What kind of a "xtian ministry' is this reproaching the name of Jesus Christ?
By the failure to return the other half,what gospel is the ministry preaching?

The gospel of truth. Why don't you watch an episode of the program today and get to know.

From your response,it is clear that you do not know what modern day Christianity is. It is a pity!
The crux of the matter is that Christ Jesus is coming soon and He is coming for a church and a bride without spot,without blemish,without wrinkles!
The narrow way described in Matthew 7:14 is for a few who can pay the price to locate it and not for a misled or misguided majority who fail to understand what Jesus message of salvation stands for.

We are already in the narrow way, Jesus Christ.

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

As far as i know and believe,the ministry is a pseudo christian ministry,by its fruits.

That's your opinion in error. Many believe Jesus was a deceiver too

John 7:12
12 And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ayodele123(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
A ministry which refuses to return confirmed stolen money donated to it is seriously in error.
The member who stole the money was jailed so why will the ministry who received it continue to hold onto it?
And the ministry claims to be preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus! What is a ministry whose teachings and practices are not in comformity with the Word of God?
Restitution is a Bible doctrine so why is this ministry not abiding by it? Or is it not teaching it?
The full gospel must be preached and practised and not a part of it that pleases the multitude. Jesus frowned at this in Matthew 23:23
We are to be doers of the word and not hearers or teachers only.
There is no justification for the defence of the error.Evil is evil. The way God sees it is different from the way men see it.
The narrow way is for a few sheep who recognise the Master's voice and respond to it.
Jesus is coming soon. Be ready to meet Him as a bride without blemish.
Nothing unclean will enter into His kingdom.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mabell: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
ayodele123:

A ministry which refuses to return confirmed stolen money donated to it is seriously in error.
The member who stole the money was jailed so why will the ministry who received it continue to hold onto it?
what are you talking about. where is it stated that the ministry should return the money, are you talking sense knowledge or the laws of the land. If it's the law of the land, how come the court did not give a ruling to that effect? so, it is definitely obvious you are talking what your brain tells you,

ayodele123:

And the ministry claims to be preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus! What is a ministry whose teachings and practices are not in conformity with the Word of God?
what teachings are you referring to that do not conform with the word of God, is it Christ in you, the hope of glory or i've got the life of God in me?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by kagwiria: 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2011
good to be on this post.
Am one of the beneficiary of the healing ministry of P.CHRIS.
I would be six feets under with cancer of the liver but i thank God for the Man of God p.Chris.

Didnt even know him coz i come all the way from Kenya till I got to Joburg on my last stage almost giving up. Was in my own businesses till i heard from people about him and planned to attend their school of ministry at Randbag.
Am tottaly healed and living a normal life.

Am a Kenyan and just wondering when WE AFRICANS WILL LEARN TO APPRECIATE OUR OWN.
There is no other man of God i know as Genuine as the so called oyaklome but i would rather just call him P.Chris.
He is SOO REALL, GENUINE AND HONEST AND I WOULD DO ANYTHING JUST TO BE IN AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE THIS MAN OF GOD IS.
IRESPECT HIM. IT TAKES SLEEPLESS NIGHTS angd REAL SACRIFICE TO GET WHERE HE IS.
I am growing my faith to get to those hights that the man of God is and when people will be talking like this about me , it will forever be my joy.

I wonder when he is coming to Kenya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder why the world Has eyes and does'nt see.
MAY GOD HELP.
Jenny!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
WHERE IS THE TEACHING ON LOVE, HUMILITY, RESPECT FOR ELDERS, PATIENCE, KINDENSS, SEXUAL UPRIGHTNESS, WHERE ARE THEY? I HAVENT HEARD OYAKHILOME TAUGHT ON ALL THESE. ONLY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY EVEN GOING AS FAR AS CHARGING GATE FEE FOR A CHURCH SERVICE
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Joagbaje(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
How many time have you heard him preach on money ? Why don't you watch his message on AIT or NTA tonight or tomorrow and see how wrong you been misled. You can click on the rhapsody thread by Mabel on this forum.
Pastor chris is teaching the world and the body of christ about the life of God in the new creation.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by yommyuk: 12:41am On Jan 24, 2011
Pastor Chris said in one of his sermons that "a christian should not fall sick" Can any CEC member pls confirm and elaborate on this. cheers cool
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by yommyuk: 12:43am On Jan 24, 2011
He also said that "a christian can never be poor (monetary terms). pls confirm and explain. Cheers cool
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mabell: 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2011
yommyuk:

Pastor Chris said in one of his sermons that "a christian should not fall sick" Can any CEC member pls confirm and elaborate on this. cheers cool

Yes the above is true. This revelation is not for baby christians though, im going to use myslf as an example

When i gave my life to Christ as my Lord and Saviuor, i was automatically moved from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light. Now as a born again christ, i recieved zoe which is the God kind of life. This is not the life we live after now as some people believe but the life of God we live here on earth. This life contains not just good health but divine health amongst other things.
What is this divine health you may ask, it is a life where i can not fall sick. It is a life of perfect health

who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed
1 Peter 2:24 (ASV)

When Jesus was on that cross, bible says he bore all my burdens including poverty and sickness and there is a significance to the stripes he had. Everything that happened to Him was for a purpose.
If you take a look at the bold part of the scripture, you will notice it's in past tense. I was healed on that cross so i cannot fall sick again or the work of God will be in vain.
The thing is most Christians don't know what they have in Christ, they don't know their rights in Christ or what they can do in Christ, so they walk on in darkness.

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Psalms 82:5-7 (KJV)

A christian can possibly feel symptoms in his/her body but at this stage, knowing who he is in Christ Jesus, what is expected of him is to rebuke the pain or symptom in the name of Jesus and declare what God says about such situation
Like i said it's not for baby Christians
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by free123: 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2011
@mabell
u have not answered "not be broke" aspect of the question.
Are u saying that having symptoms of headache is not having headache?
As an adult or old aged christian u claimed to be, u dont experience any hardship in ur life?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by aylala2002(m): 6:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
1 Thess 5-12-13
New International Version (©1984)
Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other.

English Standard Version (©2001)
and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Hold them in the highest regard, loving them because of their work. Live in peace with each other.

When it comes to the issue of MEN OF GOD, humans are supposed to just keep mute since God says touch not my anointed!!! People just die for no cause and never really know its because of their slanders towards MOG.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by free123: 7:43pm On Jan 25, 2011
@aylala2002
if ur MOG raped ur sister, what would u do? U must be a cec pastor who threaten members with death penalty if they dare mention ur wrong doings. When did correction become disrespect and insult? Do u understand at all the meaning of "touch not my anointed"?
Shine ur eyes my dear
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by aylala2002(m): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
God is the judge, he puts down one and sets up another. No matter how much we accuse or judge, we aint gat that right. If you truly beileve in God and his judgements, then whatsoever any man of God does, leave God to do justice if you know he exist. Or go to a court of law to ask for justice if anyone violates your rights.

Writting on pages of newspapers or on the net won't redress nothing, it brings heaps of fire esp when it has to do with men of God. Even an annoited Samson did wrong and the annoiting never left him. So BACK-OFF, I AM WARNING YOU PEOPLE WHO JUDGE ANNOITED MEN OF GOD

God bless you all.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by osaxx: 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
AM SURE IF EVERYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY BEGINS TO THINK RIGHT THIS COUNTRY WILL GROW FASTER THAN EVER, GOD HAS USED PASTOR CHRIS HAS SET A STANDARD IN THE XTIAN COMMUNITY WORLDWIDE ALREADY AND SOME OF THE CHURCHES HAVE OPENLY FOLLOWED,SOME HAS COINY FOLLOWED,SOME HAS FOLLOWED WITH CRITICISM, WELL MOST OF THIS THINGS HAPPENS EVEN IN THE BIBLE DAYS, THEY HATED JESUS SO MUCH FOR SAYING HE IS THE WAY,THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, BUT THE END TELLS, WHO JESUS WAS, THAT IS THE SAME CONDEMNATION PASTOR CHRIS IS FACING IN THE HANDS OF THE WORLDLY PEOPLE, BUT THE FUTURE WILL TELL ,EBEN NOW, LOVE YOU PASTOR CHRIS AND CONTINUE TO DO THE GOOD WORK AND DO NOT BE DISTRACTED, BY THE WORK DEVIL IS DOING THROUGH SOME PEOPLE, GOD IS REALLY WITH YOU, I HAVE SEEN , EVERYTHING YOU LAY YOUR HANDS UPON HAS TO GROW, I THANK GOD YOU DO NOT THINK LIKE A NIGERIAN, NO WONDER THE NIGEIAN POPULACE CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DO WHAT YOU DO, KEEP WINNING SOULS FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD PASTOR CHRIS
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by HISservant: 6:58am On Feb 04, 2011
This is too much attention and love to bestow upon any man, very bad! borders on and/or is worship / idolatry!!! ,  we should love The LORD GOD, fear and worship HIM alone. (but honor all men appropriately). 1 Peter 2:17,  but trust only in GOD / The Lord Jesus Christ alone. "And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God." Revelation 22:8-9

Mark 12:29-31
"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

Luke 10:27-28
"And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
===
Love for HIM/The LORD GOD / The Lord Jesus Christ is obeying HIS commandments (not to attain salvation, for that is work, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20),  "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-10

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John 14:21

"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." John 15:10

1 John 2:4
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by akagaba(f): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
mazaje: I personally don't like casting aspersions and condeming people just because i don't agree with what they are doing, but i think  pastor chris has displayed some questionable characters and behaviour particularly regarding to the guy that stole a very large amount of money( I read some where that the amount ran in millions of naira) and gave to him , he blatantly refused to return the  money even after knowing that the money was acquired illegally. what man of God will behave in such a dispicable way? Unbelievers will return such amount of money once it becomes and open secret and  generates such a heated controversy. I personally don't believe he is a clean guy because some of his miracles are questionable besides most of his messages are based on enrichment,prosperity and unrealistic faith he knows the problems of the people in his congregation and speaks messages that resonates with their emotion. i personally  believe all this preachers out there only pander on the weaknesses of the members of their congregation for their personal benefits.
U ar a satanic agent of darknes and ul die one day like a fown until u get born again. Vampire.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by akagaba(f): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
mazaje: I personally don't like casting aspersions and condeming people just because i don't agree with what they are doing, but i think  pastor chris has displayed some questionable characters and behaviour particularly regarding to the guy that stole a very large amount of money( I read some where that the amount ran in millions of naira) and gave to him , he blatantly refused to return the  money even after knowing that the money was acquired illegally. what man of God will behave in such a dispicable way? Unbelievers will return such amount of money once it becomes and open secret and  generates such a heated controversy. I personally don't believe he is a clean guy because some of his miracles are questionable besides most of his messages are based on enrichment,prosperity and unrealistic faith he knows the problems of the people in his congregation and speaks messages that resonates with their emotion. i personally  believe all this preachers out there only pander on the weaknesses of the members of their congregation for their personal benefits.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Obypedia: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Every sane mind can tell that devoted Christ Embassy members are nothing but a bunch of brainwashed mugs. Whenever a constructive criticism of their church activities, practices of idolatry, and blasphemous mode of worship is presented to them, their reactions are always predictable. It is usually along the line of the "touch not my anointed" phrase. Their continuous display of ignorance is a proof that they are held in emotional, spiritual, and intellectual captivity. If you present them with facts and figures, their mode of resistance automatically becomes that of a militant. I was in the church long enough to know this, they never liked me because, I won't accept Chris teachings without conducting my own analysis, and verification with the Holy bible. I always tried to remind them that Pastor Chris does not have a monopoly on knowledge of the word of God. They always pretend to preach the gospel of love, but they will resort to doomsday theology when they can't extract money from your wallet. I won't like to say that the members are not educated, because most of them are. But I would say that just because a person is smart enough to obtain a University degree, have a lucrative job/business, does not mean that he/she is capable of critical thinking and therefore not vulnerable to the effects of mass hypnosis, mind control, and other form of crowd psychological mechanism employed by Pastor Chris to make sure his members remain faithful to him (not God) and increase his bank account and investment portfolio.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ATMC(f): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eurphoria: I keep getting the impression from memebrs that they see this man as a mini god. Some peole will never learn, from what i have seen on tv, he has sent more alarm bells ringing in my head. My opinion is, this is another Nigerian christain FAD, nice looking man, well suited and booted , lush sorrundings, and what do we have? =the congregation forget the main focus GOD. He displays a cult leader like aura about him and i have my eyes very wide open.
you said this in 2006? Wonderful! What many people are coming to know just about now...you are indeed remarkable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funke Felix-Adejumo: There Is No Perfect Husband Anywhere, Cover Your Husbands / Prophet Samuel Kayode Abiara To Remarry At 75 / Matthias Ezeaku Declared Wanted Over Defamation Of Prophet Fufeyin's Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.