Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single (561 Views)

When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / When you choose to be a fool for love. / Why Do Some Women Choose (freely) To Become Sex Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by PROPUNTER(m): 7:39am On Oct 09, 2015
Being single gets a bad rap. Far too many people think of it as temporary pit stop on the road to being properly coupled up. But for plenty of us -- especially those who are divorced or moving on from a long-term relationship -- being single isn't just a relationship status, its a Choice. 1. "I'm single because I'm not going to settle. I haven't found a mate who has captured my imagination and is fully his own person."
2. "I'm single because it's a choice and because I don't need someone to validate that I'm an amazing, caring, beautiful woman."
3. "I find it hard to imagine there's a man out there who's mature and awesome enough to take on me and my four kids. He'd have to have a big heart. My focus right now is to raise my kids as best I can and work to pay our bills. I'm not averse to meeting someone who is worth it, I just don't have the time or energy to look for him at the expense of my kids or my job."
4. "I need to work on myself more before I can actively look for a partner. I'm not going to establish high standards for someone else and not for myself."
5. "I realized I have a pattern of loving emotionally unavailable men so I've hit pause."
6. "I've yet to meet a woman who has made me think, 'Wow, being with them would be better than being single.'"
7. "Because I have everything I need to be happy and whole with myself."
8. "Honestly, I am just too lazy. Relationships take effort. I don't try to call, text, or any of that. I've started talking to guys, but realized that it required more time than I wanted to put forth and then I just stop responding."
9. "People as individuals are wonderful in small doses, but I wouldn't want anyone around me all the time."
10. "I just haven't met the right one yet and I'm not willing to play the 'I have a man although he isn't worth diddley' game."
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by PROPUNTER(m): 7:40am On Oct 09, 2015
11. "Gosh, there are too many reasons to count. I will tell say this,
though: I would never consider marriage again unless he
was my very best friend
first. Otherwise, I'm good being on my own."

12. "I know now what I didn't know then. I'm more selective.
For the time being, I'm focusing on me and growing spiritually,
emotionally, mentally. I'm not planning to be single forever, but
I'm not rushing or forcing it, either."

13. "Every person I meet or date is still a boy. It's hard to
find someone with relationship experience they've actually learned
from. It's even harder to find people who know what they want
and who won't run away when life throws them a curveball."

14. "There's just been too many disappointments in my love life.
I'm beautiful, smart, and most importantly, happy being
single."

15. "Why am I single? Because I have this fear of letting a man in,
watching my daughter grow attached to him, and then
having the relationship fail.

16. "I want control over my own life and money. Being
single means I don't have to explain what I buy or how I spend
my time."

17. "I find it hard to be happy alone. If I cant be happy alone, I
know I'll never be happy in a relationship."
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by ChiSun27(m): 7:46am On Oct 09, 2015
I'm single because I don't want distractions for now....wanna work on my finances without any financial obligation to any biiiitch.
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by passionate88: 7:49am On Oct 09, 2015
I'm single because Nigerian girls only date guys with money, When I start earning money ,I'll still be single because Nigerian girls only date guys for their money. Buncha lazy greedy bastards.
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Neitzsche
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by blackberry101: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2015
What ever rocks ya boat go for it!

Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by PROPUNTER(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2015
@ Moderators this thread deserve Fp.
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by SenhorSean(m): 8:09am On Oct 09, 2015
Outta here
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by passionate88: 8:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Neitzsche:
grin so you just want to be chopping and cleaning mouth...... Good Nigerian girls still exist tho tongue
I never said good Nigerian girls don't exist, what's good to you might be bad to me.
Re: 17 Reasons Men And Women Choose To Stay Single by KRILMIJAY(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2015
And some ladies will be like " I wont marry him until his mom dies, I dont want any troubles from ma mother-in-law"

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take For This Demon Called Feelings To Go.? / Sex Enhancer / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.