Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,261 members, 7,887,752 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4935862 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) ... (5737) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
taxiappguy:

I'm not guessing. I'm saying my experience on the platform. Not once, not twice.
You've been matched with a closer rider! smiley
So after accepting a request, they will now swap your rider with a closer one. Well I will believe when it happens to me lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
Let Taxi App Guy get you up to 5k cash back on your Cornerstone and AXA mansard Insurance.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
MobilityExpress:

Uber cannot penalize you after wait time turns red. At that point, even the Uber app will tell you to “cancel if rider is not here”.
But then it used to count when it comes to cancellation rate. I don't know about the app though.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
MobilityExpress:

Your patience and professionalism is commendable. This type of rider is the type that should be permanently banned. Speaking so rude and entitled as if she owns the car. What a shame. To think this is somebody’s wife. God help that man.
Exactly what was on my mind oooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

You wait and she will end up giving you 1 star and uber does not care about how you got one star or how long you've waited since you've taken the trip.
And she will even add negative comments on top, I didn't even know what made me go there. And she's going to jakande. If it's a long trip I would have said the stress is worth it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2018
taxiappguy:

Tbh i dont want to disagree with you but you are not correct.
Happend to ME as a DRIVER severally.

Here is some proof

https://uberpeople.net/threads/we-have-matched-you-with-a-closer-rider-wth.131653/

When that happens it is confusing as hell, because you have already called your rider and you are on your way to them and then suddenly the trip changes (you may not even notice when that happens) and then suddenly somebody else is calling you and describing something else. It's also quite annoying.
Okay now I somewhat believe, but this is Nigeria where most times seeing is the only believing grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Lolzz, no be small thing. We gat to be sharp these days. I don't park anyhow in ikoyi sha.
I did Jason statham style of driving too in ikeja when those lasma and their mopol stop me they even injured my car with their gun. Mehn to survive in this Lagos no be moi moi
Who be this Jason statham sef wey una dey mention upandan, I wan meet am grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:
See how long I waited ooo after driving in this bad road and see I drove from ajiwe to this place ooo
Don't mind the pregnant woman, na u give am belle? Next time she will request only when she's ready. Uber has given u permission to cancel so she can report from now till she delivers, nothing dey happen cool

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
Megadrop:
No sir its not intentional, you are wrong sir. The reason why the drivers kept changing was that they were cancelling the request. Uber operates like this, when a request is cancelled by a driver the request goes to the next closest driver to the rider. So if you are a rider and u make a request and different drivers kept calling you just know it that they are cancelling/declining the request until it gets to who is willing to go on that trip.
Hmmm I think you are the one who's wrong grin
I've carried riders going to God forsaken areas and I had to negotiate offline and end trip with them already inside my car, you have to request again when a driver cancels on you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
deedee44:

Okay now I somewhat believe, but this is Nigeria where most times seeing is the only believing grin
I get the impression they have stopped it. After causing much confusion.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
deedee44:

Hmmm I think you are the one who's wrong grin
I've carried riders going to God forsaken areas and I had to negotiate offline and [b]end trip with them already inside my car, you have to request again [/b]when a driver cancels on you
Bro, go get ur facts right, ending a trip is different from cancelling a request. When a request is made from a rider and the closest driver accepts and cancels, the uber server will immediately assign the request to another driver that is close and if there's no driver within that axis then the rider is notified that u have cancelled and he/she will have to request again. That's why you keep getting same request from same rider when you cancel cos there's no driver close and it also accounts for some long pickup location.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:

But then it used to count when it comes to cancellation rate. I don't know about the app though.
No sir cancellation rate doesn't apply in this case being that baba uber has given you the authority to cancel if no show grin. Whether she report or not it does change anything. So many frustrated people in Naija, people no dey smile again. Well, if you had embarked on that trip I tell you that it will not end well and one star is sure for both parties.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
Please expert in the house what can we do to this fraud by riders
I picked up a rider from No. 1 Engineering Rd, Ifako Agege, Lagos to Jibowu yaba which is about 55mins drive and 19km in distance after ending the trip I shaw 400 naira.... with all the holdup uber calculated 400 naira for me, it was a riders fraud I could see it in his eyes. I av called him severally to inform him that he defrauded me but he wouldn't pick my call.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2018
Rollitout:
I picked up a rider from No. 1 Engineering Rd, Ifako Agege, Lagos to Jibowu yaba which is about 55mins drive and 19km in distance after ending the trip I shaw 400 naira.... with all the holdup uber calculated 400 naira for me, it was a riders fraud I could see it in his eyes. I av called him severally to inform him that he defrauded me but he wouldn't pick my call.

A trip review would have taken care of that for you

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:
What was supposed to be my first trip ooo, make una See Me see Wahala after coming all the way from God is good Ajah to good homes estate along badore road and the person was still keeping me waiting only to threaten to report me when i told her she's wasting my time.
I have not read through the thread, but hope you didn't take her?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
Rollitout:

Guess you have not followed tips given here.
Review will solve that without issues. Hope it has not been long?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
Rollitout:

Culprit is either your phone or Gps error. Mail them to review immediately. Your rider was innocent

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2018
Rollitout:

Lol. You could see it in his eyes.
How do you see GPS error in someone's eyes?

17 likes?! Wow.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:
What was supposed to be my first trip ooo, make una See Me see Wahala after coming all the way from God is good Ajah to good homes estate along badore road and the person was still keeping me waiting only to threaten to report me when i told her she's wasting my time.

You get time sha, i dont repply chats instead i call. Chats is a good evidence against u when there is need for it mehn.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
brogxy:

I have not read through the thread, but hope you didn't take her?
No I had to cancel ooo when someone is talking to me in that manner when the trip have not started. Fear catch me ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2018
toomush:

Didn't know about the boost thing, I'm a new driver, how many trips for me to qualify for boost?
Loyalty
Takes a longer time if you drive on different e-hailing platforms.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2018
Pls guys what exactly do taxify check in this vehicles I'm fixing my car up wanna know where to based my priority most. Pls those who have gone for taxify inspection in Lagos pls help educated God bless.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:

No I had to cancel ooo when someone is talking to me in that manner when the trip have not started. Fear catch me ooo

You will live to tell the story...over and over again...

That woman for show U pepper if to say U carry am...

Every gallop and bump comes with consequences like say nah driver fault, if Ac too high, nah trouble. If U are listening to music from soundcity, she will say U r making noise...

I rather be penalised than drive that woman.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
taxiappguy:
Copied, please confirm.
UBER AND TAXIFY DRIVERS ARE NO MORE ALLOWED INTO MAGODO PHASE2 IN ALL THE GATES.

REASON , THEY SAID RESIDENTS ARE NO MORE PAYING FOR STICKERS AS THEY USE UBER/TAXIFY AS AN OPTION.

SO TAKE NOTE AND DONT WASTE YOIR PRECIOUS FUEL DRIVING THAT FAR AND BE TURNED BACK.

I was asked to leave the estate one night.

I was just completing a trip in the estate when another one came in, rider was two streets away so I went there and she asked me to wait.

The estate security patrol bus just pulled up beside me and everybody inside the bus were asking me questions at the same time...las Las, I was asked to leave the estate that UBER/Taxify drivers are not allowed into the estate at night...they even followed me till I drove out of the estate gate.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Taken, thanks
I didn't want to cancel because of too many cancellations I don't normally wait this long. I don't even go this far to pick a rider

From God is good Ajah to that place is almost #800.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 02, 2018
See innovation and my riders are enjoying it.
It's the portable dvd player with screen fixed to the visor.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:21am On Nov 02, 2018
Megadrop:
Bro, go get ur facts right, ending a trip is different from cancelling a request. When a request is made from a rider and the closest driver accepts and cancels, the uber server will immediately assign the request to another driver that is close and if there's no driver within that axis then the rider is notified that u have cancelled and he/she will have to request again. That's why you keep getting same request from same rider when you cancel cos there's no driver close and it also accounts for some long pickup location.
This is where you're getting it wrong, if a driver let's a request slide it will automatically go to another driver. That's because the first/closest driver didn't respond but once a driver accepts , that's the end of the search, if the driver cancels afterwards that rider will have to make another request, app won't find another driver automatically
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2018
deedee44:

This is where you're getting it wrong, if a driver let's a request slide it will automatically go to another driver. That's because the first/closest driver didn't respond but once a driver accepts , that's the end of the search, if the driver cancels afterwards that rider will have to make another request, app won't find another driver automatically
I don't know how Uber operates but I had an experience where the I was the fourth driver that called that got his request.
He was surprised when I told him I wasn't the one he spoke with earlier because the last driver already told him he was on his way to him. Guess those drivers cancelled then the request went to another driver.
I think this has happened like three time to me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 6:01am On Nov 02, 2018
I personally use 3000fuel to earn 10k at most on a regular day. And my cars do not consume more than it should. Thanks

My view for experience[/quote]

You mean 3k fuel to make net profit of 10k or 7k?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:38am On Nov 02, 2018
brogxy:

I don't know how Uber operates but I had an experience where the I was the fourth driver that called that got his request.
He was surprised when I told him I wasn't the one he spoke with earlier because the last driver already told him he was on his way to him. Guess those drivers cancelled then the request went to another driver.
I think this has happened like three time to me.
Okay. I rest my case then
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2018
styveke:

Every gallop and bump comes with consequences like say nah driver fault, if Ac too high, nah trouble. If U are listening to music from soundcity, she will say U r making noise...

Thanks bro, I dodge bullet
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2018
styveke:

Thanks bro, I dodge bullet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) ... (5737) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: GeneralZodd(m), Gentlelife50(m), Abbeyjnr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.