Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,896 members, 7,924,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 11:14 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5027496 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) ... (5755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:27am On Apr 30, 2019
Xneg:

Yes you are wrong, they match drivers and owners every day .

Uber or an affiliate? Kindly show proof otherwise your word here is as good as mine

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2019
mrsage:
If we are not careful, the so called earnings we see on the screen will affect our judgement.

E hailing people, are we really making profit considering the current fares and increasing cost of doing business?
Have u ever seen a black man that has ever agreed to be making profit in any business no matter how successful it is?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2019
jesusson2020:

I know they will come for me, because frustration have destroyed their belief and weakened their ability.

If I have follow nairaland advice about rental fee, I won't have this vehicle

Plenty of drivers are looking for vehicles, some got frustrated and do other jobs.
So at 22 you are still sucking ur mom breast. With no brain. My big bro work hard. Stop forming what you are not.

Meanwhile Monday was not bad

Ain't going to knuck ur hustle, just keep it real... You sound way to aggressive for a newbies, its not war and you honestly have no point to proof. You know its a good thing your first trip on uber started on a Monday morning, prolly you got your account activated on a sunday and you weren't eager to get online. Safe bro, for a 22 yrs old boy, getting to aggressive with people that maybe in their 40s. I wish you well

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bhoomie: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2019
Been reading a lot and I have just three advice.

1. Your body is not an indestructible machine! Always remember that nature will come calling sometime; after putting in consistently long driving hours, especially on Lagos roads and in Lagos traffic. Always take at least one day in a week to rest and recharge. Wetin you gain if you spend most of your earnings on hospital bills?

2. Your vehicle is a machine, but also needs a breather! Imagine working your car's engine for the maximum 12 hours permitted by Uber (excluding times spent driving to pickup, chasing surge, positioning, or simply blowing empty home) and still expecting it to function like it did on the first day? Lagos weather is harsh and Lagos roads are partly bad/untarred; these only adds to the hastening of the wear and tear process of your car. There are many other significant reasons to rest your vehicle from time to time, but the point is also give it some time off every week as you give yourself.

3. Lastly, as you actively chase money and pursue your different hustle, remember that you also have loved ones. Plan out time to spend with them, build relationships and create those memories that will last a lifetime. It is sweet to make money, but even sweeter when you and everyone around you is happy with the way you're making it. Money is important, but happiness is importanter.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2019
Rubbiish:

Have u ever seen a black man that has ever agreed to be making profit in any business no matter how successful it is?

That's not the point. I gave a scenario with figures then asked the question.

If you earn N2,635 as income from Mm2 to Phase 1 ( 1 hour ) calculate all the cost involved and tell me how you will make profit.

We all get carried away by the turnover we earn daily or weekly as the case may be.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2019
mrsage:

That's not the point. I gave a scenario with figures then asked the question.

If you earn N2,635 as income from Mm2 to Phase 1 ( 1 hour ) calculate all the cost involved and tell me how you will make profit.

We all get carried away by the turnover we earn daily or weekly as the case may be.
I am not even relating it to what is obtainable in ehailing daily, i am not in lagos. I am only relating it to life in general. Which black man has ever told u he is making profit in his business? They will always say business is hard...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
almsofgold:
sound post.very sound.even almighty fahrenz is nowhere to be found.
I find it appalling that everyone seems to keep referring to fahrenz and asking where he is today. Not considering that he could have moved on to other things.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
After changing my o2 sensor, my car is still giving me the fault code it with the old one. Sincerely this thing wan kill me and the car still dey chop fuel I've spent my last card I'm even borrowing currently because I don use my savings buy T-bill

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
GforGee:
@dru23

Sir, with respect to those writing negative feedback about the business, I think that THEY HAVE SEEN ALL.
Your first trial was about 8 cars if I'm not mistaken. That's #6.4m if each car costs 800k. Sir, obviously you are a rich man. And you disposed all the cars and bought another 5? Come on, it's unfair of you to think others (who ain't as rich) are impatient or don't know how to do business because they expect to reap as soon as possible from their investment.
....THEY HAVE SEEN ALL... Gazzuzz is an automechanic and he complained about the business, please don't belittle his opinions, you claimed a particular driver worked for him and still works for you. Maybe the guy turned a new leaf when he joined your team, you won't know for sure, but even though I don't know that person or Gazzuzz - I know he (Gazzuzz) will take good care of his cars.
As you are a business man (a rich one at that), I love your posts, respect em too and would like to learn from you. It's a great thing you ain't discouraging drivers, God bless you for that, at the same time sir, let them know right from here that all that glitters isn't gold.

Please don't stop writing or posting here. And please do more of experience sharing that has to do with the bad part, that's where we actually learn (even though success stories are sweeter).

My respect for you just over FAT now.
A deplomat they say is someone who will tell you to go to hell and you would actually be looking forward to it.
How person pass message matters alot. Respect they say...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2019
XGhost:

See am... Different strokes for different folks. My own off day na monday and Wednesday, madam will go to the movies... Sometimes I use agidi do morning till 12 and then shut down for her on those days. Saturday and Sunday are usually used to make my own share having made my rent with the weekdays. I target 15k after fuel on both days to close out the week. Mind you all my daily expenses come out of my earnings so what I have at the end of the week is banked.
Fact is some weeks you'll clean out easy, some others you'll struggle. In the end everything evens out. No job will make you a millionaire overnight so its irrational to expect that this one will. If you are able to bank 80k-100k after daily expenses in a month I don't think that's such a bad thing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
XGhost:

See am... Different strokes for different folks. My own off day na monday and Wednesday, madam will go to the movies... Sometimes I use agidi do morning till 12 and then shut down for her on those days. Saturday and Sunday are usually used to make my own share having made my rent with the weekdays. I target 15k after fuel on both days to close out the week. Mind you all my daily expenses come out of my earnings so what I have at the end of the week is banked.
Fact is some weeks you'll clean out easy, some others you'll struggle. In the end everything evens out. No job will make you a millionaire overnight so its irrational to expect that this one will. If you are able to bank 80k-100k after daily expenses in a month I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Same thing I do. I decided to start uber/Taxify by taking a camry 06 on rentals for 2 months to test run the bizz. Even tho my matrix was already shipped. I never defaulted the guy for once for those 8weeks. (30k). Now I drive my own car, I rest 2 days and I still make sure I remit to myself (30k) every week to a separate account. grin

Ps: I decide to drive only on bolt

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Repent of your sins.if lagos sun can be as hot as this,imagine how hell will feel. Repent!!! cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
grin grin see as driver partners dey claim doing 100 weeks without defaulting grin grin car owners come and tell us if it is true grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
GforGee:
@dru23

Sir, with respect to those writing negative feedback about the business, I think that THEY HAVE SEEN ALL.
Your first trial was about 8 cars if I'm not mistaken. That's #6.4m if each car costs 800k. Sir, obviously you are a rich man. And you disposed all the cars and bought another 5? Come on, it's unfair of you to think others (who ain't as rich) are impatient or don't know how to do business because they expect to reap as soon as possible from their investment.
....THEY HAVE SEEN ALL... Gazzuzz is an automechanic and he complained about the business, please don't belittle his opinions, you claimed a particular driver worked for him and still works for you. Maybe the guy turned a new leaf when he joined your team, you won't know for sure, but even though I don't know that person or Gazzuzz - I know he (Gazzuzz) will take good care of his cars.
As you are a business man (a rich one at that), I love your posts, respect em too and would like to learn from you. It's a great thing you ain't discouraging drivers, God bless you for that, at the same time sir, let them know right from here that all that glitters isn't gold.

Please don't stop writing or posting here. And please do more of experience sharing that has to do with the bad part, that's where we actually learn (even though success stories are sweeter).

Well no disrespect bro .. For me to digest what you said, you have to walk a mile in my shoe .. Have been doing for three years plus. Uber has been in Nigeria for about 4years now ,correct me if am wrong.. I dealt with managers, drivers, taken drivers to police station, lost money ,bad parts, crazy mechanic, change mechanics, change drivers, etc .. I have seen my own share of craziness .. I had to import my engine oil ,preach about it on the forum, show people my pains and gains and blood and tears.. Explain to people on forum, best cars to use and how to maintain those cars .. Mechanics did a number on me .. I finally did a 360 and turns things around.. People dru23 give up , u are not Base in Nigeria etc due to bad engine oil ,my cars packed up. I imported my own oil to use and sell. People said I can't sell enough engine oil or compete with others nobody will buy 17k oil from.. Now at times I can't keep up , I hired a female driver to drive for me ,I take a chance and roll the dice .....
Have been through hell and back .... If you have never experienced what I went through... I respectfully ask you to learn and watch what I do ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knowyeknot: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sometimes we often interpret high turnover as profit.....
But again what do I know

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
ncnerio:

My respect for you just over FAT now.
A deplomat they say is someone who will tell you to go to hell and you would actually be looking forward to it.
How person pass message matters alot. Respect they say...

Experience is the best teacher... if the person writing the post has not walked in my shoe , sorry I can't really take him serious. When uber was still fresh in the naija market, I join them about a year after.. Most of you guys are commenting after the fact.. It is hard to take them serous bro .. But am not upset at all ,you guys are still learning.. Until you have experience my pain, till than you are all my sons ...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
knowyeknot:
Sometimes we often interpret high turnover as profit.....
But again what do I know

Whether the turnover is profit or not .. You have to find your own niche and see what works for you .. The business is profit if you have good drivers ,good cars etc .. I sold my 03 civic and still made money .. I preach maintenance up and down ,good oil ,coolant Judy the basic things.. Very few will hear .. Now am doing those things that prevent me losing profit. And people can't understand why ..... Tired of talking self.. Those that will make will always make it ,those that are willing to learn from others will make it ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skiilashi(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
Good afternoon gentle men.

Please where is Bolt office located in Lagos ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
almsofgold:
sound post.very sound.even almighty fahrenz is nowhere to be found.

So in your little mind, uber business is the best in the world that somone can't move to a better one? Fahrenz go a better deal and left. Should he stay back just so you don't mock him?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
Skiilashi:
Good afternoon gentle men.

Please where is Bolt office located in Lagos ?

No disrespectf but if you can't find that on Google yourself, how are you going to register yourself, use Google map or understand the app.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
My check engine light kept on popping up...
Abeg...
Where I fit scan wetin xup wit am

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hola123: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
good afternoon my uber and Taxify (bolt) people, I got taxify activated today so I decided to go online, I got my first request and I drove to pick up location, on getting there the rider called me and I told her am outside, she said I should pack that she is coming, on trying to pack one guy came banging my door then told me you don't pack here, open my door and entered forced my to drive to there office gave me a fine of 20k then I beg them to take 10k then I paid. I called the rider to notify her then she just ended the trip.

Please I want to ask is there a way to get back my money,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seun289(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sakamanjeh99:
My check engine light kept on popping up...
Abeg...
Where I fit scan wetin xup wit am

U don't need a scanner... Use saka

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
famousguy01:
After changing my o2 sensor, my car is still giving me the fault code it with the old one. Sincerely this thing wan kill me and the car still dey chop fuel I've spent my last card I'm even borrowing currently because I don use my savings buy T-bill

That is a catalyst code, not an 02 sensor code. Your tech needs to look at other things making your car to consume fuel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hola123:
good afternoon my uber and Taxify (bolt) people, I got taxify activated today so I decided to go online, I got my first request and I drove to pick up location, on getting there the rider called me and I told her am outside, she said I should pack that she is coming, on trying to pack one guy came banging my door then told me you don't pack here, open my door and entered forced my to drive to there office gave me a fine of 20k then I beg them to take 10k then I paid. I called the rider to notify her then she just ended the trip.

Sorry for your first day experience.
If you had followed the thread, you would have read a lot about touts. I can deduce from your narration that you don't have much of Lagos driving experience which is very necessary for Lagos. Road signs are very important and you have to shine your eyes very well cos some are somehow hidden to road users but with time, you will learn.
That money is gone and there is nothing that can be done about it but make it a habit to always lock your doors not until you confirm your rider.
More Lagos experience shall come your way but don't give up.
REMEMBER, keep your eyes open for road signs.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
dru23:

Well no disrespect bro .. For me to digest what you said, you have to walk a mile in my shoe .. Have been doing for three years plus. Uber has been in Nigeria for about 4years now ,correct me if am wrong.. I dealt with managers, drivers, taken drivers to police station, lost money ,bad parts, crazy mechanic, change mechanics, change drivers, etc .. I have seen my own share of craziness .. I had to import my engine oil ,preach about it on the forum, show people my pains and gains and blood and tears.. Explain to people on forum, best cars to use and how to maintain those cars .. Mechanics did a number on me .. I finally did a 360 and turns things around.. People dru23 give up , u are not Base in Nigeria etc due to bad engine oil ,my cars packed up. I imported my own oil to use and sell. People said I can't sell enough engine oil or compete with others nobody will buy 17k oil from.. Now at times I can't keep up , I hired a female driver to drive for me ,I take a chance and roll the dice .....
Have been through hell and back .... If you have never experienced what I went through... I respectfully ask you to learn and watch what I do ..
With all you have detailed so far, I have not been able to see you making profits.
You lost millions which could have made some to declare bankruptcy but as a bill gate you are, you are still standing.
Profits are not made in a short while but there are so many uncertainties coming from the E-hailing COYS that affects your business models which will surely make your plans to suffer; just like when they brought that vehicles intake to 2000, fare reduction and you never can tell what they will come up with in the nearest future.
You lost millions and you have been in this for three years now. Three years is enough is for a business of such capital to start making profits plus the millions you lost which I don't see you make. The reason you are still in business is just because you another source of income that helps in keeping your fleet running.
I am not trying to choke my views on you but just to make you see clearly.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
dru23:
[/b]

Experience is the best teacher... if the person writing the post has not walked in my shoe , sorry I can't really take him serious. When uber was still fresh in the naija market, I join them about a year after.. Most of you guys are commenting after the fact.. It is hard to take them serous bro .. But am not upset at all ,you guys are still learning.. Until you have experience my pain, till than you are all my sons ...

You read my post with the intention that I was writing to derail your comments. None of us stand to gain anything by derailing, keep it up if you're comfortable with it, just be a little kind enough not to keep your experiences to yourself

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hola123:

Is there no way you could have driven off when he banged at your car door?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
tunlapapa:

With all you have detailed so far, I have not been able to see you making profits.
You lost millions which could have made some to declare bankruptcy but as a bill gate you are, you are still standing.
Profits are not made in a short while but there are so many uncertainties coming from the E-hailing COYS that affects your business models which will surely make your plans to suffer; just like when they brought that vehicles intake to 2000, fare reduction and you never can tell what they will come up with in the nearest future.
You lost millions and you have been in this for three years now. Three years is enough is for a business of such capital to start making profits plus the millions you lost which I don't see you make. The reason you are still in business is just because you another source of income that helps in keeping your fleet running.

No disrespect to anyone at all ..... In life both personal and business, we fail many times, some gave up ,and some kept trying till they are able to make.. Mistakes are made ,some were able to recover and didn't recover... it is not how many times u fail that matters, but how you recover that matters.. That is why most business man will never tell you how they made it.. They want you to out suffer blood cry and tears. I fail how many times and many businesses too ..especially with uber.. Have learn a lot from those failure... for now I can put it on my kids life that am doing better than before with these uber business.. Am more relaxed, though still some challenges like in any other business.. But so far bro am proud of myself.. I can write a book on my experience and go on and on ..but nobody get time.
My second start has been a lot better than my first start.. I put that on my kids life ...TMT .....The Marathon Continues.. R.I.P Nippsey Hussle ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
jesusson2020:
@ GforGee: I don't do more than 12 hours a day and I do only Uber.

For that particular trip I had a 1.5 surge. And Also Uber did not charge 25%. It was zero %

If I had wait for vehicles from nairaland, I won't have this vehicle.

This trip has sakamaje, the more you look, the less you see. Your GPS was dancing on its own at Ikate and Osborne

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
tunlapapa:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
alstarmayo:

This trip has sakamaje, the more you look, the less you see. Your car was dancing on its own at Ikate and Osborne

In business we learn to grow and we make mistakes... he seems to have the will ,as long has he is determined he will be OK. This is a learning process for the young man. Am sure he will make adjustments as times goes... till than TMC

(1) (2) (3) ... (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) ... (5755) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.