Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,784 members, 7,915,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:20 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4998001 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) ... (5751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
franksam2009:
I swr only someone with enough time will answer this question over again lol

There is a saying that person wey dey ask question no dey miss road. Remember last time you said I didn't give the total distance in kilometers covered, which I have done again and I did previously. If you read what I wrote you will notice I only did a recap then transition into my latest challenge am facing now which is after changing plugs, coils and service nozzles the engine is now still miss firing. The purpose of these thread I guess is to share experience and answer questions, so if you can please do.

PS. Not that I can't try my hands here and there till I solve the challenge but I feel it will save me time if one learn from other that might have experienced such. Hope you get the idea or see waiting I dey try paint.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 2:56am On Oct 02, 2019
XGhost:

Try positioning around places with fewer runs girls and G-boys... Oniru, Jakande, agungi and some other places used to be my go-to for request when I just started, but mehn... I couldn't deal. Terrible riders smelling of weed asking me to break traffic laws.

I have to quote you on this . Let me update the lis :

ADENIJI: bad roads usually causing traffic , with plenty riders enjoying the luxury of cancellations or telling you to park in front of their door which is a lane, with busy Maruwa by the side.. and guess what? They still aren’t ready for the ride yet. Lol

Oniru: ( anything beyond four point) I always avoid it . All u get are runs girls with weed , delaying you before and after trip , very rude , and complaining about fare of 1,100 from Oniru to freedom road (with toll o) . Upon say them go still share the money among themself. And u must drop them at the enterance of the club even if there is no space to park!

MUSHIN : Now I totally avoid Mushin If location is not from palm avenue side, those Idi oro , olosha and area close to ojurin are narrow streets with very bad roads... not easy to make a reverse or turn during those their late night requests. Also passenger are always in twos or 4. Them dey gather money enter, and still leave liquor in your car. I’ve once been arrested there by Alakara police cos some stupid riders put weed for pocket , and hid it in my car upon seeing stop and check. After ur argument , officers collect like 7k and this boys start no cash story when we got to destination... I never collect my money till date. Also plenty one way with no update on google.

YABA: be careful of one way from SABO/YABA to UNILAG. But sweet zone for surge and riders sha frequent pickup.

Herbert Maculey: easy one way zones. Be very cautious . Don’t allow rushing to pick riders drop u in the comfort zone of traffic police and tours.

FÊLA SHRINE : always ask where they are going to first if it’s night. Trust me , they can be going towards sango sometimes. And police checkpoints is frequent around Lateef jakande road (coca cola), IPODO and OLOWU just to catch smokers in Uber (intentionally), and runs girls. So ask if they have anything on when they enter and make sure you use your instinct all along.

Just updating the ones I remember and experienced.

Peace out

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emmybreezy(m): 3:09am On Oct 02, 2019
Y1nka:

I have to quote you on this . Let me update the lis :

ADENIJI: bad roads usually causing traffic , with plenty riders enjoying the luxury of cancellations or telling you to park in front of their door which is a lane, with busy Maruwa by the side.. and guess what? They still aren’t ready for the ride yet. Lol

Oniru: ( anything beyond four point) I always avoid it . All u get are runs girls with weed , delaying you before and after trip , very rude , and complaining about fare of 1,100 from Oniru to freedom road (with toll o) . Upon say them go still share the money among themself. And u must drop them at the enterance of the club even if there is no space to park!

MUSHIN : Now I totally avoid Mushin If location is not from palm avenue side, those Idi oro , olosha and area close to ojurin are narrow streets with very bad roads... not easy to make a reverse or turn during those their late night requests. Also passenger are always in twos or 4. Them dey gather money enter, and still leave liquor in your car. I’ve once been arrested there by Alakara police cos some stupid riders put weed for pocket , and hid it in my car upon seeing stop and check. After ur argument , officers collect like 7k and this boys start no cash story when we got to destination... I never collect my money till date. Also plenty one way with no update on google.

YABA: be careful of one way from SABO/YABA to UNILAG. But sweet zone for surge and riders sha frequent pickup.

Herbert Maculey: easy one way zones. Be very cautious . Don’t allow rushing to pick riders drop u in the comfort zone of traffic police and tours.

FÊLA SHRINE : always ask where they are going to first if it’s night. Trust me , they can be going towards sango sometimes. And police checkpoints is frequent around Lateef jakande road (coca cola), IPODO and OLOWU just to catch smokers in Uber (intentionally), and runs girls. So ask if they have anything on when they enter and make sure you use your instinct all along.

Just updating the ones I remember and experienced.

Peace out
please I will need your digit so you can enlighten me more I’m about to start Uber business with a Toyota Matrix i will like to know more better on the it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 3:20am On Oct 02, 2019
stanuplane:
spent an hour plus on my way back. Will never make that mistake again.

Next time, on such long trips , carry road side passengers to the next city (not the ones with load o) , while you’re offline (remember to park correctly in a pay by before picking people too o). When in the city , go online for like 20-40min. If none, pick passengers forward again , repeat , till you reach a hot zone or off rural area.

So eg.

From Ibafo , you could take people by the bus too to AREPO or Berger (turn off AC). From there , turn on destination so riders don’t take you back. You’ll most definitely see a rider in less than an hour or two. It’s always better than blowing empty or sitting idle and waiting for miracle.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 3:25am On Oct 02, 2019
Emmybreezy:
please I will need your digit so you can enlighten me more I’m about to start Uber business with a Toyota Matrix i will like to know more better on the it

I get plenty seniors here before me o, they are more experienced in this, me just dey share my own gist on top the matter too jare. But sha : 09079113337
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emmybreezy(m): 4:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Please I just want to start the Uber business newly can a Toyota Matrix be used for Uber..?and please I will need your advices as well thanks�
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2019
Who chop em to airport?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 7:15am On Oct 02, 2019
What da hell shocked

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2019
Today is a day of joy for Ehailing drivers cheesy

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 02, 2019
XGhost:

Try positioning around places with fewer runs girls and G-boys... Oniru, Jakande, agungi and some other places used to be my go-to for request when I just started, but mehn... I couldn't deal. Terrible riders smelling of weed asking me to break traffic laws.
lol Boss, I live around this axis. Sometimes in the morning, heading to work, I have to get to Agungi before I start getting request. These places you mentioned are unavoidable for me. To be honest, these set of people you mentioned no dey give me wahala oo. Na usually the once on suit and tie, corporately dressed ones forming bosses. Their oversabi on uber makes me mad. They make you wait longer, talk in a way that is disrespectful which I don't always condone. As for the runs girls and G-boys, I see them once in a while cos of my timing, I always come down to their level, pidgin English, jokes and no much worries with them except on rare occasion.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2019
Maax23:

You sound like you are new in this business. Customer first, every other thing follows. Bolt/uber no Wan hear all this good points U posted here. The only language they understand is customer satisfaction regardless of any other thing. I was almost rubbed on Sunday night at Abraham Adesanya. If not for my instinct, I would have said bye bye to my car or probably my life. But d God I serve pass dem

I've bought fuel & pop corn, just waiting....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2019

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 7:47am On Oct 02, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
Some drivers are high fliers on this hustle . #649k September earnings. Wow!

Is this possible?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2019
Buynowautos:

Is this possible?

According to taxify mail i got, cheering me on to put in more hours and earn big.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2019
fasa199:
What da hell shocked

Jesu and I dey untop bed dey stretch. This weather though wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

According to taxify mail i got, cheering me on to put in more hours and earn big.

Bro nor go kill yourself oh. For one to make above 350k a month nor be small drive time oh.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2019
fasa199:
Today is a day of joy for Ehailing drivers cheesy
if you can swim with your car, it's worth a try. Those places na river Niger. You are going to be picking people up from River Niger and dropping them off in River Benue. Good luck

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2019
ndubuis:
if you can swim with your car, it's worth a try. Those places na river Niger. You are going to be picking people up from River Niger and dropping them off in River Benue. Good luck

Haha. Baba why you dey like this na... Hahaha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by smarthken(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2019
shop smartly @ www.smarthshopping.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2019
Buynowautos:

Bro nor go kill yourself oh. For one to make above 350k a month nor be small drive time oh.

Baba, my car no even strong like Corolla, Camry and Civic dem and i no dey do more than 7pm.
If the hustle fit dey give me 30k weekly sef, i am okay. The little drive around i did last month self, my yansh hear am.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2019
I don suffer..I carry mental patient this morning. Surge of 2.9x ..details later I still dey road..

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Y1nka:

Next time, on such long trips , carry road side passengers to the next city (not the ones with load o) , while you’re offline (remember to park correctly in a pay by before picking people too o). When in the city , go online for like 20-40min. If none, pick passengers forward again , repeat , till you reach a hot zone or off rural area.

So eg.

From Ibafo , you could take people by the bus too to AREPO or Berger (turn off AC). From there , turn on destination so riders don’t take you back. You’ll most definitely see a rider in less than an hour or two. It’s always better than blowing empty or sitting idle and waiting for miracle.

The never break ur car handle before abi?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billiodollars(f): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2019
Morning bosses, cars and trailers in the house. Pls i need ur input on my AC issues. In a bright sunny afternoon, the AC blows like fan. In a calm weather it works like small AC. During d rains, it freezes like a cold room. What might be the issue. Pls help my ministry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2019
Billiodollars:
Morning bosses, cars and trailers in the house. Pls i need ur input on my AC issues. In a bright sunny afternoon, the AC blows like fan. In a calm weather it works like small AC. During d rains, it freezes like a cold room. What might be the issue. Pls help my ministry

I’ve e experienced this before , in very hot sun and traffic , if feels like it’s blowing warm abi?

What’s the model of your car? And which year.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Baba, my car no even strong like Corolla, Camry and Civic dem and i no dey do more than 7pm.
If the hustle fit dey give me 30k weekly sef, i am okay. The little drive around i did last month self, my yansh hear am.

Which car abeg?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2019
pope191:

The never break ur car handle before abi?

I wan talk am, but I say make I lock up grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2019
undecided

Is our base fare now #200?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billiodollars(f): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2019
Toyota camry 03 big for something
Y1nka:

I’ve e experienced this before , in very hot sun and traffic , if feels like it’s blowing warm abi?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ayogabriel: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2019
Buynowautos:

C320 4matic 05

I walk the streets of trinity. I get formation on the prices of parts 1st hand. Because these mechanic once dem see benz wat comes to mind na Maga grin

Lol. I agree
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billiodollars(f): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2019
How did you tackle urs?
Y1nka:

Y1nka:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iskeelm(m): 11:46am On Oct 02, 2019
femilambor007:
Morning Pilots..

I am supporting any pilots in need of phone with

iPhone 6s 32GB for just #47, 000
iPhone 7 32GB for N67, 000
iPhone 6s plus 64GB for N77, 500

Phones are direct tokunbo
Phones are with health battery
Phones are factory unlocked and warranty. Is it higher purchase

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2019
izzou:

I wan talk am, but I say make I lock up grin

Lol, I used to do it with my other car, oworo to berger, but lately stopped like 5 months ago. They can not because of 400 and distort my peace. Even right now self I'm frowning fah grin lost in mechanic place trying to change break pad and other maintenance costin 10k

(1) (2) (3) ... (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) ... (5751) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Starboytwo(m), adeoluadekoya and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.