Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,226 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4934550 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) ... (5737) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Krix25: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

I don't want to sound rude. But the question you asking , shows you are not ready or suited for the business.. I will be surprise if anyone answers you ..
Like I always say my question wasn't directed to you but the few good people in the house..
I have my own car already and I'm just 2 week into the bizniz, just asking for a friend who want to venture into the bizniz...
You're just too rude to give an answer so, park well make better people answer me!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Krix25: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
SaintHilary:

Na wa o! Y'all should learn how to use Google na

YES!!
I actually did that but can't get the right answer that's why I came here..
Thank you so much bro...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
uwemjack:

idioko, utom abadie

Eyeneka, Utom Ofon, Abasi do ye ndito esie
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

That I agree with you 100% .. Most partners are not hands on.. Most can't even maintain their own car ,let alone cars for uber.. A lot of these partners just want the driver to start money right away... And that why a lot of them give up or by stay by the fence...

Drivers have their own fault too .. First of all I maintain all my cars . The maintainence is 100% done by me either small or big .. So I had one driver ,that drives for me . The first few weeks things were ok and than out of no where he was constantly going to my mechanic.. It now became a situation that we were fixing the same issue over and over again.. So my mechanic called me and he Oga , can you give me permission to talk to the driver .. I said why , he said this your driver dey use this motor enter bad road too much .. He said even if na highlander self go get this issue coz the way the driver dey drive .. So he spoke to the driver . And I spoke to the driver, and the driver stated that uber blocked him . And for him to meet up ,he had to do taxify.. And he can't reject request other wise he will not meet.. So after that incident he has been doing ok .. And also he sign up for Ocar.
Another driver that I met here early Feb . I gave him the car in good condition. He test drove the car to make sure no issues at all . He came back happy and I introduced him to my mechanic.. My mechanic address his concerns and he fix them.. So first day on the Job, driver called and said somebody hit him . And that he will take the car to my mechanic. Since he is aware that I do 100% of repairs and maintenance.. I said no and he should drive the car home. When I looked at the car ,you can tell he was at fault.. So I told him he can go home and I will him later. It cost me 60k naira to fix the car , so driver started calling me and mechanic. He wanted to know when the car will be ready. I just ignored him and he called my mechanic tired. Until he finally got the picture.. I was so upset and angry . And he came back on nairaland looking for rental . I just kept shut and I figure whoever gives him car will regret it .. He was on nairaland for months looking for a car ..

My point is that we have to hold partners and drivers to a standard.. We can't just blame partners all the time . Drivers too need to be held accountable too .
You can write story sha grin
Bros how far na, long time

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
dru23:

I don't want to sound rude. But the question you asking , shows you are not ready or suited for the business.. I will be surprise if anyone answers you ..
I thought I was the only one thinking same thing you just wrote now... I pretended I didn't see his message. Cause if I reply it, I might end up being rude and people may attack me for it.... Good enough I have a partner in crime.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
lograr:

Who was taken to jail? customer or employee?
Lol this your question shaa, though let me ansa you. Cause I know no one will want to reply u..

Yes the employee was taken to jail after she was shot dead, am sure next time she won't forget whatever a customer order for else she will be shot dead again and taken to jail and maybe this time life sentence...
Hope I have answered your question naw...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
topsydee007:
This issue of rider-driver relationship.

Most times before a rider will behave rudely to u..they would have accesed your dressing, countenance and the way u speak. If u dress well, speak well and have a good carriage. 98% of riders will respect u.
This was previously brought up and the retort was they don't have dress requirements for riders so...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jaidooo(m): 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
Inside life...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Jaidooo:
Inside life...

0803 901 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2019
izzou:

Very Doable.

Try and leave early. You'll encounter hitches when leaving Nigeria.... Police, Immigration and Customs. But after you cross to Benin. The journey becomes smooth till you get to Aflao border.

It's worth it, in my opinion. Just leave early so you can reach at night

And take pictures and create a thread here too cool
I wanted the road trip with the kids but based on all the responses I'll wait till summer and do it in the US. My in-laws are in Ghana so was going to attend jerk fest at their JamRock restaurant in Ghana
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Babadee1900:
Thanks for your help towards fixing my car yesterday. I'm grateful......and regards to Mr Glen. smiley

YW! Thanks for being easy to work with.. And your patience smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
Prince3:

Lol this your question shaa, though let me ansa you. Cause I know no one will want to reply u..

Yes the employee was taken to jail after she was shot dead, am sure next time she won't forget whatever a customer order for else she will be shot dead again and taken to jail and maybe this time life sentence...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
sad sad sad sad
radautoworks:

I wanted the road trip with the kids but based on all the responses I'll wait till summer and do it in the US. My in-laws are in Ghana so was going to attend jerk fest at their JamRock restaurant in Ghana
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
Prince3:

....maybe this time life sentence ...
No no no!!! You missed it somewhere, it’s this time another dealt sentence. LMAO gringringringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jaidooo(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
izzou:

0803 901 2019
Thank you bro. You know if they can unblock me tommorow mourning ? Thanks alot
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
Jaidooo:

Thank you bro. You know if they can unblock me tommorow mourning ? Thanks alot

I dont know oh

Just try. sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cindybaby22(f): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Better
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
1daboi:
Calabardick and eroticextasy......hmmm, dont ever judge a book by its cover. Calabardick, may your dick never lack oil.

....I'm still considering what to wish you.
grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
Guys, it is real.... let us all endeavor to always check our cars after dropping off riders. (or riders that seems like bird of ill-omen). Took 2guys to Baruwa inside area,dropped them at their location (area which doesn't a residential), I re-parked to clean my car before embarking on another trip, found a bottle drink under the front chair, what it is I don't know, seems mixtures of liquid drinks, threw it away, cleaned up and just 2minute drive away from the street, Sars stopped me and questioned me, they couldn't get on my nerves despite their approach because I was so calm with them with positive response. Decided to check my car, no issue. What baffles me is the way they searched, to the extent of opening my footmart. Infact, lets just be careful even as we pray for protection. I thank God because the story would have been different by now. I hale everybody + Uber barred me today with 6% cancellation rate.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Gentlelife50:

For now Uber
Almost all the requests are coming with surge
all the request I got today on bolt is with surge and ocar surge too net about 20k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lograr(m): 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
Prince3:

Its an investigative question. I know why i asked. No such story of a drive through employee been shot because of sauce on the internet. Not to talk of shot dead. There have been shooting no doubt. Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
See wickedness and evil in high places. When they read what Uber Drivers make, they want to take a piece of the pie. More protection bro.

Back to my nanny duties grin
Izzou grin, come for apprenticeship ooooo grin

SHOOPSYN:
Guys, it is real.... let us all endeavor to always check our cars after dropping off riders. (or riders that seems like bird of ill-omen). Took 2guys to Baruwa inside area,dropped them at their location (area which doesn't a residential), I re-parked to clean my car before embarking on another trip, found a bottle drink under the front chair, what it is I don't know, seems mixtures of liquid drinks, threw it away, cleaned up and just 2minute drive away from the street, Sars stopped me and questioned me, they couldn't get on my nerves despite their approach because I was so calm with them with positive response. Decided to check my car, no issue. What baffles me is the way they searched, to the extent of opening my footmart. Infact, lets just be careful even as we pray for protection. I thank God because the story would have been different by now. I hale everybody + Uber barred me today with 6% cancellation rate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:00am On Dec 21, 2019
sharpk007:

Explain fire .. I chop 4.5X dis morning, from Muri Okuola to Cardogan 5.3K.. d niga paid 5K wit beg, I just free am and move....

Nah rating go suffer em... My rating just drop by 0.03%

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by raykas(m): 1:25am On Dec 21, 2019
Call for a reasonable price on 08062288956 or WhatsApp me . Thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:32am On Dec 21, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by harrison24: 1:35am On Dec 21, 2019
radautoworks:
[/quote][quote author=radautoworks post=85086442]

Good Morning Aunty Radu. The road trip is doable, done it with a close friend, more than 4 return trips, we took turn driving. The roads are very good once you cross over from Nigeria border.

The map is kinda correct, but you don’t have to go through Port Novo, except you are using the Idiroko border. The road to Accra from Lagos is pretty straight forward.

Before you move, there are some documents you must have since you are taking your car. Your individual travel documents. You need your international drivers license, Ecowas vehicle license/certificate. Can’t remember , Ecowas brown card, which serves as your international vehicle insurance. Then at the border, since it’s your first time, you pay some money I think about 30 something thousand, don’t know if it has been increased. After you clear from the Nigeria part, you will get a Lessie passie, from the Benin republic side of the border. Which will enable you to drive freely in their country. Forgotten how much it is, but since it’s the first time you are traveling with you car the fee will be a bit high, after that, to renew is just about 7k. When you get to the border btw Benin and Togo(Hila Conji), you have to stamp out of Benin and also get Lessie Passie for Togo. On the Togo and Ghana border( Aflao), you stamp your Lessie passie, for leaving Togo. On the Ghana side of the border, you will to get an undertaken, which also enables you to drive within Ghana. Everything is fully automated, there is also instructions on how you can go about it yourself.

After all of that it’s smooth sailing, there are several police check points, one immigration check point and 1 custom check point, where you have drive into their compound to be checked. When on the Benin republic and Togo side, when approaching the a check point, pay attention, when you hear the sound of a whistle, pls find a way to park ASAP and be checked, plus have some of their currency to pay for toll fees. On the Ghana side where you see signs for speed limit, pls adhere to it, so you don’t violate traffic law, plus also have some cedis to pay for toll.

If you need more details, i will be happy to provide.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:36am On Dec 21, 2019
[quote][/quote][quote author=lograr post=85089822]

Its an investigative question. I know why i asked. No such story of a drive through employee been shot because of sauce on the internet. Not to talk of shot dead. There have been shooting no doubt. Google is your friend[]quote]

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://local12.com/news/offbeat/woman-arrested-for-reportedly-shooting-ky-kfc-drive-thru-window-over-missing-fork-napkin&ved=2ahUKEwiqy4mzvsXmAhUriOAKHWSzAz0QFjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw26yhEfZ
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:37am On Dec 21, 2019
Prince3:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://local12.com/news/offbeat/woman-arrested-for-reportedly-shooting-ky-kfc-drive-thru-window-over-missing-fork-napkin&ved=2ahUKEwiqy4mzvsXmAhUriOAKHWSzAz0QFjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw26yhEfZmQu-gGJ5ya19d0k&cshid=1576888275840
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by harrison24: 1:38am On Dec 21, 2019
radautoworks:
Driving to Accra, suicide or doable? Thinking of road trip with the family.

Good Morning Aunty Radu. The road trip is doable, done it with a close friend, more than 4 return trips, we took turn driving. The roads are very good once you cross over from Nigeria border.

The map is kinda correct, but you don’t have to go through Port Novo, except you are using the Idiroko border. The road to Accra from Lagos is pretty straight forward.

Before you move, there are some documents you must have since you are taking your car. Your individual travel documents. You need your international drivers license, Ecowas vehicle license/certificate. Can’t remember , Ecowas brown card, which serves as your international vehicle insurance. Then at the border, since it’s your first time, you pay some money I think about 30 something thousand, don’t know if it has been increased. After you clear from the Nigeria part, you will get a Lessie passie, from the Benin republic side of the border. Which will enable you to drive freely in their country. Forgotten how much it is, but since it’s the first time you are traveling with you car the fee will be a bit high, after that, to renew is just about 7k. When you get to the border btw Benin and Togo(Hila Conji), you have to stamp out of Benin and also get Lessie Passie for Togo. On the Togo and Ghana border( Aflao), you stamp your Lessie passie, for leaving Togo. On the Ghana side of the border, you will to get an undertaken, which also enables you to drive within Ghana. Everything is fully automated, there is also instructions on how you can go about it yourself.

After all of that it’s smooth sailing, there are several police check points, one immigration check point and 1 custom check point, where you have drive into their compound to be checked. When on the Benin republic and Togo side, when approaching the a check point, pay attention, when you hear the sound of a whistle, pls find a way to park ASAP and be checked, plus have some of their currency to pay for toll fees. On the Ghana side where you see signs for speed limit, pls adhere to it, so you don’t violate traffic law, plus also have some cedis to pay for toll.

If you need more details, i will be happy to provide.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:46am On Dec 21, 2019
lograr:

Its an investigative question. I know why i asked. No such story of a drive through employee been shot because of sauce on the internet. Not to talk of shot dead. There have been shooting no doubt. Google is your friend

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:51am On Dec 21, 2019
lograr:

Who was taken to jail? customer or employee?

I dey wait for my apology
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lograr(m): 2:36am On Dec 21, 2019
dru23:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://local12.com/news/offbeat/woman-arrested-for-reportedly-shooting-ky-kfc-drive-thru-window-over-missing-fork-napkin&ved=2ahUKEwiqy4mzvsXmAhUriOAKHWSzAz0QFjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw26yhEfZmQu-gGJ5ya19d0k&cshid=1576888275840

Prince3

From the link posted by dru23,

" Police were called to the KFC on Oct. 28 after 33-year-old Jonelle Dare reportedly SHOT AT the WINDOW"

There was shooting in this case but nobody was shot. No casualty. Read the article well.
There is difference between shot and shot at.

Secondly, the link Posted stated "Witnesses say it was because she didn't receive a fork and napkin with her order". Not SAUCE

So i stand by my statement :

"No such story of a drive through employee been shot because of sauce on the internet"

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) ... (5737) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.