Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4914057 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) ... (5728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
pope191:

Boss I'm ohk wit d plate number, but how about if he have extra key? How about if sometin happened to the car? Won't that implicate the person holding the key? The truth about this, its difficult pleasing a soul who doesn't want to b pleased, they both have to come back and deliberate with good intentions. If he pushes the owner beyond his calmness and he feels disrespected, he may back out from collecting the car and patiently wait for fault to get the car back, he will b so brutal towards getting weekly earning and may end up putting undue pressure on driver.

I feel the best thing is for both of them to reason on the agreement they have and logically see things from each other angle @The Driver just make sure u r not at d receiving at when its all said nd done.
That their case is not hard. Since the owner's friend want to be using the car to work at this period. Its either they sit on another agreement as the third man is involved.
Its either he back out and get refunded or
They re-negotiate the amount to be paid since the car will be de-valued.
I will rather back out.
#Back to isolation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

he doesnt want it parked. he said his friends wants to use it and they have work I.d , my fear is , what happens if anything goes wrong with the car during the time his friends r using it. if the lockdown exceed the normal 14 days n goes into a month or more. what will happen

I really think in depends on ur raport with ur partner. If it's a tokunbo,he should be responsible for anything that may come up while the car was with him.he also should be responsible for the week's instalment.

Don't make it too difficult by dealing strictly on contract but apply wisdom in dealing it guy to guy. Understanding is all that matters,the table can turn tomorrow whereby u might need him to also bend the rules of the agreement for u or anything else.

Like I said earlier,it depends on ur raport and how closr ur relationship is!!

If

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2020
tojahh:

His friends wants to be using it from Ikorodu to Island? Everyday you said??

The owner is not recognizing the terms of agreement that is if you even have one. If you do, go back and read and understand at what condition the car can be collected from you. l also suggest, NO FEAR AM WHEN UNA DEY TALK, tell am as e be.

1. You park it in his place and hold on to key and battery and plates.

2. He pick the car, you collect wages per day.

3. His friends use the car and continue paying the rental and sign agreement to full responsibility of hazards and repairs.

4. Ready to collect your 100k. Once he sees any of the above.

He has no right to withold even the Tyre Jack to that car, no part of the car is his until he fully pays for it.be like say u Noh know wetin be hire purchase.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
Felicity0001:

I tire oooh.

We advice this guy to return b4 but guy no hear, anyways u wont blame him shall, hard times r here so one or two trips a week can keep one going this period.
abi was is not the same guy that was begging owner to reduce weekly remittance to N15k?
So owner can see from his tracket car is working despite the lockdown and no remittance reason for him asking for the car.

Maybe owner needs car to go to market or hospital who knows.

Let hiree ask hirer where he would like to go let him drive h/h there.

Times like this friendly understanding and honesty is needed. No need to be too hard else both parties has a lot to loss especially the driver.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Everything nah understanding,they both don't need to be too hard on themselves, contract or no contract,every law has a human face.this can be handled as guys but he should ask that the week's instalment be deducted from the total money

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bros, be careful with the kind of advice you get here. YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF THE CAR YET! You self reason am, am assuming the car is a corolla, maybe bought for 1.8m, plate number, maybe comp insurance, maybe tracker. Am assuming 2m total package, so because you have paid me 100k, about 5% of my COST, you want to hold my keys, remove plate number, remove tyre. All this people giving you this advice wants to render you jobless unknowingly.
I don't know d contract you sign but know that the car owner still Remain d owner of his car in nearly 99% of HP agreement until you don PAY finish. I have witness where someone paid 70% of HP agreement and still losses d car due to inability to pay completely. There are some Wicked clause in most agreement. Remember, it was draft by car owner and its always to their advantage. If you try removing anything from that car, God's willing Corona end and you default and he activate one of those wicked clause in ur agreement. Am sure that u know that there are weeks you will Surely default and you will need his help, no sow bad seed Now.
My Advice, return his car, it should not be in ur possession this period self, share your honest concern with him, about how d car might be devalue and all that and how this might affect d car you're already paying for. Listen to his responds.If he cares about you and your contract, you will know what to do. I don't think his friend wants to use d car, he just want d car to be in his possession. Do not terminate d contract, things will be a little bit slow, I mean hard after dis Corona period. Hold on to what you've got!

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
shollywendy1:

That their case is not hard. Since the owner's friend want to be using the car to work at this period. Its either they sit on another agreement as the third man is involved.
Its either he back out and get refunded or
They re-negotiate the amount to be paid since the car will be de-valued.
I will rather back out.
#Back to isolation

Lol, boss never enter isolation grin shebi nah because d person tell em about his friend driving it... If I say my papa masquerade won dance, I still have the right to say he no dance again. He may just say he wants the car in his care and that's it, like Bigleaf1006 said, he have no right to remove pin for the car

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

He has no right to withold even the Tyre Jack to that car, no part of the car is his until he fully pays for it.be like say u Noh know wetin be hire purchase.

No vex... You're right sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by noblealuu: 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
pope191:

Nice one! Weekend made... do give away nah

Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
dapotemi:
Bros, be careful with the kind of advice you get here. YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF THE CAR YET! You self reason am, am assuming the car is a corolla, maybe bought for 1.8m, plate number, maybe comp insurance, maybe tracker. Am assuming 2m total package, so because you have paid me 100k, about 5% of my COST, you want to hold my keys, remove plate number, remove tyre. All this people giving you this advice wants to render you jobless unknowingly.
I don't know d contract you sign but know that the car owner still Remain d owner of his car in nearly 99% of HP agreement until you don PAY finish. I have witness where someone paid 70% of HP agreement and still losses d car due to inability to pay completely. There are some Wicked clause in most agreement. Remember, it was draft by car owner and its always to their advantage. If you try removing anything from that car, God's willing Corona end and you default and he activate one of those wicked clause in ur agreement. Am sure that u know that there are weeks you will Surely default and you will need his help, no sow bad seed Now.
My Advice, return his car, it should not be in ur possession this period self, share your honest concern with him, about how d car might be devalue and all that and how this might affect d car you're already paying for. Listen to his responds.If he cares about you and your contract, you will know what to do. I don't think his friend wants to use d car, he just want d car to be in his possession. Do not terminate d contract, things will be a little bit slow, I mean hard after dis Corona period. Hold on to what you've got!

Op, follow the advice above,

Return the car and wait for the lapse of CoRO.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
radautoworks:
REAL TALK
I disagree

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

I really think in depends on ur raport with ur partner. If it's a tokunbo,he should be responsible for anything that may come up while the car was with him.he also should be responsible for the week's instalment.

Don't make it too difficult by dealing strictly on contract but apply wisdom in dealing it guy to guy. Understanding is all that matters,the table can turn tomorrow whereby u might need him to also bend the rules of the agreement for u or anything else.

Like I said earlier,it depends on ur raport and how closr ur relationship is!!

If

thanks bosses.. I gave given him the car. I didnt give him any agreement to sign nor demand anything from him.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2020
bolabiyi:
Did one sharparly runs this morning...Recieved call 9pm yesterday. ...rider...hello, sir pls you have carried me on bolt before and i saved your number...Me..ma, what do you want? You know there is a lockdown....Rider...i know bros, but i want to get some stuffs at oyingbo to ikorodu tho and fro....we will leave 4am...chai....so tempting as local man nwed cash this lockdown..... i replied....Madam...hmmmm, can u pay?Rider...how much? Me...14k....Rider, biko let me pay 12k....ok madam....lets shoot..... woke up, no brushing o, local man put chewing gum for mouth.....we moved true true o, like play like play the journey dey smooth until we got close to alagomeji...omo na police oo.....police...park park...hello, werw rbu coming from? Dont u know the is lockdown? Or r u a foreigner? Me....oga, i am going to buy food nio, i cant come and die of hunger...police, abeg, drive this car enter station...rider...police man biko, we cant die of hunger na, abi whick kind walahi b dis? Police...madam, we r impounding this car, you have disobeyed the law and also u and dis driver will be arrested o...rider.....henn, arrested kwa....wetin we do? Madam sharparly put her hand for purse give the idiot 2k....police...madam, u sabi jare..u b like dis big head driver wey no sabi....dem dey like do stronghead....we then left ooo....na so i drove fast and furious reach ikorodu...bottom line...3 hrs...4 to 7...12k...oya na lets go there...i go manage am take hold body......Note....na small boredom make my story long like dis o
Cool cash. It's now I know that riders also save drivers numbers without telling them. I've been receiving average of 3 calls in 2 days since lockdown.
Stranger.. Hello you're a taxify driver right?
Me.. Yes
Stranger.. Are you on duty?
Me.. No ma /sir, till further notice
Stranger.. Okay
I end call
Maybe I should start listening to them first, or start by if you're going to hospital I'm not on duty grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

he wants to be driving it , from ikorodu to d island . he goes to the island everyday .
I guess he wants to be using as it's difficult to get commercial buses or cabs at this period. If that's the case you can propose to be carrying him to and fro (if it's convenient for you) and he'll either be paying you or deducting the fare from your HP. As long as that agreement stands, it's your car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

see bro...the only logical thing is to ask for a mutual termination...that way you get your 100k back....
The only right you have to the car is your weekly payments....so unless you plan to keep paying him while the car is parked in your house...
You cant tell him not to use his property and you cant seize his key either....but You can ask him for termination since he wants to use the car....or you tell him to deduct your weekly pay for the periods he has the car for....which wont happen...
So if you are not paying for obvious reasons...return his car....and ask for your 100k.....
After the lock down....you can sit down with him and renegotiate....You can even beat the price down by claiming the car is not Tokunbo...since it has been used....
The car ceased to be his property the moment he signed the HP agreement, and it will never be his car again unless a clause is triggered that renders the agreement invalid

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
deedee44:

The car ceased to be his property the moment he signed the HP agreement, and it will never be his car again unless a clause is triggered that renders the agreement invalid

So who's property is it then? grin

The HP driver?
Uber?
FRSC?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
deedee44:

I guess he wants to be using as it's difficult to get commercial buses or cabs at this period. If that's the case you can propose to be carrying him to and fro (if it's convenient for you) and he'll either be paying you or deducting the fare from your HP. As long as that agreement stands, it's your car

have given him the car already... I will see the condition it will be after he returns it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

thanks bosses.. I gave given him the car. I didnt give him any agreement to sign nor demand anything from him.
Case closed. I hope he will be this gentle and understanding if (most likely when) the table turns

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

The HP driver?
Uber?
FRSC?

Izzou my friend, if we look at it critically the car belongs to the driver at the moment

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
dru23:

Well maybe the one you bought had issues already.. My 05 civic tokunbo was rusted and I was in a rush to buy it. I bought via coparts .. I had no experience buying cars at the time .. When the car arrived Lagos my mechanic looked at it . And he complain that the car has too much rust and it would not last long. We had to change the gasket of the car. And a few months later it had transmission issues. We had to get a new transmission.. But overall the car did well and handle itself well ...buying from auction or lack of experience is like a double edge sword.. So my other civics I bought some I bought via auction and others via private sale.. Those civics were in good condition and my mechanic was impressed.. I always say if you can get a good one ,they are the best cars for ehailing.. I plan to add more to my fleet and have become more selective when buying the civic. The civics to me are low maintenance and the shocks are very strong. With the Nigerian bad roads ,I only replace one shock from the civic..this is my experince .. Again I plan to add more civics to my fleet..

Conclusion: whether you buying Corolla or any other cars. Be selective and make sure you know what you are buying....

pls sir are Honda city 2005_2007 any good for uber,cos heard its as good as a civic

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
deedee44:

I beg to differ sir or ma

What the owner of the car transfers fter signing the HP is what is term "contractual custody of property". Which allows the driver to keep, use and pay out the agreed worth of the vehicle.

Ownership of the car is only transfer when he completes the payment..

Even if it's remaining 5naira the condition that bestow ownership to him is not yet perfetected and if a case arise when he has pay almost 90% of the agreed sum in a hire purchase..the only principle that can help in suit is the principle of equity and that depends on the versatility of his lawyer...

In HP agreement the person giving out the car has the very very upper hand in law.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
deedee44:

Izzou my friend, if we look at it critically the car belongs to the driver at the moment

There was never a time it belonged to do the driver.

Because he signed for HP never translates to him owning the car at the moment

I do not support the owner using the car for anything outside their contract, but it never was his and won't be until he fulfills the conditions of what he signed

My opinion kiss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
Vision2045:

What the owner of the car transfers fter signing the HP is what is term "contractual custody of property". Which allows the driver to keep, use and pay out the agreed worth of the vehicle.

Even if it's remaining 5naira the condition that bestow ownership to him is not yet perfetected and if a case arise when he has pay almost 90% of the agreed sum in a hire purchase..the only principle that can help in suit is the principle of equity and that depends on the versatility of his lawyer...

In HP agreement the person giving out the car has the very very upper hand in law.

Thanks for making me see things from your point of view, I quite agree with you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

Cool!! Don't worry,all will be well. Life often times isn't so difficult but we humans make things hard for ourselves.
Your good faith will be rewarded IJN!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
@everyone
Here's a simple way to look at the matter on ground.

The owner of the vehicle under HP at any point in time is the person who has custody of the original documents of the vehicle.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
this is the best explanation do far.
from the legal point of view.(u are definitely a lawyer ) or close to that profession.
now that's legal.

in the real world . (outside and business world)
so many things come to play,
like areas of specialization , how long u have been in the business, how much of the money you have paid, nature of agreement including clauses u both are privy of, ur negotiation skills,

as it stands, the owner of this car has better leverage than the HP driver.
a lot depends on the agreement u signed,

after, reading that driver had dropped car,
I would have said he could have raised the concerns he had about the car(as against just dropping it like that).
his response would give u insight on the kind of person u are dealing with and what to expect should matters arise.

Vision2045:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Everything nah understanding,they both don't need to be too hard on themselves, contract or no contract,every law has a human face.this can be handled as guys but he should ask that the week's instalment be deducted from the total money
Or better still let him drive them to where ever they want to go till the lockdown is over them uber and taxify would have been available for them not be neesing his services any longer. Simple.

He has no right what so ever to the car.

Wisdom is needed here. But if they refuse he drives them then let them call it quit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

have given him the car already... I will see the condition it will be after he returns it

Hope u snapped a picture before handing it over...

If when returning the condition of the car is not in the state it was when you return it..

He has an obligation to return the car to the state it was before, in a situation where he disagrees, you can either revalue the car or ask he refund every kobo you paid (I said every kobo)

Reason:

1. The moment he ask you to return the car to him due to the obvious fact that you cant meet up with payment, which is not even your fault...

Meaning he has taken away the right of custody bestowed on you by the HP agreement..that right can only be judged right, if the owner of the car can prove that your place or where u keep the car is not safe. If otherwise you have a point to get every kobo back.

2. In a situation where he not only took the car but now transfer custody and useage to another person whom is termed friend..He has violated the right the HP bestow on you as well.

So that more reason why if anything happen to the car after you returned it, he must reinstate it back to original state of collection.

Common law is part of our law and the principle that guides my summation above is the principle of estoppel.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

The HP driver?
Uber?
FRSC?

Government property

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
jonaifame22:
pls sir are Honda city 2005_2007 any good for uber,cos heard its as good as a civic

To be honest with you I don't know much about Honda City.. From personal experience Honda civic from 03 to 05 is the best car for the job..

The civic is very easy to maintain and rugged for the job. Am sure Honda City should do ok too..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
deedee44:

Case closed. I hope he will be this gentle and understanding if (most likely when) the table turns
I pray!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
Vision2045:

Hope u snapped a picture before handing it over...

If when returning the condition of the car is not in the state it was when you return it..

He has an obligation to return the car to the state it was before, in a situation where he disagrees, you can either revalue the car or ask he refund every kobo you paid (I said every kobo)

Reason:

1. The moment he ask you to return the car to him due to the obvious fact that you cant meet up with payment, which is not even your fault...

Meaning he has taken away the right of custody bestowed on you by the HP agreement..that right can only be judged right, if the owner of the car can prove that your place or where u keep the car is not safe. If otherwise you have a point to get every kobo back.

2. In a situation where he not only took the car but now transfer custody and useage to another person whom is termed friend..He has violated the right the HP bestow on you as well.

So that more reason why if anything happen to the car after you returned it, he must reinstate it back to original state of collection.

Common law is part of our law and the principle that guides my summation above is the principle of estoppel.

Very correct statement here... the contractual agreement has already been breached by handing the car over to a 3rd party that wasn't part of the hire purchase agreement signed. You have every RIGHT to demand compensation.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jonaifame22(m): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
dru23:

To be honest with you I don't know much about Honda City.. From personal experience Honda civic from 03 to 05 is the best car for the job..

The civic is very easy to maintain and rugged for the job. Am sure Honda City should do ok too..
thank you sir,God bless, and Alps sir does ur civic use a CVT and if yes how much do you get the oil and where do you buy from

(1) (2) (3) ... (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) ... (5728) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SenatorJChris and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.