Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:07 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4997730 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2564) (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) ... (5751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:36am On Apr 04, 2020
bolabiyi:
shout out to shollywendy....sure man....how u dey? How lockdown for ur side?
Twaile. Barka de lockdown
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2020
pope191:

Ah swear, more lighter to ur pooli. U sabi
Thumb up. Gbera! Tesumole pope. Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 10:44am On Apr 04, 2020
peeps4u:

It is wrong for him to use it. The more he uses it, the more it devalues. I think it is better you park the car at his house and u have the key or vise versa or let him know why the car should be parked in his house without being touched.

If he doesn't agree, he should return your 150k.

It is wrong for him to use the car, he can collect the car and have it parked at his house but not to be used as it is not entirely his car so far it is still under contract.

My opinion.
How is it wrong for him to use his car...Is the man paying him now amidst this lockdown...so how exactly is it wrong for the owner of a car to use his own car......
Since you cant pay up for obvious reasons.....Y cant the owner of the car use it...am sure his contract didn't envisage the issues we have now....but if it did...well...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

How is it wrong for him to use his car...Is the man paying him now amidst this lockdown...so how exactly is it wrong for the owner of a car to use his own car......
Since you cant pay up for obvious reasons.....Y cant the owner of the car use it...am sure his contract didn't envisage the issues we have now....but if it did...well...

He can recall and collect the car and have it parked in his house, but not saying he wants to use it, using it breaches the agreement and I will advise the hiree to demand for his money if he uses it. Using it as a personal car already devalues the car. Both the hirer and hiree shouldn't use the car for any purpose this period.

The car doesn't belong to the hirer to use for personal purposes, likewise does it not belong to the hiree to use for personal purposes except ehailing unless he's ready to pay the weekly remittance this period.

I once advised the young man few days ago that the fight is best fought when/if he returns the car. He shoukd have returned the car by now and the owner has no right to use it unless he is ready to dissolve the the contract, the car is under contract.

Does the owner except weekly remittance in lockdown period? I'm sure the contract will read something like "the car should be used for ehailing purpose only" is there any of such now?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:
my hp partner call me now that he will be coming to my place tomoro to carry car that he wants to use it that I should come and take it back after the curfew.. what do u guys think.
NB:my total amount paid is 150k.. advice please

Truth be told, you got yourself in this mess by failing to return the car on time and even proposing to approach him for a reduced weekly remittance during the earlier days LASG announced closure of activities, things were already moving slow that time.
You shouldn't have waited for the hirer to ask for the car before woukd request from your him to bring the car or you still hold it. In this period of lockdown, the car is supposed to be with the hirer unless he allows you hold it.

He could even lay claim to the week you have the car with you without working unless he permits you to have the car with you till now.

God bless

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 11:21am On Apr 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

Sir, what i believe is that, the owner is right to get his/her car in her/his custody at the period. It is not proper using the car as the continous driving, wearing and tearing of the car engine and other will surely devalue the car.
The toks condition of the car is what the driver is paying for weekly. As the remittance is on hold as a result of the general lockdown, business as well as the agreement too should be on hold.
Anything that make the owner to drive the car behind the driver will surely make the amount slashed on the HP agreement to be reduced as the value is reducing as he ( owner) drives it.
My opinion though i may be wrong

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 11:26am On Apr 04, 2020
peeps4u:

Truth be told, you got yourself in this mess by failing to return the car on time and even proposing to approach him for a reduced weekly remittance during the earlier days LASG announced closure of activities, things were already moving slow that time.
You shouldn't have waited for the hirer to ask for the car before woukd request from your him to bring the car or you still hold it. In this period of lockdown, the car is supposed to be with the hirer unless he allows you hold it.

He could even lay claim to the week you have the car with you without working unless he permits you to have the car with you till now.

God bless
Nice point. He should have returned the car earlier before now. If the owner then ask him to keep it. Its fine.
I have like 4 HP partner thst asked their driver to keep the cars simply because they were approached b4 the general lockdown
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 11:31am On Apr 04, 2020
peeps4u:

God bless
exactly......nothing to add....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2020
shollywendy1:

Sir, what i believe is that, the owner is right to get his/her car in her/his custody at the period. It is not proper using the car as the continous driving, wearing and tearing of the car engine and other will surely devalue the car.
The toks condition of the car is what the driver is paying for weekly. As the remittance is on hold as a result of the general lockdown, business as well as the agreement too should be on hold.
Anything that make the owner to drive the car behind the driver will surely make the amount slashed on the HP agreement to be reduced as the value is reducing as he ( owner) drives it.
My opinion though i may be wrong
You are right....but the owner of the car can use the car...so far the man isn't paying his dues on the car....we know it isn't his fault at this point...but no one thought we would be in this situation...
But let's be honest....the owner of the car...or say hirer....wont be driving the car in this period....where will he be driving to....am sure he just wants to park the car in his compound...at least to be sure his car is safe...
But if he used the car....the hirer could renegotiate after the lock down base on the condition of the car then....
Am sure both the hirer and hiree....have their exit clause in the contracts signed...
so if he isn't pleased with the condition of the car...he can activate the clause....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

You are right....but the owner of the car can use the car...so far the man isn't paying his dues on the car....we know it isn't his fault at this point...but no one thought we would be in this situation...
But let's be honest....the owner of the car...or say hirer....wont be driving the car in this period....where will he be driving to....am sure he just wants to park the car in his compound...at least to be sure his car is safe...
But if he used the car....the hirer could renegotiate after the lock down base on the condition of the car then....
Am sure both the hirer and hiree....have their exit clause in the contracts signed...
so if he isn't pleased with the condition of the car...he can activate the clause....
On point
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
shollywendy1:

Thumb up. Gbera! Tesumole pope. Lol

Wetin I do u boss grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
You no dey remit money, you still park car for your house grin

The owner is even honest sef.

What if he told him to come and park it in his house, and then use it the next day? You go know? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
pope191:

Wetin I do u boss grin
We are on the same page jare

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by raslim20(m): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
Please is 2009 Kia picanto good for uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iitathom: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
raslim20:
Please is 2009 Kia picanto good for uber?
Yes, it is

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:
please I need a good advice,I just took my car on hp last week with 100k deposit, and I have remitted this week, 25k
I am on hp, but the way things r going, what can I do please, should I return the car to partner or I should propose reduction, if reduction, like how much can I agree to from the 25k, am going to his house this morning but I dont know what to say or do when I get there.
I think i understand why the owner want his/her car parked in his/her custody now.
Despite responded to this post earlier to return the car, you still kept the car in ur custody

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:
my hp partner call me now that he will be coming to my place tomoro to carry car that he wants to use it that I should come and take it back after the curfew.. what do u guys think.
NB:my total amount paid is 150k.. advice please

Guy I would advise you to gentlemanly reach an agreement. What does he need the car for,if it's just to park it no probs. You can agree to have it parked at ur place or his place with understanding the car cannot be driven.

Don't worry urself too much the car can't be taken from U if u are up to date with ur instalments. It's your right to ask for your money back if he refuses u the usage of the car or returned in a condition other than that u gave him the car after lockdown.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Guy I would advise you to gentlemanly reach an agreement. What does he need the car for,if it's just to park it no probs. You can agree to have it parked at ur place or his place with understanding the car cannot be driven.

Don't worry urself too much the car can't be taken from U if u are up to date with ur instalments. It's your right to ask for your money back if he refuses u the usage of the car or returned in a condition other than that u gave him the car after lockdown.

he doesnt want it parked. he said his friends wants to use it and they have work I.d , my fear is , what happens if anything goes wrong with the car during the time his friends r using it. if the lockdown exceed the normal 14 days n goes into a month or more. what will happen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

like I said, this is the second week of our agreement. I have not defaulted once. I still sent him 12,500 this week. my fear is the usage of the car that he wants to use it for
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

he wants to be driving it , from ikorodu to d island . he goes to the island everyday .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godstime234: 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
peeps4u:

God bless

I haven't missed any payment. this is my second week on d hp agreement sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

What if he told him to come and park it in his house, and then use it the next day? You go know? grin
What if he wrote down the mileage with out the owner knowing ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
Since he is going to be using the car, how do you calculate wear and tear?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

I tire oooh.

We advice this guy to return b4 but guy no hear, anyways u wont blame him shall, hard times r here so one or two trips a week can keep one going this period.
abi was is not the same guy that was begging owner to reduce weekly remittance to N15k?
So owner can see from his tracket car is working despite the lockdown and no remittance reason for him asking for the car.

Maybe owner needs car to go to market or hospital who knows.

Let hiree ask hirer where he would like to go let him drive h/h there.

Times like this friendly understanding and honesty is needed. No need to be too hard else both parties has a lot to loss especially the driver.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

he wants to be driving it , from ikorodu to d island . he goes to the island everyday .
This is simple matter na. Since he wants to use the car then let him rent it from you on a weekly basis as according to your terms and conditions. Or better still since he has the leverage to move around despite the lockdown then offer to drive him about while he pays you for your daily job. Simple.

Matter no dey this one abeg. Mind you no one will/car manage your property the way you would. Either him or the friend drives that car they wont return it the same way they picked it up from u.

So renegotiate with him on the first paragraph if he disagrees then ask for termination of contract with him refunding you your money with interest.

Too much sense no go kill me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

he doesnt want it parked. he said his friends wants to use it and they have work I.d , my fear is , what happens if anything goes wrong with the car during the time his friends r using it. if the lockdown exceed the normal 14 days n goes into a month or more. what will happen

His friends wants to be using it from Ikorodu to Island? Everyday you said??

The owner is not recognizing the terms of agreement that is if you even have one. If you do, go back and read and understand at what condition the car can be collected from you. l also suggest, NO FEAR AM WHEN UNA DEY TALK, tell am as e be.

1. You park it in his place and hold on to key and battery and plates.

2. He pick the car, you collect wages per day.

3. His friends use the car and continue paying the rental and sign agreement to full responsibility of hazards and repairs.

4. Ready to collect your 100k. Once he sees any of the above.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dokiOloye(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dokiOloye(m): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

Tell him you can park d car for him at his house but he or his friend can't use it.You can park and go with the keys.
A car depreciates with use and you're already paying for the car with the intention of full ownership when you finish payment.If he insists he wants to use it,then he should refund what you've paid.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
tojahh:

His friends wants to be using it from Ikorodu to Island? Everyday you said??

The owner is not recognizing the terms of agreement that is if you even have one. If you do, go back and read and understand at what condition the car can be collected from you. l also suggest, NO FEAR AM WHEN UNA DEY TALK, tell am as e be.

1. You park it in his place and hold on to key and battery and plates.

2. He pick the car, you collect wages per day.

3. His friends use the car and continue paying the rental and sign agreement to full responsibility of hazards and repairs.

4. Ready to collect your 100k. Once he sees any of the above.

Boss I'm ohk wit d plate number, but how about if he have extra key? How about if sometin happened to the car? Won't that implicate the person holding the key? The truth about this, its difficult pleasing a soul who doesn't want to b pleased, they both have to come back and deliberate with good intentions. If he pushes the owner beyond his calmness and he feels disrespected, he may back out from collecting the car and patiently wait for fault to get the car back, he will b so brutal towards getting weekly earning and may end up putting undue pressure on driver.

I feel the best thing is for both of them to reason on the agreement they have and logically see things from each other angle @The Driver just make sure u r not at d receiving at when its all said nd done.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2020
Godstime234:

see bro...the only logical thing is to ask for a mutual termination...that way you get your 100k back....
The only right you have to the car is your weekly payments....so unless you plan to keep paying him while the car is parked in your house...
You cant tell him not to use his property and you cant seize his key either....but You can ask him for termination since he wants to use the car....or you tell him to deduct your weekly pay for the periods he has the car for....which wont happen...
So if you are not paying for obvious reasons...return his car....and ask for your 100k.....
After the lock down....you can sit down with him and renegotiate....You can even beat the price down by claiming the car is not Tokunbo...since it has been used....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
confusedworld17:

What if he wrote down the mileage with out the owner knowing ?

Lol. And then? grin

Like I said, the owner is even honest. He can discuss with him, stating why he should use the car and increase the wear and tear

He can decide to let him use it. If I was on HP with my last partner, I'll let him use it, because he was a nice man

He can decide to charge him. The point is he needs to bring in the power of negotiation

But advising him to withhold the key is absolutely funny. He's not the owner of the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

see bro...the only logical thing is to ask for a mutual termination...that way you get your 100k back....
The only right you have to the car is your weekly payments....so unless you plan to keep paying him while the car is parked in your house...
You cant tell him not to use his property and you cant seize his key either....but You can ask him for termination since he wants to use the car....or you tell him to deduct your weekly pay for the periods he has the car for....which wont happen...
So if you are not paying for obvious reasons...return his car....and ask for your 100k.....
After the lock down....you can sit down with him and renegotiate....You can even beat the price down by claiming the car is not Tokunbo...since it has been used....

Over and Out.

Just collect your 100,000. You can't stop the owner from using the car unless he no see your money give you

(1) (2) (3) ... (2564) (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) ... (5751) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Doncyn01, CAPITALBEE and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.