Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,397 members, 7,897,764 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4966244 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) ... (5743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterpeteru: 7:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
northbird:
@ JP world @ bigleaf.

The intent is not to knock down anybody's hustle.

Just a heads up for drivers who get request to that axis. Cos by default Google map will take them through the sango toll gate road n rite now. Both axis are terribly bad.

If you get a trip going to that side ( towards sango toll gate) , ensure you don't go beyond 'Clem road'

,( Clem road will lead you back to ijayie/ post office, from there you link up to terry grilllo street n you can find your way.

If you fail to use clem road, then ensure you turn into the 'Alakuko' road, I think it leads to ijayie, I'm not sure.

If you insist going to sango ota. Use the Ekoro/ command road, and link up with the AIT road, that will cut you off from the gullies on the sango-toll gate expressway.

Boss, kindly help with clearer directions of movement to and from Sango Ota. Truly, the main route is super terrible. I know some of those places you mentioned only by names.

I work here in Lagos and go through that road every week with a Corolla sport car. It hasn't been pleasant at all. My back bumper got pulled out on Monday at Kola/Moshalashi.

I don't know any other route and I can't take public bus because of their scarcity from my home, outrageous fares and the way people are packed like sardines.

Please help with alternative routes before the car breaks into two. One of my front wheels is already making one funny sound cheesy

Bikonu.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
pope191:

Do I sound to u like I have an ego problem? I won't stoop low to join issues with u, but I'll correct u when u r wrong. I have no case at the station, simply means I have no case, but we r who we r, every dog has its day, today happened to b mine and here I am unshaken. Most drivers do drive with expired tyre, road safety can choose to pin anyone with dat on d day such bell rings in their head. If u r still bitter abt the 10 years I told u and choose to see me as enemy, its simply because u get high on having ur account unblock and dragging matter with bolt staff I don't think u can identify in person is like fighting a ghost, it makes no sense to me... Every one from @Davit to NYC have tried to get their account unblock, but got d 10 years mail, so I only help u with the options u may likely meet, unless Uche is ur in-law, then u can go take his office key at home and go unblock yourself. Note: if you still find a way to unblock urself, b kind to humanity, as I can make use of dat too grin

Boss I honestly don't have issue wit u and I won't join one with u even if u use words on me.
Ive been observing silently

It beats me how some people get emotional over petty issues. The comment you made was even sarcastic. I didn’t see any bad blood in it

Anyways it is what it is. Emotions can never override reality. We only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Sorry about your ordeal earlier today

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
dansito:
Sori pls I dnt get u
oga ignore those plenty protocols. Do the ones you fit and go online

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Gbas gbos everywhere. Grabs popcorn.

Been driving one day on one day off.. even though this work is suitable on the island (vi,ikoyi,lekki,ajah) based on less troubles with council touts, FRSC, VIO etc. The raining season is upon us. Please avoid this roads on the island for now.

Emma abimbola cole street/Hakeem Dickson link road.
Avoid this areas totally whenever it rains.

Admiralty road. (Christ Avenue, Africa lane, etc)

Esther Adeleke street.
In fact the whole Lekki Phase1.

Osapa London, Agungi, Illasan new road, Chevywiew estate, etc.

Badore/Langbasa entirely. Abraham Adesanya/Sangotedo.

If you catch my drift, what I'm trying to say is when it rains it pours on the island! Just off the Apps and sleep jeje, or go back home...those (rain) trips are not worth it.

Now back to the gbas gbos, Pope and Felicity wetin dey sup?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
peterpeteru:

Boss, kindly help with clearer directions of movement to and from Sango Ota. Truly, the main route is super terrible. I know some of those places you mentioned only by names.

I work here in Lagos and go through that road every week with a Corolla sport car. It hasn't been pleasant at all. My back bumper got pulled out on Monday at Kola/Moshalashi.

I don't know any other route and I can't take public bus because of their scarcity from my home, outrageous fares and the way people are packed like sardines.

Please help with alternative routes before the car breaks into two. One of my front wheels is already making one funny sound cheesy

Bikonu.

Are you familiar with ikola road down to oju ore?

You pass through iyana ipaja down to ajasa command road then link ikola road, its a straight road down to oju ore then from there, its not far from sango otta...

The road is fully tarred and smooth.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
peterpeteru:

Bikonu.

It depends where you live. You can avoid the main route but through Abule egba.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
mrjaydee:

Been driving one day on one day off.. even though this work is suitable on the island (vi,ikoyi,lekki,ajah) based on less troubles with council touts, FRSC, VIO etc. The raining season is upon us. Please avoid this roads on the island for now.

Esther Adeleke street.

If you catch my drift, what I'm trying to say is when it rains it pours on the island! Just off the Apps and sleep jeje, or go back home...those (rain) trips are not worth it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by glambo(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

When I become governor of Lagos State grin

����
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
@ Peter peteru.

If you are going back to sango ota. Come from abule egba under bridge. N head towards the main route , keep to the left, you are doing a double back( you turn ) towards abule egba back.

You are linking through Ekoro road/ command road. You mite need google map here to guide.

Going down ekoro road, for some km, the next right will link you with AIt road, from there, dt shd lead you to sango ota.

If you are coming back from sango ota, follow the same pattern.

Dere is always traffic on ekoro road in the morning, so you mite need to set out early.

Going through the main Sango- toll gate route is suicide to the car, please avoid that route indefinitely.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterpeteru: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
Olayetan:

Are you familiar with ikola road down to oju ore?

You pass through iyana ipaja down to ajasa command road then link ikola road, its a straight road down to oju ore then from there, its not far from sango otta...

The road is fully tarred and smooth.

I know Oju Ore very well but I'm hearing Ikola for the first time.
Your description sounds succinct. Thanks a ton. I can complement it with Gmap and by asking people.
I'll appreciate more details though in case of necessity.

Again, many thanks boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterpeteru: 11:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
northbird:
@ Peter peteru.

If you are going back to sango ota. Come from abule egba under bridge. N head towards the main route , keep to the left, you are doing a double back( you turn ) towards abule egba back.

You are linking through Ekoro road/ command road. You mite need google map here to guide.

Going down ekoro road, for some km, the next right will link you with AIt road, from there, dt shd lead you to sango ota.

If you are coming back from sango ota, follow the same pattern.

Dere is always traffic on ekoro road in the morning, so you mite need to set out early.

Going through the main Sango- toll gate route is suicide to the car, please avoid that route indefinitely.

Waaooooh!
Another succinct alternative. Many thanks boss.

I have noted everything.

I knew there has to be somewhere other car drivers were passing through as I was literally the only car driver on that terrible road on Monday. Other vehicles were public buses and trucks.
It's been a miracle the car hasn't broken down driving through that road every week.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
peterpeteru:

I know Oju Ore very well but I'm hearing Ikola for the first time.
Your description sounds succinct. Thanks a ton. I can complement it with Gmap and by asking people.
I'll appreciate more details though in case of necessity.

Again, many thanks boss.

Where are you moving from to pen down the road network in detail.

But if you are familiar with Justrite at iyana ipaja, from that Justrite, take that straight road heading towards abesan,

the 1st round about after that Justrite is moshalashi bus, you will pass there and keep going straight,

the 2nd round about is in front of abesan estate, keep straight on your lane,

at the 3rd round about, there's a road to your right, that's command road, turn right and keep going straight, you will notice a downhill on that road and once you pass that downhill, there's a small bridge, immediately you descend from that bridge, there's a clean tarred road to your left, that's ikola road, the road is narrow and you have to be careful driving there cause road users abuse that road cause of the smoothness.

From that road, you can use Gmap to navigate to oju ore...

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:28am On Jun 24, 2020
northbird:
Guys, something happened this morning.

A shocking experience.

I got a trip from my end going to Itire surulere.

Using Google map, it told us to avoid Fagba traffic n follow old Abeokuta road.

Some few metres to the railway crossing at Odejobi.

A guy walked up to me , told showed me his police id card n told me to park.

At first, I thought maybe cos the rider didn't put on facemask,

I cleared off the road, the next thing go and open your boot.
I opened my boot, one of the policemen followed me n started checking the boot.

Then it dawned on me, dis was not facemask stuff, they were looking for drugs.

The policeman asked ." are you uber? I said yes.
By the time we got back to the front ,the other policeman was already in strong contention wt d lady rider. They found some SK or marijuana on her.

I was shocked myself, though she looked the part from her dressing wen i first picked her up. I just thought maybe its one of those girls coming back from last night hustle.. So no issues.

Long story short, we ended up at the police station. I just left now. She is still there...

Say a word of prayer before stepping out . N consider well before you do offline for total strangers.

Baba may God continue to guide us through oir daily paths

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 3:51am On Jun 24, 2020
mistadayo:
Bad locations. So I just tell them I'm not going..or some when they see that I'm far, they just cancel. You know how this request come in sometimes.
Some riders pick wrong PU.

I have come to understand that no location is totally bad, especially these times when the competition between drivers to get rides Is very intense
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterpeteru: 4:55am On Jun 24, 2020
Olayetan:

Where are you moving from to pen down the road network in detail.

But if you are familiar with Justrite at iyana ipaja, from that Justrite, take that straight road heading towards abesan,

the 1st round about after that Justrite is moshalashi bus, you will pass there and keep going straight,

the 2nd round about is in front of abesan estate, keep straight on your lane,

at the 3rd round about, there's a road to your right, that's command road, turn right and keep going straight, you will notice a downhill on that road and once you pass that downhill, there's a small bridge, immediately you descend from that bridge, there's a clean tarred road to your left, that's ikola road, the road is narrow and you have to be careful driving there cause road users abuse that road cause of the smoothness.

From that road, you can use Gmap to navigate to oju ore...

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Good day, hope you all had a wonderful night?

I will be talking about 'parasitic draw'. This is the situation where you park your car overnight and the next day your battery is down.

The process of starting a car takes a lot of battery power which will be restored by the alternator while driving.

But in the situation of having constant dead battery there are few things that might cause that

1. Your battery connections are loose or corroded

2. Parasitic draw/drain - This is when the light in these compartments are lite, like glove box compartment, trunk, doors, walk home light, interior and many more are malfunctioning. In fact your smoke port do cause the harm too.

3. The battery isn't charging while driving. This can be dicey cause your alternator maybe failing without you knowing.

4. Your battery is low or faulty or getting old. Mostly replace and you are good to go.

From this you have to let an electrical Technician run a diagnosis to determine the cause before you engaged Kazeem and start changing unnecessary parts.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2020
How am I doing?

At what point would they block someone?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2020
toomush:
How am I doing?

At what point would they block someone?

YOU DID NOT ACCEPT, 42%? Why?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timibare(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2020
Good morning guys....I need a box delivered from igando to surulere....how much? Friendly price pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2020
InfinityEstates:

YOU DID NOT ACCEPT, 42%? Why?

I'm very picky with locations I go to, someplaces are big NO - NO for me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:11am On Jun 24, 2020
Hello guys I need an urgent help
Thet bro with the lastma wife connect
Lastma don hold me for pencenima for one way
I don beg d oga tire e no gree.
E say nah mobile court he go refer me to
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:13am On Jun 24, 2020
He no gree take anything have been begging him for more than 1hr
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2020
Mjosh1000:
Hello guys I need an urgent help
Thet bro with the lastma wife connect
Lastma don hold me for pencenima for one way
I don beg d oga tire e no gree.
E say nah mobile court he go refer me to

Bros upgrade to 5/10k or b certain u have someone coming for u, once u get to that court... Today is gone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2020
pope191:

Bros upgrade to 5/10k or b certain u have someone coming for u, once u get to that court... Today is gone

Their boss don't want to even listern
Its 10k I want to give him
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Amiable pilots
Pls I'm so in need of a car to drive, any link would be very much appreciated...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Their boss don't want to even listern
Its 10k I want to give him

Boss u have to keep begging him please, I don't want to b agent of doom, but try as much as u can not to let d matter get to mobile court
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:36am On Jun 24, 2020
NYCnextStop:
Ive been observing silently

It beats me how some people get emotional over petty issues. The comment you made was even sarcastic. I didn’t see any bad blood in it

Anyways it is what it is. Emotions can never override reality. We only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Sorry about your ordeal earlier today

Lol grin one of those things... But all in all, we all need each other to make a complete circle. How far boss, any hope?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2020
mrjaydee:

Esther Adeleke street.

I'm confused as well...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:03am On Jun 24, 2020
toomush:

I'm very picky with locations I go to, someplaces are big NO - NO for me.

Trust me, I have "NO NO" places more than you. But rule of the thumb is, always accept ALL trips whether you intend on going on the trip or not. Then call Rider to confirm the destination.

If you can go, proceed to pickup. If you can't, politely tell the rider to cancel and request another ride. My personal line is: "I'm sorry I'm not going towards that direction. Kindly cancel and request another ride." It works most times.

Some would be wise enough to cancel. Wait for some seconds to see if they would. If they don't, slide on "Arriving Now" no matter how far you are. After the waiting period, you can cancel with rider didn't show or phone number not available.

Remember, always ACCEPT all trips.

But then again, what do I know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2020
Pope sorry for your ordeal yesterday. The rider really put you in a dicey situation and you couldn’t ‘para’ at him because you guys have history. Anyways, I’m sure he had good intentions. We go all dey alright las las.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2020
pope191:

Lol grin one of those things... But all in all, we all need each other to make a complete circle. How far boss, any hope?
i dey baba. Nothing yet boss.. waiting for them to open up

(1) (2) (3) ... (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) ... (5743) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Fatbam005, Sitmr and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.