Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,590 members, 7,892,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4947386 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3906) (3907) (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) ... (5738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2021
Blackbishop:

Bros you no go leave this clown alone. Or Bazoo don drive for you before wey you wan open him mata here now. Bazoo abeg continue with the cruise we Dey gbadun you wella for dis lougu. Shake table make we flex

Possible he has grin because when I try to dig through his past . he has erased any evidence of himself.. He completely erase anything that even identify him as my former driver grin

I notice that especially when he deleted the post that he was asking for visa appointments online grin ...that post is no longer there...

There is nothing new under sun and nothing hidden that will not be expose..... I will soon expose him soon .. Am working on it..........

I will soon sprinkle a little bit of my mama's cooking soon on him .. Don't worry mama's cooking will reveal him soon ......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2021
davit:
Guys let's endeavour to do good out there no matter the temptation. After ending a woman's trip today, she did transfer of 4k but showed error. She had to to do another one that was successful. Shortly after I left she called that she had been debited twice. I asked for her account details and transferred the extra 4k to her after confirming it from my end. She was so mad for joy. She said she feared I might not return it. I have given her another reason to believe that honest people still exist among drivers.

Integrity is the key guys. Let's try to maintain it. Peace.

Nice one bruv, Conscience no fit make me think twice sef cos i won’t even sleep. I had a 6k experience from a lady and she didn’t even figure she had been debited twice i had to call her for refund.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2021
InfinityEstates:
Some days we meet devils in the form of riders, other days we meet some who remind us that there's still hope left for humanity.

So yesterday I got a request. I called to confirm the PU location and the voice of the lady sounded so weak and frail. I felt perhaps it was one of those ladies with tiny voices. Got to PU and she got into my car. Greeted her but she didn't respond. It raised a flag in my head. I told her I was starting the trip and she just muttered Ok.

As I started the trip, Gmap told me the trip would last for 65mins. On our way, the lady was breathing heavily, visibly uncomfortable. She tried laying on the chair in different positions as I watched from the rear view mirror. I asked her if she was ok and she said she was feeling unwell.

All that was going through my head was, 'make person no come die for my motor o'. I was just running different scenarios in my head and praying. Whenever I notice she's 'asleep', I make a maneuver or brake sharply and that would make her open her eyes, and I breathe a slight sigh of relief and my prayers continued.

Ten minutes towards the end of the trip, she was fully awake but still visibly weak and she started giving me directions to her house as she lived in the interiors.

I finally ended the trip and the amount was N2,900. She ruffled through her bag and gave me N2,500. She told me that was all she had in her bag but she'll go in and tell someone to bring the balance of N400 for me. I said, 'no problem'. In my head, 'thank God say this trip don finish'.

I would have left the N400, but she said she was sending someone to bring it so I waited. I waited for close to 5mins and when I noticed no one was coming from the compound, I drove off.

This morning, I got a call. She was like, 'please sir are you the one that dropped me off yesterday with the navy blue Camry?' I told her I dropped her off yesterday but I drive a black Corolla. I told her she was obviously very ill that's why she didn't notice. She said that was true and asked if anyone brought money for me because she asked them this morning and no one seemed to have claimed to give me the money that was why she called. I told her I didn't see anyone and asked her how she was faring. She said she was better and apologized profusely for them not bring the money to me and told me to send my account details.

In my head, 'for just N400' Hmmm, that's interesting... I sha sent it, and she sent 1K.

Bottom line is, not all riders have bad minds. Always look for the good in people until they prove otherwise.

There is still humanuty out there. Last paragraph has been my mantra.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
AgentXxx:

Had a similar scenario with a rider even though she made transfer of the full money.. Tool her from freedom way to Ago road... He wasn't breathing well and culled up at the back seat... I was uncomfortable throughout the trip that lasted over 2hours... My fear was just that if anything happen.. I even had to suggest we branch at an hospital twice but she insisted on going home...

Now the question " in case of a rider losing consciousness in ones car, what should be best line of action?... And if it leads to death nko?.... May God save us from such situation though

Nice and tangible discussion we should be having here.

For me quickly take the rider to a nearby hospital then report the issue to bolt or Uber asap using the emergency button on the app. They know what’s the best action to take from there

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
Duke111:

Nice and tangible discussion we should be having here.

For me quickly take the rider to a nearby hospital then report the issue to bolt or Uber asap using the emergency button on the app. They know what’s the best action to take from there

A large number of hospitals in Lagos would reject the patient.

The moment you say you are not related to the patient, they would ask for a police report. Unless God touches them.

I've been there before sir

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
izzou:

A large number of hospitals in Lagos would reject the patient.

The moment you say you are not related to the patient, they would ask for a police report. Unless God touches them.

I've been there before sir
Can u pls share ur experience...we are all learning here

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
dru23:

Possible he has grin because when I try to dig through his past . he has erased any evidence of himself.. He completely erase anything that even identify him as my former driver grin

I notice that especially when he deleted the post that he was asking for visa appointments online grin ...that post is no longer there...

There is nothing new under sun and nothing hidden that will not be expose..... I will soon expose him soon .. Am working on it..........

I will soon sprinkle a little bit of my mama's cooking soon on him .. Don't worry mama's cooking will reveal him soon ......

Bros na wa for you oooh
Every real nigga out there has completely emptied their inbox/sent items, whatsapp msg. All messages from side chicks, real chicks , ex babe, bad friends, wayward cousins , lazy drivers with travelers cheques, former civic partners, incident with one way Lastma... all deleted.
You never can tell the next huspupi in fbi net and kyari d tailor police.

Shuuuuooo Na only pastors messages and daily devotionals dey inbox right now.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Bammzzie:

Can u pls share ur experience...we are all learning here

Most hospitals, especially private would need some documentation before they admit a patient.

Imagine bringing a rider who has no means of identification, and even you the driver don't know him/her. The hospital would think that you would abscond if there are bills to pay. Peradventure the patient dies, or needs to undergo a surgery, they would need the consent of a relative, which you aren't too.

Bros, let's just pray for God's protection. Mine was a man we saw in the gutter. He was mentally unstable. Hospitals rejected him. Even Police Station rejected him, and when we insisted that they ought to do something, they detained us grin

Let everyone just pray to avoid wahala

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
Felicity0001:

How sure are you guys about this information... 5-10k to travel that distance? Do you know what it means to carry 18 passengers from Lag- Abj, Lag- Ph, Lag- Warri/Asaba/Onisha/Calabar/Uyo... Mostnof these trips the minimum time you spend onnthe road is 4/5hrs and that is Lag-Benin.
Lag-Ph is 8-9hrs
Lag-Abj is 7/8-9hrs
Lag-Uyo/Calabar is 8-10hrs...
All of these does not include traffic along the Benin-Ore road or Auchi/Okene Rd or Onisha/Opeweka Akwa road. And you say the driver earns 5-10k per trip? Guy abeg no make me vex oooh... Those drivers are on monthly salaries so that 5-10k per trip is just commission for good driving and performance. The parcel people send is not for drivers ooh... Unless those that those loaders stop atbthe entrance when they see you're trying to send something then the money is shared btw tue driver and the loader.

Talking of the luggage, how much do you think they get from it... Most times passengers in a bus won't even have much luggage especially when men and students are majority and returning from school they don't have much luggage. Highest they get from excess luggage is 3-5k highest... And its shared among the loader and the driver with the loader having the Lion share and most times it's shared 50/50 btw the two of them.

Let's try to confirm things b4 coming out to spread information so that intending investors will not be mislead abeg. Na so una take start weekly remittance own ooh now most partners have their cars destroyed just after 2weeks of 40k rental fee all because driver is trying to make money for his rent and himself.

Your sef no sure of wetin u they post.
Few companies pay salary.
Most of them pay 5-10k per trip, so na if u strong to be doing back to back u make money. Which kain performance bonus
Even drivers that own their Buses or sienna and go to different parks to load get only get a percentage of total capacity. Out of there they will buy fuel, repair car, what do u think is left? Maybe 10or15k
Lag to Abj, PH, Cal or East drivers can make upto 20k on deliveries per trip.
Go to Yaba or Ojuelegba and ask

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
izzou:

Most hospitals, especially private would need some documentation before they admit a patient.

Imagine bringing a rider who has no means of identification, and even you the driver don't know him/her. The hospital would think that you would abscond if there are bills to pay. Peradventure the patient dies, or needs to undergo a surgery, they would need the consent of a relative, which you aren't too.

Bros, let's just pray for God's protection. Mine was a man we saw in the gutter. He was mentally unstable. Hospitals rejected him. Even Police Station rejected him, and when we insisted that they ought to do something, they detained us grin

Hmm... Thanks for the insight bro but Nigeria police can be annoying sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Yesterday I carried two young guys, Ogba to Guinness trip ended. 1k
Rider asked for account number
He didn't even confirm name, he said sent and wanted to leave.
I said have u been debited? He said yes
Can I see it?
Baba say his phone is having issues, that the sms entered but has disappeared.
I say okay u will have to wait for me to get mine.
I off AC, off engine, na me and una today...After like 5mins. I check my App, no money. The guy see say I serious.
He now said his bank has started this nonsense again, pls let me have the account number again. He sent it and showed me debit...this time his alert did not disappear grin
I told him if I get it twice I will refund him. He now said I shouldn't worry I should use it to buy anything I like. For my mind, I Sabi una type till now am still waiting for the second one. grin

Make sure your money has been sent before u let rider go. Seeing the money may take a while in some cases, but make sure the money has been sent sha.

28 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
For newbies.

Don't drop anyhow along Uba marina. Traffic has been diverted from Takwa Bay axis, so more prey for the lastma guys.

Today I witnessed nabbing of 3 cars within 15mins ( 2 corollas and 1 civic).

Safe points to drop.
a. Oando filling Station
b. Car park ( rider pays ₦500 or worst-case you split payment ₦250 a piece)

Don't even allow them to drop on the road. The things an average yellow danfo or white Cms korope will get away with, if you do it, na Sura straight.

Reminds me of the riders that don't want to pay ₦100 gate fee to enter Wuse market.

This racket is not for dumbos. Think like a manager, will you take a trip of 1,500- 3000 to pay 15- 25k to Cbd and lastma.

A single ₦500 note car park will save you from unnecessary trouble.

And if you are like me, I don't like complicated. Avoid Marina, simple. There will be other trips.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
northbird:
For newbies.

Don't drop anyhow along Uba marina. Traffic has been diverted from Takwa Bay axis, so more prey for the lastma guys.

Safe points to drop.
a. Oando filling Station
b. Car park ( you pay ₦500 or you split payment ₦250 a piece)

Don't even allow them to drop on the road. The things an average yellow danfo or white Cms korope will get away with, if you do it, na Sura straight.

Reminds me of the riders that don't want to pay ₦100 gate fee to enter Wuse market.

This racket is not for dumbos. Think like a manager, will you take a trip of 1,500- 3000 to pay 15- 25k to Cbd and lastma.

And if you are like me, I don't like complicated. Avoid Marina, simple. There will be other trips.

Just today today police and Lastma arrested 1 Corolla and 1 civic in my front I was the next person but thank God I was still within limit though I passed the light too.
Yellow busses and korope beat the traffic light in mushin and we too followed not knowing they were hiding. Na God save me say light green and I zoomed off.
We were all not following the light cos it was around 7:15am so the whole place was locked up not knowing this bastards will let yellow buses go but arrest cars

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
izzou:

Haha... That line, they detailed you made me laughed...lol... What do you expect of the NPF and our Almighty Nigerian medical practitioners... Two sects of inconsiderate institutions that have no value for human life
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
This new app...which figure the real amount owed...cos the thing just dey confuse me....

Negative balance Or the you owe bolt 58naira

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Your sef no sure of wetin u they post.
Few companies pay salary.
Most of them pay 5-10k per trip, so na if u strong to be doing back to back u make money. Which kain performance bonus
Even drivers that own their Buses or sienna and go to different parks to load get only get a percentage of total capacity. Out of there they will buy fuel, repair car, what do u think is left? Maybe 10or15k
Lag to Abj, PH, Cal or East drivers can make upto 20k on deliveries per trip.
Go to Yaba or Ojuelegba and ask

Hmm... Well I don't have first hand information on this subject so let me rest my case but what I already posted up there are some facts open to verification. So going forward I say in mama rad's voice "what ever you say you're right".

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pearl1910:
Yesterday I carried two young guys, Ogba to Guinness trip ended. 1k
Can I see it?
I off AC, off engine, na me and una today...After like 5mins. I check my App, no money. The guy see say I serious.
He now said his bank has started this nonsense again, pls let me have the account number again. He sent it and showed me debit...this time his alert did not disappear grin
I told him if I get it twice I will refund him. He now said I shouldn't worry I should use it to buy anything I like. For my mind, I Sabi una type till now am still waiting for the second one. grin

Make sure your money has been sent before u let rider go. Seeing the money may take a while in some cases, but make sure the money has been sent sha.

Can you imagine! I just feel like punching that guy right now... What confidence and impetus! With the attempt to steal even when he has the money to pay!!! That's to say it's not the the first time he's done or tried it with naive drivers... Oooh... Why I no dey meet these kind riders again self...rubbish!

Who was the guy that shared an experience with a guy who tried to paddled drugs through him again... If I where the one after I'd scolded him I'll tell "okay no worry I go deliver am for you but next time no try am again o" add something to the fare. Start trip either call my commission contact or police friend or better still dump the drugs into a waste bin on my way out". End trip when I'm.far gone report him with pictorial evidence to bolt/uber with his house and apartment No.

We need to also assist the police to erase these stupid people out of our society.

But a second thought again, while trying to do all of these one can get into serious trouble so one is left with no choice but to just play along or play smart.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
BAZ001:

Just today today police and Lastma arrested 1 Corolla and 1 civic in my front I was the next person but thank God I was still within limit though I passed the light too.
Yellow busses and korope beat the traffic light in mushin and we too followed not knowing they were hiding. Na God save me say light green and I zoomed off.
We were all not following the light cos it was around 7:15am so the whole place was locked up not knowing this bastards will let yellow buses go but arrest cars

No do follow follow for Lagos, if not you will regret it.
I fit be soldier, staff or make I get person like Blackbishop wey I fit call if kasala burst. But if u no get any level, obey the laws don't do falafolo on the road grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
izzou:

Nigeria can be very stupid sometimes

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ashiru97(m): 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
X

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
radautoworks:
Nigeria can be very stupid sometimes

Mamaaah we are here o

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oga this is not affiliate marketing group.
You can see what we discuss here
Abeg go front
Ashiru97:
Do you want to know how to be earning six figures weekly or monthly through affiliate marketing.

Affiliate marketing is one of the highest paying digital skills in the world currently .

Want to know how

Message this no 07080977456 on WhatsApp

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
pope191:

Mamaaah we are here o
tongue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ashiru97:
Do you want to know how to be earning six figures weekly or monthly through affiliate marketing.

Affiliate marketing is one of the highest paying digital skills in the world currently .

Want to know how

Message this no 07080977456 on WhatsApp

We are making more than that here already. Next...

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
northbird:
For newbies.

Safe points to drop.
a. Oando filling Station
b. Car park ( rider pays ₦500 or worst-case you split payment ₦250 a piece)

Sir...im a newbie I have a 2007 Toyota camry. I'm thinking of selling it to do business or moving to Lagos to start uber/bolt? Pls I need advice if uber/bolt is still paying
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
confusedworld17:

We are making more than that here already. Next...

Lol... Him think say na poor people dey here grin

Even drivers on rental are millionaires gringrin yes! You had me right!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:47am On Aug 08, 2021
Yeah. But see me see wahala the following day. I lost my wallet with all the money made, including my debit cards. Na when I wan buy fuel around 11pm I noticed my wallet was missing.

I'm really bittered now sad
Duke111:

Nice one bruv, Conscience no fit make me think twice sef cos i won’t even sleep. I had a 6k experience from a lady and she didn’t even figure she had been debited twice i had to call her for refund.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by happiness4ever(m): 6:12am On Aug 08, 2021
Thanks for the update
BAZ001:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:56am On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
Sir...im a newbie I have a 2007 Toyota camry. I'm thinking of selling it to do business or moving to Lagos to start uber/bolt? Pls I need advice if uber/bolt is still paying

Depends my brother, no matter what, the decision is still yours..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2021
northbird:

Depends my brother, no matter what, the decision is still yours..
okay thanks...just wanted to know if uber/bolt still pays to know the decision I will take. Waiting earnestly for a reply. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolutic(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2021
I have experience of transfer the trip is 1.8 surge 10 min to 12am I pick the rider from bariga to surulere on how way she call is guy that is coming home we are already at Ikorodu road and the trip is cash payment is this lady going to pay or his boyfriend so i prepare that if is transfer i will confirm my 3k before
i move on get there she ask for my account no she transfer 3.5k for me she said i will confirm it before she leave i said yes got alert but i still check through my bank app to confirm to see my money this work no easy ooo quote author=Pearl1910 post=104527545]Yesterday I carried two young guys, Ogba to Guinness trip ended. 1k
Can I see it?

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 9:30am On Aug 08, 2021
bolutic:
I have experience of transfer the trip is 1.8 surge 10 min to 12am I pick the rider from bariga to surulere on how way she call is guy that is coming home we are already at Ikorodu road and the trip is cash payment is this lady going to pay or his boyfriend so i prepare that if is transfer i will confirm my 3k before
i move on get there she ask for my account no she transfer 3.5k for me she said i will confirm it before she leave i said yes got alert but i still check through my bank app to confirm to see my money this work no easy ooo quote author=Pearl1910 post=104527545]Yesterday I carried two young guys, Ogba to Guinness trip ended. 1k
Can I see it?

most times I transfer to bolt drivers and I just showed them the successful app and almost all of them will let me go without waiting maybe it's profiling sha...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3906) (3907) (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) ... (5738) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.