Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,584 members, 7,892,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4947348 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3907) (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) ... (5738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2021
obinoral1179:
most times I transfer to bolt drivers and I just showed them the successful app and almost all of them will let me go without waiting maybe it's profiling sha...

Almost all the time I use bolt na transfer I Dey do. And no driver has ever asked me make I wait to confirm even when I tell dem I go wait make dem see alert dem go just laugh say bro no worry I trust you.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josephase: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Them never show you screenshot of successful before
obinoral1179:
most times I transfer to bolt drivers and I just showed them the successful app and almost all of them will let me go without waiting maybe it's profiling sha...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Josephase:
Them never show you screenshot of successful before
that is why I said it's profiling....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Blackbishop:

Almost all the time I use bolt na transfer I Dey do. And no driver has ever asked me make I wait to confirm even when I tell dem I go wait make dem see alert dem go just laugh say bro no worry I trust you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolutic(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Pls sir can someone register on bolt without car inspection just ask pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
Sir...im a newbie I have a 2007 Toyota camry. I'm thinking of selling it to do business or moving to Lagos to start uber/bolt? Pls I need advice if uber/bolt is still paying

I'll advise you do a feasibility study on both the business you intend selling your car for and the uber business... You'll get your answer after carrying out this assignment

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
okay thanks...just wanted to know if uber/bolt still pays to know the decision I will take. Waiting earnestly for a reply. Thanks

The reason people are not eager to answer you is because we have two categories of drivers here the lady drivers and Ants machine drivers
Lazy drivers will most likely tell you to go look for another business than driving for 12hrs every day.
While Ants will tell you to quickly quickly register your car and start making 400k every month.

You will have to read 20pages back to get full gist. The way you sound, I perceive you will be a lazy driver. if you find it hard to read the thread but want quick answer to enable you make critical decisions. Hmmmm

29 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Felicity0001:

I'll advise you do a feasibility study on both the business you intend selling your car for and the uber business... You'll get your answer after carrying out this assignment
studies show that I can make 200k plus in a month if I sell the car but not certain for Uber/Bolt reason am trying to know if there's still profit in the ehailing business esp in lagos
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

The reason people are not eager to answer you is because we have two categories of drivers here the lady drivers and Ants machine drivers
Lazy drivers will most likely tell you to go look for another business than driving for 12hrs every day.
While Ants will tell you to quickly quickly register your car and start making 400k every month.

You will have to read 20pages back to get full gist. The way you sound, I perceive you will be a lazy driver. if you find it hard to read the thread but want quick answer to enable you make critical decisions. Hmmmm
thanks for ur honest opinion...I've read the thread and see gains and complaints as well. But haven't been convinced beyond reasonable doubt if my assertions were to be for lazy drivers or ant machine drivers. Am good at hustling but the decision to delve into the business involves me relocating and secondly won't have to sell my car anymore.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
studies show that I can make 200k plus in a month if I sell the car but not certain for Uber/Bolt reason am trying to know if there's still profit in the ehailing business esp in lagos

And there are higher chances of making more than 200k per month as time goes in the business?

If yes, then start and grow your business bro.

You can save more than that a month driving on Uber with a sound car. But you will later start making less as time goes by; due to increase in down time and repairs.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
obinoral1179:

Blackbishop:

All the time I use my instinct and it as always help... I don't think I've had much issue with riders on trx.

But one occasion I told the guy that your transfer will be reverted even b4 he did he was so confident it won't... Maybe he didn't do it I don't know... I left to PU the next rider... 5mins after he called, guy u b wizard? I just received reversal alert of 4500 transferred to u...
Me: I told u! Sent my account number to him after COB and got my alert instantly.

Another was last week Tuesday or thereabout, dropped off a guy who went to deliver sth to his oga, that's according to him.

Oga did transfer of 1900 and called he has sent it... I wasn't evan having any intention of asking the boy the wait till I c alert, so I asked him to go... I decided to park inside the company for a nap... After a little while the boy woke me up to ask if I'd seen it... I checked my phone I didn't c anything so he called the oga to complain and the oga called me to assure me he has sent it... I asked boy to leave. 3, 4hrs after I remembered I was expecting an alert, checked yet nothing. Called Oga... He said same thing he has not been debited yet.

Oga that means that trnxs didn't go through pls try it again I don't like call for things like this its embarrassing to me... Oga said, don't worry you won't have to call again I'll send it by 7pm. In my mind...a trip of since 8am? Okay oooh...

8pm I still didn't get any thing... I then sent him a cooperate text... In less than 2mins I got my alert.

I was then wondering what was this man trying to do b4?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
Sir...im a newbie I have a 2007 Toyota camry. I'm thinking of selling it to do business or moving to Lagos to start uber/bolt? Pls I need advice if uber/bolt is still paying
Bolt is paying, but I don't know about uber and I don't care. Don't delve into uber as a newbie to ehailing and a newbie to Lagos, else you chop konkiri. Since you've made up your mind to sell your car and start the business you're well aware will net you sure 200k monthly, go ahead and sell it. Then save up from that business and buy a small Kia Rio or Honda city as time goes on. Both are less than 900k. You'll realize you have 2 businesses running and have an alternative to fall back on if need be. Ehailing is not running.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigsunny01(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:

200k+? For a new business? Are you sure about this?
With how much capital?
How much do you think you can sell off your car?
How long will it take you to breakeven on this business?
And which location was this study carried out?
How many locations did you considered for the business in your study?
Did you considered Lagos as a location in yiur studies? What was the outcome compared to other states you studied?

If coming out with 200k+ after a good study and you're very sure the study is good then let me help you with a little data from my own experience for the uber business in Lagos.

Since you've your own car...
You'll have to fix it up to suit uber standard... Budget N100-150k plus minor painting.

Value the car at your intended sales price+amount spent to bring it up to uber standard.

Financial forecast for a month for newbie like you is as follows...

First 1-3months
expect 150-200k in the first month
300k in the 2nd month
then exponential increase as your experience increases

NB: this maybe far less if you didn't grow up or ever lived in lagos b4 now. So expect mayne half the price because change of environment and settlement will be your major setback in the 1st 6months.

After the first 6months you should be able to net 300-400k monthly provided all conditions remains constant as with a tok car.

Monthly routine maintenance should be as follows:
*Servicing after 2000miles... I'm sure you're already using palm oil for servicing all these while you've had the car so peg change of oil at every 2000miles. Topping of oil will depends on your car because there's a bad review about your car engine. So be ready for it now that it will be used for commercial purpose.
*routine repairs due to tear and wear, budget 30-50k in every 3months. And 50-70k in every 6months should there be a need for change of shocks absorbers.

Hazard expenses:
For other road uses accident related issues, LASMA, Police, anti-one-way police and others(marina and Lagos mainland trips), budget 50-100k in your 1st year.

What else I'm I missing... See how you can put this data together to make your study and decision.

Good luck!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
thanks for ur honest opinion...I've read the thread and see gains and complaints as well. But haven't been convinced beyond reasonable doubt if my assertions were to be for lazy drivers or ant machine drivers. Am good at hustling but the decision to delve into the business involves me relocating and secondly won't have to sell my car anymore.

I drive the same car it’s yours so it’s okay.
I won’t advise you to sell your car, you can use your car to hustle and fund the other business.
My concern is the relocation?
Which part of Lagos will you stay, is it free accommodation or rent?
Are you familiar with Lagos ? People on this side of the country are not that okay.

For example I drove for 15hrs yesterday cos of 5%, I made mad money but one side of my head has been banging since. I’ve been sleeping and waking still banging. Tot I was conveniently in the ants league, but by myself I’m going back to lazy driver league.

Modified
I no know say d oga’s don reply you, I for keep quiet.
See those two people up there hmmm.
Two extreme,
white & black,
north & south
After them na them.
You don’t need an other explanation.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Felicity0001:

With how much capital?
Did you considered Lagos as a location in yiur studies? What was the outcome compared to other states you studied?

If coming out with 200k+ after a good study and you're very sure the study is good then let me help you with a little data from my own experience for the uber business in Lagos.

You'll have to fix it up to suit uber standard... Budget N100-150k plus minor painting.

Value the car at your intended sales price+amount spent to bring it up to uber standard.

First 1-3months
300k in the 2nd month

NB: this maybe far less if you didn't grow up or ever lived in lagos b4 now. So expect mayne half the price because change of environment and settlement will be your major setback in the 1st 6months.

After the first 6months you should be able to net 300-400k monthly provided all conditions remains constant as with a tok car.

*Servicing after 2000miles... I'm sure you're already using palm oil for servicing all these while you've had the car so peg change of oil at every 2000miles. Topping of oil will depends on your car because there's a bad review about your car engine. So be ready for it now that it will be used for commercial purpose.
*routine repairs due to tear and wear, budget 30-50k in every 3months. And 50-70k in every 6months should there be a need for change of shocks absorbers.

Hazard expenses:
For other road uses accident related issues, LASMA, Police, anti-one-way police and others(marina and Lagos mainland trips), budget 50-100k in your 1st year.

What else I'm I missing... See how you can put this data together to make your study and decision.

Good luck!!

My understanding is this, if a new business that has the potential to net 200k monthly on study will definately net at least 50- 100k monthly in the first 1yr calender in real event...with experiemce, reinvestment of profit and dedication such a business will have the capacity to employ over 10 staffs after 5yrs... This will open you to a lot of other opportunities and expansion...

On the other hand... No matter how big you grow driving with uber for 5yrs you will never have More than 5cars even if you do you can't be bigger than moove who is still a partner to uber.

In a nutshell, build your own business. Uber/bolt is already an establish company you can never be bigger than them under partnership but your business can be bigger than them in the next 10yrs if well planned and structured.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

I drive the same car it’s yours so it’s okay.
I won’t advise you to sell your car, you can use your car to hustle and fund the other business.
My concern is the relocation?
Which part of Lagos will you stay, is it free accommodation or rent?
Are you familiar with Lagos ? People on this side of the country are not that okay.

For example I drove for 15hrs yesterday cos of 5%, I made mad money but one side of my head has been banging since. I’ve been sleeping and waking still banging. Tot I was conveniently in the ants league, but by myself I’m going back to lazy driver league.

Modified
I no know say d oga’s don reply you, I for keep quiet.
See those two people up there hmmm.
Two extreme,
white & black,
north & south
After them na them.
You don’t need an other explanation.
Thanks for responding...will stay at Ojo area...planned on staying with a friend on rent 10k per month. Am not too familiar I can still be a bit confused even though I've been to several places in Lagos eg Satellite Festac Oshodi Gbagada Surulere Yaba Ikeja Iyana Ipaja Lekki Kirikiri and Apapa. In selling my car I feel the car is caused to be honest tired of constant repairs and feel I should sell or manage it and delve into uber/bolt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Felicity0001:

With how much capital?

First 1-3months
300k in the 2nd month

Hazard expenses:

Good luck!!
wow...grateful for the response. The business pays very well though with 5m I can make 800k - 1m in a month but its shaky. I've been on d biz for like 3 months now but 500k gives me 80k per month. Mehn they pricing my camry 1.2m. I can break even in 6 months by compound interest to a million profit per month. Okay my engine is very good but don't trust my gear and the wedge inside the bottom plate has been changed. Car is demonic and eats up my finance with minor repairs often and on. Its been difficult to decide selling d car cos of the pricing is insulting. My AC is bad catalyst stolen etc. So I may need up to 300-400k to put it in shape. Very much grateful will ponder on the above and have a deep thought. Thanks and God bless
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
House.... please what car can I get for less than 1m that can do bolt. I know it'll be naija used.....also what toks can I get with less than 1.5 m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
Thanks for responding...will stay at Ojo area...planned on staying with a friend on rent 10k per month. Am not too familiar I can still be a bit confused even though I've been to several places in Lagos eg Satellite Festac Oshodi Gbagada Surulere Yaba Ikeja Iyana Ipaja Lekki Kirikiri and Apapa. In selling my car I feel the car is caused to be honest tired of constant repairs and feel I should sell or manage it and delve into uber/bolt.

Hey God oooooh
Lemon ? Pls don’t bring it to Lagos, sell and have peace of mind.

Foreign lemon limca keeps coming to mind.
God forgive donfortune48 and pope191 for doing this to my mind.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Bolt is paying, but I don't know about uber and I don't care. Don't delve into uber as a newbie to ehailing and a newbie to Lagos, else you chop konkiri. Since you've made up your mind to sell your car and start the business you're well aware will net you sure 200k monthly, go ahead and sell it. Then save up from that business and buy a small Kia Rio or Honda city as time goes on. Both are less than 900k. You'll realize you have 2 businesses running and have an alternative to fall back on if need be. Ehailing is not running.
I fit buy u Heineken? Thanks for this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:

Na apple bigi him dey take

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cuteralph101(m): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

Hey God oooooh

Thanks abi o...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:

It is finished! Prophetess Bazoo talk em, person wey neva complete one trip don deh buy beer. Donfortunate48 please pick another spot, d real lazy driver is not just about to make a grand, but thunderous entrance and he will b needing ur staff and work station.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

Hey God oooooh

grin let Ogu Dru rest nah, please give him a break

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
1m should get a good honda civic... and some old BIG DADDY... but 1.5m toks na KOROPE oo... cars are expensive now.... exchange rate the culprit.
Thurmieee:
House.... please what car can I get for less than 1m that can do bolt. I know it'll be naija used.....also what toks can I get with less than 1.5 m

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
davit:
Yeah. But see me see wahala the following day. I lost my wallet with all the money made, including my debit cards. Na when I wan buy fuel around 11pm I noticed my wallet was missing.

I'm really bittered now sad
Ehya. Sorry bro. Better luck

Quick one.. why do you guys use wallets? I'm used to keeping my stuffs in my pocket. In fact I put each denomination of naira in each pocket so even if my pocket is picked (almost impossible) I will only lose some money and not all my money.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
radautoworks:
Nigeria can be very stupid sometimes

The health care system is very bad .. Even the leaders themselves don't trust the health care system.. That is why Buhari is always traveling to UK 7 times in a month.......

That reminds me .. Do u think Buhari will need to book an appointment online for visa for medical check up to Yankee ... I think he couldn't find visa appointment booking online .. That is why he is always travelling to the UK... Yankee has the best health care system that is better than the UK

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
BAZ001:

Hahahahaha see as this man just make me laugh like a local man in front of my t*sh inlaw that is forming for me and I'm forming back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
pope191:

grin let Ogu Dru rest nah, please give him a break

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
cuteralph101:
In ehailing business, there is no fixed income. Some (extremely lazy or part time) people are making 100k monthly while some are making above 400k. Come and use your car for ehailing, if it doesn't work out as you expect then you can sell it and invest in the other business.
New businesses can be tricky, there can be hidden pitfalls which you will only see when it's too late to run, with uber you can hardly run at loss since you're driving your car yourself

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3907) (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) ... (5738) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Holla911(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.