Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:39 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4923919 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3928) (3929) (3930) (3931) (3932) (3933) (3934) ... (5733) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bitbillionaire: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2021
I sell MTN data.

DATA PLANS (30 DAYS VALIDITY)

(1) 500 MB DATA --- N300

(2) 1 GB DATA --- N550

(3) 2 GB DATA --- N950

(4) 3 GB DATA --- N1,300

(5) 4 GB DATA --- N1750

(6) 5 GB DATA ---.N2,000

(7). 8 GB DATA ---.3000

(cool. 10GB --- 3,500

MTN USERS ONLY

Email me for more details - payme4job@gmail.com

Whatsapp - zero8028076198
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2021
spartacus11:
The deal i got was from a micro-credit facility, they asked i go look for a car and negotiate with seller, so they can do the necessary calculations on the weekly payment

After giving it a serious thought, and taking into consideration, the discussion from this thread, i went back to them and ask they do an estimated calculation using 2,800,000 million naira, assuming that will be the cost of the car i will be getting

if total cost of car was 2.8M,, their interest rate in respective of the cost of your car was 2.5% and the duration was 18 or 20 months tenure- So total repayment will be 4,060,000 Million, interest and Capital combine for 18 months

i will make a deposit of 363k, this deposit is not refundable

below is the break down of the 363k as follows

Insurance- 140k (this insurance is only valid to the company incase of accident with the vehicle beyond repair, so they can protect their investment, so the insurance doesn’t cover me, i will have to get mine ( so why make me pay for this?)

Admi Fee - 4k plus

Tracker- 20k ( the company will be the one to get the person that will fix it)

License plate- 35k ( at the end of repayment the plate number is mine, i will just go for change of name, since they will be registering the car in the company’s name)

Upfront Payment- 70k, this money will be use as payment towards the capital, but it was not subtracted from the total yet

VAT- 94k, i will have to pay VAT too

I felt why pay a deposit that is not refundable or subtracted from the total

The 363k is not a fixed amount, it is dependent on the cost of your car, let’s say you got a car for 2.4M probably the deposit will be less than 363k

The repayment window was 18 months i.e 72 weeks 4x18=72 weekly payment 4,060,000/72weeks= 56k per week

but the company was silent on some issues like, there are some months that end in 5 weeks but they use 4 weeks on their calculations so what happens if a certain month ends in 5 weeks am i still made to make repayment on the 5th week, since the contract is weekly payment

you see i may end up paying more if the details are not well spelt out

i was not in a hurry to get a car, i wanted to know the entire details of what to expect

Last month coming to this month financial pressure was high on me, i was almost desperate getting the car by all means

that was when i kept seeing CheerfulGiver comments on how HP is a scam, he did a calculations on why rental was far better than HP

Now coming from a Newbie in driving (i don’t currently drive, the little time i did i learnt it from youtube, drove few times some yeas back)

been a novice ( even planing registering for a driving school) and taking car on HP, i will have to drive on a commercial basis, and be remitting 56k weekly, at least from this thread i understand that one can spend between 30-45k on fuel weekly 56k+30k=86k

on HP, car maintenance will be on me, within this 18 months i will still have to pay my house rent, house feeding money, bills, health

putting all this into consideration i had to pull out from the HP deal for now

if i had been a professional driver before now i wouldn’t have turn this deal down, but for a newbie like me i felt the stake was too high

in-fact police that don’t want to use eye to see young men driving flashy cars in Benin. lets not even go there

Spactacusgrin despite all the gbos gbas you're still able to get 2 out of 1+1... Thumbs up to you but don't jump in joy yet because there're a lot of misconceptions going in in your mind.

1. Both HP and rentals are all scam. And both Rentals and HP are good with HP being the best provided your partner falls among the 5% of good people. Yes you heard me right. There're lots you won't understanding reading my posts here unless you get into the field to experience it yourself then you'll flashback to understand better what I post here.

I'll be glad to walk you and many others who DM through with clear explainations if you all don't mind.

2. HP from individuals can be very risky because most people don't have a clear understanding on how an asset loan works so they draft out their terms and condition to suit them alone leaving aside the other person. I call that Sentimental wickedness this is the reason why somebody will demand N500k down payment for an asset of say 2.5/3.5 or 4m naira. Dont blame them most of them are ignorant , some partner will start acting up towards end of contract with excuses like, I want to travel, retrieve car due to breakdown to mechanical or accident just to mention a few.
These kind of partners are called stomach infracture partnersgrin dont blame them as well because that's tue only car most of them have so they don't want to see you walking away their only car after making full payment while they're walking with leg on the streets of Nigeria. Dont blame them too na buhari cause am

3. Rentals can be very tricky and deceitful, if you're not lucky enough you find out 5yrs have come and gone and you're still on rental, why? because most partners no matter weather you belong to the 5% league of good drivers they'll still find a black spot and some of them because of greed will tell you they want to travel so they need their car only for them to get themselves registered and start driving so they can have both the driver's and owner's earnings to themselves. Don't blame these set of people na 1m geng dashboard cause amgrin
Now, they retrieve their car from you for now reason or what so ever even when you haven't done anything wrong... Now you're left with no car for months searching for another, won't you eat, pay bills and care for family? Where are you getting those money from? Savings of off course! So you c? B4 you knew it that 600/1m you've saved has gone down b4 the next opportunity comes by and the circle continues.

Unless favour finds you to meet a good person then you will see the end of that hp contract or save up with just one partner on rental for 2yrs or less to get your own car.

When you hear people say "hp no easy, hp no easy" these and many more are the reasons to that popular saying because most partner don't want to hear stories of constant breaking down of the car after a year because that's when the nightmare of a driver starts. This is the main reason a naija used car is a bad deal for HP because breakdown and down time start almost immediately after penning down the contract.

Mind you 2 consecutive default means you lost out in the deal. Devilish clause owner comes and pickup his car, fix it up and sell off. Zoom! All your effect and years of struggle gone.

Let me stop here to come back to your micro credit asset loan.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2021
Pearl1910:

Enough of this Felicity respect yourself. This is unacceptable. I haven't insulted u in any of my posts. Be guided

You haven't insulted me yes butbi felt insulted in many of your posts and mentions.

I've been peaceful and respectful in all of my posts and I haven't insulted you too.

So you too don't lose guard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:04am On Aug 13, 2021
pleasureosondu:
I've observed that Most points you make are actually factual and valid. But you need to understand that it's not everyone here that's insightful or will adopt your views. For example, I was surprised that some folks don't know that driving for long periods of time regularly is dangerous to health when you mentioned it but it's the truth. So, whether they accept or not is none of your business.

I also observed that there were complaints in regards to your customer service skills. Bro, there's no need to be aggressive with a rider. If you feel that you were in the right and a rider disrespected you and tries to paint you in a bad light, you simply tell that rider alight. No insults, no 1 star rating, no nothing. Ignore and move on. Your knowledge of this job and that of Mr Cheerful giver is legendary. You guys should stop making a mockery about this acquired knowledge and find ways to agree. Na only women dey behave like this.

Respect.

Thanks man... Appreciate.

Ok... No more bad blood again
No more confrontative conversation with anyone again.

Henceforth, I drop my comment and leave. Who no like should go hug a transformer, abi?

Naxo!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2021
Nezzjnr:

You are certainly Romeo cheesy

In your Diary, You made a statement that you started driving when you were 14 yrs
He's not denying it, he went AWOL then.
This is second coming

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolutic(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2021
Mine is Dana all what u read may not be true the car like long journey I don't hear what peoples say if u told me someone is not good I will near the person to confirm myself I will give updates on the car as times goes am enjoying it now
I don't think the part is expensive
fuel filter 4k clutch leather 3k oil filter 1k timing belt 2k [1quote author=Felicity0001 post=104668621]

I learnt that car doesnt like too much stress and the brainbox of that car is very expensive. Some says it overheats after a long drive and parts are general expensive. This is not to cast fear in you but to keep you inform of possible issue associated with the car so you know how best to keep it running for you. Tho I wouldn't know if yours is the stick type cause most of the bad reviews is about the automatic.

Good luck and welcome to the hustle.[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2021
ReadaDream:
Very possible. See image attached

Wow!! Quit educative

Do one also need to use the parking break even when parked on a level surface?

Which do we engage first, the parking break or shifting the transmission to park? I really didn't get that line clearly.

A friend had adviced some time back I engage the parking break before shifting the transmission to park... How true is this?

cc:
Dmechy
Blackbishop
Radautoworks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2021
Felicity0001:

I never knew you're so senseless all these while.

Kontinue!
grin

Petty. You're busy looking for sense, if you see one can you recognize it?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Lol...u sha like wahala sha!

I said in my post yesterday I've been doing a lazy mans job for a while now..I expected the pains the very first day sef...Na gym I from come now, not working today till Nightfall if body carry me. I'm not delivering for anybody, I don't have mouths to feed, I therefore shouldn't kill my body while still in Nigeria, cus Wen I finally Japa, which body I go use work for dah side

I think you need this.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2021
Felicity0001:

You want free contents from the one you just insulted up there? My meat is not for dogs like you and your likes.

I'm not beefing as well but I'm watching you.

We are all here caching cruisegrin

Your type...so easy to predict.

Once again, you're so petty.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good morning guys. Avoid parking and sleeping at the front of presken hotel, majekodunmi Street, Ikeja. We were unfortunately raided by AREA F POLICEMEN in the middle night of Thursday 12th 2021 at about 1.AM
About 14 pilots were arrested and vehicle tolled. Our vehicles were impounded, thrown into CELL and of course, Extorted. I paid 15k to bail myself and car out around 8pm, some paid 20k and i heard some group paid 10k. It depends on your bargaining power.

The excuse was that the residents came to report to them that we sleeps, messes up the place and causes nuisance.

So, for now, majekodunmi street don cast.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:
Good morning guys. Avoid parking and sleeping at the front of presken hotel, majekodunmi Street, Ikeja. We were unfortunately raided by AREA F POLICEMEN in the middle night of Thursday 12th 2021 at about 1.AM
About 14 pilots were arrested and vehicle tolled. Our vehicles were impounded, thrown into CELL and of course, Extorted. I paid 15k to bail myself and car out around 8pm, some paid 20k and i heard some group paid 10k. It depends on your bargaining power.

The excuse was that the residents came to report to them that we sleeps, messes up the place and causes nuisance.

I've said here before that only ignorant drivers sleep on the streets. And yes, any street uber drivers sleep in they mess it up.

Next will be alternative route chevron and Shoprite axis, jakande.

How will full grown men congregate, brush teeth, bathe on the streets and parade in their dirty boxers early in the morning and expect residents to be cool with it?

I hope you've learned your lesson. Always go home at night.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
Felicity0001:

Yeah very true but only true for those drivers who are married and are on either rental or HP. They will definitely need to double the hustle to make 15-20k net daily. That's a whole lot of work and time there bro.

For you to have netted N20,000 it means you must have grossed at least N30,000-33,000.

because commission on N30k is N6k

You'll need 3.5-4.5k fuel on a sound corolla or Honda civic to gross that amount, if you're lucky to have 70% of your trips on surge and long distance trips with less time spent on traffic you can gross 35-37/38k with 4.5k fuel.

Assume all conditions are Constant:

20k net should generate about 29-33k gross after all deductions.

This will require a minimum of 12hrs online.

And not possible during weekdays but possible during weekends especially on Sundays BUT not everyday.

Unless the night life returns then we can have such earnings again.

Need proof? Ask the diabolic one to share his daily earnings with time spent online.

But note: these are many truth people like pearl1910, the diabolic cheerfulgiver, crv and dangote partners dapo and we@uncle gbagada will never tell you but me myself and I will also speak the truth. I am felicity001 aka the hoodlum drivergrin (come e don tey una call me that name ooh, I always roll when you guys call me thatgrin)

Now let the argument begin.
Incoherent bullshit as usual, from someone who admitted he has only driven a combined 10 months on ehailing.

Go start another business, ehailing isn't for you. When people who ehailing were made for are talking, people who actually make money from it, you should keep quiet and take notes.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
I'm with you on this.
CheerfulGiver:
I've said here before that only ignorant drivers sleep on the streets. And yes, any street uber drivers sleep in they mess it up.

How will full grown men congregate, brush teeth, bathe on the streets and parade in their dirty boxers early in the morning and expect residents to be cool with it?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

people who sleeps on the streets don't like either but it's just what it is.

How does the drivers who lives in ikorodu and MOWE axis cope with the level of traffic on the roads?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
Felicity0001:

Wow!! Quit educative

Do one also need to use the parking break even when parked on a level surface?

Which do we engage first, the parking break or shifting the transmission to park? I really didn't get that line clearly.

A friend had adviced some time back I engage the parking break before shifting the transmission to park... How true is this?

cc:
Foot on brake, engage parking brake (handbrake) then shift to park.

Do this all the time, be it leveled or a slope ground. Your transmission will last longer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
Crvrider:

Petty. You're busy looking for sense, if you see one can you recognize it?
No sir
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Greglak: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Sure bro.

I've sent you a mail.. Please reply sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Greglak: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please guys, i intend to be a uber driver but i knw next to nothing about the hustle.. Please i need help.. Anybody please.. My contact is gregorylakeview568@gmail.com

I can drive very well, have a valid drivers license and stays in lagos.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Besto(m): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:

SMH... Una no get house?

Then what's the husslin for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Besto:

SMH... Una no get house?

Then what's the husslin for?
I wonder ooo, I thought they are all millionaires.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:

How does the drivers who lives in ikorodu and MOWE axis cope with the level of traffic on the roads?
My brother, you and I know that this is a sorry excuse; a self defeating, self pitying attitude. No one cares about your job as an uber driver. If we're to go by your logic of sleeping on the streets because of traffic, why is every car owner living in mowe and ikorodu axis not sleeping on the streets? I know guys in ikorodu axis on this thread that gross over 160k weekly on average and they go home daily.

What will you do if LASG criminalizes sleeping on the streets by uber drivers? Will you give the excuse above?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:

1k fuel will take anyone back to his home from 10pm upwards, it's always a moving traffic.
Some drivers can't spare 1k.but rather pay MIB.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:

I don't know why my mind is telling me to type *Good for you* lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:

U don't have any reason to sleep on the streets. U r doing a job like everyother working person in this Lagos. People don't sleep on the road because traffic is too much or because their house is far from work. U have an added advantage of being mobile and can go anywhere at anytime. Even if u leave in Shagamu, that's a 30mins drive from Alausa from 11pm so go home and come back 5am d next day. Rest well, refresh well, smell well, dress well, be psychologically physically fit for the day. Sorry for your experience.

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
mabeni:

Don’t mind them like say dem never sleep on the street before.
The other ants family will appreciate this info, cos dey will relocate to chevron drive.
Hope dem no injure you?
From sleep to cell to wiping out 2weeks earnings.
Hmmmm

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
northbird:

1k fuel will take anyone back to his home from 10pm upwards, it's always a moving traffic.
Some drivers can't spare 1k.but rather pay MIB.

Exactly, It's a mentality thing. When I meet guys like that, I tell them just assume that is ur transportation cost to and fro work. U r even sharper n refreshed d next day when u sleep on a bed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
Pearl1910:

U don't have any reason to sleep on the streets. U r doing a job like everyother working person in this Lagos. People don't sleep on the road because traffic is too much or because their house is far from work. U have an added advantage of being mobile and can go anywhere at anytime. Even if u leave in Shagamu, that's a 30mins drive from Alausa from 11pm so go home and come back 5am d next day. Rest well, refresh well, smell well dress well, be psychologically physically fit for the day. Sorry for your experience.
This one alone commands respect from riders. No rider talks to you anyhow if you smell better than them. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
This one alone commands respect from riders. No rider talks to you anyhow if you smell better than them. cheesy

Honestly, many guys don't know these things are part of what makes d work light.
Many of these headaches from Riders that drivers complain about are just a ripple effect of one coma.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
My first trip on Wednesday, the lady opened my my Glovebox to bring out USB cord, naso she see my Gucci Pef, she put small on her palm and was like,

"So you guys are now making money like this, you're using original Gucci perfume"

I just laugh tell her say "Na God" grin

Perfume wey I kidnap from person wey just come back from the abroad, ABI na my 1month gross earning I go use buy pef grin

Smelling good give one kind confidence cus anywhere I enter, Wen I spray dis thing small, Naso I go dey bounce dey waka cool

25 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
FuckEveryday:

My first trip on Wednesday, the lady opened my my Glovebox to bring out USB cord, naso she see my Gucci Pef, she put small on her palm and was like,

"So you guys are now making money like this, you're using original Gucci perfume"

I just laugh tell her say "Na God" grin

Perfume wey I kidnap from person wey just come back from the abroad, ABI na my 1month gross earning I go use buy pef grin

Smelling good give one kind confidence cus anywhere I enter, Wen I spray dis thing small, Naso I go dey bounce dey waka cool

Lol. Not only confidence bro, Smelling nice gives you favour before men and women, especially women. The kind favour and tips wey I don received because of my PEF no be small thing. I use Tom ford Orchid and Armani code, the combination of the 2 fragrance can make any girl go wet in your car grin. Abeg don't it twisted I no dey light oven inside car O! grin

80% of riders assumes Uber drivers smells body odour, grin, thats why most ladies sits at the back.

I have been able to correct that wrong impression with smelling nice and fresh like fresh Prince of Bel Air wink

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3928) (3929) (3930) (3931) (3932) (3933) (3934) ... (5733) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.