Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4908088 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (5725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 9:16am On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.
I started this hustle a month ago, and just this morning, I got a job of 170k at vi, I I stay at dopemu.

I'm thinking of doing the job then do uber Saturday/sunday.

But my issue is how to paying rent within the first one month of starting the job at the same time I dont want to lose this car I'm working.

Please I need your advice

As long as it's a VI company and not Lekki which is known to owe salary for a Living, Please go for the job.

How you'll manage for the first month is up to u...u b guy man you'll survive. I been gats trek from New Road to Ikota shopping complex everyday for a whole month till I got my first salary for one mumu work laidat.

Understand how the job goes, den run Uber on weekends and even some nights. With time, you'll have enough to move to at least a shared apartment on the island and wouldn't need to do Uber if the job has some "side attractions" to it.

Congratulations.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2021
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history. .

You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty Verification

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:18am On Sep 03, 2021
davit:
I can imagine. But it still beats my imagination seeing some drivers run their AC inside water. I believe it is either ignorance or trying to please their riders at the expense of their car. Me, any small water like this, my AC don turn off.
How do you know their AC is on? Cuz me I put off AC and my windows still remain rolled up. So if you're outside you may actually think I'm using AC

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.
I started this hustle a month ago, and just this morning, I got a job of 170k at vi, I I stay at dopemu.

But my issue is how to paying rent within the first one month of starting the job at the same time I dont want to lose this car I'm working.

If your mental strength is capable to manage the two job which is

Set destination trip every morning to work.
Work after close hours during week days then work weekend and public holidays.

This Will only benefit your partner since you're not the owner of the car.

Best option, return car to owner then save up from you job, make sure you've a salary account and after six month if you still want to go into the hustle there're lot of opportunities for workers for a car if your savings can't get you a 9ja use of tok.

There's no business sense resting a rented car 9hours daily but if after giving it a try for the first 2weeks of resumption you find out it saves you cost of transportation to and fro work daily, still been able to the weekly rent and have a little money left then I think its a good deal.

Lastly, inform your partner of your new job offer for a possible reduction in weekly rental say from 30k to 25k with all maintenance and repairs to be taken care of by him.

Wish you best of luck.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2021
Listen to this and the previous advice too. Good luck.
Felicity001:

Best option, return car to owner then save up from you job, make sure you've a salary account and after six month if you still want to go into the hustle there're lot of opportunities for workers for a car if your savings can't get you a 9ja use of tok.

There's no business sense resting a rented car 9hours daily but if after giving it a try for the first 2weeks of resumption you find out it saves you cost of transportation to and fro work daily, still been able to the weekly rent and have a little money left then I think its a good deal.

Lastly, inform your partner of your new job offer for a possible reduction in weekly rental say from 30k to 25k with all maintenance and repairs to be taken care of by him.

Wish you best of luck.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

. Like @felicity said set destination when leaving the house every morning, your closing hours will most likely give you a surge trip, while you use the weekends to meet your deliverery -target .

All in all I don't think you should return the car because you don't know if you will be working on long or short term, sometimes it's difficult to get a car. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2021
Na cargo(commercial) tires you dey call winter tires? All season bro...
DMechyy:

Winter tyres!

With winter tyres:
- High wear rate
- Risk burst at high temperature.

Always look out for this threading when buying tyres. Summer tyres

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheAlchemist: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2021
Where can someone gets summer tyres
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

First of all, congratulations on getting this job. However, I will advise you to jettison the idea of continuing this Uber hustle since the car isn't yours. Some people will say do it after work and on weekends. I'm not saying it's not feasible but it's highly unlikely to work simply because you are on rental. The pressure will be too much on you and could affect your productivity on the job.

There are other side hustles you can do apart from Uber on weekends that won't put you under so much pressure. Just think outside the box. Even if it's 30- 50k, you can add it to your salary rather than breaking your back to remit 30k weekly to someone.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2021
nickvanilla:

First of all, congratulations on getting this job. However, I will advise you to jettison the idea of continuing this Uber hustle since the car isn't yours. Some people will say do it after work and on weekends. I'm not saying it's not feasible but it's highly unlikely to work simply because you are on rental. The pressure will be too much on you and could affect your productivity on the job.

There are other side hustles you can do apart from Uber on weekends that won't put you under so much pressure. Just think outside the box. Even if it's 30- 50k, you can add it to your salary rather than breaking your back to remit 30k monthly to someone.

Monthly or weekly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2021
Johnchrix:

Monthly or weekly

Modified. Driving after work and on weekends to remit minimum of120k per month is unsustainable. Even if rental is reduced to 25k weekly. He should find another side hustle.

My prayer for him is that he quickly grows to a level in his career where he won't have to be driving Uber on weekends to meet his bills. Weekend when man suppose to dey rest. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
nickvanilla:

Modified. Driving after work and on weekends to remit minimum of120k per month is unsustainable. Even if rental is reduced to 25k weekly. He should find another side hustle.

My prayer for him is that he quickly grows to a level in his career where he won't have to be driving Uber on weekends to meet his bills. Weekend when man suppose to dey rest. undecided

Yours seems best to me out of all stated here.

It doesn't make sense driving low hours to remit on rentals, it would have been OK if it were to be HP.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2021
pope191!
pope191!!
pope191!!!

shey you see wetin you cause? now water don enter my car

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

Congrats on your new job...

The only reason u would have retained that car is if it was HP... Remitting 30k working weekend only isn't worth the stress as there is no benefit to u except u need it for other runs that fetches good money enough to pay the rentals conveniently.

Jejely drop d car.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
Abeg how much b Matrix shocks. Mechanic just bill me 60k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

And if your deciding to drop the car .
Pls look here for replacement.
I need am badly ��

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by temi4fash(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello Bosses,

My mechanic did a shoddy job on the Suspensions for my Honda City 2007. Please can any one recommend any correct mechanic around Oyingbo abi is it ladipo i should go to, Please help me before this mechanic send me back to my village.

Thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
Skolex5:

And if your deciding to drop the car .
Pls look here for replacement.
I need am badly ��

Sharp guy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Gentlelife50:
We are still separating fight
grin cheesy grin
Saka don enter this one o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ibukun93: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
FuckEveryday:

As long as it's a VI company and not Lekki which is known to owe salary for a Living, Please go for the job.

How you'll manage for the first month is up to u...u b guy man you'll survive. I been gats trek from New Road to Ikota shopping complex everyday for a whole month till I got my first salary for one mumu work laidat.

Understand how the job goes, den run Uber on weekends and even some nights. With time, you'll have enough to move to at least a shared apartment on the island and wouldn't need to do Uber if the job has some "side attractions" to it.

Congratulations.

Lol.... Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ibukun93: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
Felicity001:

Wish you best of luck.

Sincerely, I don't know what to anticipate really, it's a construction project manager role and it's always tasking
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ibukun93: 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
nickvanilla:

There are other side hustles you can do apart from Uber on weekends that won't put you under so much pressure. Just think outside the box. Even if it's 30- 50k, you can add it to your salary rather than breaking your back to remit 30k weekly to someone.

Thank you nick
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

Set destination trip to VI every morning, and destination trip or any mainland trip when you close from work. Then hustle full day on Saturdays and sundays. As long as you're not going to take a dime from your salary to pay for car rental then you're good to go till you can save up (from your salary) to buy your own car. Your body go tell you sha, because you will be working full day everyday of the week

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Congratulations.

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Barbiturate:

Ok. Please can you kindly reveal how much you make daily after the following deductions; bolt %, fuel, all other incurred expenses while working and the hours you work daily; say 8am to 8pm for instance
last month I made 657k after commission. Fuel is 32k weekly or 124k monthly or 4,100 daily. Average hrs for the last 3 months is 11.4 hrs daily.

Change oil and linkages monthly on average
Other expenses is according to how I like. Zero naira on lastma for the past 3 years. Police, I dash them money when I like.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Front or back?
FuckEveryday:
Abeg how much b Matrix shocks. Mechanic just bill me 60k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

Part A

Return the car, it won't work.

If you retain the car, to work fully weekends so you can pay for rent, what will happen on the long run is it will affect your productivity at work, except its government work or the company belongs to your family, you will loose the employment when your assesments result turns in.

Part B
Lower your expenses going forward......

Inquire about Lapo microfinance. Try to save 50k with them for 6month that's 300k, you will be entitled to a loan of 1.2-1.4m

Get a car in that budget.....hustle lightly just to pay out the loan weekly and argument it with part of your salary.

Pay more attention to A, B is just me thinking out loud what a colleague in similar position did

All the best

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skolex5: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Bammzzie:

Sharp guy cheesy
Shey u get any connect for me .
I need car badly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ibukun93:
Good morning bosses,
I need your advice.

170k a week is 42,500 weekly or 6,071 daily.

Within the first month of your uber driving, did you enjoy it? Did you like the experience? Did you have regrets driving? Did you pay your weekly rental without stress?

170k monthly is rubbish as far as I am concerned. Out of that 42500 weekly, how much will be your transport and feeding and other miscellaneous? Are you currently able to save 4k daily as an uber driver after your daily expenses? If you can save 4k daily, then the job makes no sense. Dopemu to VI daily jumping buses is not a joke.

Carefully think over this as whatever decision you take is solely on your head, as life is on a per head basis. I'll rather you keep that car with you for the next two weeks and see if you can cope with what your have planned in your head.

Leaving home 4:30am in a car with a destination trip to VI is better than leaving home 4:30am to trek or bike to bustop and paying transport. Destination trip back home is also a plus. If you save your weekly earnings on driving, I believe you should have more than enough to pay your rental, because you wouldn't have that extra money jumping buses in the first place. You basically need to make about 4,500 daily after fuel to achieve this feat. Very possible.

Try out your initial plan First, if it fails, you can then choose to return the car, or return the job.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Guys please how is badagry road?
Someone wants to book me offline to and fro from lekki to badagry
Is the road good and how much should I charge ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (5725) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), IFSHR, donfortune48(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.