Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,868 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4908390 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4273) (4274) (4275) (4276) (4277) (4278) (4279) ... (5725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:04am On Nov 27, 2021
iCloud007:

I guess I might eventually �

This guy...u did 25 trips today. U try o

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:28am On Nov 27, 2021
kanuisagoat:

It's the season. I also turned one down yesterday.

Two ladies with two bags of rice and two cartons of indomie that I believe was given to them by their employers. I'm sure the both of them would have still stayed at the back effecting more damage to my already weak rear shocks.

I zoomed off after I confirmed they actually wanted me to carry the two bags of rice

No be small thing, na load they pursue me today. Mobolaji Johnson to Surulere X1.8. I dey happy say I go make like 4k in less than 30mins. Only for me to arrive, person stand for front of gate say "come in com in, reverse and face this side". I already know they want to carry load.
I was like "Is it this load u want to carry or another one" Cos I saw the load but didnt want to believe it's Inside Uber this people want to put all these things. "Mumu even said yes offcourse" I just drove away without answering him. Na d gate man I pity.

I wish I snapped it...
4 Inverter batteries. Asin trailer batteries o
4 Cartons of only God knows what's inside. Each carton is d size of 2 Indomie cartons put together.
4 25litre gallon of Kings Oil
4 quarter bag of rice
Wires and other heavy equipment.

Even if u offer me 20k for this journey I no go.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:33am On Nov 27, 2021
kanuisagoat:

We were saying it the other day, pearl1910 was arguing that bolt now accurately calculates price.

The one I dread the most is return trips. 90% of the time, bolt miscalculates the price and when you contact them, they start asking you foolish questions. Where did you pick the rider, where did you turn e.t.c knowing fully well that some PU points are not well defined in terms of addresses.

You wonder why they can't just retrieve the information from their system.

Anyway, that was in the past. Once I hear you will take me back. Alaye, I go end this one first. If you no carry your phone commot, I'll book myself for you from my rider app. Shikena

Always Update ur App to d latest version and make sure u r using a strong Internet connection.

I have done return trip, change of destination to a Farer destination than what was initially inputed and change of location to a closer area than what was initially inputed, all this week. Not had any complains with my fare.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:52am On Nov 27, 2021
yommie007:
na wa oo.... this guy really got me p*ssed..
Got a trip this night at mega plaza going to eko hotel, boom I arrived on 1.3× surge.

Omo...u did all that work for a 1k trip?
Na wa o. U guys should b working smart abeg

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 5:38am On Nov 27, 2021
yommie007:
na wa oo.... this guy really got me p*ssed..
Got a trip this night at mega plaza going to eko hotel, boom I arrived on 1.3× surge. The guy came out and told me to turn around that he's got something to pick, I turned and parked. The rider brought a big box, told me he has another 1 and a box. That 1 box don cover my whole trunk.... matrix way. I was considerate and folded my back seat to accommodate his �. On bringing the last box, the carton got torn and decided to go get another 1, I decided to offload the stuff in the torn carton into the trunk and transload to the new carton he went to bring. When he got back, the guy begin para say the ribbon � on the stuffs are loose and its my fault, initially I thought it was a joke until the guy started yelling.... na so I pick oo.... he went as far as telling his colleagues and those girls sef begin talk anyhow... boom I got angry and told the guy to get the stuff off my car that I was gonna cancel the trip....
Me: bros I'm not interested in the service no more
Rider: why?
Me: I can't have you yell at me just anyhow
Rider: you can't cancel oo, I'm already late
Me: that's none of my business
Rider: you can't cancel nor take my stuff off the car
Me: if I no cancel the trip make I die. I cancelled immediately and dragged the boxes off the car.
Na so the guy begin shout why I would cancel. The security was even like; even driver sef follow us work oo...
Rider: you can't go oo...
Me: na your fada buy car for me? Hold me down na... na so I zoom off.

Got to kofo abayomi, another trip came in to lekki 1. I called her and told her I was at the location the GPS picked, she said she was on the other side.. asked if she'd cross over or I turn around and she said I should turn. Going to turn she started shouting... me wey dey para b4, told her I was gonna cancel the trip if she wouldn't respect herself. She kept quiet immediately. Getting to lekki 1, she apologised for her actions, I told her I was owe her a greater apology and the reason being that the previous guy got on my nerves And we settled.
In summary, patience will be tested in this job.....
Transfer of aggression is the fear....
We go try balance am sha
We meeuve

Nice one...You upheld dignity over money...This indeed is a rare virtue, few among us can do it. But next time, if such rare its ugly head, just gently drop the items and zoom off without uttering a word.
They'll be speechless, in utter of confusion, looking lost. Trying so hard to call.

'Cos ,Being quiet on wheels with lil' bottled anger, will help you remain calm and make informed decision...

But ensure you revv up your engine , with scratching sound like that of a DJ, while you're about zooming off grin with a lil' bit of smoke from ur tail pipe...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dedynast: 6:12am On Nov 27, 2021
In summary Yommiee007, next time,
1. Turn on your werey,
2. Activate your hoodlum ism, and
3. Increase your shalaye to full bar.
(You fit even carry wheel spanner as you dy drop the load, so nobody go bold stop you)

E choke...!

komodapson:

Nice one...You upheld dignity over money...This indeed is a rare virtue, few among us can do it. But next time, if such rare its ugly head, just gently drop the items and zoom off without uttering a word.
They'll be speechless, in utter of confusion, looking lost. Trying so hard to call.

'Cos ,Being quiet on wheels with lil' bottled anger, will help you remain calm and make informed decision...

But ensure you revv up your engine , with scratching sound like that of a DJ, while you're about zooming off grin with a lil' bit of smoke from ur tail pipe...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:40am On Nov 27, 2021
One day, nothing go join me and 'what color is your car' again. undecided

Abi what is your name?

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2021
BAZ001:

Bus lovers grin
I sight you Baba, you and bus drivers Na 5&6
You no dey see okada or keke napep only buses shaaa grin

You observe when buying fuel or when in the bus ?

[img]https://c./YicHWOL4locAAAAd/sorprendido-cara-surprised.gif[/img]

grin cheesy I observe when I'm on a bike

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iCloud007: 7:24am On Nov 27, 2021
davit:
Guys, avoid Enyo fuel station at Ikate. I can tell you for free that the Conoiol opposite is better. Been suspecting them until this afternoon.

BTW, abeg mech in the house what is the local name for Evap canister? Need to change mine.

Very correct!

Except it's emergency 1k fuel you wanna buy to take you to your preferred filling station, never buy from the enyo at ikate and chisco.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iCloud007: 7:33am On Nov 27, 2021
Pearl1910:

This guy...u did 25 trips today. U try o

Some days are like that
Some days are not actually o

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:35am On Nov 27, 2021
iCloud007:

Some days are like that
Pardon me pls, how much did you gross with this nos of trips?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:37am On Nov 27, 2021
On load matter.

I got a request from Jibowu to Omole1 (about a month ago).
Rider called immediately and said it's load that I'll be carrying from Jibowu to Omole for her.
I asked if the load is much, but she said no. So I drove to young park.

Got there but the lady that's to attend to me haven't arrived. Called her, she said she'll be there soon, but it took over 30mins before a man came to attend to me.

When the man Opened the van to show me the load, na the 4cartons in the picture below I saw. I asked if it's one of the cartons, but the man said it's 4 of them.

I provoke, called the lady that booked the rider. Chatted her up on whatsap to confirm if these big cartons are really what she want me to carry that she told me it's not much load. She replied me that it should be 5cartons. (Imagine nonsense)

I asked, why will you book a ride for this much loads?
(it's even indriver. 2.5k)
She now asked me how much will I carry it for?
I didn't reply, cancelled and moved.

She called me few minutes later and asked again, how much will I collect?
But I replied her that I've left the place and hung up.

About 40mins later, she called and asked if I'm close to her destination. (I guess she thought I carried the loads)
Haaaaa!! Close to where? I'm in VI now please, find a way to go carry your load and please don't try book a ride for it again, cos it's pure wickedness. And if you must book a ride, your fare shouldn't be less than 10k for those loads. Hung up the call.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2021
iCloud007:

Some days are like that

Behold the new Ants Labour prefect.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 7:46am On Nov 27, 2021
Do wetin naaa... the guy was even fighting me for cancelling the order oo that he's already late. I was considerate initially from his mannar of approach until the be*st in him popped up..... if the guy geh g*n, I no safe oo. Claiming right say why I go cancel ride, na why I vex ask ask am if na him papa buy car for me.
Pearl1910:

Omo...u did all that work for a 1k trip?
Na wa o. U guys should b working smart abeg
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2021
Noted.... even confessed to the next rider that I wasn't a talking kinda guy. But the guy who inputted ability to work with little or no supervision, and able to work under pressure couldn't meet up.
komodapson:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 7:54am On Nov 27, 2021
Baba, my power noh reach that level oo. All I did was switch from queen's English to pidgin... then to yoruba.. told him MUSHIN NOH GEH JOY OO, MAKE E NOH GO REASON AM OO...
Dedynast:
In summary Yommiee007, next time,
1. Turn on your werey,
2. Activate your hoodlum ism, and
3. Increase your shalaye to full bar.
(You fit even carry wheel spanner as you dy drop the load, so nobody go bold stop you)

E choke...!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2021
Still on load matter, make I digress small. I once got a request from somewhere off Bishop Oluwole 1 Indian and some of his workers heading to Ikeja, I was quite happy, got there and just imagine with the dirty overall they wanted to enter my car like that after putting some of their tools in my boot. I just look ALL of them straight in the eye and told them it's NOT possible. Told them to offflaod and vamoose.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2021
komodapson:

Triple lose...
U waste time
Lose money for the trip
Still come waste ur fuel to screech and zoom off again.
...Abeg conserve ur fuel grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2021
Thought they said MB doesn't have fake/Chinese parts like toyota/Honda, reason why MBs less frequently visit mechamics than toyota and co?

Felicity0001:

But the engine check light will just be on na and I don't like seeing indicator lights on my dashboard at all.

The truth is what we get from most dealers in Nigeria as spare parts are fake-China... Tue worse is most of them are brand new China made sold to us as tokunbo or already bad tokunbo parts so once you fix it and used after a week it goes bad again.

Just imagine a bulb I bought blow off barely after 1 week but the follow come on the other side is still working.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2021
donfortune48:
On load matter.

I got a request from Jibowu to Omole1 (about a month ago).
Rider called immediately and said it's load that I'll be carrying from Jibowu to Omole for her.
I asked if the load is much, but she said no. So I drove to young park.

Got there but the lady that's to attend to me haven't arrived. Called her, she said she'll be there soon, but it took over 30mins before a man came to attend to me.

When the man Opened the van to show me the load, na the 4cartons in the picture below I saw. I asked if it's one of the cartons, but the man said it's 4 of them.

I provoke, called the lady that booked the rider. Chatted her up on whatsap to confirm if these big cartons are really what she want me to carry that she told me it's not much load. She replied me that it should be 5cartons. (Imagine nonsense)

I asked, why will you book a ride for this much loads?
(it's even indriver. 2.5k)
She now asked me how much will I carry it for?
I didn't reply, cancelled and moved.

She called me few minutes later and asked again, how much will I collect?
But I replied her that I've left the place and hung up.

About 40mins later, she called and asked if I'm close to her destination. (I guess she thought I carried the loads)
Haaaaa!! Close to where? I'm in VI now please, find a way to go carry your load and please don't try book a ride for it again, cos it's pure wickedness. And if you must book a ride, your fare shouldn't be less than 10k for those loads. Hung up the call.

Nigerian ladies generally don't appreciate time and they underprice transport fares.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oyerinde16(m): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2021
Pls, can I use Volkswagen golf 5, 2006 for bolt and uber. Elders in the house
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2021
ReadaDream:
One day, nothing go join me and 'what color is your car' again. undecided

Abi what is your name?

Co-praying and saying amennnn
Very very soon can’t wait...

[img]https://media1./images/7e0fc5492b4f5933d2670744d7d09cd4/tenor.gif?itemid=14950745[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
better than expected. Factory leather, electric steering, 5 gears, steering controls. 16 inch tyres. Keyless entry, push to start. Better ground clearance even with full capacity. Faster. The parts are a little more expensive than the older one which is expected. Offline trips requests have increased.

So far so good.

Just say you can’t meet up with targets / dashboard posting, offline indeed

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:42am On Nov 27, 2021
Pearl1910:

Keep us posted sha.
If ur Benz is better or comparable with the corolla/Civic as u claim, surely it will become a choice.
What's d Cost of suspension parts and auxillary engine components such as alternator, kick starter. Radiator and radiator fan motor, AC Compressor, etc?

I don't have an idea of how much these thing cost since I don't have any need for them.

The ine I made enquiry about is the engine and transmission. Complete engine for the M271, M111 Kompressor is around 120k -150k borale or what do you guys call it is around 70k. Gear box is 60-80k.

I bought a tokunbo condenser 3weeks ago 8k... Gave mechanic money to get it ni o asking price for brand new one is 20k.

Radiator water can is 4k/5k for tok new one is 10-12k to 15k depends on ur negotiating power.

Complete evaporator with vent and all I gave my mechanic 15k to replace it.

Stabilizer linkage rod I bought it tok 4k, my panel guy spoilt it while trying to burn out the linkage.

These r the prices I've first hand info on for now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2021
Pearl1910:

Always Update ur App to d latest version and make sure u r using a strong Internet connection.

I have done return trip, change of destination to a Farer destination than what was initially inputed and change of location to a closer area than what was initially inputed, all this week. Not had any complains with my fare.
You will always find what to say to defend this your darling bolt, continue.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:20am On Nov 27, 2021
When I say bolt will never do anything to resolve drivers issues, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Those guys are confirm scammers.

They still had the smelly guts to ask me if rider told me to go to Ogudu, when my very first complaint explained it all. Is this not stupid of Bolt?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2021
Pearl1910:

No be small thing, na load they pursue me today. Mobolaji Johnson to Surulere X1.8. I dey happy say I go make like 4k in less than 30mins. Only for me to arrive, person stand for front of gate say "come in com in, reverse and face this side". I already know they want to carry load.
I was like "Is it this load u want to carry or another one" Cos I saw the load but didnt want to believe it's Inside Uber this people want to put all these things. "Mumu even said yes offcourse" I just drove away without answering him. Na d gate man I pity.

I wish I snapped it...
4 Inverter batteries. Asin trailer batteries o
4 Cartons of only God knows what's inside. Each carton is d size of 2 Indomie cartons put together.
4 25litre gallon of Kings Oil
4 quarter bag of rice
Wires and other heavy equipment.

Even if u offer me 20k for this journey I no go.

Can you imagine! What kind of nonsense is all this... I've said it severally these apps should allow drivers charge for additional seats and extra loads.

What they charge is only for one passenger reason the fare is small so when riders are requesting they should indicate how many passengers and if extra luggage is included with this the business will be very much proffittable for drivers.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 11:28am On Nov 27, 2021
mejai:
Could this be possible? From VGC to omole phase 1, then waited for 1hr plus, returned rider to VGC. And bolt presented me with this? Though not on surge?
Update:
No response yet. Abi na weekend things?
Well I spoke with the rider, he himself dey shocked with the total fare. Though he promised to respond pending bolt response.
Bolt later sent 3600 to me. Meanwhile, I dey owe them almost 3000. This was last week sef. The balance eh grin
Anyways, I never dey road almost 2wks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:36am On Nov 27, 2021
mejai:

Update:
No response yet. Abi na weekend things?
Well I spoke with the rider, he himself dey shocked with the total fare. Though he promised to respond pending bolt response.

Don't waste your time. They will not do anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felakezman(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2021
Good afternoon.. Am new on bolt.. Oweing bolt 5k..is this a reason why i have not gotten any request today.. Pls help reply
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2021
peeps4u:
Thought they said MB doesn't have fake/Chinese parts like toyota/Honda, reason why MBs less frequently visit mechamics than toyota and co?

China plenty o bros... Notin Nigerians can't dogrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Menh... Shey I go still fit work today so after eating mama Ada plantain 250. Poteto 150, bean 100 and pkomo 100. She then garnished it with otazi leave, onion sorch and fried native stew.

Whi dey folarin street, mushin should come now... Will be outta here in 5mingrin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4273) (4274) (4275) (4276) (4277) (4278) (4279) ... (5725) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.