Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4908356 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) (4680) ... (5725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 10:59am On May 10, 2022
northbird:

There are 2 oil seals for a corrolla. There's one by the pulley, and there's a back one between the gear and the engine (flywheel).

He probably meant bringing down the gear. and not the engine. Anyways, it's a more tasking seal (back one) to replace.
..thanks for de clarification
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 11:07am On May 10, 2022
Crvrider:

Maybe the angle the picture was taken has the perspective a bit altered. But bro believe me when I tell you it's an 1/2" inch. I saw a 3/8" there but will get that at a later time

EDIT
1/2" breaker bar ratchet...I don't think they come that expensive. What I am talking about are impact sockets not the chrome ones.

Cool.... the impact sockets are for the impact drills, no need to get the sockets if you don't have the drill, just my thinking.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stoiclala: 11:54am On May 10, 2022
@Lush100
I thank God for your life. May the good Lord heal you.
I was also involved in a tragic accident on Sunday when coming from Abeokuta. I can't explain how it happened whether I dozed or it was the front drivers side tire(i noticed it was down when the car was turned over) but I lost control and when I tried avoiding veering off the road, the car summersault 2 times.
All four of us(me,my mum and 2 brothers) had to crawl out underneath the car. It was amazing, surprising and a miracle that none of us had a single injury.
All I can do is thank God
Alhamdulillah.
The car body was badly damaged. the windshield gone, top of car badly pressed, side mirror gone and one side of the car was badly spoilt. We had to beg people to help turn the car over.

I'm so grateful to God for sparing our lives. It still feels like a film and I still can't believe I could have been dead in just a Twinkle of an eye.
God is really merciful.
All I can say is prayer and fasting works alot.
I'm a testifier of God's mercy and grace.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2022
ReadaDream:
Na them Sabi. I kind of enjoy the freedom Indriver gives.

No completion rate
No acceptance rate
No driver score.

Just bid for a ride you are comfortable with. Unlike Bolt that throws anything at you and expect you to take it.e.g Driving out at 430am this morning, I went online on Bolt, the first ride that came was heading to AJANGBADI Market.... On a Monday morning! What business do I have there cheesy

I don uninstall the app till further notice.

Lol... Just like thatgrin you dey quick vex like that? grin

But come to think of it, its not funny at all.
Yet they claim drivers are independent contractors.

Well, I don't blame them shall rather I blame our government

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2022
Crvrider:

I was only considering how much you spent so far with regards how much a new one would cost.

I have a deal for a CRV 05 nothing to fix for 1.5m... I was thinking... Is this the tyoe you use? Like how many trips do you complete weekly take for instance you seriously want to work?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2022
obinoral1179:
Go and buy redmi phones they have stronger screen...it's gorrila they are using...

How much for new one?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2022
Felicity001:

How much for new one?
you can check the price below though it might have changed a little

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 10, 2022
Felicity0001:

Thank God for safe trip to and fro bro... We bless God.

Me I just entered house few minutes ago... I lost one of my tires on 3MD on my way home at adeniji junction... Na now I know watin izzuo dey try talk all those while. Those adeniji boys are the real hoodlum. My rider (female) had to to path ways with 3k, the boys said I'll pay them 9k but she negotiated with them at 4k and asked me to add 1k to it... Poor megrin all my riders did tf all tru so I was having just 350box on me... Omo... They took my expensive Dunlop palms oh... One even threaten to burst my glass if i don't leave immediately... Though na them help me change the tire.

It wasn't a funny experiemce at all.

Thank God no one was hurt shall.

The only path that pained me the most was that my phone that i just fixed last week broke again as I was trying to show them I'm a bolt driver they shouldn't look at my car to judge me o... Along the process na so the phone slide fall for my hands. The thing pain me shall.

And once rhe screen is broken it will only take some day b4 it starts misbehaving again so I'll have to spend another 20k on it again.

Sorry for the ordeal bruv.

Same thing happened to me on that Third Mainland Bridge a few weeks ago. Lost one of my tires on my way to the mainland, in the middle of that bridge.

Those boys showed up in an instant from no where, they changed the tire anyways, gave them 2k and left. I didn't envisage trouble when they showed up though. The accident itself was what got me thinking that it could have been a lot worse. Thank God anyways.

Cheers Mr. Feli
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by repairpalng: 12:49pm On May 10, 2022
northbird:

Huawei Y6 nko?

2019?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:29pm On May 10, 2022
Felicity001:

I have a deal for a CRV 05 nothing to fix for 1.5m... I was thinking... Is this the tyoe you use? Like how many trips do you complete weekly take for instance you seriously want to work?

You aren't asking the right questions.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:40pm On May 10, 2022
Felicity001:

Yes this is the type I use and yours is quite clean. But the truth is I don't do this hustle seriously since i still have a 9-5. But like I said in my earlier post, I strive to do 10k if at all I hit the road.

My m.o usually is I look for a long trip from my area to the island and then do short trips within the island after which I look for a long trip back to the mainland.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 2:55pm On May 10, 2022
My Ogas, please guide me on how to upload my bolt inspection report.
Note: ive done registration since january and never driven on the platform
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 3:24pm On May 10, 2022
Crvrider:

Yes this is the type I use and yours is quite clean. But the truth is I don't do this hustle seriously since i still have a 9-5. But like I said in my earlier post, I strive to do 10k if at all I hit the road.

My m.o usually is I look for a long trip from my area to the island and then do short trips within the island after which I look for a long trip back to the mainland.
10k net with how much fuel?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2022
stephenponti:

I can do virtually any mechanical work in my car DIY, I have almost all sockets, spanners.
I have rebuilt Golf 3 Engine years Ago and drove the car extra year before selling it. (I watched the video process for 3 weeks), i also have a good keen interest in mechanical work each time i visits mechanics workshops.
The only thing i do at idle time with data is watch YouTube auto repair videos.

Car minor Wiring systems ie Fan, lights etc also is an ice cake for me.

when i lost car remote camry 03 i just bought another remote, downloaded the remote program manual read it over and over and viola i added the remote perfectly.

Steering rack, power steering, water pump, all oil seals on a V6 03 fix is also in my CV.

Bolt joint, tie-rod linkages are ice cake. Since i discovered they refill shock absolver and resell as tokumbo at ladipo all i do is drive the car to ladipo lose the shock enter market repair and reinstall and viola it serves another 8month+

Last week Ac compressor bearing started a grinding noise, after watching the repair videos, i drove it to ladipo, loosed the compressor, took it to inside Ac parts market they changed the compressor bearing & oilseal @5k i reinstalled the compressor, refiled the gas(2small cans of 290g snow Gas 4400k) oil (600) i ve had the refill hose and adapter for 6years.

So you can imagine how much i have saved in DIY.

But sometimes like last Saturday i just we t to a mech and have him change my oil & filter because i wasn't in the mood to stress my self.

U don min it!! Guy!! What are you waiting for?? Go open a workshop na
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 3:35pm On May 10, 2022
Kai! Lagos get some kind funny names wey dey sound like Yoruba movie title.

Otasunmi street, this one dey for ejigbo.
Kosegbe street, this one dey for Ipaja.
Esugbayi street, this one dey for Ikeja GRA.

Anyone notice say most of these slay queens that stay in face me I slap you, would put a fine house number as their pick up. You go dey wait for the house expecting the rider to come out from the house, only for someone to show up from behind knocking on your window signalling you that they are the one.
Or when you want to drop them, them go say make you stop at one of the fine buildings on that street, only for you to notice while trying to reverse or when you look at you rear or side mirror, you go see say na another building them go hurriedly enter.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 3:36pm On May 10, 2022
sandammy:
My Ogas, please guide me on how to upload my bolt inspection report.
Note: ive done registration since january and never driven on the platform
Abeg make una help me o. This app is not understanding me o.
No option for Inspection report upload.
Those exterior and interior, i just upload the inspection report there

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 3:59pm On May 10, 2022
sandammy:

You need to upload the document from your driver's portal and not from the app.
I usually do that from a laptop.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:03pm On May 10, 2022
Pearl1910:

Lolz...he knows what he just did doesn't have guarantee na

OK.... I won't say anything
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:03pm On May 10, 2022
ReadaDream:
Drop Lagos location... tongue

We only have one location at Abuja grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:05pm On May 10, 2022
Felicity001:

Lol... Just like thatgrin you dey quick vex like that? grin

But come to think of it, its not funny at all.
Yet they claim drivers are independent contractors.

Well, I don't blame them shall rather I blame our government
They are mad nah. Why I no go vex.

They woke up and chose violence grin

Thank God for other options, naso person for they jobless for one month.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2022
pope191:

We only have one location at Abuja grin
Any Civic I see for road, i go they kiss the bumper, if the owner comes down... I'll ask 'are you pope?' grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2022
confusedworld17:

You need to upload the document from your driver's portal and not from the app.
I usually do that from a laptop.
Its samething that its showing me even on thw web
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2022
Ghost1994:

Na why I been Dey tell him say make himself inspect his vehicle very well to be sure of what to do.

It’s easier to direct mechanic on what to do rather than guess works

Ha!! Me i can't DIY at this time with my current ride oh because its just barely 8 months I started using a new brand. At this moment in still learning from my mechanics i can't come and kill myself.

DIY is best with old wife not with a tear rubber wife. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:08pm On May 10, 2022
Baker77:
10k net with how much fuel?

2k fuel gives me 6k-7k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 5:43pm On May 10, 2022
Good evening my NFS ogas. Been ages I posted on this thread.

I need your advice please.

I want to replace the radiator of my camry 2001. I was told I have to get a new one, but a friend stated that the tokunbo is better, what's your take?

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2022
Stoiclala:
@Lush100
I thank God for your life. May the good Lord heal you.
I was also involved in a tragic accident on Sunday when coming from Abeokuta. I can't explain how it happened whether I dozed or it was the front drivers side tire(i noticed it was down when the car was turned over) but I lost control and when I tried avoiding veering off the road, the car summersault 2 times.
All four of us(me,my mum and 2 brothers) had to crawl out underneath the car. It was amazing, surprising and a miracle that none of us had a single injury.
All I can do is thank God
Alhamdulillah.
The car body was badly damaged. the windshield gone, top of car badly pressed, side mirror gone and one side of the car was badly spoilt. We had to beg people to help turn the car over.

I'm so grateful to God for sparing our lives. It still feels like a film and I still can't believe I could have been dead in just a Twinkle of an eye.
God is really merciful.
All I can say is prayer and fasting works alot.
I'm a testifier of God's mercy and grace.

Hmm... Thank God for safety
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 5:54pm On May 10, 2022
Oh boy, Lagos State dey vex o, I was captured by camera February last year for expired car licences, RWC and Insurance where still valid. and fined 20k via text msg. I actually renewed the next day though. I just tried to renew my RWC and that fine has been reflected and I have to pay before my car will be inspected and issued a new RWC. Omo I just weak, which means i was even lucky to renew the RWC this time last year with no issues.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2022
Felicity001:

U don min it!! Guy!! What are you waiting for?? Go open a workshop na

i have heard the statement many times from people. but my mind never carry am.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:05pm On May 10, 2022
sandammy:

They haven't requested for Inspection report yet.
Interior photo and exterior photo of the car is self explanatory now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:08pm On May 10, 2022
Crvrider:

2k fuel gives me 6k-7k

Wawu
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 6:12pm On May 10, 2022
Pearl1910:

They haven't requested for Inspection report yet.
Interior photo and exterior photo of the car is self explanatory now.
I have previously provided those during registration in January. After the first week of my registration, anytime i attempt to go online, this is what they always show me.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:12pm On May 10, 2022
sofdoc1:
Good evening my NFS ogas. Been ages I posted on this thread.

I need your advice please.

I want to replace the radiator of my camry 2001. I was told I have to get a new one, but a friend stated that the tokunbo is better, what's your take?

Thanks.

Go for a brand new one.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) (4680) ... (5725) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.