Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,425 members, 7,947,757 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5080633 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) ... (5789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:02am On Jun 18
OralB:

Lmao!
70k? I'm not saying it's feasible to earn this much day to day but on that Sunday that doubles as Sallah day, lmao. I made over 70k and I returned home around 9 PM because bolt doesn't give out jobs to dispatchers from 8 PM for reasons I don't know and I can't work with Uber alone since it pays peanut so I had to return home after I ended the last job I took before 8. If I wanted to work extra hours, I could easily make 100k because orders were crazy.
Attached is a screenshot of my earning in May even as there wasn't surge and as I did plenty offline trips too. Mind you, I pick jobs from Uber and indrive to compliment every long delivery which means this is just a normal month earning on bolt alone (mind you, I didn't work 31 straight days and there were days I just did one trip and returned home).
Dispatching no be wetin una think o. cheesy

I dey go buy power bike for dispatch... lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:44am On Jun 18
Dispatch guys make serious money on a low key. Esp guys with their own bikes.. multiple deliveries on a particular route.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 2:43am On Jun 18
OralB:

Lmao!
70k? I'm not saying it's feasible to earn this much day to day but on that Sunday that doubles as Sallah day, lmao. I made over 70k and I returned home around 9 PM because bolt doesn't give out jobs to dispatchers from 8 PM for reasons I don't know and I can't work with Uber alone since it pays peanut so I had to return home after I ended the last job I took before 8. If I wanted to work extra hours, I could easily make 100k because orders were crazy.
Attached is a screenshot of my earning in May even as there wasn't surge and as I did plenty offline trips too. Mind you, I pick jobs from Uber and indrive to compliment every long delivery which means this is just a normal month earning on bolt alone (mind you, I didn't work 31 straight days and there were days I just did one trip and returned home).

I love this new insight!!!! The kind of content i sign up for .....Never knew those guys made as much as this fa...Let me start reading up on it!!!! Initial capital will be much lower compare to the other one..One huge adv.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:42am On Jun 18
dapotemi:

I love this new insight!!!! The kind of content i sign up for .....Never knew those guys made as much as this fa...Let me start reading up on it!!!! Initial capital will be much lower compare to the other one..One huge adv.

My younger cousin has 2 bikes. He started with one. He rides one and gave one out. He lives in a 3 bed apart, with wife and a child. He's not doing badly at all. Those guys dey make good money...... especially those who own it and do the hustle themselves

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:13am On Jun 18
OralB:

Lmao!

Attached is a screenshot of my earning in May

I miss this old display. It helped me to challenge myself, when I try to make a higher graph each new day and I can see my weekly or monthly performance at a glance.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:49am On Jun 18
Pearl1910:

I miss this old display. It helped me to challenge myself, when I try to make a higher graph each new day and I can see my weekly or monthly performance at a glance.

Same here, old interface was so friendly and easy to understand but this new interface nah to dey carry calculator begin dey calculate

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:52am On Jun 18
dapotemi:

They are making money, and their full tank can go a whole day....

I once ordered one from mushin to VGC for 7500, imagine that and car will go from mushin to VGC for 10k....

If not because of fear of accident, I for just reason to buy power bike for like 3m and hit the road...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:12pm On Jun 18
Omoapena:

Same here, old interface was so friendly and easy to understand but this new interface nah to dey carry calculator begin dey calculate

I swear, even me self, sometimes I they feel them dey gba us for that commission calculation. After that day is over u can't see your gross again. So we can't see and confirm if the deductions are accurate.
Although they are accurate o but I like to see everything at a glance

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18
OralB:

Lmao!
So una dey make this kind money and run away when you break car side glass grin grin... Abeg emphasize is not week in week out before someone will go get bike and come here with stories ooo... This is really a good one and good info anyway. Make I quickly go buy power bike grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:44pm On Jun 18
SHOOPSYN:

So una dey make this kind money and run away when you break car side glass grin grin... Abeg emphasize is not week in week out before someone will go get bike and come here with stories ooo... This is really a good one and good info anyway. Make I quickly go buy power bike grin

Lolz... That's what came to my mind too o.
If they break ur mirror, them go japa grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18
So, scammers these days have a new trick. I almost fell for it and almost lost 50,000 naira. Here's how they operate:

they post items on Facebook or other platforms with a "pay on delivery" option. When you inquire about the item, they'll ask for your number, delivery address and ask if you are available to receive it. Then, a dispatch rider will call you to deliver the item. The scammer will stay in touch to make sure the rider reaches you. When the rider arrives, they'll ask you to pay them directly instead of the dispatch rider & If you make the mistake of paying the person that posted the advert on Facebook or anyother platform, you've been scammed successfully...

Pls becareful out there

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:38pm On Jun 18
Omoapena:
So, scammers these days have a new trick. I almost fell for it and almost lost 50,000 naira. Here's how they operate:

they post items on Facebook or other platforms with a "pay on delivery" option. When you inquire about the item, they'll ask for your number, delivery address and ask if you are available to receive it. Then, a dispatch rider will call you to deliver the item. The scammer will stay in touch to make sure the rider reaches you. When the rider arrives, they'll ask you to pay them directly instead of the dispatch rider & If you make the mistake of paying the person that posted the advert on Facebook or anyother platform, you've been scammed successfully...

Pls becareful out there

I don't understand this part of their scam. Shebi if I pay the guy that posted the advert online, the dispatch rider in my front on his bike is supposed to give me the item for sale which I wanted to buy WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE INSIDE HIS BIKE BOX abi? Will he zoom off? Or is he unaware of the scam?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:53pm On Jun 18
Conner44:

I don't understand this part of their scam. Shebi if I pay the guy that posted the advert online, the dispatch rider in my front on his bike is supposed to give me the item for sale which I wanted to buy WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE INSIDE HIS BIKE BOX abi? Will he zoom off? Or is he unaware of the scam?

Let me explain properly, the scammer will disguise as the owner of the item to you, so when you order from him, he will order from the right seller and tell the right seller someone will receive the item on his behalf and then give the right seller your number to call when he gets to the delivery address.

So, to you, you will feel the scammer is the owner of the item and he's sending dispatch just to deliver and when the dispatch gets to you, he (scammer) will ask you to pay him so he can instruct the rider to give you the item but once you pay the scammer, you and the dispatch will start arguing cox the rider will call the real owner and the real owner will tell rider he hasn't received any payment and he shouldn't give you the item.

The only period you will realize you have been scammed is when rider ask you for whose account did you credit...

The rider is unaware too

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:07am On Jun 19
Omoapena:

Let me explain properly, the scammer will disguise as the owner of the item to you, so when you order from him, he will order from the right seller and tell the right seller someone will receive the item on his behalf and then give the right seller your number to call when he gets to the delivery address.

So, to you, you will feel the scammer is the owner of the item and he's sending dispatch just to deliver and when the dispatch gets to you, he (scammer) will ask you to pay him so he can instruct the rider to give you the item but once you pay the scammer, you and the dispatch will start arguing cox the rider will call the real owner and the real owner will tell rider he hasn't received any payment and he shouldn't give you the item.

The only period you will realize you have been scammed is when rider ask you for whose account did you credit...

The rider is unaware too

Wahala ma sele… dispatch rider ma loose bike
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:13am On Jun 19
pope191:

Wahala ma sele… dispatch rider ma loose bike

🤣🤣🤣

Nah God just save me, na so I for lost 50k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 5:35am On Jun 19
[quote author=Omoapena post=130546868]

🤣🤣🤣

Nah God just save me, na so I for lost 50k[/quote

I will hold him as part of the syndicate, apparently they have been running things together before this unfortunate one, olopa ma ko everybody
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 6:46am On Jun 19
[quote author=sunnymighty post=130547834][/quote]

They are not, infact, he's not aware of the scam.

That scammer also order the goods from him, and the dispatch own is to bring the item and that's why I like paying to whoever is bringing the item and not someone I didn't see...

If I have paid the person that posted the ads, my money is gone o

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19
[quote author=sunnymighty post=130547834][/quote]

They are everywhere online, even do it to those who wants to buy car.
He will tell you his agent or car dealer is with the car, once you get there he will tell the real owner to attend to his client but she should not discuss anything with him.
Then he will tell the buyer not to disclose the price he gave you to the guy you met on ground because he will be angry if he gets to find out he is giving a price far lower than what he gave him to sell the car, you will be carried away with the joy of getting the car cheaper.
He will tell you to test drive and pay if you're satisfied and once you pay to him his number won't go again, then you will start telling the guy u met on ground to release the car to you that you have paid.
That's where the confusion starts because he will tell you he doesn't know the person ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emadamysy: 3:21pm On Jun 19
Gentlelife50:

He will tell you his agent or car dealer is with the car, once you get there he will tell the real owner to attend to his client but she should not discuss anything with him.
Then he will tell the buyer not to disclose the price he gave you to the guy you met on ground because he will be angry if he gets to find out he is giving a price far lower than what he gave him to sell the car, you will be carried away with the joy of getting the car cheaper.
He will tell you to test drive and pay if you're satisfied and once you pay to him his number won't go again, then you will start telling the guy u met on ground to release the car to you that you have paid.
That's where the confusion starts because he will tell you he doesn't know the person ooo

This scam don reach everywhere. It happened to someone that we all belonged to the same group. He wanted to sell his device on FB marketplace. someone reach out and this same scenario was what played out. The buyer transferred to someone he never met but did the linking and the guy in my group also did not even know this person.
Na Police settle the matter las las
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:39pm On Jun 19
emadamysy:

This scam don reach everywhere. It happened to someone that we all belonged to the same group. He wanted to sell his device on FB marketplace. someone reach out and this same scenario was what played out. The buyer transferred to someone he never met but did the linking and the guy in my group also did not even know this person.
Na Police settle the matter las las

Yes ooo, they nearly scammed me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ambitious27: 12:04am On Jun 20
Hi guys, I urgently need the service of a driver with access to large vehicle (space bus or anything large)to move some food items from iyana ipaja to council today (Thursday) around 3pm.

If you’re available kindly reach me on WhatsApp by TEXT on 0,9,0,4,3,1,1,3,9,9,6

If you have a car that can go twice as well you can reach me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 9:48am On Jun 20
Good day to you all,
Pls where is bolt inspection center around Oregun, I know it's around opebi under bridge before
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20
Pilots.

I'm currently in ado ekiti, brought one of my offline client and we bargained 200k, from Thursday to Saturday.

Is that amount fair coz to me, the journey too far for that amount...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20
Gentlelife50:

This is the reason why I don't make payment to people not presence at the deal location but people can actually fall for this scam.

And some foolish people somewhere are justifying these yahoo people...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:45pm On Jun 20
Omoapena:
Pilots.

I'm currently in ado ekiti, brought one of my offline client and we bargained 200k, from Thursday to Saturday.

Is that amount fair coz to me, the journey too far for that amount...
After you don reach Ekiti.. lol

Well you didn't charge well. Who's paying for your accommodation and feeding?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20
ReadaDream:
After you don reach Ekiti.. lol

Well you didn't charge well. Who's paying for your accommodation and feeding?

Na mistake wey I do be this, I'm responsible for my accommodation n feeding
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20
Omoapena:

Too too por, you buy fuel sort your feeding and accommodation on top the risks and the flogging your baby will pass through.
Call for regonatiation ASAP.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20
Gentlelife50:

Too too por, you buy fuel sort your feeding and accommodation on top the risks and the flogging your baby will pass through.
Call for regonatiation ASAP.

I wan tell her make she put 50k cox she still dey carry me around for here and tomorrow still dey again...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:39pm On Jun 20
Omoapena:

Too low, not gonna lie. If you can still ask for more, go ahead, maybe extra 50k.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20
ReadaDream:
Too low, not gonna lie. If you can still ask for more, go ahead, maybe extra 50k.

I go ask her o, coz the risk is damn much and I picked her up from sangotedo from ilupeju

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20
Omoapena:

I go ask her o, coz the risk is damn much and I picked her up from sangotedo from ilupeju
I can understand say you no think am well before you embarked on the trip. Hopefully she agrees to top up.

Stay safe boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:27pm On Jun 20
Omoapena:

You for ask comrades here before you guys finalise.. Ekiti is far bro..

Most inter City riders don't like paying. I usually shun such offers most times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5719) (5720) (5721) (5722) (5723) (5724) (5725) ... (5789) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: izzou(m), GodWealthDbest, Mewales and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.