Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) (1510 Views)

Why My Father Is Not Aware Of Poor State Of Aso Rock Clinic –zahra / Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads / Bayo Omoboriowo Eating On Lagos Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
About six weeks ago I travelled from Ilorin to Offa on this road and I felt so bad.
Offa is the second biggest town in Kwara state and this stretch of federal road is only next in traffic volume to the Ilorin - Ogbomoso - Ibadan expressway.
Many people clamoured for the repair of this road when Sen. Bukola Saraki was governor and the reply was always that it was a federal government road. Some people felt Offa people were being persecuted for being ACN when the ruling government was PDP but I think we should not go into Kwara politics now.
Usually I sleep when travelling on roads I know too well as there are few exciting distractions but I could not sleep on this journey. So out of boredom I took my phone, stretched my hands out of the window and took some pictures. The people in my bus just laughed at me and other motorists just looked at me possibly trying to figure out what I was doing. Luckily it had not rained for some days and so my hands were fairly steady.
I have been busy for the past few weeks but now that I have some time I will post the pictures. Who knows what good it can bring!

Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
There are people who work or do business in Ilorin and live in Offa and vice versa. We cannot talk about the economic liberation of Kwara state without the repair of this road coming into the picture.

Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by amii131(f): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
This one na better road sef
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Why can't the whole road from Ilorin to Osogbo be like the Kaduna to Kano Expressway? Kwara is such an old state and surely deserves better.

Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
More pictures

Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2015
Lalasticlala please do this for Kwarans.

Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by skelewu404(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2015
Nigeria is cursed...cursed with bad leadership. 35 yrs these northern demons have ruled us and we still have nothing to show for it. Why the south still voted in the north is beyond me

..35 years
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Richiez(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Things will get better
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2015
See neat road wen OP dey complain about. Come see PH-Owerri Road and you go faint
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2015
liberty300:
Nigeria is cursed...cursed with bad leadership. 35 yrs these northern demons have ruled us and we still have nothing to show for it. Why the south still voted in the north is beyond me

..35 years
Kwara is in the North. That is not the discussion here.
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2015
Richiez:
Things will get better
Only if we try. Kwarans need to speak up.
Re: The Poor State Of The Ilorin - Offa Road (photos) by Chartey(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2015
SouthernBreeze:
See neat road wen OP dey complain about. Come see PH-Owerri Road and you go faint
Na because rain no fall for like one week na im make. If rain fall e dey be like Road to hell. Na only that Jebba - Mokwa I don see wey bad pass am.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKER!!! Nigerian Economy In SERIOUS MESS!!! / Open Letter To World Leaders On Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu / Femi Fani-kayode Block Twitter Account. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.