Stats: 3,176,342 members, 7,897,522 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 03:28 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (868903 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Mumof2boys:

Oh ok. Carry on! smiley

But it's just hospital prices I posted, I saw people do it so I thought it's no problem doing dat.

All d same Sha... No wahala
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mumof2boys(f): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
MayMaj:

But it's just hospital prices I posted, I saw people do it so I thought it's no problem doing dat.

All d same Sha... No wahala

Ive also seen people post such info but what do i know? Na jjc i be. Maybe you arent allowed to post hospital names because ho-ha i have seen people post hospital prices.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
@Justwise

Meehn ur indifference is priceless I must say. ... 
Nice 

To add to the above. ...
I think u may need to layout the new set o' rules because apparently they are changing and more stringent given ur reviewed policy on hospital advert. 

It's becoming tighter and harder to post new areas (obgyn n hospitals alike) of interest. 

Perhaps there's need to balance the policy such that we all don't queue to the handful of coys that have been informed enough to satisfy ur advert requirements

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
I got help here when I needed it, so I don't see a problem posting about prices I have found in order to make intending travellers make decisions on some place, or even consider to use it...

When it's cheap it's cheap and when it's expensive it's expensive so why can't I say it?

Haba, try and be considerate ooo

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
olokings:
@Justwise

Meehn ur indifference is priceless I must say. ... 
Nice 

To add to the above. ...
I think u may need to layout the new set o' rules because apparently they are changing and more stringent given ur reviewed policy on hospital advert. 

It's becoming tighter and harder to post new areas (obgyn n hospitals alike) of interest. 

Perhaps there's need to balance the policy such that we all don't queue to the handful of coys that have been informed enough to satisfy ur advert requirements

There is no need for another set of rules we have 22 already here....only if some people can be a little bit considerate and stop acting as an advertising agent for some hospitals and Drs.

In part 1 and beginning of part 2 people share any info here freely I only restrict hospitals from doing in-thread ad but as many hospitals started paying to place ad here it's only fair to stop members directly or indirectly posting materials here that could be considered as an ad.

I also know that certain individuals here purposely advertise for certain Drs and property agencies in the name of 'giving back'.

There are enough info here for anybody who cares to read back about hospitals or POE experiences
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
Justwise, I do understand you have got to do what you have to do. The admin has to make money through ads but I think the rules are becoming too stringent. It's almost like people can't post relevant info regarding hospitals and doctors any more.

This is supposed to be a DIY thread but these rules seem to be encouraging 'agency' patronage, don't you think? Part one was very successful because we had the freedom to share info openly.

Just saying. . .

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
justwise:

There is no need for another set of rules we have 22 already here....only if some people can be a little bit considerate and stop acting as an advertising agent for some hospitals and Drs.

In part 1 and beginning of part 2 people share any info here freely I only restrict hospitals from doing in-thread ad but as many hospitals started paying to place ad here it's only fair to stop members directly or indirectly posting materials here that could be considered as an ad.

I also know that certain individuals here purposely advertise for certain Drs and property agencies in the name of 'giving back'.

There are enough info here for anybody who cares to read back about hospitals or POE experiences

Just seeing this.

But, how about discouraging only posts about hospitals/drs in same location as the ones that have bought land on this page? Fair deal? wink

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Seconded. ....
U sound like a professional negotiator. ... grin

Phema:

Just seeing this.

But, how about discouraging only posts about hospitals/drs in same location as the ones that have bought land on this page? Fair deal? wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
So what are the rules on posting in hospitals here?

I've read through the site and haven't posted. I tried to respond to someone's query about hospitals and realised my posts kept getting deleted.

Not sure what was wrong with my posts. I've seen very similar posts here and that's how i got information that allowed us make our plans..

How is one able to help others if you can't post vital information that others need?

Is it only a certain group of people that are allowed to post hospital details? What are the rules?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
@ justwise.. I wasn't trying to promote any hospital as I have no business with them but only for d fact dat we are trying to get affordable or gud deals...

I mean it's worth considering if hospital A collects 8900 as bill while hospital B collects 3800..

Bear in mind that both hospital A AND B are in same location.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
MayMaj:
@ justwise.. I wasn't trying to promote any hospital as I have no business with them but only for d fact dat we are trying to get affordable or gud deals...

I mean it's worth considering if hospital A collects 8900 as bill while hospital B collects 3800..

Bear in mind that both hospital A AND B are in same location.

I never accused you of that.

Actually that will not help a lot of expecting mums. A lot of expensive hospitals today used to be cheap/affordable but as soon as their names are mentioned here and people started contacting them they raise their prices and even charge for Dr's letter.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
Meaning no sharing of new affordable hospital locations, prices etc hmm....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
I think I also understand how difficult the job is for @justwise but he should also consider how restrictive its becoming for peeps to post on this forum. If we can't post ordinary doc/hospital details and cost here for comparison, then how are we helping others... very soon even poe & visa interviews will be off-limit. (as soon as poe's & individual consulates start advertising grin)
@justwise; remember that advertisers are coming for this page becos of the number of visits/page views it gets and people would stop visiting if there is no more information for them to gain here or to share thereby also affecting the advertising....

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MayMaj(f): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
justwise:

I never accused you of that.

Actually that will not help a lot of expecting mums. A lot of expensive hospitals today used to be cheap/affordable but as soon as their names are mentioned here and people started contacting them they raise their prices and even charge for Dr's letter.

I guess dats a point you are making.. Correction will be taken.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2015
I'm just here laughing kikikikikikikikikiI
I like Phema's suggestion

Normally if u r followin, You'll know d Hospital someone here is using. When the person comes to drop the cost breakdown you'll automatically know.

Some of the cost breakdown we see here especially recently isn't news. So if you have thoroughly researched you Won't comman b dropping same "Stale" breakdown.. But then it's good becos ghost newbies come out of hiding and start asking questions... Lol... And then disappear again kikikikikikikikiki

My suggestion is
we can switch to I used this and this Hospital.. Will share my cost breakdown later. Therefore it's not in one post. Lol...
The thing is even 3 pages back people don't wanna read.... They'll still comman ask "what Hospital is that"
Shior "a coba daba"... ( Hope i spelled it well) comman b putting sand in someone's garri

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
Mum2bee:
To God be the glory! My prince arrived on the 14th of October, baby and I are doing great! It was a normal delivery and I must say that it was favour all the way!

congrats to @mum2bee, @tobermom and @dovee on the birth of your LO's.

@tobermom, Your story really gladdens my heart..., You pulled thru after all the difficulty. God be praised.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by momanice: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
I got my visa using medical .
However someone assisted me to get an acceptance letter from a hospital which is quite expensive.

I tried reaching another hospital that is less expensive but was directed to zoc.doc where my appointment was confirmed. But when I emailed the less expensive hospital they gave me their standard prices and said I have to come there physically to pay and also call when I get to usa to book an appointment. Wilkl the evidence I have for the less expensive hospital suffice at poe. Also hope there will be no issue as I applied using an acceptance letter from the expensive hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
Or
I'm researching on this and this will share my experience later...

Then later ( I mean really later) u just drop d quotes without names grin grin grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
momanice:
I got my visa using medical .
However someone assisted me to get an acceptance letter from a hospital which is quite expensive.

I tried reaching another hospital that is less expensive but was directed to zoc.doc where my appointment was confirmed. But when I emailed the less expensive hospital they gave me their standard prices and said I have to come there physically to pay and also call when I get to usa to book an appointment. Wilkl the evidence I have for the less expensive hospital suffice at poe. Also hope there will be no issue as I applied using an acceptance letter from the expensive hospital
I don't really get you

Is it that u wanna show acceptance letter of one Hospital and then quote of another Hospital.

Or is it that u presented the acceptance letter to the vo and then now u wanna use another Hospital at the poe?

Pls share ur visa interview so we can benefit...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Shawlar and Olokings hi... New dad vs old dad. Kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
419er. grin grin cheesy

Trying to use Da Vinci clues abi. ..is it some of the boss ladies that
are conglomerating against reading far back pages that you want to automatically become Sherlock Holmes?....
Huhn huhn .... u ain't making no Nancy Drew outta missy mehn. ..

firsttymum:
Or
I'm researching on this and this will share my experience later...

Then later ( I mean really later) u just drop d quotes without names grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
So I just tried to purchase something with my naira card online I cldnt... What are ur suggestions pls. Aside withdrawing and depositing in my American card. I know on amazon it's not an issue but these American stores en...

Ozycy
Phema
Olokings
Shawlar
Ladyguinivere
Anonymousmum
Financefitness
Nasadiva
Everyone on this thread lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
No lemme catch u there ooh. ....

Hey lieutenant..... throw this articulated mum to be for a cool off in the brig.!!! . cool

firsttymum:
Shawlar and Olokings hi... New dad vs old dad. Kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
olokings:
419er. grin grin cheesy

Trying to use Da Vinci clues abi. ..is it some of the boss ladies that
are conglomerating against reading far back pages that you want to automatically become Sherlock Holmes?....
Huhn huhn .... u ain't making no Nancy Drew outta missy mehn. ..

but agree that's a very good solution. When they ask and ask no one answers they will go and read back... Because we can't suffer because someone wants to b fed. Me I'm campaigning like this because of my other missionary journeys o...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
anizi:
By the way please, for those who used Oakbend, did you all get a bill from brown&brown, because till today (months after delivery) i have not received any bill from them oh. I only got babys bill.

feddy27:

Congrats dear. You will need to call them or send an email to jennifer.torres@medarms.com. She sent my zero balance to me, I made payment over the phone.

chai.. I got both (mother & child's) bill from them by post after like 2weeks and I paid both online but I'm yet to get zero balance. Let me fire off a mail to the jennifer torres sef.. However, I didn't get any bill from the anesthesiologists oh. I called them like 3/4 times but they said my wife's name/details was not in their system. Anyone with the same experience..??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
olokings:

Hey lieutenant..... throw this articulated mum to be for a cool off in the brig.!!! . cool

consider my protruding tommy sir... I can't even stand at attention again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
shawlar:

chai.. I got both (mother & child's) bill from them by post after like 2weeks and I paid both online but I'm yet to get zero balance. Let me fire off a mail to the jennifer torres sef
waiting on this update
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
It's a gamble. ..
Some sites are naija card friendly, others not so much thus u get cancelled orders on failed authentication with ur financial institution. ...

That's why u gotta keep a lot o' options. ..it's not really ur card. ...it's just break in communication btw the store and ur financial institution I think. ...

firsttymum:
So I just tried to purchase something with my naira card online I cldnt... What are ur suggestions pls. Aside withdrawing and depositing in my American card. I know on amazon it's not an issue but these American stores en...

Ozycy
Phema
Olokings
Shawlar
Ladyguinivere
Anonymousmum
Financefitness
Nasadiva
Everyone on this thread lol

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shanaka29: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
firsttymum:
why won't you? Is it that u don't av more than that for now or u don't like travelling with cash.

If u don't have more than that for now... Is risky cos it also means ur statement won't suffice and then if you r asked to prove u av cash ( a mother here had to sign into her account to prove she had money in her account) u won't b able to.

But if it's that u don't like to carry money... Then fine... These people know our PTA limit is 4k.. So print ur statements.. Raise d money with u to 4k. Nd b ready to prove u av Money in ur account.

Guess what there r people they don't even bother with what they have.. While there are some they stress a whole lot. At the end na God favor jare

Very poor management of my situation here oooo embarassed. I had an emergency few days ago and had to use a big part of my money.
Now i was hoping my last salary would pass before travel day but that's unlikely now.
I'm so stressed about the all situation. I have more then enough on my savings account but my checking account will be almost empty.
Do you think the saving statement will do the trick ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
olokings:

*wakes up 4rm slumber*

*rubs eyes* (this baby no dey allow man sleep again oh grin cheesy)

... Anyways, Shaun Sir....!! .....With immediate alacrity..!!! smiley

@firsttymum, u better co-operate - march this way

firsttymum:
consider my protruding tommy sir... I can't even stand at attention again

Just seen this..., okay, you can stand down...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Officer! !!....
Did I give you that order? ! angry

Now take that lady to the brig double-time. ...and check yourself in also. ..that will teach you not to delay my order in the future. ....

Now March! .... cool

shawlar:

*wakes up 4rm slumber*

*rubs eyes* (this baby no dey allow man sleep again oh grin cheesy)

... Anyways, Shaun Sir....!! .....With immediate alacrity..!!! smiley

@firsttymum, u better co-operate - march this way

Just seen this..., okay, you can stand down...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
shanaka29:

Very poor management of my situation here oooo embarassed. I had an emergency few days ago and had to use a big part of my money.
Now i was hoping my last salary would pass before travel day but that's unlikely now.
I'm so stressed about the all situation. I have more then enough on my savings account but my checking account will be almost empty.
Do you think the saving statement will do the trick ?
then withdraw from ur savings to top the 3k or simply just print out ur statement

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60