Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,772 members, 7,930,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:38 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (875150 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by momanice: 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks for your response firstymum.I used acceptance letter from expensive hospital for the vo. Now I want to change to a cheaper hospital and use that at poe. Though I intend to hold 10 thousand usd.I don't want any poe wahala as 10 thousand usd cannot match the expensive hospital I presented to vo. Will share visa story soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
firsttymum:
So I just tried to purchase something with my naira card online I cldnt... What are ur suggestions pls. Aside withdrawing and depositing in my American card. I know on amazon it's not an issue but these American stores en...

Everyone on this thread lol

I don't think there is any other way of doing it oh (i.e aside 4rm withdrawing & putting it into the American acct). A lot of sites don't even allow you to put in a Nigerian billing address - when you are filling in the billing address, you'll just see that its only the 52 American states that are available (in a drop down format) and there is no way to go round that. I also think its better to deposit money into the american card and use it to avoid sum1 hacking your naija card where all ur savings is at.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
olokings:
It's a gamble. ..
Some sites are naija card friendly, others not so much thus u get cancelled orders on failed authentication with ur financial institution. ...

That's why u gotta keep a lot o' options. ..it's not really ur card. ...it's just break in communication btw the store and ur financial institution I think. ...

bad news Chai...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
shawlar:

I don't think there is any other way of doing it oh (i.e aside 4rm withdrawing & putting it into the American acct). A lot of sites don't even allow you to put in a Nigerian billing address - when you are filling in the billing address, you'll just see that its only the 52 American states that are available (in a drop down format) and there is no way to go round that. I also think its better to deposit money into the american card and use it to avoid sum1 hacking your naija card where all ur savings is at.
I guess I don't have an option....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
momanice:
Thanks for your response firstymum.I used acceptance letter from expensive hospital for the vo. Now I want to change to a cheaper hospital and use that at poe. Though I intend to hold 10 thousand usd.I don't want any poe wahala as 10 thousand usd cannot match the expensive hospital I presented to vo. Will share visa story soon.
u don't have a problem then. Good luck.

Waiting for ur story
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
momanice:

there's no wahala jare... Just explain it to the CBP officer, i.e if asked... U might be lucky and they won't even check ur docs sef. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by momanice: 12:02am On Oct 25, 2015
I had my interview in Lagos. I initially wanted to apply using visit as my reason to travel. But I procrastinated till my tummy started shooting out and I could not get an early date. Luckily for me I met an old friend who encouraged me to read this thread and also to use medical. So I started gradually and found very useful information through searches on how to prepare for visa interview on this thread. Someone shared the questions she practiced with and I copied to my laptop and I got my cousin to act as the vo and we reviewed my responses to see if they were appropriate. During the interview,I was not asked any questions outside the ones I got here and I was fully prepared. Please see my next post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by momanice: 12:04am On Oct 25, 2015
Thanks Shawlar
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:10am On Oct 25, 2015
firsttymum:
bad news Chai...

What I usually do is use my host's address not naija address as billing address and it works. Used my skye on Walmart, carters, target even to top up my TMobile, used it for car rental etc
But once I opened my BOA, I only used my naija card at the tills. Any online purchase I used my BOA card.

Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:37am On Oct 25, 2015
bbaby84:

What I usually do is use my host's address not naija address as billing address and it works. Used my skye on Walmart, carters, target even to top up my TMobile, used it for car rental etc
But once I opened my BOA, I only used my naija card at the tills. Any online purchase I used my BOA card.

Good luck.
Ok thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 12:40am On Oct 25, 2015
Congrats

[Qquote author=DoVee post=39293835]To God be d glory, had my little princess on 12th oct thru a repeat CS at oakbend, Dr A was amazing,

Hospital bill 3500
Doc. 2300
Pediatrician + hearing test(3days) --702
Still waiting for bills frm brown n asst and for anesthetic
@Shawlar kindly email your contact for the ETC, thanks
Spicypinkett@yahoo.com[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 12:47am On Oct 25, 2015
dere5:

You chop liver o. Entering all mighty Houston Poe with less than $500 Cash only,or am i seeing double?

No ur not o, its all God o my dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Oyin15: 12:49am On Oct 25, 2015
Hi nairaland fam. Just wanted to share this info. On the issue of using our naija cards abroad, my hubby got a mail from standered chartered bank on a new cbn policy restricting the use of our cards in non EMV countries(something that has to do with the chip n pin mechanism of our cards) from October 25th cos of all d reports of fraud going on. So u can't use our naija cards except u inform the bank before travelling. So people hold your cash tight to avoid stories. Sorry for the long epistle

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bestnews: 1:05am On Oct 25, 2015
My Brother Shawlar,
How is your Wife and Baby? is your baby's ETC ready?
Still waiting for my baby's Passport
I will send you pm on our bills
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 1:07am On Oct 25, 2015
[if asked at ur poe u kld tell dem d cheaper one is more affordable for u.

1quote author=shawlar post=39331416]

there's no wahala jare... Just explain it to the CBP officer, i.e if asked... U might be lucky and they won't even check ur docs sef. All the best[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 1:10am On Oct 25, 2015
firsttymum:
Adebuble

God pass them... Congratulations jare... More good news as u wait for ur LO to come forth

Yes o God pass them, thank you appreciate. Amen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 1:11am On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=39321307] I'm sure she can prove the money in her card... Not a biggie [/quote

Had my bank statement printed out with me just in case I was asked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DoVee(f): 1:26am On Oct 25, 2015
&drfdee, send me a mail,will send her info to u

quote author=drfdee post=39332134]Congrats

[Qquote author=DoVee post=39293835]To God be d glory, had my little princess on 12th oct thru a repeat CS at oakbend, Dr A was amazing,

Hospital bill 3500
Doc. 2300
Pediatrician + hearing test(3days) --702
Still waiting for bills frm brown n asst and for anesthetic
@Shawlar kindly email your contact for the ETC, thanks
Spicypinkett@yahoo.com[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Those in Houston and Dallas... I'm sure u have gotten the flood alert...

Let's b alert and be careful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:28am On Oct 25, 2015
Drfdee and dovee

We just had some posts removed plus justwise complaining about quotes and hospitals being mentioned.

Modify ur posts pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 1:29am On Oct 25, 2015
shawlar:

chai.. I got both (mother & child's) bill from them by post after like 2weeks and I paid both online but I'm yet to get zero balance. Let me fire off a mail to the jennifer torres sef.. However, I didn't get any bill from the anesthesiologists oh. I called them like 3/4 times but they said my wife's name/details was not in their system. Anyone with the same experience..??
I got hospital bill which i paid the day i was discharged, few wks after i received babys bill by post and paid over the phone. I mailed the mentioned lady for my zero balance letter, which she sent to me, just that like i mentioned earlier no bill from brown & associate till date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 1:38am On Oct 25, 2015
MayMaj:
@ justwise.. I wasn't trying to promote any hospital as I have no business with them but only for d fact dat we are trying to get affordable or gud deals...

I mean it's worth considering if hospital A collects 8900 as bill while hospital B collects 3800..

Bear in mind that both hospital A AND B are in same location.

@MayMaj pls i would really love to see wat u posted as it concerns me a lot...my email addy is lildeeqd@yahoo.com..pls i woild really appreciate if u can send it to me...tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bbsy: 1:42am On Oct 25, 2015
Hi people,
Am in houston and planning on using Dr A but she's yet to reply my mail neither were they available on friday as i called her office all day.
Now my aunt is saying i should use a mid-wiferey or wifey..whatever.
Am just not sure how it works with them
As to how i get the baby Birth Cert and al and also ensure my baby is safe in their hands.
Please i need you advice and your opinion beautiful people.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by momanice: 1:49am On Oct 25, 2015
At the interview we were really favoured by God : Next please go to counter Bleep. My 2 children marched to the counter before DH and me. They really set the scene.

VO:Already smiling at the kids.I could not help but smile too.We greeted VO and he asked for our passports. VO: Why do u want to go to the US? DH:To visit Me: Also to have my baby because we had already planned to visit US this year VO: Which state ? DH:CAL VO: Have u contacted a hospital? Me: Yes VO Which one?Me and DH xx xx xx.Children both repeated xxxx after us and we all laughed with VO. VO: What u do and how much do you earn . We both answered him. My children then started disturbing their Dad one was asking why the VO was talking like that (the diction). While the other was asking Dad to do his shoe lace. I did not get distracted. VO:let me have ur hospital correspondence and bank statement. What I had in my bank statement can foot hospital bills for a reasonably priced hospital but was not even up to one quarter of the hospital bill I presented. VO was examining the bank statement without much enthusiasm I quickly slipped a family investment document in my mums name to VO. VO: Is this in your name?I said no in my mum's name. VO:Is ur mum paying for you?I almost bungled there. I had to stick to the fact that I was sponsoring myself. I said no it's my entitlement. He then checks the supporting allocation sheet for the investment and sees my name . I had a budget sheet but held on to it because it was unrealistic. VO How long do you plan to stay? Me 3 months. VO:Where will u stay? We got a list of hotels from hospital but will like to check them out before we decide. He then goes to consult. Comes back and says staying in hotel in CALfor 3 months is really expensive.Are u comfortable? I boldly said yes and that I even have a credit facility on my VISA Card, (which I do but do not intend to use) and the hotels on the hospital list offers discounted rates for the hospital patients.. Then he said your visa is approved. I didn't hear any other thing he said. He then hands over white slip. Congratulations, Congratulations .I wish u safe delivery. Myself and husband had been denied several years ago at different times though. We are not frequent travellers but have travelled to Europe as a family before.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:58am On Oct 25, 2015
Bbsy:
Hi people,
Am in houston and planning on using Dr A but she's yet to reply my mail neither were they available on friday as i called her office all day.
Now my aunt is saying i should use a mid-wiferey or wifey..whatever.
Am just not sure how it works with them
As to how i get the baby Birth Cert and al and also ensure my baby is safe in their hands.
Please i need you advice and your opinion beautiful people.
how it works is for u to call and book an appointment. They close by 12noon on Fridays.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 2:00am On Oct 25, 2015
Bbaby84 it worked.. It worked

Yeepee... Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uchetobi(f): 2:56am On Oct 25, 2015
Justwise

So I find a cheaper dr / hospital in Houston

Are you saying I can't share on the thread anymore?

I think this ur policy should be restricted to advertising & it's easy to tell which is advertising and what is not

If not, u will kill the essence of this thread. What made part one successful wasn't just pOe / visa stories it was a lot of research and sharing and comparison

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Mumof2boys:

Maymaj's post on costs she found for NJ and my reply wey i just hala her ooo..abi is that not allowed?? Bros justwise

No fresh info, no fresh info.

Any fresh info wey enter, Bros JW de rapture am. I taya o!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:30am On Oct 25, 2015
firsttymum:
Drfdee and dovee

We just had some posts removed plus justwise complaining about quotes and hospitals being mentioned.

Modify ur posts pls

Pls what is wrong in hosps and quotes being mentioned na?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:49am On Oct 25, 2015
In the light of the below post, JW just made a lot of sense, because I was wondering the rationale behind deleting hosp names. The MIHS and the Mobap effect are typical examples, and hiding the hosp name is for the benefit of us all in the long run.
Agents are busy advertising for specific docs n hosps, agents r lurking around here on ghostmode waiting for people to discover fresh deals only to pounce on them and frustrate it for everyone else when the hosps are tired of hearing from us. Infact, lurkers have began to make this thread a bad place to drop info, and JW in his wisdom has found a way around it. Thanks Bros, good job!

Here's the thing, like mama MayMaj that found a good NJ price, instead of dropping the name of the hosp, she can drop the quotes and interested people can PM her for specific It is now her prerogative to decide who to respond to or not, as some of these agents may pose as patients seeking this info, but at least, it will reduce the rate at which 9ja patients r bounced from embassy and US hospitals.

Hosps that want 9ja patients should pay for advert. Shikena!

For the first time, I'm supporting JW, Hehehe wink
justwise:

I never accused you of that.

Actually that will not help a lot of expecting mums. A lot of expensive hospitals today used to be cheap/affordable but as soon as their names are mentioned here and people started contacting them they raise their prices and even charge for Dr's letter.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:53am On Oct 25, 2015
shanaka29:

Very poor management of my situation here oooo embarassed. I had an emergency few days ago and had to use a big part of my money.
Now i was hoping my last salary would pass before travel day but that's unlikely now.
I'm so stressed about the all situation. I have more then enough on my savings account but my checking account will be almost empty.
Do you think the saving statement will do the trick ?

Calm down, you don't need bp!

Where is ur POE?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 4:06am On Oct 25, 2015
Nefertitiram Hmmmm u made a lot of sense... In support of what Nefertitiram said.. Before u respond to pms check out the person here. These agents have tried to disguise in different forms... And they are doing more damage than good. They have made some Hospitals stop accepting us, and made hospitals hike their prices.

monkey they work baboon dey chop

Alot of us have fallen victims.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.