Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,744 members, 7,895,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (868063 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sylolo(m): 12:32am On Mar 05, 2016
@Ennyo,
I paid the old rate. The lady in Dr. E's office is trying to reachout to those people they gave the old quote. Also, Alice in the Patient Account department said the new rate is currently on hold. They are using the old rate in the interim.

@Enizo,
I got Oakbend account details from the Patient Access department after Dr. E had contacted them. Call the number in the OB discount package.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 05, 2016
sylolo:
@Ennyo,
I paid the old rate. The lady in Dr. E's office is trying to reachout to those people they gave the old quote. Also, Alice in the Patient Account department said the new rate is currently on hold. They are using the old rate in the interim.

@Enizo,
I got Oakbend account details from the Patient Access department after Dr. E had contacted them. Call the number in the OB discount package.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tbash16: 12:55am On Mar 05, 2016
Congrats, lil princess is my birthdaymate.....feb 22nd, God bless her.

Missionary journey coming to an end oo!! God is good TBH!!
Baby arrived feb22 n doc Fagbohun was a 100 menhh even as d doc that did my previous CS did a bad job but drF showed up and out for me!!
My bills are little crazy cos it was a high risk preggy but no qulams as I'm holding my lil princess in my hands.
Dr fees high risk Cs 2560
First visit 150
Scan 150
Lab/pap smear 260
Hospital (oakbend) 3500
Nics 3days : 498
Spinal : 950
Collected d abstract BC as I can't travel to get d original one, collected baby blue pali and waiting 4 ETC! Thank God it ended in praise o!! Praying for all d mums b dads embarking on this journey, may God b with u guys xoxo!

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bepop: 6:01am On Mar 05, 2016
Please has anyone contacted doctor Fagbohun since this oakbend review on what would happen to those he gave old pricing. Also what is he saying about the wire transfer? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 05, 2016
jet2biz:
Thanks. I appreciate. I actually uploaded the pics and it say accepted and continue but says, i should come along with passport still. Should i proceed to summit it like that? I don't need made no mistake.

Also, please i need more clarity on my baby application! I need to register fresh application from the begining for her? I did state i have company and have her listed as a child. Please just need to know...

go along with your passport and submit it still like that, madam I already said even if your child is one day old she has her own international passport she can't use your, same way you have to fill an individual form for her even if you listed her as a child, read www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Read 2 or 3 pages back.... Someone mentioned something about it

bepop:
Please has anyone contacted doctor Fagbohun since this oakbend review on what would happen to those he gave old pricing. Also what is he saying about the wire transfer? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2016
bepop:

Call d office
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2016
Ok, now i get it, thanks a lot Fav. Ehugs

Yup the 12th,13th and 14th

That's how they calculate theirs [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dialinn: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
sylolo:
@Ennyo,

@Enizo,

Thanks Sylolo for this info. I've a similar case where the lady in Dr. E's office has already advised me of the old rate. She hasn't reached to me though as you stated in your message. How do you suggest I deal with it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Agbo2014: 10:37am On Mar 05, 2016
Please, I need your advice mama nd Daddy. Two years ago, my wife gave birth to a baby in St. Paul hospital in Maryland and the bill was outrageous. Hospital bill+mother bill =7050$. Baby bill =1999$. Doctor bill=2700$. She also paid 1500$ for registration. So far, i haven't seen any person mentioned baby bill in her budget. Are others hospitals not billing baby? Although she stayed with her sister for the period. No accommodation fees. We are planning for another journey now. We need a cheaper hospital that would close to Baltimore in Maryland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 11:55am On Mar 05, 2016
Agbo2014

To get a pocket friendly hospital in DMV area is not an easy task, why don't you consider Atlanta, Houston, Dallas etc

Neks31

Congrats, you went, you saw, you conquered, God be with you and your princesses..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chikos: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Agbo 2014. Prince george hospital is cheaper but am still trying to get their email cos they are not answering their calls.

Abeg house anyone with Contact details for the prince george hosp should help us thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
neks31 congratulations dear...
God bless your LO, we are expecting another one, before dollars gets to 500 and trump close gate grin
:
Baby arrived feb22 n doc Fagbohun was a 100 menhh even as d doc that did my previous CS did a bad job but drF showed up and out for me!!
My bills are little crazy cos it was a high risk preggy but no qulams as I'm holding my lil princess in my hands.
First visit 150
Scan 150
Lab/pap smear 260
Hospital (oakbend) 3500
Collected d abstract BC as I can't travel to get d original one, collected baby blue pali and waiting 4 ETC! Thank God it ended in praise o!! Praying for all d mums b dads embarking on this journey, may God b with u guys xoxo!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tbash16: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Pls my water broke around 2:30am houston time n i need to gt intouch with dr fagbohun buh his office numbers are nt opened yet does anyone hv his number pls i kno he doesn't give dt out i think. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
tbash16:
Pls my water broke around 2:30am houston time n i need to gt intouch with dr fagbohun buh his office numbers are nt opened yet does anyone hv his number pls i kno he doesn't give dt out i think. Thank you.
Just go to the hospital. I'm sure they would know how to reach the doctor. Safe delivery and congrats in advance

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
chikos:
Agbo 2014. Prince george hospital is cheaper but am still trying to get their email cos they are not answering their calls.

Abeg house anyone with Contact details for the prince george hosp should help us thank you

Hi Chikos, PG won't give u an email or any correspondence. Everything is verbal over the phone. Call +1 (301) 618-2000 and say u want to get the pricing for giving birth there if u are self pay, it might take a few connections but they will eventually connect u to d right ext.

Another tip is once u get the right person, ask for their direct line so u can call nxt time and not go tru d main switch board. Just keep trying they usually pick. Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hello everyone, Thank you all for all the helpful info here....im currently using a free WiFi in JFK to write this.....my POE story...
Me: Hi
Officer: Hello, what brings you to America
Me: I'm on vacation and I'm expecting my baby.
Officer: how long do you think you will be here for?
Me: about one to two months
Officer: how much do you have
Me: about $7k
Officer: stamps me in for six months, pls enjoy your stay!
Me : Thank you....you go fear my smile naaa

We were at least ten preggies on that flight and we all spent less than two minutes....i wonder what people still go through Houston for

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Steph07: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Gud day all, pls I would like to get contact from any Doctor in Chicago and name of hospital. Would rily appreciate it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
tbash16:

Head to the hospital right away. Send a mail to him with your number, he will call you ASAP.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by freshfarid: 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
My people,
Na so I waka enter Houston via Emirates @ 35+ weeks.
Emirates can ask for fit 2 fly o. At every stage, even when I was about to board, they asked and that was way after check in. During the check in, they didn't ask me for my fit to fly until it was my time to check in, they were now wasting my time and made me stand unnecessarily, d lady was going from 1 place to d other asking to be sure if I wasn't past 36 weeks saying my letter didn't state exactly how many days after 35 wks I was. I had the print out from their website and also the one from the hospital. It was the one from my hospital they collected.
My flight with emirates was cool, I had a row of 4 seats to myself so I could lie down. No swollen feet, no compression socks. Nice plane. Food wasn't bad.
Fit to fly was asked for again in dubai
Now to Houton POE, there was a long Q, didn't use wheel chair. When I was in front of d CBP, na so the computer nor gree answer. He now said the ntwk was down. Was there for like 30 mins. Had to lean on something.
CBP: why r u here?
Me: to have my baby
CBP: so you are going to elpaso
Me: yes
CBP: have u had a baby here b4
CBP: just stand behind d counter someone will be with u shortly
Me: ok - I don know say na secondary inspection be that. I prayed
I was there for about 25 minutes b4 I was called.
CBP: y r u here this time around
CBP: how many kids to you have
Me: 2 and the 3rd is on its way
CBP: did you have the other kids here?
Me: my last child. Yes
CBP: how much do u have
Me: 4k - gotten from life saving stanbic ibtc
CBP: but you know 4k can't be enof
Me: yes, I have pre paid some
CBP: can I see your receipts
Me: yes and passes it to him
CBP: ok, i'll get u out of here in a few minutes
Me: thank you
And I was out of there in a few minutes. All d docs I took to my drop box interview was all I took. And it was only the prepayment receipt he checked. I prepaid doc fees for doctoresparati tru stanbic form A and will pay hospital fees this coming wk with the help of my hubby via same means.
I was stamped in till September.
Chilling in houston with my host resting from the loong emirates trip for onward movement to elpaso next week.
Toodles

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sylolo(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
@Dialinn, you can the lady during their office hours to make your case.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by niche70: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am new though have been reading but still need some guidance or referral to where I can get more information.
I would be expecting in June, I have B1 / B2 visa and I intend to stay in Houston Texas. Please, I have these questions?
1. Do I still need to write to the embassy
2. I read abt WHMC Hospital,what's the full meaning and their contact?
3. Is the above place better than el-paso?
4. Which airline is best and the cheapest?
5. Do anyone know of any affordable accommodation in Houston?

I am aware, it has been answered before but please help. I'm confused, I need answers.

Abeg, please.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
tbash16:

If there's voicemail on the office number, leave a voicemail, the doctor will call you back.they usually give their options for emergency cases when you call the office number.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gratefulalways: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Please we sent in our notification to the Embassy (Abuja) but only an auto-response was received. It didn't really address our intent. It's been more than a week since we received the auto-response. Any advice please as DW's trip is in a couple of days. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Send another to LagosNiv, same thing happened to me. Just do a fresh one to Lagos addy asap

All the best

gratefulalways:
Please we sent in our notification to the Embassy (Abuja) but only an auto-response was received. It didn't really address our intent. It's been more than a week since we received the auto-response. Any advice please as DW's trip is in a couple of days. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Congrats ....May the rest of your journey be as smooth as ur POEs.

All the best

freshfarid:
My people,
Na so I waka enter Houston via Emirates @ 35+ weeks.
Emirates can ask for fit 2 fly o. At every stage, even when I was about to board, they asked and that was way after check in. During the check in, they didn't ask me for my fit to fly until it was my time to check in, they were now wasting my time and made me stand unnecessarily, d lady was going from 1 place to d other asking to be sure if I wasn't past 36 weeks saying my letter didn't state exactly how many days after 35 wks I was. I had the print out from their website and also the one from the hospital. It was the one from my hospital they collected.
My flight with emirates was cool, I had a row of 4 seats to myself so I could lie down. No swollen feet, no compression socks. Nice plane. Food wasn't bad.
Fit to fly was asked for again in dubai
Now to Houton POE, there was a long Q, didn't use wheel chair. When I was in front of d CBP, na so the computer nor gree answer. He now said the ntwk was down. Was there for like 30 mins. Had to lean on something.
CBP: why r u here?
CBP: so you are going to elpaso
CBP: have u had a baby here b4
CBP: just stand behind d counter someone will be with u shortly
Me: ok - I don know say na secondary inspection be that. I prayed
I was there for about 25 minutes b4 I was called.
CBP: y r u here this time around
CBP: how many kids to you have
Me: 2 and the 3rd is on its way
CBP: did you have the other kids here?
Me: my last child. Yes
CBP: how much do u have
Me: 4k - gotten from life saving stanbic ibtc
CBP: but you know 4k can't be enof
Me: yes, I have pre paid some
CBP: can I see your receipts
Me: yes and passes it to him
CBP: ok, i'll get u out of here in a few minutes
Me: thank you
And I was out of there in a few minutes. All d docs I took to my drop box interview was all I took. And it was only the prepayment receipt he checked. I prepaid doc fees for doctoresparati tru stanbic form A and will pay hospital fees this coming wk with the help of my hubby via same means.
I was stamped in till September.
Chilling in houston with my host resting from the loong emirates trip for onward movement to elpaso next week.
Toodles
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Congrats to all the new mamas in the house, happy to read people's transcript with CBP officers...like Houston POE is getting better, we thank God

Safe delivery to all expectant mothers,
God bless you and grant your heart desires LadyG,
God grant you more wisdom justwise, u are truly wise...
I appreciate everyone here

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
Enizo:

Na wa oh i asked dr f about form A and oakbend he said no please how did u get the account details. please share

I just got same reply from him. God will help us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
1. Yes if you didn't get the visa for birthing purpose, you may need to inform the embassy of your intention.
2. I think it's West Houston Medical Center but Google is your friend.
3.Better is relative. People have good or bad (different) experiences at same hospital even on same flight. You may need to go online to check the ratings of each hospital. When thinking of hospital to deliver at in the US you may need to check what level the NICU is because if they cannot provide the highest level of care to a sick infant, they would transfer elsewhere and the cost can be crippling. This is just an example of what to check for.
4 Which airline is cheaper...the Arab airlines e.g Etihad, Emirates are typically cheaper but the journey is much longer. You will need to pay a visit to www.wakanow.com and or travelstart website, no one can do your assignment.
5. You will need to do a better job of reading and searching this thread than you have done. People have mentioned pamperedstay and soulcare but I do not know if it's in relation to Oakbend or Whmc.

As to guidance on getting information, use the search option on the top of the page by typing in key words.

niche70:

Hi everyone,

I am new though have been reading but still need some guidance or referral to where I can get more information.
I would be expecting in June, I have B1 / B2 visa and I intend to stay in Houston Texas. Please, I have these questions?
1. Do I still need to write to the embassy
2. I read abt WHMC Hospital,what's the full meaning and their contact?
3. Is the above place better than el-paso?
4. Which airline is best and the cheapest?
5. Do anyone know of any affordable accommodation in Houston?

I am aware, it has been answered before but please help. I'm confused, I need answers.

Abeg, please.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
Popri:
Congrats to all the new mamas in the house, happy to read people's transcript with CBP officers...like Houston POE is getting better, we thank God

Safe delivery to all expecting mothers,
God bless you and grant your heart desires LadyG
God grant you more wisdom justwise, u are truly wise ...
I appreciate everyone here

Thanks for your kind words.

God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Go girl... God bless ur LOs
First visit 150
Scan 150
Lab/pap smear 260
Hospital (oakbend) 3500

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
I thought that updating the first page with more info will stop people from recycling the same Dr, hospital and requesting for contact details of the same Drs here but I was wrong.

I will help out...don't bother asking or dropping contact details of Drs or hospitals here because I will remove it as soon I set my eyes on it.

Please use this website http://hcahealthcare.com/pricing-financing/ to spread your search for hospitals else the over used/patronised ones will keep increasing their prices.

Thank you.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.