Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,125 members, 7,887,253 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:31 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1556269 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
lionlee216:

I know about spirit but jfk to tx with JetBlue, southwest even greyhound bus is expensive. D least for greyhound right now is 99$
it makes no sense taking greyhound from Nyc to Tx..it's logical to fly from New York (Not necessarily JFK) to Dallas for $55 and take Greyhound to Houston from Dallas for around $25-$35.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lionlee216(m): 12:08am On Nov 05, 2016
seyewest:
it makes no sense taking greyhound to Tx..it's logical to fly from New York (Not necessarily JFK) to Dallas for $55 and take Greyhound to Houston from Dallas for around $25-$35.

I will recheck the prices at those airlines. Thanks so much for the enlightenment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ijeomaobi1: 1:13am On Nov 05, 2016
LadyG for general! So u get Nairaland office?? Ayam very loyal. Oga justwise anam ekene

Ladyguinivere

Biko am asking on behalf of person. Can't retrieve the Ds-160. Mismatch error, I know it might have been treated. Just direct me to page. No vex

Anyone in the house that can help. Form is yet to be completed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Blizzle(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2016
Please school me to the airline/website where you can get such a deal.

seyewest:
A roundtrip from New York to Houston will never cost $250 let alone $500.
Before the poster travel.. he should purchase a ticket from New York(JFK) to Houston as of today it cost $90 but it will go down by next week tuesday and wednesday to around $55. Be patient
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LezDiva(f): 9:15am On Nov 05, 2016
some one please advice as i am in d same situation..

Goldie10:
Good day all,

Please Hubby and I are planning to apply for a B1/B2 visa with an intention to travel end of the month. Nove 20th.

however the most recently available date for interview is 6th of December. Should be fill another application and move our dates of travel or go ahead with 6th December. Please note that our intended date isn't cast in stone.

What can we do to get an earlier date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
LadyG for general! So u get Nairaland office?? Ayam very loyal. Oga justwise anam ekene

Ladyguinivere

Biko am asking on behalf of person. Can't retrieve the Ds-160. Mismatch error, I know it might have been treated. Just direct me to page. No vex

Anyone in the house that can help. Form is yet to be completed
There's scarcity of info. Has he gotten a date? If yes (that's putting the cart before the horse) then he has to fill a new form and call in.
If he hasn't, then let him just fill a new form and proceed from there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdolz: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2016
Goodmorning house, I believe you all had a lovely night. Bin a newbie who has interview nextweek na so I glue my eyes to this page o and i have learnt alot. went for alnight In church yesterday and during the special numba time one boy jst came out and started singing wit a bad voice,i just kuku bring out my phone begin read comments grin grin smiley(inside church fa) .Now my people I saw that travel history seem to b a key factor in determining a visa issuance as also the strong tie back home I have only been to Israel(Jerusalem pilgrim) and to Ghana both sponsored by the govt and I am also married. Is It enough that I have visited just these two places?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdolz: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2016
Thanks so much, I just checked the refund policy only 50% of the cash will be refunded. Will an organization be willing to risk such in this recession? Yes truly payment shows strong intent but na risky business o.
seyewest:
No need to stress yourself.. you don't have to pay for the hotel but the conference is tricky because paying for the conference means a strong intention on your part.. Maybe you should pay for the conference and check the refund policy of the conference.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godiloveu(f): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hi everyone, my esteem guru in d house pls wat re chances like, travelling experience, Ghana n Cameron. ties, engaged IV letter. vacation to Las vegas.
planning to apply in January. tnx for ur responses.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
Godiloveu:
Hi everyone, my esteem guru in d house
pls wat re chances like,
travelling experience, Ghana n Cameron.
ties, engaged
IV letter.
vacation to Las vegas.

These will make little difference.
You will be judged on your strong ties to prove return home.
And your finances. (Las Vegas is a gambling capital and may be a red light if your finances are low.)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ImMiwaji: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hello NL,

I'm really happy with the help from everyone on this thread.

I applied for the US visa yesterday and got an appointment date for the 5th of December. I am going to California for a fellowship program for professional development. However, its not a fully funded program. Only got a free tuition at the institute and I have to pay for travel and accommodation. I work with a coy here in Lagos and earn 70k monthly (which I included on the DS 160), however, I indicated, in my application that my dad will be sponsoring the trip. He just retired from a government agency. And using his bank statement, a letter and his ID to backup his sponsorship. This is my first time out of the country. I'm 23 years old.

Now, to my question, what do you think I should be look out for in terms of questions for the interview and what I should be careful about when being interviewed? Although, I know the main documents to bring with me, what are the other documents, if any?

Thanks guys! I will appreciate any response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
ImMiwaji:
Hello NL,

I'm really happy with the help from everyone on this thread.

I applied for the US visa yesterday and got an appointment date for the 5th of December. I am going to California for a fellowship program for professional development. However, its not a fully funded program. Only got a free tuition at the institute and I have to pay for travel and accommodation. I work with a coy here in Lagos and earn 70k monthly (which I included on the DS 160), however, I indicated, in my application that my dad will be sponsoring the trip. He just retired from a government agency. And using his bank statement, a letter and his ID to backup his sponsorship. This is my first time out of the country. I'm 23 years old.

Now, to my question, what do you think I should be look out for in terms of questions for the interview and what I should be careful about when being interviewed? Although, I know the main documents to bring with me, what are the other documents, if any?

Thanks guys! I will appreciate any response.

Hy,

I'm actually in no position to adjudge your case, meanwhile, from my own experience coupled with other transcripts here, I'm kinda sure that no one is interested in your documents/packagings.

Likely questions as you requested...

The state you're traveling and the almighty reason why you're traveling there.

Your ties back home...

Finances.... On top this issue, m seeing a K-leg.

Occupation: You must ably defend anything you claim to be, those guys are smart, expect questions from all angles.

However, since you don schedule appointment, may the God of Favour locate you IJN. BTW, I'll be going with my bro to the embassy the same day 07:15am. May God see us all through.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ImMiwaji: 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Amen oh!!! Favour is KEY

ifeoluwasegun:

Hy,

I'm actually in no position to adjudge your case, meanwhile, from my own experience coupled with other transcripts here, I'm kinda sure that no one is interested in your documents/packagings.

Likely questions as you requested...

The state you're traveling and the almighty reason why you're traveling there.

Your ties back home...

Finances.... On top this issue, m seeing a K-leg.

Occupation: You must ably defend anything you claim to be, those guys are smart, expect questions from all angles.

However, since you don schedule appointment, may the God of Favour locate you IJN. BTW, I'll be going with my bro to the embassy the same day 07:15am. May God see us all through.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ethnicgirl: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
seyewest:
Before the poster travel.. he should purchase a ticket from New York(JFK) to Houston as of today it cost $90 but it will go down by next week tuesday and wednesday to around $55. Be patient

Thank you @seyewest.but I am a 'she' o grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by haduwa(f): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
seyewest:

Wrong information sir,
@ ethnicgirl a round trip (JFK - IAH - IAH - JFK) can cost as low as $265 for the entire trip. Depending on your travel dates ( bearing in mind I got this fare for few days to "Thanksgiving holiday" and after Thanksgiving And on AA (American Airlines).

A week before Thanksgiving is actually $119 for a one way ticket.

Will attach a screen shot along with this post.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
Tdolz:
Thanks so much, I just checked the refund policy only 50% of the cash will be refunded. Will an organization be willing to risk such in this recession? Yes truly payment shows strong intent but na risky business o.

You don't have to pay for the conference. Just make sure you can talk about how it relates with your job/career. I know lots of people who have gone for interview without paying conference fee- myself included
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdolz: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Thanks,pls my traveling history is just Israel and Ghana is that enough traveling history pls?
Fyorgyn:

You don't have to pay for the conference. Just make sure you can talk about how it relates with your job/career. I know lots of people who have gone for interview without paying conference fee- myself included
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Tdolz:
Thanks,pls my traveling history is just Israel and Ghana is that enough traveling history pls?

You don't need to have travelled anywhere to get a US Visa. If you've read through this thread, you will find many who have no travel history granted visas.

As I said earlier, have a clear understanding of the conference you're going for and how it applies to your job.

Are u sure you've read through this thread as you claim? All your questions and concerns have been addressed previously

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
haduwa:

Wrong information sir,
@ ethnicgirl a round trip (JFK - IAH - IAH - JFK) can cost as low as $265 for the entire trip. Depending on your travel dates ( bearing in mind I got this fare for few days to "Thanksgiving holiday" and after Thanksgiving And on AA (American Airlines).

Because you got yours for $265 does not mean it's fixed... The method of buying flight ticket is not straight forward... meanwhile I'm talking about one way... It makes no sense buying a round trip flight ticket in the U.S when you have a lot of options... I can get your AA $265 for $180... the only problem is that I will be billed in Naira. (Fly from JFK to any cities on the East coast and South is always higher.. Try LGA) Lastly don't fly on thursday,friday,sunday and monday... there's always a surge in number of passenger flying on the mentioned days.. When you considered this and other factors you will understand how to get cheap ticket.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
Tdolz:
My first question is are you coming back? Just to inform you... your salary is okay so far your dad will take care of your trip and accommodation all you need is to present your case convincingly... relax all will be fine.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adewillz(m): 4:52am On Nov 06, 2016
Good day everyone,
Me and my Dad are applying for a B2visa to visit USA in January and he's to sponsor our trip. We are staying in an hotel. I am a final year student and never been out of the country. My Dad is a contractor and he owns his company, he has been to the UK and USA in 89/90. Please nairalandrrs I need strong advice from you guys on filling the application. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:10am On Nov 06, 2016
Adewillz:
Good day everyone,
Me and my Dad are applying for a B2visa to visit USA in January and he's to sponsor our trip. We are staying in an hotel. I am a final year student and never been out of the country. My Dad is a contractor and he owns his company, he has been to the UK and USA in 89/90. Please nairalandrrs I need strong advice from you guys on filling the application. Thanks
Study to show yourself approved. Read the thread from part 1 and pick up tips before you even fill the form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teeboy22(m): 8:51am On Nov 06, 2016
Greetings my people....how Una dey o..

Pls how much is US visa fee now....

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godiloveu(f): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
worry359:

These will make little difference.
You will be judged on your strong ties to prove return home.
And your finances. (Las Vegas is a gambling capital and may be a red light if your finances are low.)

thanks
tho am engaged, my marriage is march next yr, n I work as a Secretary.

pls will this be strong enough
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Godiloveu:

thanks
tho am engaged, my marriage is march next yr, n I work as a Secretary.

pls will this be strong enough
Only a vo can snswer you that.
U can however read the transcripts and self evaluate...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
Adewillz:
Good day everyone,
Apply and go with your dad... remember you will need document to show that you're really a student even though they hardly check document.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by marcyemi(m): 3:38am On Nov 07, 2016
Hello blessed fellas. i need an accommodation in NYC
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2016
Good day House, happy new week, pls i was denied visit visa in july 2016, is it wise to apply for study visa in jan 2017?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adewillz(m): 8:38am On Nov 07, 2016
seyewest:
Apply and go with your dad... remember you will need document to show that you're really a student even though they hardly check document.

Thanks. Pls is it just one application for both of us. Also the application fee, do we pay for each of us? Pls kindly enlighten me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Goldie10: 9:31am On Nov 07, 2016
@LadyGuinivere and co. Please advise o.

LezDiva:
some one please advice as i am in d same situation..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2016
Adewillz:

Thanks. Pls is it just one application for both of us. Also the application fee, do we pay for each of us? Pls kindly enlighten me

Have you gone to the US Visa application website? You should go there if you haven't and read the instructions. I will answer your question but know that it shows you haven't bothered to read.

You will apply separately... you and your dad... And
Yes, each of you will pay the application fee.

Before you ask another question, please read through the thread thoroughly and start your application.

Wish u the best.
Read this thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Goldie10: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2016
Good day all,

Please Hubby and I are planning to apply for a B1/B2 visa with an intention to travel end of the month. Nove 20th.

however the most recently available date for interview is 6th of December. Should be fill another application and move our dates of travel or go ahead with 6th December. Please note that our intended date isn't cast in stone.

What can we do to get an earlier date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.