Stats: 3,181,199 members, 7,913,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 06:07 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1564668 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice analysis from @constance234 but why all your families scatter all over the world... grin grin grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:55am On Jan 07, 2017
seyewest:
Nice analysis from @constance234 but why all your families scatter all over the world... grin grin grin
lol, havent you heard of the students that never went back home after graduating?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by otedola1(m): 6:29am On Jan 07, 2017
I feeling your Comment Bro, Nice one
constance234:
Truth be told about Non Immigrant visas, each applicant is deemed a prospective immigrant. Be you from the E.U, Asia or wherever.

Many of you dont even know what is called Diplomatic reciprocity, in the eye of the international community, Indians are more prone to abscond than any other country and they also have an alarming population but alas they are issued 10 years USA visa.

I personally dont like the idea of Miracle and God being ascribed to some basic things like filling your DS 160 accurately and knowing when the time is right to apply for any visa not just an American visa.But we can not take away the fact that naturally there are people more lucky and favoured than others, i dont want to delve into the factor responsible for this but it happens that is why our situations are different. some peoples luck may be their pretty/handsome face, their voice it can be just about anything to create that atmosphere where their case or situation is given more attention and slight error overlooked. Please lets let those that believe in a higher being to do so freely, dont force your beliefs on others.

About VOs saying "Congtratulations" to an applicant whose visa just got approved, i think it depends on the individual and not the Embassy he or she is stationed at. I was told congratulations when i got my USA visa at the embassy in London UK. My brother was told same in Germany,my cousin was told same in Denmark. While my parents applied and had their first visa applroved in Nigeria were not told congratulations.

I have seen on TV (US border force) where a UN diplomat from Holland was deported back because he presented first his dutch passport and that became legal, he was evaluated on that and was not found admissible (He has a UN passport and was going to attend a meeting with the trade ministers from 3 south South American countries). These shows that just about anyone can be denied entry and deported.

Also to the guy who has had a US visa denial in the past, even if you eventually become a citizen of Sweden you will still need to apply for visa as you have had a denial before. ESTA only applies to those who havent been denied visa or denied entry into USA.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 6:30am On Jan 07, 2017
constance234:

lol, havent you heard of the students that never went back home after graduating?

Wow, that also is a miracle grin

And I like your expository, congratulations! (in VO's voice) grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olamega(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2017
Hello Guys! Please I need advice on a cheap airline to use. I should travel to Houston by month end.
Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by julius99(m): 7:41am On Jan 07, 2017
Happy New Year People...

I want to ask an urgent question Pls.

A friend of mine want to apply for USA visa but his passport will expire in six months. Can he still use it to apply or he has to renew it first?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2017
julius99:
Happy New Year People...

I want to ask an urgent question Pls.

A friend of mine want to apply for USA visa but his passport will expire in six months. Can he still use it to apply or he has to renew it first?

Quick & Dirty Trick
Another way to avoid asking an already answered question here before, is to use the search tool at the top of NLs page instead of reading through part 1&2. Narrow your search to Travel section and you'll def find answers... There are 20 pages from. the search result "expire passport" as attached below.
I hope it helps anyone that needs a quick answer if you don't have the time to do the needful - reading as much as possible.
I feel your reoccurring pain LadyGridiron cry

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2017
seyewest:

I got Turkish Airline for N430K for my bro...He left for NY on wednesday

Flights to NYC are considerably cheaper.
Is it advisable to fly to NYC first before proceeding to one's final destination?
Wouldn't that raise issues at the POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 10:35am On Jan 07, 2017
Pls gurus I need help. The VO said I am building up that it takes that. What does that mean. I got denied yesterday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2017
@Ralphose biko na baptism or name shange you do me? cheesy :/
Azzin! I'm happy somebody feels how tiring it is to see so much info together in one place yet folks still won't search for it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@Ralphose biko na baptism or name shange you do me? cheesy :/
U sef don do your own na
I feel some ppl(me too) think you are sometimes hash in your replies... na why I call you Gridiron o! because you dey show yourself. grin

But yea, if you can't read through, just use Lil IQ and do a word search on your "unique case" so we won't be planning a part 3 sooner than needed.

onmyteflon:
Pls gurus I need help. The VO said I am building up that it takes that. What does that mean. I got denied yesterday
I was told same too, I guess you didn't convince him enough with your ties becos they weren't strong enough. Are you married? Kids? Earning? Duration of work? Traveling experience?
I guess vo must have picked up on one of those IMO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
onmyteflon:
Pls share TS (transcript)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
Me: good morning
Vo: with a smile face good morning
Vo: are you travelling with your mom
My mom: yes
VO face me:are you working
Me :yes. I own dis and that
vo :good
VO: packed our passport. And I was so happy help kept typing for like 2 minutes
VO : are you married
Me: I am in a serious relationship will be engages soon
VO : packed passport again and was like am so sorry
Me:with a gentle look what's wrong sir I don't understand much about this blue paper
VO: am sorry you are building up it takes time try again I know it's not your first time

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ralfoosha:

Pls share TS (transcript)
I think he wants me to get married because I told him am in a serious relationship but not yet married and he believe I have a good income to start a family of my own maybe I should apply for honeymoon
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
onmyteflon:
Me: I am in a serious relationship will be engaged soon
Me:with a gentle look what's wrong sir I don't understand much about this blue paper
VO: am sorry you are building up it takes time try again I know it's not your first time

I think it's your ties, 1. You have a girlfriend, not even engaged 2. your mum that would have been your tie is also traveling with you.
I also think you didn't show confidence with your body language, he was talking to you & your mum cuts in, that the vo had to turn to you to further question you
He must have made up his mind right there and your single status was a good reason for him... Not that single people don't travel.

I suggest you build your ties, work and/or relationship. Find the opportunity to talk about your strongest tie with confidence & passion when next you apply, cos you might get married & still be told you're building. I'm married yet got bounced on account of "still building".
I recently had my 1st child & I have a massive project coming up which I'm ready to drum into VO's ears if he ask about family or work.
This seems to be your 2nd refusal... When was the first and what happened?

They just have to be sure you have some significant value here just to satisfy discretion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Should I book my next appointment for after I get engage with my gf I would like my mom to go with me as well because we are going to visit my uncle and should I go with my wife as well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Araisokun: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hello everyone, I am planning on getting a US visit visa with my fiancee after our weeding next two month , I live in and work in Dubai since almost 4years and I av a 2 year Renewable UAE residence on my passport, I would b going on 70days vacation to Nigeria for my wedding and after my wedding we planning on visiting the US ,My wife to be also has travel experience. last two years she came to Dubai to visit me for 10days , and last month she came here for visit and for our wedding plans and for her Business ( to purchase her goods which she sells to retailers and consumers) and we are going to Nigeria in same day with same airline , pls everyone what's our chances and what type of visa is best for us and the documents necessary.. Thanks in advance for ur reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
onmyteflon:
Thanks for the reply. Should I book my next appointment for after I get engage with my gf I would like my mom to go with me as well because we are going to visit my uncle and should I go with my wife as well
she is not yet your wife. Also why do you want to go with all your ties?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oriagome: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
I feel I should give back what I have taken from this forum.

I apply for a visa for the first time with family of four and was granted easily. I mean so easy it was like i didnt have to defend any thing.
My conclusion is either before the interview they must have done some analysis on your ds-160 form and a RED YELLOW GREEN flag peg on then and its now left with the VO to use his/her own discretion to decide.

My interview was on the 3rd
below is my trans.

VO: Good morning
Me: me and wife good morning
VO: you are going to Anaheim California
Me: yes
VO: What are you going there for?
Me: just for family vacation
VO: Where do you want to visit?
Me: Disney Land, San Diego zoo
VO: What do you do?
Me: work as ---------
VO: How long have you being working
Me: --- y
To my wife
VO: What do you do?
WI: Run a boutique shop
VO: Is anybody going to need a medical assistance?
Me: No
VO: Is anybody going to need a medical assistance?
Me: No
VO: Is anybody going to need a medical assistance? ( Re emphasize it
WI: No

Thanks your visa has being approve

The Questions and answer was less than a min.
The way he ask or sound during the questions is like you have already be given let me just ask for asking sake.

Once again thanks for the help and please keep it up and for new once if you have qes look for the ans 1st b4 u ask in so doing u will b finding ans to other ques that may come up later.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
lymelyte:
she is not yet your wife. Also why do you want to go with all your ties?
Thanks for your advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
getostar:

Flights to NYC are considerably cheaper.
Is it advisable to fly to NYC first before proceeding to one's final destination?
Wouldn't that raise issues at the POE?

Not at all if you have your onward ticket to your destination with you.. explain why you landed in New york first.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
onmyteflon:

Seems you're desperate and it's not because you're not only married that they denied you.. it's a combination of a lot of things like travel history,you're single and it's easy for you to leave your girlfriend and start another life in the U.S, Your mom is a tie as well and she's traveling with you to the U.S with you meaning you have no reason to return to Nigeria. You have to work on your ties like applying for visit visa to visit European countries,get married, go on honeymoon... get promoted and trust me you will get your chance to visit the U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2017
PLEASE O!!! I NEED URGENT HELP. My sister was given a visa to America (visitor) and someone said she must travel within 3 months otherwise she will have problem when traveling with it or the visa becomes invalid....how true is this? URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED!!!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
seyewest:

Seems you're desperate and it's not because you're not only married that they denied you.. it's a combination of a lot of things like travel history,you're single and it's easy for you to leave your girlfriend and start another life in the U.S, Your mom is a tie as well and she's traveling with you to the U.S with you meaning you have no reason to return to Nigeria. You have to work on your ties like applying for visit visa to visit European countries,get married, go on honeymoon... get promoted and trust me you will get your chance to visit the U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Araisokun: 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hello everyone, I am planning on getting a US visit visa with my fiancee after our weeding next two month , I live in and work in Dubai since almost 4years and I av a 2 year Renewable UAE residence on my passport, I would b going on 70days vacation to Nigeria for my wedding and after my wedding we planning on visiting the US ,My wife to be also has travel experience. last two years she came to Dubai to visit me for 10days , and last month she came here for visit and for our wedding plans and for her Business ( to purchase her goods which she sells to retailers and consumers) and we are going to Nigeria in same day with same airline , pls everyone what's our chances and what type of visa is best for us and the documents necessary..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Araisokun:

Hello everyone, I am planning on getting a US visit visa with my fiancee after our weeding next two month , I live in and work in Dubai since almost 4years and I av a 2 year Renewable UAE residence on my passport, I would b going on 70days vacation to Nigeria for my wedding and after my wedding we planning on visiting the US ,My wife to be also has travel experience. last two years she came to Dubai to visit me for 10days , and last month she came here for visit and for our wedding plans and for her Business ( to purchase her goods which she sells to retailers and consumers) and we are going to Nigeria in same day with same airline , pls everyone what's our chances and what type of visa is best for us and the documents necessary..

Your only option is the B1 visa (since you're only visiting as a tourist). I should presume that your chances should be good. You have a steady job in the UAE (i presume this is well paid), you also have a history of traveling to other countries and returning. Your wife has a business... give it a shot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
YOU ARE BUILDING UP YOUR STRONG TIES.

SO BUILD IT UP.

THAT V.O IS NICE SHA.

onmyteflon:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
IT IS A LIE. BUT THEN GET READY TO EXPLAIN AT THE POE. THAT'S ALL.

crisycent:
PLEASE O!!! I NEED URGENT HELP. My sister was given a visa to America (visitor) and someone said she must travel within 3 months otherwise she will have problem when traveling with it or the visa becomes invalid....how true is this? URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED!!!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
Don't lose hope re apply and pray for luck, I am single and have a job and nothing else no ties and I was approved
onmyteflon:
Me: I am in a serious relationship will be engages soon

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
aphixiano:
Don't lose hope re apply and pray for luck, I am single and have a job and nothing else no ties and I was approved
thanks God bless you can I send you a pm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 4:40am On Jan 08, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
IT IS A LIE. BUT THEN GET READY TO EXPLAIN AT THE POE. THAT'S ALL.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Araisokun: 7:56am On Jan 08, 2017
TWoods:

Your only option is the B1 visa (since you're only visiting as a tourist). I should presume that your chances should be good. You have a steady job in the UAE (i presume this is well paid), you also have a history of traveling to other countries and returning. Your wife has a business... give it a shot.
. Thanks so much I really appreciate ur advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102