Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1574131 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
Kollysweden:
I've got a bit of my personal experience to share here. Justwise would know me too because I've emailed you two years ago for advice regarding applying for a Swedish visa which got turned down anyway.

So here's it. Am 24 Married to a Swedish citizen and I've been denied Swedish visas twice German visa once and Greece once. I took the Greeks to the European commission court before they finally issued my visa then went with it, flew to Sweden and got my permit there. Before I did that though I was denied American visa and here's the transcript.

VO- Good morning,
Me- I didn't answer
VO-Where are you going in the USA-
Me Hawaii
VO-Does your wife have a US visa(With a stupid look)
ME- No and I showed her my wife's passport (From this moment she got mad, why though? I don't know.)
VO-How old is your wife?
ME-20
VO-Where did you get married?
Me- Seychelles
VO-How long have you known each other?
ME-2 years
VO- The paper will tell you more about your denial blah blah blah
ME- Squeezed the paper into my pocked and bounced.

Immediately I got the paper, I drove straight and withdrew money from my account and paid for a new visa fee at GTB in Abuja because i felt I could still stand a chance. The VO didn't even ask for anything during the interview. Just checked my passport for visas (I've been to Asia, Ireland and South Africa with properties in South Africa itself even brought property documents in case I was asked why I go there alot) What I noticed though is the fact that two particular women VO on that day were denying ANY and EVERYONE while the men LISTENED carefully to everyone and for real if you had a convincing story the men will grant your visas and if you don't they won't. Got me wondering why it's this way. Anyway since I was called by the Greeks to get my visa and came to Sweden, I threw away the payment slip for the next interview and forgot about the whole American thing then last month my wife said we should try it again. Nah so we take train go Stockholm from Gothenburg. The embassy had about 4 applicants all of whom are on resident permit since Swedish citizens themselves don't need visas to Yankee.

VO-How are you
Me- Am good.
VO- Smiles
VO-What are you going to do in Hawaii?
ME-Oh you finally asked!! The other lady who interviewed me in Nigeria didn't even ask that! Well am going to renew our wedding vows
VO-(Nods)
VO- How long have you been here?
ME- 6months
VO-What do you do here?
ME- I co own my wife's nail saloon.
VO-Does your wife have a US visa? (At this point I don they think say shey my 1400 kronas visa fee no go waste again today sha?)
ME- She's a Swedish citizen
VO- Your visa has been approved come back in two days for your visa.(Note she didn't say congratulations, because there's nothing to congratulate you for. It's a VISA people!)
ME- I don't live in Stockholm so I need it faster than that.
VO-We will let you know if it's faster.

Nah so I bounce. 10 years visa Gbam! Funny thing it was like a chat.. No Tension,no big crowds, No B.S. Worst thing, I'll get denied and go home and I can easily visit after 4 years when I get my Swedish passport. No one will leave Sweden to go to Yankee and suffer. We don't have homeless people here etc. The thing is they don see us say we dey like run away and they rarely respect you if you apply from Nigeria. Only the lucky ones are able to get their visas. I remember while i was at the US embassy Abuja the crowd was WAYYY tooo much. I was like Jesus christ!!!! Even an elderly woman in her 70s was denied. I saw a commissioner denied too, funny thing he came with his protocol but they weren't allowed into the main interview room but were allowed to stay outside, he left with a daze in his eyes lol. It's so funny when LadyG etc talk about TIES?? What ties?? I mean who care about TIES?? Ties to what? This is Nigeria we are talking about! Anyone can leave any day any time. They know this and even those with millions and high ranking officers are denied.. Don't they have ties? I remember seeing a dude who wore a really nice blue suite.. He's in his mid 20s if am not wrong and he got his visa. We walked out together and I can hear him talking to his agent who was outside like "dem don die for Yankee oh, nah to born pikin fast remain". I laughed my ass off even though I'm pained about my denial. Anyways my advice for those who are applying is - American VISA is pure luck, forget ties.. Just go and apply if you have extra money to waste. It's a game of luck. Forget all these people who continuously talk about ties or travel experience since the decision is based on the person who is interviewing you. You can qualify and STILL get denied! The VO might not even like the way you look and deny you. Or he could be having a terrible day and deny you. Another thing is applying from Nigeria itself is a complete hassle. The crowd alone will make any VO want to discharge as many people as possible so as to finish up work for the day. I've seen people not wanting to leave the VO's front after been denied lol, in my mind am like he won't change his mind even if you stand there the whole day. So it all depends on luck IF YOU'RE APPLYING FROM NIGERIA. NOTHING ELSE. Goodluck!

Very interesting experience.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
Kollysweden:

Never heard a Swede or any Scandinavian citizen turned back at US airports. People who are usually turned back are from Greece and Italy! Those two countries are notorious for going to the states to work on their visit visas since their economy is finished. And Nigerian population is NOT the problem, our corrupt leaders is the problem. They created this whole mess for us and made our country literally a failed state. I mean in 2017 we still don't have stable power.

Anybody can be turned back if they deemed you ineligible at the airport.. in short anybody can be turned back if you don't have genuine reason for visiting the U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
good day guys. My husband and i got married last year (2016) and would like to apply for a b1/b2 visa for vacation. he is an engineer, works in a bank and has an engineering company that is doing really great. our agent advised that we should not use his personal company cos oyinbos dont believe in 'young CEOs'. im of the opinion that since the company is doing good and has a statement of account that can show that he is capable of financing the trip, we should use it.
kindly advise pls as both of us are jjc (never traveled before).
thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
nikkination:
good day guys. My husband and i got married last year (2016) and would like to apply for a b1/b2 visa for vacation. he is an engineer, works in a bank and has an engineering company that is doing really great. our agent advised that we should not use his personal company cos oyinbos dont believe in 'young CEOs'. im of the opinion that since the company is doing good and has a statement of account that can show that he is capable of financing the trip, we should use it.
thank you.
This agent will spoil things for you... The U.S embassy I know hardly check bank statement for tourist visa.. What they look for is what ''ties'' you Nigeria.. Will you come back home after your vacation. Go through the thread it's enough for you.. you do not need agent to do simply things for you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
I concur, honesty is the best policy, only fill in what you can defend. Eventually you will get the visa, and if by chance you were wrongly banned and you are honest and your documents are legit, you could apply for a waiver, not that this happens anyway, honesty is still the best policy.

TWoods:

In my view, what is necessary is for visa applicants to be entirely honest in their applications and at their interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
1. I hope you intend to use the visa for vacation oh and not childbirth, because you will be asked. If asked whether you wanna use it for something other than vacation, mbok, say yes, you might be asked if you are pregnant in the follow-up question.

2. If you wish to have childbirth, come out and say so when filling the form or at the interview or you will be denied. The spirit of Trump has come upon VO's.

3. If your husband is sponsoring the trip, he should use his personal bank account, not the company account as it is seen as fraudulent.

4. All Visa agents in Nigeria are not to be patronised, if you go through this forum, you will stories of unnecessary regrets caused by them, they want your continued patronage not your success just like the mechanic that spoils your car, so that you keep coming back.

nikkination:
thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Intrepid01(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hello Guys, please I want to know how many times can one reschedule visa appointment before the payment becomes invalid?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mic4us2005: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=TWoods post=52514909]

What is the purpose for applying? [/quoteto

to get a job and leave there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
Intrepid01:
Hello Guys, please I want to know how many times can one reschedule visa appointment before the payment becomes invalid?
I think it's twice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
Couldn't have said it any better @kollysweden
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=mic4us2005 post=52558586][/quote]

Get a job and stay in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
nikkination:
thank you.

the visa application process is very simple. You don't need an agent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ConnectMatthew(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please can you kindly give me details/steps of how to go about the drop box visa renewal. My VISA expired June last year(2016), and I will be traveling by March this year(2017). I checked the website but could not get any link through which to follow. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olantua: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
Visa was approved today for me and my family.....you don't bliv in miracles? Read my coming up transcript. God is good

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cydophobia(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
olantua:
Visa was approved today for me and my family.....you don't bliv in miracles? Read my coming up transcript. God is good

Congrats...
Please we are still waiting for the transcript and your advice to other applicants in the house.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olantua: 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
I got to d embassy in lagos around 6:30am. And after all the queue and fingerprints was called to go to cubicle 5.
Vo - good morning
My wife and i- Good morning
Vo- ( turned to me) I see you're a marketer, explain your role in the bank
Me- As a marketer I sell the banks product with the objective of meeting the banks financial target as well as meeting the customer's need
Vo- (turned to my wife) madam I see you're a teacher. Is it primary or secondary?
My wife- secondary
Vo- what's your monthly income
My wife- 80k
Vo- (to me) where are you going in the US
Me- Texas
Vo- I see you're going to visit you uncle
Me- yes
Vo- is he a US citizen
Me- yea
Vo- do you have any idea how he became a citizen
Me- no I don't
Vo- for how long as he been in the US
Me- as long as I could remember
Vo- so why are you visiting him
Me-he's having his wedding, so he wants us to be there.
Vo- how old is he?
Me- I don't know....he should be around 40-45
Vo- and he's just getting married?
Me- yes
Vo- is he getting married to an american or Nigerian
Me- Nigerian
Vo- is there anybody else going to the wedding ?
Me- no
Vo- doesn't he have a parent that would like to attend the wedding?
Me-( smiling) they are all complaing of getting too old to travel.
Vo- so you're the only representative of the family?
Me- something like that
Vo- are you financially buoyant and how much do you plan to spend for this trip
Me- 950k
Vo- isn't that too small considering the round trip flight.
Me- if there is additional expenses , I'm able to take care of it. And would also get the visa before booking the flight.
Vo- I guess you're planning for little budget because you're staying with your uncle?
Me- yes.
Vo- how long do you intend to stay
Me- two weeks
Vo- I am approving your visa now blah blah blah. That was all heard before I was given a white paper with an address circled. ' take care of your sleeping son' she said as I walked like a jagaban God turned me to with my boy sleeping on my shoulder.

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:33am On Jan 06, 2017
olantua:
Congrats on your money not being wasted.
Was kinda waiting for the outta the ordinary/miracle.
You have a job. Madam has a job. You have ties. No reason why u shouldn't Be given a visa.

@kollysweden. Thanks for sharing your two experiences. The aplication and adjudication process Is not rocket science. The vo goes through Your form and makes a split second desicion. Be objective though. The application from Naija and the one from sweden had subtle differences...
Your story was verifiable and your ties were stronger. You were living with your wife together , working together in a non 3rd world country. Your status wasn't the same.
Anyways, we all are entitled to opinions. And I agree with the poster that said Nigerians over religionise everything...

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Congrats on your money not being wasted.
Was kinda waiting for the outta the ordinary/miracle.
You have a job. Madam has a job. You have ties. No reason why u shouldn't Be given a visa.

@kollysweden. Thanks for sharing your two experiences. The aplication and adjudication process Is not rocket science. The vo goes through Your form and makes a split second desicion. Be objective though. The application from Naija and the one from sweden had subtle differences...
Your story was verifiable and your ties were stronger. You were living with your wife together , working together in a non 3rd world country. Your status wasn't the same.
Anyways, we all are entitled to opinions. And I agree with the poster that said Nigerians over religionise everything...

I disagree with u on this,the applicant available money for the trip can barely cover him and his family flight ticket,he is a marketer in the bank and from my perspective bank marketer are not well paid in Nigeria,what job does the wife have,80k job?guess that money will barely sustain her a month.Well in as must as i am not over religious,I still believe in miracle. All I can say is that man was favored because I don't think he has enough money to cover his trip which the VO is aware,I guess she was in a good mood.Congrats man,i tap from your testimony,I pray to meet a VO like dis when it's my turn.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
bravedude:

I disagree with u on this,the applicant available money for the trip can barely cover him and his family flight ticket,he is a marketer in the bank and from my perspective bank marketer are not well paid in Nigeria,what job does the wife have,80k job?guess that money will barely sustain her a month.Well in as must as i am not over religious,I still believe in miracle. All I can say is that man was favored because I don't think he has enough money to cover his trip which the VO is aware,I guess she was in a good mood.Congrats man,i tap from your testimony,I pray to meet a VO like dis when it's my turn.

Asides that...he doesn't even know the said uncle.
no idea of his age or how he got to the US ...yet he wants to spend over a million bucks to visit him.
if u ask me...the VO was in a very good mood or he was favored by God.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Intrepid01:
twice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
olantua:
I got to d embassy in lagos around 6:30am. And after all the queue and fingerprints was called to go to cubicle 5.

Vo- I am approving your visa now blah blah blah. That was all heard before I was given a white paper with an address circled. ' take care of your sleeping son' she said as I walked like a jagaban God turned me to with my boy sleeping on my shoulder.
Congrats but not having a lot of info on your uncle is a red flag.. your ties are solid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
bravedude:

True 950k is not enough but he said if he's issued the visa funding won't be a problem.... but with a diffferent V.O they will refuse him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
getostar:

Asides that...he doesn't even know the said uncle.
no idea of his age or how he got to the US ...yet he wants to spend over a million bucks to visit him.
if u ask me...the VO was in a very good mood or he was favored by God.
Ties trump purpose. I also had a coupla ' I don't knows ' in my interview.
But hey! Everything is a miracle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
bravedude:

A bank marketer can range from an Executive assistant to a GM. The vo saw his salary and has a fair idea of his level. Some marketers earn 400 and above. That's not a mean figure. He also has job security.
80k salary is not the only issue under consideration. Lenght of time worked etc factor in.
Egypt air is 390k. If they pay For flight and shop with with the change. What else are they paying for? Feeding, accomodation and local transport is Covered. The vo took time to even clarify this.
Lack of Objectivity is what makes folks keep on wasting money and blaming vos. yes I agree there are instances when the vos clearly goof. But IMO, this fellow had Ties

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

A bank marketer can range from an Executive assistant to a GM. The vo saw his salary and has a fair idea of his level. Some marketers earn 400 and above. That's not a mean figure. He also has job security.
80k salary is not the only issue under consideration. Lenght of time worked etc factor in.
Egypt air is 390k. If they pay For flight and shop with with the change. What else are they paying for? Feeding, accomodation and local transport is Covered. The vo took time to even clarify this.
Lack of Objectivity is what makes folks keep on wasting money and blaming vos. yes I agree there are instances when the vos clearly goof. But IMO, this fellow had Ties

You are right he has ties but I have seen and read of many people with better ties and are still refused,390k return ticket for family of 3 or is it 390kx3?what if this guy is just a regular bank marketer with less than 150k salary but filled 400k or there about as his monthly income?he doesn't even know the uncle that is inviting him over.Its more like the VO was giving him suggestions according to his transcript.Anyone that fails to believe America visa in Nigeria is a thing of luck,am sorry.GOd deserve a thanks giving from this man.Congrats once again,u are indeed favored.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Egypt air is 390k.

Lady G......are u serious?
Pls assist with a link i can check it out.
All the prices i'm seeing are crazy!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
getostar:

Lady G......are u serious?
Pls assist with a link i can check it out.
All the prices i'm seeing are crazy!
I got Turkish Airline for N430K for my bro...He left for NY on wednesday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
bravedude:

So the guys who were rejected were not favored? I believe in God too... but not the magical fairy that Nigerians seem to think grants them visas to foreign countries rather than blessing them in their own homeland.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
TWoods:

So the guys who were rejected were not favored? I believe in God too... but not the magical fairy that Nigerians seem to think grants them visas to foreign countries rather than blessing them in their own homeland.
Jah bless I And I!
That mentality is what makes nigerians sacrifice hard work on the altar of mediocrity and laziness.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
TWoods:

I believe in miracle, if you don't, leave me to believe what I want by not telling me what I can believe. It's sad the "basic" things of life is not basic in this part of the world; a third world country and you have only one life to experience the "normal" life & society, be it vacation, conference, family, medical; I think it's worth a million. Obvious to America, that people will want to escape or escapade, so they take your money (non refundable) and still scrutinize you. N54,400 is not chicken change to anyone to throw away because you made a slight mistake at the "ordinary" interview and VO bounced you & your passport or after you paid a return ticket, only to use it up same day at PoE- sadly it's a miracle to someone that's traveling for the 1st time, most times or anyone sef. For he shall rebuke the devourer grin I stand to be corrected, but that remains my opinion.
But wait, Vos actually say "congratulations"? undecided

olantua:

The questions were much from the vo and you were able to confidently answer her from what I can read in the transcript, probably new style they are switching to "Bombardier" Hehehe.
Keep the transcripts coming.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ralfoosha:

But wait, Vos actually say "congratulations"? undecided

Because the VOs know how much a US visa means to the average Nigerian. Sad.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
Truth be told about Non Immigrant visas, each applicant is deemed a prospective immigrant. Be you from the E.U, Asia or wherever.

Many of you dont even know what is called Diplomatic reciprocity, in the eye of the international community, Indians are more prone to abscond than any other country and they also have an alarming population but alas they are issued 10 years USA visa.

I personally dont like the idea of Miracle and God being ascribed to some basic things like filling your DS 160 accurately and knowing when the time is right to apply for any visa not just an American visa.But we can not take away the fact that naturally there are people more lucky and favoured than others, i dont want to delve into the factor responsible for this but it happens that is why our situations are different. some peoples luck may be their pretty/handsome face, their voice it can be just about anything to create that atmosphere where their case or situation is given more attention and slight error overlooked. Please lets let those that believe in a higher being to do so freely, dont force your beliefs on others.

About VOs saying "Congtratulations" to an applicant whose visa just got approved, i think it depends on the individual and not the Embassy he or she is stationed at. I was told congratulations when i got my USA visa at the embassy in London UK. My brother was told same in Germany,my cousin was told same in Denmark. While my parents applied and had their first visa applroved in Nigeria were not told congratulations.

I have seen on TV (US border force) where a UN diplomat from Holland was deported back because he presented first his dutch passport and that became legal, he was evaluated on that and was not found admissible (He has a UN passport and was going to attend a meeting with the trade ministers from 3 south South American countries). These shows that just about anyone can be denied entry and deported.

Also to the guy who has had a US visa denial in the past, even if you eventually become a citizen of Sweden you will still need to apply for visa as you have had a denial before. ESTA only applies to those who havent been denied visa or denied entry into USA.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.