Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,587 members, 7,878,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera (3858 Views)

Nigerians Don Suffer For This People Hand, Walhai...they Even Talk Say We No Kno / Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / Etcetera: Wake Up President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by rozayx5(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2015

Long long ago in 1979 when I was still sucking my mother’s breast, Audu Ogbeh ran for office in the Benue State House of Assembly on the platform of the National Party of Nigeria. He became deputy speaker of the house and he was 32 years old at that time. In another ancient year of the gods, in1982, Audu Ogbeh was one of the ministerial nominees that were screened by lawmakers, including the late Sola Saraki, the father of the current senate president, Bukola Saraki. He was appointed the Federal Minister of Communications, and later became Minister of Steel Development. His term of office ended in December 1983 when a military coup brought Major-General Buhari to power. He was almost clocking 40 at that time. Now in 2015, the year of the living, the same Audu Ogbeh has again been nominated as a minister. You don’t need to be an excellent mathematician to figure out how old Audu Ogbeh is today. Some of the names on Buhari’s ministerial list won’t even know how to send a thank you message to him from their expensive smart phones. And you are making them ministers at this age and time. Are we moving forward or backward?

Much has been said about all of President Buhari’s controversial appointments, not only his ministerial nominees, but to other key positions, as well as to the unaccountable (and probably unconstitutional) personal assistants. Much of our criticism has dwelled on the contrast between the president’s “zero tolerance to corruption” campaign and the lack of proper scrutiny of the individuals on his ministerial list —but that’s not the issue.

To the contrary, Buhari did investigate thoroughly and choose precisely. When the government of a country repeatedly nominates wrong individuals, it’s not a vetting error—it’s a pattern. We should not allow the president’s sympathisers to portray these appointments as a series of errors; but rather, we need to realise that President Buhari is simply nominating those who share his goals and ideology.

Most Nigerians have a hard time understanding this because they refuse to accept that Buhari is not going to be any different from past presidents. For months prior to the last election, I warned voters that everything we knew about President Buhari indicated that his views were far from the mainstream. This was obvious when one analyses his days as a military head of state.

The reality, of course, is that the president’s views are far from the mainstream and it is embarrassing that so many Nigerians fell for his candy-coated “change” mantra. Indeed, it appears that this administration may be worse than previous administrations. That some of the people on his ministerial list still have pending corruption cases at EFCC only confirms this. Some of the nominees hail from the same crowd who have placed this country in coma for so long. They hate Nigeria, or more precisely, they hate Nigeria’s heritage; Nigerian institutions, and the Nigerian constitution, and they are not ready to “change” a system that they have benefitted from for so many decades.

Most of these nominees hail from academia, where they were shielded from outside scrutiny while they quietly looted the country. But don’t let the cloak of academia fool you; they are now back to “change” Nigeria in ways most of us oppose. More importantly, Nigerians need to realise their views are the president’s views because he chose them knowing how badly they performed in previous governments.

The Nigerian media is partly responsible for bringing this upon us. There is little doubt the media engaged in a massive propaganda effort to convince Nigerians that Buhari was some kind of moderate; a breath of fresh air, a reformer, and the messiah who would hold us in the hand and lead us right straight to eldorado. Until Nigerians wake up and stop relying on the mainstream media for their source of news, they will continue to pay a heavy price for their ignorance. Can we sit back for a minute and ask ourselves what President Buhari’s objectives are? We can’t choose presidents before we know what they will do in office. What is the president’s mission over the next four years? And under that umbrella, what are his three or four most important objectives? We have seen too many presidents pursue too many things, or pursue the wrong things.

Nigeria is like a piece of hardware that hasn’t had any major upgrade over the last 55 years. I have heard people insinuating that Buhari is trying to compensate some of the persons on the ministerial list for their huge financial support during his election. Do you compensate someone by appointing him as minister? Are you authorizing him to recoup the money he spent getting you elected? My God, when are we going to get out of this predicament?

Copyright PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/nigerians-don-enter-one-chance/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by INTROVERT(f): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Even if the president is caught at beerhugz or Aqua dancing to olamide's shakitibobo and Mr Songs reggae blues after that, many would still beleive and say he is dancing there to ensure that he is still gallant to rule office and maybe fight corruption.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Ufranklin92(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Matters arising
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by rozayx5(m): 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ufranklin92:
Matters arising

lalasticlala
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil TonyeBarcanista ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher x5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by mrjangaweed: 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
grin

when I say that Buhari is a terrorist I don't tag him with the likes of Osama bin Laden rather am telling you categorically the Buhari and Imam Abubakar shekau are within the same class because both are illiterate terrorist

- Nasir Elrufai (june 23 2015)

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by kinibigdeal(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
#seconded
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Giddyprance(m): 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Giddyprance(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
Our ministerial positions have become 'thank you' packages

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by mrjangaweed: 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
ngeneukwenu
omenka
passingshot
midolian
abduljabbar4
HungerBAD
koboko69
demdem
donphilopus cheesy

i invoke all these spirit in this thread Insha'Allah amin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by ellechrystal(f): 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lol
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Observant: 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
When you share a country with brainless zombies from Africa incapable of reasoning, this is what you get.
A contraption of the damned.......

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Johnrake69: 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
There are times we are powerless to injustice. But, there should never be a time we fail to protest.... ANONYMOUS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Young03(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
and so
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by magicalx(m): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
I weep for the youth on nairaland, they keep defending this old men when there are capable young men to make ministers, ecterca you have spoken well God bless you

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Truckpusher(m): 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
Even if the president is caught at beerhugz or Aqua dancing to olamide's shakitibobo and Mr Songs reggae blues after that, many would still beleive and say he is dancing there to ensure that he is still gallant to rule office and maybe fight corruption.
grin grin grin

My belle o..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Truckpusher(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
When we specifically called this man a useless ancient relic that has no modern value ,they called us wailers.

I wouldn't even allow my father to marshall out the way forward for me and my siblings in a family meeting when he's already old - we should be the one marshaling out the way forward because we belong to the future , but again how do you explain this to some bunch of zombies with an IQ of a rodent?

Nigerians will pay and that is a fact.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Tocheagle(m): 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nigerians enter one chance like etcetras career

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
The world is going deeper and deeper digitally. And Nigeria is seriously going analogy. Tell me how do we expect to catch up with the caprices of the world with old men who still think "west germany" exist. We are doomed in this country. All this youths chanting sai buhari are the bigger fools.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by koboko69: 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
mrjangaweed:
ngeneukwenu
omenka
passingshot
midolian
abduljabbar4
HungerBAD
koboko69
demdem
donphilopus cheesy

i invoke all these spirit in this thread Insha'Allah amin

Low lifer. Ok I am reading.
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by danemenike: 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
#tankU4urSupportIgiveUminister
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
When we specifically called this man a useless ancient relic that has no modern value ,they called us wailers.

I wouldn't even allow my father to marshall out the way forward for me and my siblings in a family meeting when he's already old - we should be the one marshaling out the way forward because we belong to the future , but again how do you explain this to some bunch of zombies with an IQ of a rodent?

Nigerians will pay and that is a fact.

Hey! Comparing the IQ of "sai baba chanters" with that of a rodent is an insult to some rodents.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by nigerianvenom(m): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
The truth is that Buhari is a punishment to nigerians by God.
Thats d truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by HungerBAD: 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pascal Uche Ejikeme, better known as Etcetera,is trying very hard to be relevant in the writing-sphere in Nigeria.

This is a failed Musician, turned writer, and from all indications, will soon be a failed writer too. But, i digress as we will still come back to visit Pascal Uche Ejikeme Also known as Etcetera later.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme is not an innocent wailer, like those on Nairaland. Pascal Uche Ejikeme is getting paid, by the PDP to write damaging news about this Government, with a view in making the Government of Buhari look bad in the eyes of the Populance, but we are not fooled, as we can see the strings of the puppeteers controlling the puppet.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme, specifically mentioned Audu Ogbeh as his case study, in everything that has gone wrong with Buhari's Government. He said Ogbeh is too old.

It is sad, that it is only in Nigeria that AGE, is still a factor in anything. There is a reason why in developed countries,Date of Births(D.O.B) are not asked for in your Resume(C.V),as it is against the law to discriminate against people based on their Age, Sex, Sexual Preference,Color,Religion and a host of others.

When technocrats, are sworn into positions of Authority. They are sworn in because of the special expertise of their areas, and that is what we should be looking at and not their age.

Audu Ogbeh is a seasoned technocrat, and honestly, Nigeria needs seasoned technocrats now.

Joe Biden is the Vice President of the United States. Joe Biden, got elected into the US Senate on January 3, 1973 and he was a Senator until he left to become the Vice President in January 15, 2009.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme, better known as Etcetera, please do the Calculation for me. 1973-2009?same man?and a great Country like the United States felt he had something to offer them, hence they voted for a "CHANGE" too. The truth is,President Buhari has made a good choice, in picking Audu Ogbeh and the man should be screened,cleared and allowed to work.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme, there is nothing controversial about Buhari's appointees, and i want you to take that message back to the people that gave you those "BROWN ENVELOPES" to start shopping for your Christmas things in October, and tell them your attempt to write unfounded rubbish about the President has been rebuffed by Nigerian's.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme, i see you have an Eastern name. Or is your continual write up against President Buhari, be as a result of the MASSOB and OHANEZE Effect? the MASSOB and OHANEZE Effect, is when the two Anti-Nigeria body(MASSOB and OHANEZE)gave instructions, to those who are gullible to their antics.

To just start attacking any policies of President Buhari, even if such Policies were put in Place to better the life of Nigerians.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme is a failure.

I will advice he sticks to things in his comfort zone to write about, stories like those of Tonto Dikeh and Baba Suwe. Pascal Uche Ejikeme is intellectually Bankrupt, to start talking about things way past his level of comprehension.

Pascal Uche Ejikeme should go back to singing Makossa, and if he insists on remaining a writer, then he should write about Burna Boy and Tonto Dikeh.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by francizy(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2015
Well, I've decided to just share more and comment less these days.. May God help us survive this volcanic erroption and molten madman (magma) and his party members..

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by EbukaFran: 12:02am On Oct 11, 2015
francizy:
cheesy

Very funny indeed

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by scribble: 12:03am On Oct 11, 2015
Before?
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by francizy(m): 12:05am On Oct 11, 2015
EbukaFran:

Very funny indeed

grin grin grin grin

Ogbeni, you don repent? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I no dey see you attack PDP fans and Igbos anymore.. grin

Sai Baba don clear your doubt too?
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Megatone(m): 12:06am On Oct 11, 2015
Old habits die hard.....

D Truth is PMB has never been a good leader, history would let you know that.

Most of these sai buhari chanters wer either still infants or better still not born when he was HOS in 1984 where he made a mess of himself....

APC is scam..... When i saw the type of people there both the elites, learned and illitrates alike, all of questionable characters, Association of Propaganda Criminals. I knew the party had nothing to offer nigerians.

Just take a look at the ministerial/compensation list, a BIG joke to nigerians after waiting for 4 months. Please do check their background...aside a few.

Insurgency on the rise while the Economy is in decline.....

When you talk dey say you Wail but they Wail in the inside but pride wont let them express the agony they face.....

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by illiad: 12:15am On Oct 11, 2015
K
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by BALLOSKI: 12:17am On Oct 11, 2015
Etcetera, keep shut!
Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by BALLOSKI: 12:21am On Oct 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
[s]When we specifically called this man a useless ancient relic that has no modern value ,they called us wailers.

Nigerians will pay and that is a fact.[/s]
euhedra flatus!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don Enter One Chance .- Etcetera by Firefire(m): 12:29am On Oct 11, 2015
I want my people to regret their foolish action supporting a failure as president in 2015.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? / See The Moment Charlyboy Collapsed After Being Shot With Teargas (photo) / Shocking: A Nigerians Shocking Experience With President Buhari In Paris, France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.