Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) (26172 Views)

UNICAL Students Confronted With "Nigerian Youth Are Lazy" Question In Exam / UNICAL Students Celebrate Their Graduation In Style (phtos/video) / Newly Admitted UNICAL Students Pour Each Other Water To Celebrate (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:
;Dyour leg go bend before you reach house.
No be small tin grin,D
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by PweshyNonny: 9:12am On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=aiksneffects post=38900990][/quote]lol wetin concern toilet n STD abeg.
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by donem: 9:20am On Oct 12, 2015
hardbody:

I am almost certain i can teach your father English language and guess what, I graduated from that University. If you are not a bum, visit the University internet site and see for yourself some of the ambassadors from that University. And while at it, I am near certain i can employ and pay you upfront, for a lifetime. Maggot like you generalizing on matters your brain knows nothing about.

Ijiat.
Snr ex malabite much respect, from an ex malabite.
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by stlaibrowne(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:
More pics

Misreal instead of posting pictures alone you should update us with the cause of the students fight back, their demands, the prior process that led to this and the management reaction please do that or rather any unical students that's on field that can do this some of us want to know what exactly is going on so as send solidarity and necessary intervention. Victory to students. .. Amandla. ..
Workers and youth.. unite and fight
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by xamuelotu(m): 9:24am On Oct 12, 2015
nurex01:
let me say dis university is among d worst university we have in nigeria. where students will be using money and other parts of d body to obtain a grade. imagine a university student cant speak english language fluently. should dis school be scrapped?
mumu
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by mysteriousman(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Ok
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by 4stylz: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:
.i dedicate this fp today to my mama who gave me suck when I was a baby. I also dedicate this ftc to my father who paid a huge price for me to actualize my dreamm

So you have achieved something great in your life by been the first to write trash here right?

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 12, 2015
sigiyaya:
I don't know why i keep having this feelings that our universities are specially design to keep our youth busy while our politicians keep looting our money and their children study abroad to come back and take over from the fathers when they are physically weak embarassed embarassed

Its high time they upgraded these hostels they ve been in existence for the past 35yrs no single renovation has been done on these hostels, you need to see the squalid conditions and the terrible stench coming from these hostels.

I advice guys to avoid the malabresses atleast dont sleep with them cos they carry viruses in their pouches. cool
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Equado(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2015
They better be civil about it. It was 2011 when a protest like this caused the total shutdown of the school for 7months. Ohh the days. I miss unical sha

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by gtim4uall: 9:45am On Oct 12, 2015
Pix

Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by imma2(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:
The students of the university of calabar are protesting right now.

They blocked all entrance to the school, refusing the movement of students both in and out of the school.

They kept chanting the VC's name. Some students claim since the Vc came into office, he has done nothing.

While those in the in the hostel are living in anguish. No water and power, including absolutely unusable toilets for the females. ...stay with me as I keep you updated

CC lalasticlala ishilove
Who told you the protest is peaceful? This stupidity started as early as 6am where guys with black overall brandishing machetes, guns started destroying school property at the main camp. My cousin narrated the story to me cause was just returning from night class so I guess she witnessed it first hand
From your pictures, it seems you just arrived school. It's the security men that locked the school gates. You don't know the kind of destruction students have done inside school.

Well, na una business...I done graduate. The last time this happened na six months we stay for house. Una turn dey load
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by rane06(f): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2015
Oh my Unical!!!

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by 400billionman: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:

They blocked all entrance to the school, refusing the movement of students both in and out of the school.

They kept chanting the VC's name. Some students claim since the Vc came into office, he has done nothing.

While those in the in the hostel are living in anguish. No water and power, including absolutely unusable toilets for the females. ...stay with me as I keep you updated

CC lalasticlala ishilove

Does it mean guys do not need toilets or its safe for them defeacating in nearby bushes ?
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by 400billionman: 10:20am On Oct 12, 2015
sigiyaya:
I don't know why i keep having this feelings that our universities are specially design to keep our youth busy while our politicians keep looting our money and their children study abroad to come back and take over from the fathers when they are physically weak embarassed embarassed

You are seeing in the spirit..
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by eterisan(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2015
UNICAL my UNICAL.. I pray this doesn't go beyond protest o.. It should be resolved quickly abeg.

Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Adaeze003(f): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2015
nurex01:
let me say dis university is among d worst university we have in nigeria. where students will be using money and other parts of d body to obtain a grade. imagine a university student cant speak english language fluently. should dis school be scrapped?

And where did you graduate from? I guess all the lecturers and students there are saints?

Ogbeni sit down.
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2015
sigiyaya:

It's still better than nothing. What if the university was not even there at all to keep the said youths busy?
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:
.i dedicate this fp today to my mama who gave me suck when I was a baby. I also dedicate this ftc to my father who paid a huge price for me to actualize my dreamm

Good for you
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2015
misreal:

CC lalasticlala ishilove

Poor management!

Unskilled staffs
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Soneh(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2015
imma2:
Who told you the protest is peaceful? This stupidity started as early as 6am where guys with black overall brandishing machetes, guns started destroying school property at the main camp. My cousin narrated the story to me cause was just returning from night class so I guess she witnessed it first hand
From your pictures, it seems you just arrived school. It's the security men that locked the school gates. You don't know the kind of destruction students have done inside school.

Well, na una business...I done graduate. The last time this happened na six months we stay for house. Una turn dey load
your sister must be lying because so far the protest has been peaceful,the only incidence close to violence that occured was when the students were trying to force the vc into the toilet to see the conditon of the toilet to which he refused which got most of the students infuriated ,it took the intervention of his personal security to prevent the students from forcing him into the toilet.please stop misinforming people because so far the protest has been peaceful with no single case of destruction of properties
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2015
eterisan:
UNICAL my UNICAL.. I pray this doesn't go beyond protest o.. It should be resolved quickly abeg.

Good for them

They will regret at last...
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 12, 2015
Greatest Malabites and Malabresses,

Please keep the protest peaceful.

No destruction of lives and properties.

One for all. . .All for One

Aluta Continua. . .

Victoria Ascerta. . .
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Adaeze003(f): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2015
Soneh:

your sister must be lying because so far the protest has been peaceful,the only incidence close to violence that occured was when the students were trying to force the vc into the toilet to see the conditon of the toilet to which he refused which got most of the students infuriated ,it took the intervention of his personal security to prevent the students from forcing him into the toilet.please stop misinforming people because so far the protest has been peaceful with no single case of destruction of properties

grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao! Why didn't he enter?
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2015
Eddyslim, come and update us.
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by DonProphet: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2015
If they protesting for this what should the UNN students have done. The fact is that most of these people that are making education expensive are trained by their communities or on scholarship. They use the university as a money making venture where they make money to build factories abroad and also for political patronage.
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 12, 2015
From a very reliable source:

"We want a reduction in school fees, a reduction in acceptance fees and the implementation of the budget that was handed over to d sch by the SUG. That's the true essence of the protest. Aside from that there have been no water or light for the past two days now and infact that is wat evoked the protest this morning".

Francis Ejen.
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by Soneh(m): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Adaeze003:

grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao! Why didn't he enter?
the stench from that place is something else ,infact i'm already developing pot belly because of the stench
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by bolaino(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
sigiyaya:
you are wise
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by bummyla(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
okay! They are demanding their right! No wahala! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by imma2(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
Soneh:

Oga, where you there from the inception of the saga? So don't tell me rubbish about misinformation
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by MrHighSea: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
Peaceful protest...unlike dm, cnt see broken glasses
Re: UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) by eddyroyal(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
nurex01:
have you examined all they students? Mr DEDUCER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Short Service Commission Aptitude Test Past Questions / Ikekpeazu Chidinma Gets N500,000 From KBK Foundation / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread}

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.