Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,468 members, 7,917,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:57 AM

Strictly For Bikers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Strictly For Bikers (2893 Views)

Question For Bikers - Could You Have Avoided This Crash / For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 13, 2015
I went to my local bike shop to pick up new leathers and brain protector and thought I should share how they tempt son of man to go into debt over here grin

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 13, 2015
Now for the faint hearted, they'll have you signing papers in no time cheesy

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 13, 2015
Scrumptious delights cool

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 13, 2015
He who dies with the most toys win. Yes? cheesy

Re: Strictly For Bikers by mufutau55(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:
He who dies with the most toys win. Yes? cheesy

You are one of the "Ride or Die" Boys eh!
Last time I rode was in Nigeria with "Honda 175" in those days (early 70s) before the introduction of Okadas.. and everything went south.
I have own Mobylette (sold by PZ), Honda 50, Yamaha 100, Suzuki 80 and Vespa before my last a very big at the time Honda175.
I used to love Motor-cycles. Even when I bought Volkswagen 1300 Beetles, I still kept my Honda for jolly rides.

Note: If I was still into it, I would have been a Harley rider now... I love their big touring cycles.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Bikers by mufutau55(m): 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
DECOtech:
Are you cityNG?

Who is CityNG? Not related.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
mufutau55:

You are one of the "Ride or Die" Boys eh!
Last time I rode was in Nigeria with "Honda 175" in those days (early 70s) before the introduction of Okadas.. and everything went south.
I have own Mobylette (sold by PZ), Honda 50, Yamaha 100, Suzuki 80 and Vespa before my last a very big at the time Honda175.
I used to love Motor-cycles. Even when I bought Volkswagen 1300 Beetles, I still kept my Honda for jolly rides.

Note: If I was still into it, I would have been a Harley rider now... I love their big touring cycles.

Hajji M.

I'm picking up a Puegeot Moblette for historical purposes grin
Re: Strictly For Bikers by mufutau55(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm picking up a Puegeot Moblette for historical purposes grin

The Peugeot Mobbylette were very nice.. forgot to include them in my list... it was the first Mobylette I bought in Zaria, but they only have single seat then so I converted them to two seats with a shocks-absorber from the original Mobylette and it was not strong enough for me and my passenger.
So I sold it to a single lady who love it very much, and I later bought the original two seat PZ Mobylette... that was in the days.
Please send me a photo so I can see how they looks now.
I will look in the archive to see if I can get the Black and White photo (there was no color photo then) scan it and send or post it.

Hajji M.
Re: Strictly For Bikers by mufutau55(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dieumerci:

Are you cityNG?

Who is CityNG? Not related.
Hajji M.

But me thinks that CityNG = EgunMogaji

Probably, but I am not sure. May be you have something that can relate them?

Hajji M.
Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
mufutau55:

The Peugeot Mobbylette were very nice.. forgot to include them in my list... it was the first Mobylette I bought in Zaria, but they only have single seat then so I converted them to two seats with a shocks-absorber from the original Mobylette and it was not strong enough for me and my passenger.
So I sold it to a single lady who love it very much, and I later bought the original two seat PZ Mobylette... that was in the days.
I will look in the archive to see if I can get the Black and White photo (there was no color photo then) scan it and send or post it.

Hajji M.

It's a 1976 model so it'll look familiar but I'll post pics.
Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 17, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

The one i was looking for is sold I think but they have this brand which I am not familiar with. That one was 1,000 percent better.

I'm also looking at a Vespa.

Re: Strictly For Bikers by mufutau55(m): 4:09am On Oct 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

The one i was looking for is sold I think but they have this brand which I am not familiar with. That one was 1,000 percent better.

Yeah! Found some on the net... This is the exact one I converted to a two seater using a salvaged original PZ Mobylette shocks and long seat.
Good old day... My little Hausa girl-friend really enjoyed it then in Zaria.

1. Peugeot Mobylette (Red)
2. Original Mobylette (Blue)

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 21, 2015
Just finished riding Pacific Coast Highway. An awesome awesome ride.

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 21, 2015
Hopefully none of you guys are using open face helmets.

I'm ordering a Shoei RF1200 full face to replace my current flip up helmet.

All flip up helmets are not SNELL certified. I want a helmet that is both DOT and SNELL certified and the RF1200 is.

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2015
What brand of helmets do you folks wear? What's common in Nigeria?

My current helmet is a Scorpion.
Re: Strictly For Bikers by lonelydora: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Vespa is modernised keke Marwa.

This Mobylette reminds me of our History teacher nicknamed "Bayajida" (name culled from Hausa history or so) back in secondary school. Whenever we hear that "ta ta ta" sound when know it's time for history lessons.

I will like to own a Vespa though.
Re: Strictly For Bikers by Shagati(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Roof Boxer V8 (flip up) for city

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Shagati(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

........and AGV K4 EVO for touring/travel

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Shagati(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Hopefully none of you guys are using open face helmets.
I'm ordering a Shoei RF1200 full face to replace my current flip up helmet.
All flip up helmets are not SNELL certified. I want a helmet that is both DOT and SNELL certified and the RF1200 is.

No open face except with a couple of cruiser riders that clock maybe 200km per year.
Flip-ups are quite popular though for the flexibility it offers. (See previous post)
Other chaps swear by the full face and will have it no other way
Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 4:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Shagati:

Roof Boxer V8 (flip up) for city

Okay I love this, we don't have as such over here.

Nice.
Re: Strictly For Bikers by oblo(m): 4:41am On Oct 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

This two shud be in next month....anyone interested?? wink

Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 22, 2015
oblo:

This two shud be in next month....anyone interested?? wink

What brain bucket do you wear? grin
Re: Strictly For Bikers by kolnel: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Nice pix sir
You look like remy Gardner
Re: Strictly For Bikers by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
kolnel:
Nice pix sir
You look like remy Gardner

Thanks grin

Only that he's about 100 pounds lighter and about the same mph faster cheesy

Re: Strictly For Bikers by nigeriancuban: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
where is charly boy BTW,this trend should be for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner / 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse / Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.