Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,083 members, 7,909,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:09 PM

Pls Can It Be An Asthma? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Can It Be An Asthma? (919 Views)

How To Cure Asthma / Is There A Permanent Cure For Asthma / Asthma Patients. How Do You Make Your Life Bearable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can It Be An Asthma? by osilekan4u: 7:42pm On Apr 27, 2009
hmmmm landers, i noticed that i used to get difficulties breathing when ppl fry oil and around me.Not only that at times when d surounding is stuffy  and cold, i used to have a cough.But the annoying thing is that at times it makes my breathing to b high and it makes it difficult to breath properlly.initially, i take "orogbo"(bitter cola) which to some extent relief me.but u know whnenever  i experience it again and i try the bitter cola if wont work and on such occasion i don't find it easy at all.That is how i used to do until sombody told me to use ventolin tablet, that it regulates the way one breaths.Truthfully when i experineced such again i took the ventolin and it relieved me.I could breath properly.
Please can it be an asthma?i don't want to b dependent on drugs na and by the way,ccan;t it have side effect?Please advise me.
Re: Pls Can It Be An Asthma? by Sissy3(f): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
Asthma signs and symptoms include:

* Shortness of breath
    * Chest tightness or pain
    * Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
    * An audible whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling
    * Bouts of coughing or wheezing that are worsened by a respiratory virus such as a cold or the flu

Early Warning Signs:
This is a list of some of the earliest asthma symptoms that tell you problems with breathing may be starting:

* Feeling tired
    * Itchy throat
    * Runny nose
    * Headache
    * Chest tightness
    * Change in the color, amount, or thickness of mucus

if you experience any of the listed symptoms above on several occasions you may have asthma and I do suggest you see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment
Re: Pls Can It Be An Asthma? by osilekan4u: 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2009
sissy,u knw though i have not experinced most of the symtoms u list but that of high breathing, i do and wen i do to sleep @ nit na issues.May be i shuld find time to see a doctor sebi it has permanent drugs na
Re: Pls Can It Be An Asthma? by osilekan4u: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
sissy,u knw though i have not experinced most of the symtoms u list but that of high breathing, i do and wen i do to sleep @ nit na issues.May be i shuld find time to see a doctor sebi it has permanent drugs na
Re: Pls Can It Be An Asthma? by PHARMTOKI(f): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2009
Long term effects of salbutamol are very unpleasant and should not be used indiscriminately.Anyways try natural methods.Less side effects
Re: Pls Can It Be An Asthma? by Sissy3(f): 5:32am On May 01, 2009
osilekan4u:

since you dont have more than the symptoms of asthma listed, i think you have breathing problem during sleep. Breathing disorders during sleep (SDB) occur either when there are deficiencies in neurally generated rhythmic respiratory efforts or when there is normal generation of rhythmic efforts but mechanically impeded airflow in upper airways. so I'd suggest you see a doctor especially one specializing in sleep studies. or tell your primary/regular physician to recommend one for you who can properly diagnose your symptoms.

(1) (Reply)

The Only Undiluted , Concentrated And Original Honey In Lagos! / High Prolactin / Cure Your Black Spot And Acnes In Less Then 8 Days Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.