Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,610 members, 7,932,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:25 PM

Is Nigeria A Failed State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Failed State? (973 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Nigeria Is Becoming A Failed State – Prof. Ben Nwabueze / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Failed State? by FKseun(m): 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2009
I don't know what else we are waiting for to confirm that we have failed as a nation! The only sustaining factor is availability of crude oil. Just check out the following and tell me how are different from Somalia:

Militants are in charge of the creeks in the Niger Delta
Kidnapping is spreading like wild fire
We can not conduct a free and fair election (Ekiti a typical example)
Robbers are taking over the nation
Policemen collect bribe with reckless abandon and the authorities behave as if they do not ply the same road as the commoners
A minister shed tears on experiencing the terrible state of the Lagos-Benin road about 1yr ago and promised speedy repair (statusquo is unchanged)
Our universities are not better than primary schools in Ghana
Portable water?
Electricity?
Motorable roads?
Health care?
etc etc etc
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by bashr4: 3:37am On Jul 14, 2011
hmmm
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Chyz2: 3:39am On Jul 14, 2011
You're late!
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by EzeUche(m): 3:43am On Jul 14, 2011
We already know this. . .
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by juman(m): 5:05am On Jul 14, 2011
I pity the man in charge. He came on board when everything is upside down.

With the country little budget and we have everything to be corrected.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 14, 2011
juman:

I pity the man in charge. He came on board when everything is upside down.

With the country little budget and we have everything to be corrected.

Exactly!! The weight of 150mill+ souls are on GEJ and he is still very young to govt. hopefully he isn't to ideologies and deep thoughts!!!

Sometime when people call him clueless, odechukwu etc, I wonder what they expect of him who is just getting used to the power he is wielding,

The best thing for GEJ is to dump all the weight of each state on each state!! That's the best option really!!
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by dayokanu(m): 5:33am On Jul 14, 2011
Nope

Odechuwu has been VP since 2007 and President for 1 and half years So how many year does he need to understand governance.

@OP, Thanks to the reetarded fellow we have as president. Th most clueless president ever

Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by juman(m): 5:53am On Jul 14, 2011
0lumide:

Exactly!! The weight of 150mill+ souls are on GEJ and he is still very young to govt. hopefully he isn't to ideologies and deep thoughts!!!

Sometime when people call him clueless, odechukwu etc, I wonder what they expect of him who is just getting used to the power he is wielding,

The best thing for GEJ is to dump all the weight of each state on each state!! That's the best option really!!

Nigeria is not a good country.

People are angry in the South and in the North. Even if the issue of Brothers is settled another problem will come up.

A country under perpetual misrule for very very long time!

How are we going to solve our very very numerous problems. They are too many.

I think serious People should act beyond federal government and do something tangible.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 14, 2011
juman:

Nigeria is not a good country.

People are angry in the South and in the North. Even if the issue of Brothers is settled another problem will come up.

A country under perpetual misrule for very very long time!

How are we going to solve our very very numerous problems. They are too many.

I seriously laugh when people want an overnight change you know. I'm glad you see that our problems are too numerous for a 1.9yr administration to solve,

I believe ideas take years of practice to yield result also takes years to reverse it too, I mean Nigeria has been in the wrong direction since the 60s but some people expect someone to correct it in one night,

Though there are some things that could hasten reverse of the negative and one is security, free/good and compulsory education and healthcare!! The effect of a couple of years of free education is what SW is still enjoying because education in SW now is a shame! A big one!!!

These things are needed seriously and it will take an academic generation for the results to materialize but nope!! Some people are too busy blaming odechukwu instead protesting to get good results,

Right now, Nigerian government will do anything the people want and are willing to die for (So i believe) MEND already taught them a lesson they will never forget. Boko Haram is teaching them security lessons as well,
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by obowunmi(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2011
Dayo is on point.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by 1025: 9:40am On Jul 14, 2011

@olumide,
whose weight is on jonathan? can u mention just one thing you have benefited from jonathan as a president that makes you think your weight is on him. what do u say to countries like india, usa and china? is obama older than jonathan? was jonathan forced to be our president? if you say nigeria has 10 billion problems, i will agree with you but the most important thing is for a president to concentrate on one or two and get that resolved. we all saw obasanjo make impossibility possible in the area of telecommunication. those of us who used to visit nitel in those days can testify to that.
jonathan came in and declared emergency in the power sector, so we are waiting for ever to know what emergency means - maybe forever and ever.
in government, we have division of labour and once this is done with a systematic observation, things will be flowing.
how can we get a good governance when the judge cannot decide a case without hearing from the president?
how can we progress when sss and other security agents cannot effect an arrest without the consent of the president? did we not see yar adua in his rule of law and how great men like el rufai and ribadu ran away from nigeria and justice? was it not this same jonathan that destroyed all that and forced all agents to stop all charges against them?
ur jonathan is not clean hence cannot fight corruption. ur jonathan is not ready to work because his advisers and friends are symbol of failures.
why is a particular man representing the ministerial position of abia state since 1999 till date? does it mean he is the only wise or informed man in the whole state?
jonathan is a saint whose wife's name in pending on the efcc criminal case file, what do we do?
the only impact i v gotten from jonathan since he became president is the increment in the electricity tariff. you are increasing the price of a good you do not even supply - criminal.
for like one week now, my area is yet to see a flash of electricity and i will definitely pay the service charge among other things.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by dayokanu(m): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^ On point.

Imagine a useless OBJ resolved telecommunications within 2yrs of being President while Odechukwu is still perambulating cluelessly arround

(1) (Reply)

Change NTA To NTS (Nigerian Television Service) / Breaking News: Former President Commits Suicide For Corruption! / Thins Fall Apart Is 14th Best Book In The World-the Only One From Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.