Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,660 members, 7,979,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:48 AM

Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari (973 Views)

Jigawa Residents Receive N5000 Promised By Buhari During 2015 Campaign / Prominent Nigerians Plotting ‘civilian Coup’ Against Buhari – Groups / How Plans To Kidnap Attahiru Jega During 2015 Election Failed – Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by sorextee(m): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday revealed how many Nigerians and some media outfits tried to scuttle his march to Aso Rock.
He described the postponement barely 10 days to the poll as one of the many plots by former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his agents against him.
The election which was originally scheduled for February 14, was shifted to March 28 ostensibly to give the Army enough time to tackle the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-east and for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) the opportunity to distribute the Permanent Voters Card (PVC).
But Shehu said the shift was actually a ploy to rig the election in favour of then incumbent and a coup against Buhari.
He specifically named the then National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki as one of the masterminds of the several plots or “coup” against him.
The President who spoke during the Red Media Summit in Lagos yesterday restated his gratitude to Nigerians for his victory, which he said occurred against all odds.
Represented by Garba Shehu, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Buhari said he won the election despite the use of state forces against him.
“Americans say that elections are won on the dollar. It’s very improbable that anybody can win an election without money. We didn’t have advertising money on our campaign. Even when we had little money to spend on advertising, the Nigerian Television Authority was not making available to us slots, neither was AIT. “I remember on a particular night I called NTA, they had 16 slots of one minute adverts and I said I wanted to buy one minute for the Buhari campaign, they said all 16 had been sold.
“Some other instances that exposed the partisan nature of the NTA. Money was returned to us, from AIT money was returned to us. They simply won’t advertise for us.”Shehu expressed the presidency’s gratitude to Statecraft, an arm on The Red Media, for “selling an unlikely candidate to a very skeptical nation.”

“The day there was a security siege at my home, I woke up to see that my house had been surrounded by armed policemen in the course of the campaign. In fact it was the cocking of their guns that rose me and my family members from our sleep. Only to discover that tens of policemen, police vehicles, and some other unidentified vehicles darkened our windows around my home.
“The first thing I did was to say ‘Who will help me out of this situation?’ I needed to expose what was going on, and the‎ first man I reached was Adebola Williams of Statecraft. Adebola began to announce on Facebook and Twitter from that moment until the security elements realized that the whole world was looking at what they were doing, because I remained indoors throughout the siege.
“Of course it was much later that we came to know why they had come. Even the APC Presidential Campaign was penetrated by fifth columnists, and I will make this confession, because a day before that siege we had had a meeting with the security committee at which we agreed that we were going to run a story announcing that the National Security Adviser at that time, Mr. Sambo Dasuki, was staging a second coup d’etat against Muhammadu Buhari.
“The former National Security Adviser was involved in a coup that threw out Muhammadu Buhari as military president in 1984.
“This time around, all the things that followed, the postponement of the election on account of this and that and a lot of the thinking of the campaign was that this was yet another coup being hatched by the National Security Adviser and we eventually discovered that this siege on our homes was to pre-empt the story.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/coup-against-me-during-2015-elections-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Gbawe: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2015
like Fela would say, Dasuki "go hear wien". He fully deserves it. All professional soldiers , whether active or retired, are trained to follow orders from their superior officer/boss. Yet the best Soldiers, who remain dedicated to professionalism and country above all else, will draw the line at being used as 'tools' to harass innocent civilians who have done no wrong and are merely pursuing what the laws and constitutions of a Country entitles them to fight for. I.e the chance to vote and be voted for. What did Buhari do to have a 'battalion' surround his house, during the election period, cocking their guns loudly and intimidatingly?

Shame on Dasuki. Another 'jeun-jeun' disgrace to the Nigerian army same as all those clowns who orchestrated the whole Buhari certificate saga. I think PMB is even handling them leniently. Those fools disgraced Nigeria, allowed themselves to be used partisanly, and made our military appear unprofessional, unprincipled, hungry and easily corrupted.

“The day there was a security siege at my home, I woke up to see that my house had been surrounded by armed policemen in the course of the campaign. In fact it was the cocking of their guns that rose me and my family members from our sleep. Only to discover that tens of policemen, police vehicles, and some other unidentified vehicles darkened our windows around my home.
“The first thing I did was to say ‘Who will help me out of this situation?’ I needed to expose what was going on, and the‎ first man I reached was Adebola Williams of Statecraft. Adebola began to announce on Facebook and Twitter from that moment until the security elements realized that the whole world was looking at what they were doing, because I remained indoors throughout the siege.

2 Likes

Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by tempest01(m): 10:56am On Oct 16, 2015
No wonder fg is going after dasuki
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by WHOcarex: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2015
It haf do
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2015
Coming from a coupist himself.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by allytinted: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2015
d poster above me never bath
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by nosiebaba(m): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2015
I don't understan this op, shehu Garba said something and you reported it as something Buhari said from his own mouth.
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by Feranchek(m): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2015
Dem no reash!!!
Re: Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari by advocates: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
I feel embarrassed by those who hailed former President Jonathan for conceding defeat like he has done us a favour not minding the show of shame that greeted the post election period. So disgracefully that a supposedly professional and sensitive military was compromised. Not to talk of media houses that made it no secret to brazenly maligned the President's name.

What is democratic about Jonathan's acceptance of election defeat? The postponement of the election is an impunity that displayed a man who was desperate enough to clinch to power even if the whole country burns down. Yet some misled, social miscreants, tribal warlords and gullible youths will have no shame to. call him democratic.

This only goes to shows the stinky level of partisanship and clannishness that characterised our political land scape.

Those who used the instruments of government to fight the president and those who unjustly allowed themselves to be used have been well chronicled and a deserveably punishment will be meted out to them. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Indian Spiritualists Demand Nmillions To Save Diezani Madueke / The Cowardliness Of Nairaland And Some Other News Site By E-doctor / Never Again Would Politicians Seek Public Office For Personal Gains – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.