Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,297 members, 7,881,096 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:19 PM

Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing (4625 Views)

Sen. Saraki's Saga: Is APC Truly Wolf In Sheep's Clothing? / Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up / A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing!orji Uzor Kalu Blasts Theodore Orji. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
o boy see fyne fyne girls flocking round me. ok kobo u first, then hot. ;d. but no dora pls, dont want to report at the nearest station.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
Is this your some sort of Joke? Or is it that you have no answer to offer at all?
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
NIGERIA IS A GREAT NATION, WHERE ELSE WOULD U HAVE YAR DUA FOR A PRESIDENT, GOODLUCK AS THE VP, OKIRO AS IG AND AONDOKA AS THE ATTORNEY GENERAL.

GREAT PEOPLE,
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Hotstepper(f): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Xavier, if u dont have answer 4 peeps, den say so and stop playing around and talking out of point

PS, next time, make sure u can defend da rubbish u post

and am not a tribalist or feminist,
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Grizzly(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
@xavier,
The topic of this thread is based primarily on ur sentiments. I'm no Dora fan, but wat i know is u cant just discredit dora's whole achievements at the snap of a finger because of wat she did or didnt say. We all know who is speakin through her.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
NO OFFENCE KOBO WAS MEANT TO BE A JOKE

BUT REALLY THIS UR 'AINT SEEING IT' ACT IS EXASPERATING
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2009
Grizzly:

@xavier,
The topic of this thread is based primarily on ur sentiments. I'm no Dora fan, but wat i know is u cant just discredit dora's whole achievements at the snap of a finger because of wat she did or didnt say. We all know who is speakin through her.

KINDLY EDIT THE ENBOLDEN PART, COS U RE NOT DOING JUSTICE TO URSELF.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2009
Akunyili said the Federal Government viewed the resignation as an act intended to undermine and discredit government’s effort to build a credible democratic system.

“From reports available to the government, the election was successfully held in nine out of the 10 local government areas where the election was to be held.

“As of the evening of Sunday, the day after the election, results from the election had been collated and the outcome in five LGAs had been announced.

“Before the appointed day, however, the Resident Electoral Commissioner for Ekiti, who is the returning officer for the state, reportedly took ill, a situation which led to the election scheduled for Monday to be further postponed.

“All the reasons stated in the resignation letter, which was purportedly written by Adebayo and which expressed her reservations about the process, are within her powers as Resident Electoral Commissioner to address.

“The letter is suspect and there is a need for the weighty allegation contained in the letter to be properly investigated.

“The letter is intended from all indications to undermine and discredit the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, especially in its effort to build a credible democratic system in the country. There is a need, therefore, for Adebayo to come forward urgently and clarify the issues raised in the letter purportedly written by her.

“Government rejects this letter of resignation purportedly written by Adebayo as there is no evidence that she was impeded from carrying out her statutory assignment.”
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by blacksta(m): 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2009
I dont what the problem is . At the end of day Dora is a spoken person for Yar adua and will only voice out the government stance on matters but the real culprit is Yar adu and his henchmen. I doubt Dora is voicing her own personal opionon.  If Dora is honourable she would simply resign rather than be a devil's advocate.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Xavier, Now read this portion of the resignation letter.

[b]. . . the on-going election in Illinois State was supposed to be the election that will enhance the image of INEC, electoral process in our dear country Nigeria and the whole black race. Unfortunately, the circumstances changed in the middle of the process; therefore, my conscience as a Christian cannot allow me to further participate in this process[/b].

QUESTION 1: Did Adebayo implicate INEC in her resignation letter?

QUESTION 2: Did Adebayo, in her resignation letter, not also point that insinuate that the chance in circumstances worked to tarnish the image of Nigeria and the whole black race instead?

QUESTION 3: Did Adebayo level any allegations against INEC officials in her resignation letter?

QUESTION 4: Do you think if Hillary Clinton were to submit a similarly worded resignation letter to the Obama administration, that the American people and the world at large would not demand she be made to provide reasons for such allegations?

These are simple yes or No questions
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by blacksta(m): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
1 -- No it could be a third pary undermining Inec

2 -- yes

3 - no
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by fyneguy: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2009
next?
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2009
@blacksta, The Process is INEC. Her duties are INEC-related and she reports directly to the President on all INEC-related issues, but she saw fit to make allegations against a non-INEC related source in her resignation letter to INEC?

If Adeboye did not level any claims against INEC, why are we even bringing Iwu into this?
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
oh kobo - a daniel has come to judgement
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
what the frell does that mean? sad
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by blacksta(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2009
so what you are saying. is that she could have fixed the matter rather than  resign - or maybe she saw AC was winning and she decided to stall all the whole thing.  as directed by PDP.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2009
dont mind me jare. was just trying to qoute shakespeare - merchant of venice
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by JJYOU: 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2009
in britain we had claire short. very sound and ethical lady. tony blair gave her international development to repair british name abroad unfortunately she didnt resign during the 2nd gulf war she disagreed with. today she is a damgaed good even though she resigned some weeks later.

i hope this is not nigeria's claire short?
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2009
blacksta:

so what you are saying is that she could have fixed matter rather than  resign - or maybe she saw AC was winning and she decided to stall all the whole thing.  as directed by PDP.
Nope!! What I am saying is that She had the power to continue announcing only the accurate results and calling for a recount or a re-election where she suspected rigging. She was the BOSS and could have easily called a conference to alert the media of this if she wanted to.

She could have resigned quietly as well, without raising a storm, or she could have equally chosen to resign, raise a storm, and name names. What she did instead was resign, raise a storm and then refuse to provide us with details on how we approach the storm. No names were mention so the whole country is lit with people randomly picking scapegoats and in demanding that the woman come up to give reasons or some details of what transpired, Dora was thrown under the buss by the people, for just doing her job in this.

I am not exactly sure what side was winning but she already collated the results in some areas and apparently had already announced some of those but resigned before she could finish the lot. So apparently, she did have some results her conscience was ok with announcing, just that one or more may not have gone the same way.

From what I have gathered, she was actually threatened by both parties i.e. PDP and AC.   Both sides apparently wanted to win so much so they were willing to threaten the woman. She could have done all of Nigeria names by naming those who did so, so we at least know the politicians we can work on ousting next election.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Jarus(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2009
The problem is not about what Dora said yesterday. The real mistake, I think, is Dora taking that job. Anybody in that job would have said the same thing. The position is the mouthpiece of the government. Or do you want the information minister to mouth her personal opinion, even if more right, at the expense of Government position? When I heard her speak yesterday, I knew this cannot be NAFDAC Dora, but a PDP Dora.

And by the way, Dora was never an activist or a Social critic, she was just an unusual office holder. An uncommon performer. One of the very few appointed/elected office holders that did Nigeria proud, taht departed from the tradition. And this is not the same thing as being an activist or a critic a la Gani Fawehinmi or Reuben Abati. She still deserves some respect more than Segun Adeniyi. Segun was a hardline government critic as a columnist with ThisDay. You don't expect teh information Minister to say what is different from FG's official position.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
Jarus:

The problem is not about what Dora said yesterday. The real mistake, I think, is Dora taking that job. Anybody in that job would have said the same thing. The position is the mouthpiece of the government. Or do you want the information minister to mouth her personal opinion, even if more right, at the expense of Government position? When I heard her speak yesterday, I knew this cannot be NAFDAC Dora, but a PDP Dora.

And by the way, Dora was never an activist or a Social critic, she was just an unusual office holder. An uncommon performer. One of the very few appointed/elected office holders that did Nigeria proud, taht departed from the tradition. And this is not the same thing as being an activist or a critic a la Gani Fawehinmi or Reuben Abati. She still deserves some respect more than Segun Adeniyi. Segun was a hardline government critic as a columnist with ThisDay. You don't expect teh information Minister to say what is different from FG's official position.

From what we know so far; was the FG's position on this matter wrong?
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2009
yeah @Jarus, what @Nuzo said/asked ! grin
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by mustafar1: 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2009
good stuff this grin grin grin
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Jarus(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2009
nuzo:

From what we know so far; was the FG's position on this matter wrong?
Personally, I think the FG's position is wrong. She has the right to resign. From Adebayo's resignation statement, it appears she's under pressure to do something against rule of law and her Christian doctrine. FG, of course, has the right to challenge her for the accusation , but they can't tell her not to resign. She can still explain the unChristian act she allegedly wanted to avoid, even after resignation. Afterall, people resign for personal, undisclosed reasons.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2009
Jarus

U ve done justice to it.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2009
Jarus:

Personally, I think the FG's position is wrong. She has the right to resign. From Adebayo's resignation statement, it appears she's under pressure to do something against rule of law and her Christian doctrine. FG, of course, has the right to challenge her for the accusation, but they can't tell her not to resign. She can still explain the unChristian act she allegedly wanted to avoid, even after resignation. Afterall, people resign for personal, undisclosed reasons.

Ok. . . . I can agree with that!! I am glad that you are willing to admit that the FG has a right to demand she provide answers for allegations made. But, I apparently, she is back in office!!
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2009
Jarus:

Personally, I think the FG's position is wrong. She has the right to resign. From Adebayo's resignation statement, it appears she's under pressure to do something against  rule of law and her Christian doctrine. FG, of course, has the right to challenge her for the accusation , but they can't tell her not to resign. She can still explain the unChristian act she allegedly wanted to avoid, even after resignation. Afterall, people resign for personal, undisclosed reasons.

Note that the FG had no problems with her resignation but rejected the resignation since she didnt give reasons for resigning in such a delicate time.
In that case, its clear she undermine the electoral process to which she swore to protect by resigning without giving tangible reasons. And any sane boss have the right to reject the resignation and even call for more answers from such person.

Now, for whatever reason why she might have resigned, be it cos of her faith, death threats etc, we would never know until she makes her reason public. And until then, her move was unpatriotic, questionable and suspect.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2009
Note that the FG had no problems with her resignation but rejected the resignation since she didnt give reasons for resigning in such a delicate time.
In that case, its clear she undermine the electoral process to which she swore to protect by resigning without giving tangible reasons. And any sane boss have the right to reject the resignation and even call for more answers from such person.

Now, for whatever reason why she might have resigned, be it cos of her faith, death threats etc, we would never know until she makes her reason public. [b]And until then, her move was unpatriotic, questionable and suspect.
[/b]Really?
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2009
nuzo:

Note that the FG had no problems with her resignation but rejected the resignation since [b]she didnt give reasons for resigning in such a delicate time.
In that case, its clear she undermine the electoral process to which she swore to protect by resigning without giving tangible reasons. And any sane boss have the right to reject the resignation and even call for more answers from such person.[/b]

Now, for whatever reason why she might have resigned, be it cos of her faith, death threats etc, we would never know until she makes her reason public. And until then, her move was unpatriotic, questionable and suspect.

@Jarus, Nuzo has made a serious point here concerning the rejection of the resignation here!! I happen to believe he makes a lot of sense in his rebuttle here. What say you? grin
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
Xavier.:

[/b]Really?

Yes, though, I believe she will redeem her image by making public what prompted her to undermine the electoral process by resigning at such a critical time. This is the only way out of the mud.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Xavier, you have to understand that this is not about taking sides here. From information so far, we know she was threatened by the AC and the PDP, what we do not know is by what particular characters and details of what really happened. If we want to nail someone for allegations she made, we need information to work with here.

For instance, if the rumour going around that Tinubu supposedly paid her Naira 200 million was confirmed as true, would you not want to demand Tinubu be tried and justice be served the Nigerian people? If she was threatened by some of our current politicians, would you not want to see to it that these people be prosecuted so we at least make them scapegoats for all other people who may be planning to do the same in the future?

The reason for wanting this woman to speak off, whether she resigns or not, about what happened over the weekend is for our own good as a people. We need to understand that without real detailed information, we are fighting a meaningless war. She can still be a hero at the end of the day if she calls out the names of those who caused all of this.
Re: Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
I need a new hero to replace Dora. People any idea who I could pick? Please dont suggest Adebayo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delta State Local Govt Elections / Yoruba Man, Hausa Man, But No Biafran, On Forbes List. . . / 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.