Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:52 AM

EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions (37583 Views)

Mikel Obi Presents Akpabio With A Super Eagles Jersey / EFCC Confronts Obanikoro With $1m Bureau De Change Receipts / $2b Arms Deal: EFCC Confronts Dasuki, Dokpesi & Co With Evidence Of Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by deygar: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
akpabio that transform akwa ibom is being investigated, ameachi dat stole and have no viable project aside from the monorail and buhari, s campeign fund is never invited...I am for everybody, and I belong to nobody..isorite..watching with my googles...
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by yanabasee(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Pesuzok:

so what is your conclusion, that Akpabio should be left alone whether he stole money or not? because Amaechi and co have not been arrested. So because Amaechi used rivers money for election as well as Akpabio now makes it right. justice has to start from somewhere and if it starts from Akpabio so be it

YES my conclusion is that they should let him alone if they're not ready and willing to clean themselves before looking outside...

Victor Attah was once an AKS governor... He never gave us Airport nor Stadium... But he's an APC member now! He did embezzled AKS public funds as well...

Why MUST it be Akpabio?
Even if it must be looked into it alphabetocally... Amaechi should be investigated and then tried before Akpabio....

Justice must start somewhere and also, charity begins at home... Let Buhari start with his aprty family... Only then will I take him serious.... Why must he be pointing fingers outside while his own members are worst than the PDP members...
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by Nicepoker(m): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
slimfit1:
I expect his state people to come and defend him as if they received some of the money.
of cos we will.
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by symbianDON(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
yanabasee:

You're rather being sentimental... Who will hold them accountable? Buhari resumed office and decided to state categorically that he will not probe OBJ's regime... He singled GEJ's regime out and which is what is going to be the same that another president will come just to probe the present administration... And if the president is from APC... There will be nobody to probe afterall...

Haven't you heard the tribunal set for Amaechi in Rivers State which he has prepensely refused to appear before? The tribunal was set becoz he was accused for money laundry and mismanagement of N70billion. And with which Buhari still include him as a minister even with the allegation labelled against him..

If you say, we must hold our public officer accountable if found guilty of misappropriation of public fund.. How many have you found guilty yet? Doesn't it occur to you that you didn't do anything about OBJ or you want to admit that OBJ is innocent and as well without crimes?.. What about Atiku and the Halliburtan Scam? Their names where enlisted and uptil date... They're walking free and you are still yet to find them guilty!

If you must quote me... Being sentiment is when u dnt even know it's meaning and u use it just to make up a useless comment!
firstly, i respect other people's opinions. you can do better without resorting to using derogatory language. that said, you seem to have read my response out of context. i never said obj et al are without sins or clean. it is not in my place to judge: that is left for the law to do. i only took you on on the basis that because akpabio changed akwa ibom then he shouldn't be probed and also that others are walking free who had similar petitions submitted against them. please note that i do not support anyone: amaechi, atiku, obj or any other person. if akpabio is investigated today, someone else will become president tomorrow and decide to probe amaechi and company and i will be delighted about it. it is only when people know that after serving in public office they can be held accountable that they will be mindful of the things they do while in office. this is a friendly discourse. cheers.
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by Episteme2(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
It's just withdraws that we are talking about here. How can an evidence of transaction, a duly authorized government withdrawal be an indicting evidence?. Amaechi, who has been lawfully investigated and indicted has not even been invited let alone arrested. This selective fight against corruption is corruption on it's own because it is enriching and shielding the beneficiaries.
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by yanabasee(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2015

[b]I didn't use any derogatory language... I was just being factual...

Again, My point is... If at all Buhari is willing to fight corruption... He should first of all... Purge the people around him... His cohorts should be without sins.. If buhari truly wants to fight corruption... Then he should as well... Start the anti-graft fight in his party... After which... PDP will follow suit...

Buhari is sending DSS/EFCC after his enemies only... Akpabio refused him the stadium when Buhari wanted to commence his campaign in AKS..... And as such, making Akpabio his Enemy!

I'm not saying... Akpabio shouldn't be probe... I'm saying, If he must be probed.. Then the anti-graft agencies must as well... Probe Tinubu, fashola and Amaechi... And as well... The Halloburton scam case should as well be visited..and culprits should be jailed.

And this is politics.... The next President is likely to be an APC member... Which is the ruling party! And anybody under that umbrella will NOT probe anybody... It'll be assumed that the country had a smooth ride under Buhari's incumbency and as such the ride will continue... There will be no probing...[/b]

symbianDON:

firstly, i respect other people's opinions. you can do better without resorting to using derogatory language. that said, you seem to have read my response out of context. i never said obj et al are without sins or clean. it is not in my place to judge: that is left for the law to do. i only took you on on the basis that because akpabio changed akwa ibom then he shouldn't be probed and also that others are walking free who had similar petitions submitted against them. please note that i do not support anyone: amaechi, atiku, obj or any other person. if akpabio is investigated today, someone else will become president tomorrow and decide to probe amaechi and company and i will be delighted about it. it is only when people know that after serving in public office they can be held accountable that they will be mindful of the things they do while in office. this is a friendly discourse. cheers.
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by Arizonaguy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
philips70:

The EFCC boss is trying very hard to save his job, that doesn't mean they have nothing on Akpabio. The petitioner, Leo Ekpeyong did due diligence on this case and seems to have some compelling facts on the issue. This has nothing to do with APC or PDP, it's a purely Akwa Ibom people matter.
Delta state former governor is PDP, there are very huge corruption cases that can be instituted against him, yet nobody talks about him maybe because nobody has been able to articulate them against him.
I still see some hands of Udom in Akpabio's current travails right from the invasion of the govt house. That guy seems not to be comfortable with Akpabio's ways.
are u by any means trying to say that amechi and co that has never been grilled by efcc has no petition submitted against them
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by samifiakp: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
Anyone saying nonsense against akpabio should think twice, that guy did alot of good things in akwa ibom than any other govenrnor.
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by jimmayoy: 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
kesprime:
Where is the photo evidence nw OP undecided

The op is on his way to the efcc office to get the photo evidence for you. grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by symbianDON(m): 7:03am On Oct 19, 2015
yanabasee:

[b]I didn't use any derogatory language... I was just being factual...

Again, My point is... If at all Buhari is willing to fight corruption... He should first of all... Purge the people around him... His cohorts should be without sins.. If buhari truly wants to fight corruption... Then he should as well... Start the anti-graft fight in his party... After which... PDP will follow suit...

Buhari is sending DSS/EFCC after his enemies only... Akpabio refused him the stadium when Buhari wanted to commence his campaign in AKS..... And as such, making Akpabio his Enemy!

I'm not saying... Akpabio shouldn't be probe... I'm saying, If he must be probed.. Then the anti-graft agencies must as well... Probe Tinubu, fashola and Amaechi... And as well... The Halloburton scam case should as well be visited..and culprits should be jailed.

And this is politics.... The next President is likely to be an APC member... Which is the ruling party! And anybody under that umbrella will NOT probe anybody... It'll be assumed that the country had a smooth ride under Buhari's incumbency and as such the ride will continue... There will be no probing...[/b]

i very much agree with with you on this. there must be no sacred cows: if public office holders need to be probed, it must be all inclusive and not selective. i pray and hope, one day, we will get to that point as a nation where things will be done rightly.

Re: EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions by StealthyMe(m): 6:27am On Oct 20, 2015
myproperty:

Are you sure you read what is written. All the properties he is being alleged to have owned, he denied it and even advising the so call EFCC on how to verify the owners of the properties. He is accused of withdrawals but not misappropriation. Na wao
What a man?
he came and saw and conquered, he changed a dormant state to one of the most popular in terms of development

Bros, kindly read my other post on this thread smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsme Kidnap Passengers Along Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway (Video) / Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story / Zamfara: Fulani Herdsmen To Live In 2-Bedroom Flats, N8bn RUGA Project Kicks Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.