Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,759 members, 7,952,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade (38789 Views)

Atlantic Slave Trade: Igbo Inhabitant In United States, Cuba, Jamaica & Barbados / Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning / Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 11:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
FowardEast:

http://sarabe3.tripod.com/israeliteimages.html

Really. Probally were. This site also says they were "Redbones or Yellowbones". If that's the american slang for them.

Yep:

Egyptians, Canaanites, Nubians and Lybians on fresco in tomb of Seti. c. 1300 BC.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2009
ezeagu:

Yep:

Egyptians, Canaanites, Nubians and Lybians on fresco in tomb of Seit. c. 1300 BC.

I see. At least they weren't all caught up on race like people are today.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 29, 2009
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2009
tpia.:

ForwardEast- from your site:

Bedouins and Berbers arent generally negro.

And why is this Hebrew shown with blue eyes?

Don't know. But here is a kid with blue eyes.

Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 12:16am On Aug 29, 2009
"Yesterday afternoon I was doing a shoot in East Harlem and this young girl came up to me with her mother. This girl had the most amazing blue eyes. I have never seen a African-American dark skinned girl with eyes like that before, I was in awe. And even stranger than that, her mother has one BLUE eye and one BROWN eye!"

This is a photo and quote from The Brown Thomas Crown, a member of flickr.com

Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 29, 2009
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 12:38am On Aug 29, 2009
tpia.:

you're quite aware blue eyes are an exception and not the norm, among blacks.

Mulatto tpia, mulatto. . . . . .
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 12:39am On Aug 29, 2009
tpia.:

you're quite aware blue eyes are an exception and not the norm, among blacks.

Yep. Well among nearly all people.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 12:41am On Aug 29, 2009
ezeagu:

Mulatto tpia, mulatto. . . . . .

I've been to some mulatto sites and they use the word MGM(Multi Generational Mix) to describe people like the kids I posted.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 12:52am On Aug 29, 2009
MGM tpia, MGM, lol
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 3:12am On Sep 04, 2009
"Talking of garbage- you should know about that, being filled with garbage and descended from garbage. Hence, can you ever spew anything but garbage. Trick question I'm sure.

beast of no gender and no hometown."

See, you've summed up part of my recent posts.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 04, 2009
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 3:20am On Sep 04, 2009
tpia.:

hang around for more confirmation.
However, I'm not AA, so are you trying to change your cursed definition?
i thought you started off pointing out how your people are the cursed of the earth.

I will.

Nope. They fit biblical Prophecy as many other events do. I know non-AA's will never comprehend it and would rather avoid these parts in the bible than to study them. Then again they'd probably interpret it as jews and the holocaust or "Your" current problems.

I did. I mean didn't you bring up the blue eyes?
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 04, 2009
FowardEast:

I will.

Nope. I know non-AA's will never comprehend it and would rather avoid these parts in the bible than to study them. Then again they'd probably interpret it as jews and the holocaust or "their" current problems.

I did. I mean didn't you bring up the blue eyes?

and I pointed out blue eyes are a rarity among blacks. Mulattos included.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 3:32am On Sep 04, 2009
tpia.:

Ok. If you look at the picture only one man out of the four has those blue eyes. So a rarity? Yes. Kind of like those two kids I posted.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 04, 2009
FowardEast:

Ok. If you look at the picture only one man out of the four has those blue eyes. So a rarity? Yes. Kind of like those two kids I posted.

believe what you want.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 4:53am On Sep 04, 2009
tpia.:

believe what you want.

I was simply agreeing with you. Blacks rarely have blue eyes. Although, like the pics I posted, there are exceptions.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
tpia.:

Vanessa Williams has blue eyes because both her parent's are mixed race, so it's not that rare. Plus the Egyptians probably painted the guys eye's blue because they saw it was an unusual thing among the mixed race people and it stuck out in the artists mind. Are we missing that the Canaanites are purposefully/obviously painted darker than the Libyans? And the fact that Hitler used the Hebrews mixed identity against the Jews should say something (Hitler did a lot of research).
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2009
ezeagu:

Vanessa Williams has blue eyes because both her parent's are mixed race, so it's not that rare. Plus the Egyptians probably painted the guys eye's blue because they saw it was an unusual thing among the mixed race people and it stuck out in the artists mind. Are we missing that the Canaanites are purposefully/obviously painted darker than the Libyans? And the fact that Hitler used the Hebrews mixed identity against the Jews should say something (Hitler did a lot of research).

Yes he did. Research is good. Even though those jews looked just like him. Um most mixed people are darker than whites. Going by what the guy said on the site. The Canaanite women had a light complexion and were very pretty. Not to take away from anyone else, but the most beautiful people in the world physically are mixed.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2009
FowardEast:

Yes he did. Research is good. Even though those jews looked just like him. Um most mixed people are darker than whites. Going by what the guy said on the site. The Canaanite women had a light complexion and were very pretty. Not to take away from anyone else, but the most beautiful people in the world physically are mixed.

I knew you were mixed! grin
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2009
ezeagu:

I knew you were mixed! grin

Well I'm AA.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 6:44am On Sep 14, 2009
Biblical Prophecy?
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by ezeagu(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
Thread back to life.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by FowardEast(f): 10:33am On Aug 31, 2010
Are AA's Israelites?
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Hauwa1: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2010
AA Isrealites?
AA Jews?

ewooo undecided
anything but Africa huh?
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by asha80(m): 1:33am On Sep 01, 2010
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by member3(m): 2:18am On Sep 08, 2010
AA Isrealites?
AA Jews?

ewooo Undecided
anything but Africa huh?
seriously, what is an african and what would one have to be or do to fit in?
and would that fit the ancestors of AA's
who is the father or progenitor of the african and y is this not or never been a famous knowledge with other civilizations? meaning aksum has been mentioned by greeks. nubia by the romans, songhai, mali and ghana by themselves and mulatto and arabized arabs. yoruba, nupe,and hausa by the fulani jihad. never heared of the africans with the exception of the yemeni arabs who came with the tubba ifriqish who gave birth to (afariqah)and settled what is 2 day the hinterland of n africa. then the romans took and adopted the name (africanus) just like the greeks with ityopia.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by PhysicsQED(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2010
lol@ the black Israelite claims. That stuff has been heavily debunked. Anyways even a mild familiarity with actual Jewish history would show there is far too much depth in that culture for them to be pretending or impersonating anything,
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by seeklove: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
@FowardEast

My advice to you is to research into history and also research on the History of the books in the Bible, ie who wrote it, the time is was written and why it was written.
The verses that you posted, the same verses that the alleged Black Hebrew Israelites post have nothing to do with trans-Atlantic slave trade. Deuteronomy was prophesying the Jews captivity in Babylon. Also stay away from those allaged black Hebrew Israelites, they are very anti African and anti women.
Their theories are born out of hatrad to Africans; all their theories are completely unbiblical. The Bible never said such things; even the verse you posted did not support your theory.
People usually loose their identity when they are sold into slavery; it is not peculiar with AA's. People go through similar experiences; the slavery experience is generally similar irrespective of who goes through it. If one people(people A) describe their experience, it may sound similar to the experience of another people(people B) since both peoples have been enslaved. It doesn't mean that the book written about the experiences of people A is talking about people B.

The hallmark of good literature is to unite with the readers experience. When you read a good book, you may wonder wheather the author was writing about you. But He was not! The bible is a wonderful book; it unites all human experiences. Any body, people or group would find their experience in the pages of the bible. It do sent mean that the bible was specifically talking about them.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2012
PhysicsQED:

lol@ the black Israelite claims. That stuff has been heavily debunked. Anyways even a mild familiarity with actual Jewish history would show there is far too much depth in that culture for them to be pretending or impersonating anything,

The same can be said rearding "american" culture, which is relativley new, Only time will tell.

There hasn't been peace in israel yet, so what does that say?
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 18, 2012
seeklove:

@FowardEast

My advice to you is to research into history and also research on the History of the books in the Bible, ie who wrote it, the time is was written and why it was written.
The verses that you posted, the same verses that the alleged Black Hebrew Israelites post have nothing to do with trans-Atlantic slave trade. Deuteronomy was prophesying the Jews captivity in Babylon. Also stay away from those allaged black Hebrew Israelites, they are very anti African and anti women.
Their theories are born out of hatrad to Africans; all their theories are completely unbiblical. The Bible never said such things; even the verse you posted did not support your theory.
People usually loose their identity when they are sold into slavery; it is not peculiar with AA's. People go through similar experiences; the slavery experience is generally similar irrespective of who goes through it. If one people(people A) describe their experience, it may sound similar to the experience of another people(people B) since both peoples have been enslaved. It doesn't mean that the book written about the experiences of people A is talking about people B.

The hallmark of good literature is to unite with the readers experience. When you read a good book, you may wonder wheather the author was writing about you. But He was not! The bible is a wonderful book; it unites all human experiences. Any body, people or group would find their experience in the pages of the bible. It do sent mean that the bible was specifically talking about them.

No, they do make good points.
Re: Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade by BlackPikiN(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^Are you single? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Cultures - What You Want To Know! And What You Do Know! / Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria / "Oba Akiolu Didn't Snub Ooni Of Ife" - White Cap Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.