Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,068 members, 7,880,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:14 PM

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team (49698 Views)

Okocha, Van Persie & Emmanuel Emenike Hang Out In Turkey(photos) / Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Emmanuel Emenike & How He Spends His Money(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Collinsiweadi(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2015
Y is everyone retiring. 1st it was Vincent eyeama,now Emmanuel, very soon mikle obi and d trend continue. Me too I retire from supporting super Eagles .

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Kbs468(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2015
faaz24:
"As long as Nigeria remains" ...silly statement
Silly statement indeed. Is it because footballers usually end their educational pursuit after secondary level? Or is he a fan of the so called Biafra apologist? Why didn't he say -In the history of the super Eagles of Nigeria?
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by barcaboi(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2015
echomog1:
You guys haven't noticed #northernagender# tin has been brought into d super eagles? Forcefully demoted enyeama and gave musa d captain band.....even though mikel was there n more respected. I'm sure mikel will resign too.
run along steupid....why bring ethnic ish to this? Is Oliseh a northerner? Dudes that won AFCON were majorly igbos or South south from Emenike to mikel to Enyeama and the coach..even Mba....did we shout eastern agenda.....stop d bullshit..

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by kennyten10(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2015
It is obvious that emenike already knew that his time is up as a dependable striker in Super eagles..This is a player who had managed to score a goal for SE in 2 years yet oliseh had called for fans to give him respect... but it's so surprising that some shallow-minded fans are now blaming his retirement on sunday oliseh, who had played him in virtually all the matches since he became SE coach...im sorry to say that we fans are the major cause of SE downward football trend in the last decade. MOST NIGERIAN FANS USUALLY THINK THEY KNOW THEIR PLAYERS MORE THAN THE COACH WHO WATCHES THEM IN TRAINING AND OUT OF THE TRAINING ENVIRONMENT undecided

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/191792-breaking-emmanuel-emenike-quits-super-eagles.html[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2015
sunmike065:
Am sure something ain't well between this guys called "players" and the new coach Sunday Oliseh, how can enenike retired at his earlier age?... Well I just hope the Coach understand what the word TEAM means sha.
which early age are you talking about bro, eminike has gotten to the pinacle of his abilities to score goals, meaning he is getting weak to me it good for him. It will save him from insults but thanks to him for the goals he once scored
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 20, 2015
Rayman5:
U try emenike but u nd Yakubu I no knw who worst pass
go and read about yakubu well before typing dx trash
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by BabaO2: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2015
Collinsiweadi:
Y is everyone retiring. 1st it was Vincent eyeama,now Emmanuel, very soon mikle obi and d trend continue. Me too I retire from supporting super Eagles .
Because they are not good enough and older than the age they claimed. Nigerians celebrate rubbish and mediocres all the time for sentiment reasons, a striker that is too heavy on the ball, a striker that can't score goals in 5 consecutive matches....we dont need such strikers in the national team. Oliseh should gradually delete the local champions from the team.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Kbs468(m): 9:19am On Oct 20, 2015
Moderation:
Olise should watch it. My people will always say that where a child is busy pointing his hands while crying you should watch it; if somebody from his father's maternal home is not there then somebody from the mother's maternal home must be there. As it stands now we do not need a sutsayer to tell us that all is not well in Olise's camp. Think about this Emenike's statement, "Super Eagles is a camp not a family house, and it shouldn’t be a threat zone for any individual". With the look of things it is obvious that Olise is not only arrogant he is also too bossy. Certainly, we are going to miss Emenike.

Did you take your time to ponder if the proposed CODE OF CONDUCT FOR NATIONAL TEAM PLAYERS AND COACHES could be the reason for his action?
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by yakubuadeiza(m): 9:59am On Oct 20, 2015
Vanquay:
Interesting...To be Honest Its all about Player loyalty...Once Keshi left they became Discontent...I will never play for Nigeria...They don't give a _F**k about Their Players...America FOREVER!...F**K NIGERIA AND THEIR BULSHIT undecided
A fool is what u are and a fool is what u will remain........You for go America go comment nw.....Alak'ori....
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Kbs468(m): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2015
Kog45:
Pls let us address what is happening in Eagles camp that made two players to announce their retirement from national team than telling us Ighalo or Iwobi are threat to Emenike and saying a player like Mike is using national team to boost his career then u are wrong bcs this guy has been found wanting in answering national calls even of recent he had problem with Olishe for not picking call and even in London he avoided Olishe.Once again let us talk on why are they retiring and i believe NFF w definitely address the issue bcs we can't allow our player either in form or off form to retire due to what is happening in the camp

Bros take it or leave it, there is nothing special making them announce their retirement other than the fear of challenge. Enyeama has over the years known that he has no closest challenger but with the emergence Carl Ikeme, he felt threatened. Same with Emenike has already stated earlier. Afterall both players were part of the reason KESHI was sacked after they all failed to qualify for AFCON 2015 even as the cup holders with same set of players not able to overcome a group without GHANA CAMEROUN EGYPT COTE'DVOIRE TUNISIA MOROCCO ETC I mean the top african nations
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by bengoodcreature: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2015
sth is wrong swhre, Buhari shld screen d NFA
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by speedyGonzales: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2015
EbukaLive:

Are you okay? A player that was played as a first choice striker ahead of the highest goal scorer in England top leagues Ighalo in four good games and hardly had a shot on target not to speak of a goal by this same coach? I'm not Sunday's fan but this actions by Vincent and now Emmanuel are absolutely disgraceful even if Oliseh slept with their wives. We're talking about a WHOLE NATION HERE NOW. WTH?

I resent your comments and comparison of Enyeama's situation with Emmanuel Emenike. the circumstances are obviously different, Enyeama came to join the team on Tuesday in Belgium after a weekend burying his mother in Nigeria, arriving at a the camp the coach collected his captaincy and gives it to another player, He stands up to ask for clarification (is it because he was late? he had a legitimate reason to be late to camp). the coach basically told him to shut-up and sit down or be dragged out of the team camp by security. He refused to shut-up (as am sure any "real man" would do), he was dragged out by security, before the NFF, intervened for him to remain in the camp, till he made his final decision to leave the national team.

Enyeama has played for the national team for 13 years and featured 101 times by far the most capped player for the national team.

Oliseh, handled the Enyeama's situation wrongly, in other parts of the world when the captain is getting old and should be retired, you bench him and continuously tell him in training to pass on his knowledge to the younger generation (i.e the next person inline), then he (i.e Enyeama) would read between the lines and start making plans to announce retirements instead of disgracing/disrespecting him (this is true for any team sports) in front of all his teammates.

In Emenike's case, he was successful for some time, but couldn't regain his form and because he is afraid of failure and disappointment, instead of fight hard like most people would do, he has chosen the easy way out (i.e to run away from he's problems and responsibilities rather than confront them)

If you are a leader and you don't like something about a person in your group, you call them aside tell them I don't like this "think" that you did, for this reason I have collected the captaincy from you and given to another person. (being more respectful/considerate when dealing with people, we all have ego's, it is a necessary character trait for successful people, so you treat even subordinates with respect. exactly, as you will want others to treat you, if you were in their shoes.)
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by elebiola(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Kbs468:

Bros take it or leave it, there is nothing special making them announce their retirement other than the fear of challenge. Enyeama has over the years known that he has no closest challenger but with the emergence Carl Ikeme, he felt threatened. Same with Emenike has already stated earlier. Afterall both players were part of the reason KESHI was sacked after they all failed to qualify for AFCON 2015 even as the cup holders with same set of players not able to overcome a group without GHANA CAMEROUN EGYPT COTE'DVOIRE TUNISIA MOROCCO ETC I mean the top african nations

You have spoken very well and with sense. Age is not on their side,lets be honest. These guy cant cope again and its just best to call it quit and try to gain public sympathy and all the nonsense. This bros is playing in an arab league, no competition, how do we grow and become better? If we have new crop of players that are coming up, we seem to have a coach who is not afraid and also quit current with modern day football ethics. So lets give him a chance and see what he can do, we did not qualify with this guys the last time, what would change now? Let those who are afraid of competition go and see what we can make do of the new talents. Iwobi,Akpom,Iworfa,Ibe, we just lost Alli to England, we can get there... We need to take the bold decision to do the right thing and stick to it. We cant make a difference doing the same thing over and over again.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Kbs468(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2015
elebiola:

You have spoken very well and with sense. Age is not on their side,lets be honest. These guy cant cope again and its just best to call it quit and try to gain public sympathy and all the nonsense. This bros is playing in an arab league, no competition, how do we grow and become better? If we have new crop of players that are coming up, we seem to have a coach who is not afraid and also quit current with modern day football ethics. So lets give him a chance and see what he can do, we did not qualify with this guys the last time, what would change now? Let those who are afraid of competition go and see what we can make do of the new talents. Iwobi,Akpom,Iworfa,Ibe, we just lost Alli to England, we can get there... We need to take the bold decision to do the right thing and stick to it. We cant make a difference doing the same thing over and over again.

Good submission and quite in tune with the developmental trend.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by litetias(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2015
Amen! Was never prolific enough
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by akilo1: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2015
It is only in nigeria under perform players talk junks online,if this is how messi and ronaldo are behaving,they wont ve those caps,people like okocia,kanu abd some others hero ve deligently serve the country,you dont know what will end up your career,can someone name you as any nigeria coach? The answer is No.soldier go soldier and barack remain the same.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Kbs468(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:

I resent your comments and comparison of Enyeama's situation with Emmanuel Emenike. the circumstances are obviously different, Enyeama came to join the team on Tuesday in Belgium after a weekend burying his mother in Nigeria, arriving at a the camp the coach collected his captaincy and gives it to another player, He stands up to ask for clarification (is it because he was late? he had a legitimate reason to be late to camp). the coach basically told him to shut-up and sit down or be dragged out of the team camp by security. He refused to shut-up (as am sure any "real man" would do), he was dragged out by security, before the NFF, intervened for him to remain in the camp, till he made his final decision to leave the national team.

Enyeama has played for the national team for 13 years and featured 101 times by far the most capped player for the national team.

Oliseh, handled the Enyeama's situation wrongly, in other parts of the world when the captain is getting old and should be retired, you bench him and continuously tell him in training to pass on his knowledge to the younger generation (i.e the next person inline), then he (i.e Enyeama) would read between the lines and start making plans to announce retirements instead of disgracing/disrespecting him (this is true for any team sports) in front of all his teammates.

In Emenike's case, he was successful for some time, but couldn't regain his form and because he is afraid of failure and disappointment, instead of fight hard like most people would do, he has chosen the easy way out (i.e to run away from he's problems and responsibilities rather than confront them)

If you are a leader and you don't like something about a person in your group, you call them aside tell them I don't like this "think" that you did, for this reason I have collected the captaincy from you and give to another person. (being more respectful/considerate when dealing with people, we all have ego's, it is a necessary character trait for successful people, so you threat even subordinates with respect. exactly, as you will want others to threat you, if you were in their shoes.)

You got wrong bro. No security peronnel was used on Enyeama. Quote me anywhere. Even the coach said he wasn't expecting him in camp because he told him he wouldn't make it, Enyeama even confessed it that he was actually persuaded by NFF officials to resume camp after his mum's burial. But he failed to even call and inform the coach about the development
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by henryhemon(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2015
sunmike065:
Am sure something ain't well between this guys called "players" and the new coach Sunday Oliseh, how can enenike retired at his earlier age?... Well I just hope the Coach understand what the word TEAM means sha.

Which early age? Oliseh was going to dump his sorry arse. Stop demonising oliseh,Nigerian teams are playing good football now,watch the last two matches against Cameroon and Burkina faso.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by henryhemon(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2015
Vanquay:
Interesting...To be Honest Its all about Player loyalty...Once Keshi left they became Discontent...I will never play for Nigeria...They don't give a _F**k about Their Players...America FOREVER!...F**K NIGERIA AND THEIR BULSHIT undecided

Who give a f**k about you? Who knows you in America? How much do you have?that you come here to make noise America forever? Mugu young Nigerians are making it big time.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by TI1919(m): 11:17am On Oct 20, 2015
Does that National team of Nigeria still exist

Well, thanks for the info though

undecided
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by dayojags10(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2015
leksy07:
wetin messi don achieve for his national team
are you kidding me?, he won the Olympics, he's a world cup finalist, he's a copa America finalist..... he's the 2nd all time leading scorer for argentina, my guy just pack well.... Emenike only won one nations cup he's acting like he won 5. I wonder what the likes of Mohamed Aboutrika of Egypt go they do.. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Temysteve(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
elbinmanny:
Somebody's body odour has done it again embarassed
lol, so who's next (oliseh i think)
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Temysteve(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
Vanquay:
cr@zy fellow, how are u?
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Caleycash(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
VickyRotex:
"I am happy to announce that I have put full-stop to my national team career for the sake of national peace.”

And they keep using that line.

Something is wrong embarassed
Shhh don't tell anyone please... Nigeria is gonna split soon, watch out!!
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Temysteve(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Why would'nt he retired, he scored his latest goal for the eagles in 2013 nations cup nd u pple xpect him to stay!! I trust naija, dey go don fraustrate him die!!!
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by VickyRotex(f): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Caleycash:
Shhh don't tell anyone please... Nigeria is gonna split soon, watch out!!

No, she won't! embarassed
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by chocofizzy(f): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nawa ooo. Anyway I will comment when I see Olisha.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by davmore750(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Laitesmart:
Another fire rising... In other questions... Is he related to enyeama?
. You no see his name? E E and Enyeama
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by class0247: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
Morino will drop Terry and put on Zuma if Terry is not productive...the coach will always take the blame when a team loses..I watch the Nigeria and Cameroon friendly and I can tell you that we have been deceived in the past by relying on big names and past glory.
Immediately Igalo and others replace the so called big names I saw great chances in the team.
I saw young prayers who are hungry to win..I saw determination
I wish to see Victor Moses in that squad..He was even the brain behind the so called Emineke.If you think I am lying watch all the their matches together.
I always want oliseh to give that young Nigeria in Man city a chance...that guy is also very hungry.
All the same Emineke would have stay and improve on his performance
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by deb(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
phayvoursky:
I'M SO HAPPY READING THIS. I HOPE HE DOESN'T COME OUT SAYING ITS A LIE.

THIS GUY HAS BEEN IRRELEVANT LATELY IN THE EAGLES SQUAD.

HE IS BETTER OF A DEFENDER THAN A STRIKER.

grin grin grin grin GUY! YOU HARSH OOO! A DEFENDER? grin grin grin grin
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by nelcliff(m): 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
35 appearanced with 16 goals. he try now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Georgina Rodriguez Welcome Daughter, Alana Martina! / The Ten Most Beautiful Stadium In Nigeria / Donald Trump's Family Pose With Kylian Mbappe In Qatar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.