Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,689 members, 7,902,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With (48932 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Fani-Kayode Calls Bayo Shittu A Boko Haram Sympathiser Or A Coward / Senate Under Pressure Over Ngige, Amaechi, Shittu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
Gboliwe:

Their presidiot angry angry
Hahahaahahahah
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by JJCE(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
taiwofisa:
Adebayo Shittu is a Fanatic. I could remember during Lam Adesina tenure as Gov. of Oyo state he was the one that led the protest of use of Ijab in secondary schools in Saki.
u are lying cos am from saki...
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by bugzbunny: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
your number 2 explanation of wat Shittu said is too gud! U really got it there! But most pple rush to criticise!
Are u aware dat Nigeria has aetists...
Dat shittu guy is a damn fanatics
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by hitleraldof(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
He took oda pples belief into consideration and that is why he recommends that all major religions shud be thought in sch! Why is dis soo hard for guys to understnd?
c dis guy running around on NL to defend one man dat is not your relation and doing so while closing ur eyes to the truth.....so if you make religion compulsory in skls (note he didn't specify which skls) abeg who will teach shango worship, amadihoha worship, ancestral worship and a host of others...Secondly what happens to choice which is evidenced by the varieties of 'church' and 'sharia' skls all around the country.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
bugzbunny:

Are u aware dat Nigeria has aetists...
Dat shittu guy is a damn fanatics
we ve atheism yet it has not stopped religious studies( islam and Christianity) from currently being tot in our schs!
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
Phlegmwash:
No problem at all if it is applied to about 200 indigenous religious groups in Nigeria
we ve atheism yet it has not stopped religious studies( islam and Christianity) from currently being tot in our schs! Are u nt aware?
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
absolute rubbish. iranu oshi. shoro niyen nigboro enu e.

if truly he said religious leaders are to be paid, then tithes and offerings collected had better be paid into government coffers as internally generated revenue igr.

I can't believe this is the best brain Oyo state has to offer.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Descartes: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Is he from brown roof Republic?
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Banter1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
madridguy:
THE MAN MUST BE HIGH ON EXPIRED OYO WEED. THEY SHOULD SCREENED HIM OUT AND REPLACE HIM WITH A BETTER CANDIDATE JARE. PAY RELIGIOUS LEADER UNDER MY A$$
so they will use that money to buy bomb for their children. "Awon smellos"

GOD is watching them in 3D.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by happney65: 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
JJCE:
continue fooling yourself what would be would be, Bayo shittu for Oyo-State' govnor 2019 insha Allah.

Shioor for ur mind abi?Nonesense
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by OKUCHI11(m): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
ziccoit:
1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2. There is no crime in making religion study compulsory at primary and secondary level of education. By having knowledge of dos and donts of my Neighbour religion would ensure harmony, peaceful coexistence and mutual respect.

3. Yes. Free range method of rearing is the course of communal clashes between the cattle farmers and their host community.

4. BH doesn't represent Islam.

So, it depends on how you view what he said. I believe he makes sense.
hmmmm are u a sociologist ....very nice reasoning .....in other wrods u nailed it
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Myde4naija(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
ziccoit:
1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2. There is no crime in making religion study compulsory at primary and secondary level of education. By having knowledge of dos and donts of my Neighbour religion would ensure harmony, peaceful coexistence and mutual respect.

3. Yes. Free range method of rearing is the course of communal clashes between the cattle farmers and their host community.

I wish most nigerians can think like this. Although most critics of this man statement quote him out of context.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Myde4naija(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
klax:

Can't you even look at his look does this man look like a normal human Religious religious is that all in his brain so the one religion has messed us up is not enough for him but want more Well no further comment.
I'm sure you don't watch the screening cos if you do, you wouldn't have spoken ignorantly and if watched the screening and the best you can make out of the man statement is this statement........I pity u
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
I refer u to this;
Why are you stopping at Pastors and Imams? What of If priests? Amadioha priests? Sango priests?? Why do you want to disenfranchise them??
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by domido(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
So that's Nigeria's problem?!!!
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by babestella: 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
That man called Shittu is a sharia ambassador and a religious fanatic. he will do more harm to Nigeria as a nation. Please senate should disqualify him ASAP.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by bikefab(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Indeed change is here. Cry my beloved country, cry.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by bugzbunny: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
we ve atheism yet it has not stopped religious studies( islam and Christianity) from currently being tot in our schs!
U can't make religion compulsory in a secular state....
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by atinicrown(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by bugzbunny: 10:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
mykl01:

Why are you stopping at Pastors and Imams? What of If priests? Amadioha priests? Sango priests?? Why do you want to disenfranchise them??
oya Alismile... Wat says ye
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Sibrah: 12:05am On Oct 21, 2015
Whoever coined the term 'commonsense', underestimated the ability of human reasoning to sink so low- so low these days it has perpetually gone underground.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by daveP(m): 1:31am On Oct 21, 2015
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Bobulopsy(m): 5:21am On Oct 21, 2015
ziccoit:

Kudos bro!
As for me Religion has to be made compulsory in our institutions without discriminations
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by booz(m): 6:06am On Oct 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That man appears and talk like a religious fanatic. Imagine this madness

Nonsense!!!

He surely is! It's just a pity he carried his fanatism beyond the border of his home town, something they are known for. He is in no wise qualified to be a minister... I just wonder why PMB that clamors for change would have to reward loyal with ministerial slots! I'm disappointed!
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by awoluyi(m): 6:12am On Oct 21, 2015
One sincere take home from Shittu's long speech was that "we are very religious and very ungodly people". Let our faith manifest in our deeds. Anything outside this will make our religion of no effect. I believe that for any nation to grow, the political and spiritual leaders must work together.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Geulink: 6:31am On Oct 21, 2015
What did you expect from a nominee appointed by a one chance man. Even his Oga have problems in his cerebrium. I pity my country Nigeria and I blame PDP.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by 989900: 6:35am On Oct 21, 2015
This man is not fit to be chairman of Landlords and Tenants association.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by samplegirl(f): 6:47am On Oct 21, 2015
ikbnice:
A minister-to-be of the Federal Republic of Nigeria saying this poo. What development can arise from this?

He is just as clueless as Otuoeke 'landlord'. Build cattle ranches, pay religious leaders ... OMG! This man has drunk ogogoro

*Join me celebrate my birthday with LIKES*

He as clueless as the man who wants him to be minister or have you not heard that birds of same feather flock together.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by mickey45: 6:49am On Oct 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
your number 2 explanation of wat Shittu said is too gud! U really got it there! But most pple rush to criticise!

"Too good" I'm all for "giving people the benefit of the doubt"but one would be forced to form an image of you being "a long-bearded and short-trousered" brother too.

That's if you're Yoruba.

I hope I'm wrong though......
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by moyosore27384(m): 6:51am On Oct 21, 2015
chigoizie7:

Did he take other people's belief into consideration? Na only him get naija? To me, that is nonsense, he should not be made a minister because he is self oriented/centered, he is only particular about what he believes and not the plight of the people he is meant to serve. How could he say such a thing? Religious leaders should be paid? On what grounds? Why didn't he clamour for all unemployed graduates to be paid?
Yes, d man really looks into other religion he's nt bn on one side, he's nt a religion fanatic lyk some fellow said. Why he said dis was bcux he wnt d politician to always check themselves religiously. That's my opinion
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by mickey45: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2015
chigoizie7:

Did he take other people's belief into consideration? Na only him get naija? To me, that is nonsense, he should not be made a minister because he is self oriented/centered, he is only particular about what he believes and not the plight of the people he is meant to serve. How could he say such a thing? Religious leaders should be paid? On what grounds? Why didn't he clamour for all unemployed graduates to be paid?

And another agitation and infighting will start amongst the various sects and denominations.
I hope he's going to a non-core ministry though.

Again, Merit just keeps being slaughtered in our polity ....
Wait till he gets to the ministry and scatters the place all because of religion tinted views.
On the other hand he could be a balanced individual, except .....
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by babayinka77(m): 7:09am On Oct 21, 2015
ziccoit:

Nice talk. Sure person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Nigeria ‘Accidentally’ Discovered 206trn Cubic Feet Gas Reserve – Sylva / Col. K.E Elemele: Colonel Killed by Boko Haram, A Worthy Son Of The Niger Delta / Mali Coup: Jonathan, Other West African Leaders Arrive In Bamako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.