Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,689 members, 7,902,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With (48926 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Fani-Kayode Calls Bayo Shittu A Boko Haram Sympathiser Or A Coward / Senate Under Pressure Over Ngige, Amaechi, Shittu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by chigoizie7(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2015
moyosore27384:
Yes, d man really looks into other religion he's nt bn on one side, he's nt a religion fanatic lyk some fellow said. Why he said dis was bcux he wnt d politician to always check themselves religiously. That's my opinion

U see, there is always two sides of a coin. Whatever someone said or do must serve some good purpose or intention to him or some people, the other thing to be considered is if that very decision will 1. Serve a much larger population. 2. If the decision is feasible and of general importance. 3. If @least all parties will benefit from it.

Now, u and I know too well that apart from FG, that the religion is the next largest sector, financially and otherwise.

If u take money from a man that is going poor(FG) by the day and gives it to a rich man(religion), what does it make that poor man(FG). Eg, how could u be paying someone like david oyedepo,adeboye,muoka and co from state money, when these men are virtually making more money than the state?

It is not a question of being a religious fanatic or trying to favor a particular religion more than the other, it is a question of doing what will benefit all of us. What makes u also think that the politicians will listen to what the religious leaders have to tell them after beng paid by the same politicians?
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by gbagagbogo(m): 7:19am On Oct 21, 2015
Why on earth will PMB nominate this kinda person that's not economically sensitive . The nation is looking for how to manage and make more money in this time when oil price is retrogression . His concept will ruin the financial capacity of the country. No to Barr Shitu
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by fabre4: 7:58am On Oct 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
for Gods sake how do u jus jump to hang a man jus like that! Why do we tend to hate pple whose views about life re premised on Islam, even though the view is found to be faultless!

Religion doesn't make people better humans instead it makes them better fanatics and extremist imagine learning of usman dan fodio jihad and others it will register in the mind of a young adventurous youth who will start looking for way to explore his own ideas. So instead why not propose moral education as well as coming up with a good curriculum that will interpret the law to the young pupils .Finally, Religion should be by choice just as every other subject it is even moral studies that should be made compulsory.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by zantkjack: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2015
Moral Philosophy be introduce and made compulsory in all school instead of religion. Here student will be thought moral values and the antic of those who are using religion to deceive people and make them boko haram will be exposed. With full knowledge of moral philosophy no body will take up arm and kill his fellow human being in the name of satisfying his God. God who made man can destroy man within one second if he so wishes and not another human being killing for him. In moral philosophy true morals spelt out by the prophets in Koran and bible will be thought and people will not lack knowledge and be destroyed.
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Ayomivic(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2015
ziccoit:
1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2. There is no crime in making religion study compulsory at primary and secondary level of education. By having knowledge of dos and donts of my Neighbour religion would ensure harmony, peaceful coexistence and mutual respect.

3. Yes. Free range method of rearing is the course of communal clashes between the cattle farmers and their host community.

4. BH doesn't represent Islam.

So, it depends on how you view what he said. I believe he makes sense.

may be you are right, if government is paying religion leaders i think that would stop members offering and tithe in church

if religion is made compusory what then would happend for those that reject religion? They should be perscuted, if that is done, what make gorvernment diffrent to Boko -Ararm?

I believe the nominee spoke from what he knows and i dont think we need someone like him in gorverment because if he is given chance what he said is what he would do

i didn't know why he does not answer question concernig Bola Ige that was asked him
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by stainlink(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2015
ziccoit:

1. By paying the religion leaders that means the government would be able to regulate his activity. A Pastor/Imam can not just wake up from wrong side of his bed preaching hate message. The message would have to be channeled through some recognized body who are going to vet it and release it to the public.

2. There is no crime in making religion study compulsory at primary and secondary level of education. By having knowledge of dos and donts of my Neighbour religion would ensure harmony, peaceful coexistence and mutual respect.

3. Yes. Free range method of rearing is the course of communal clashes between the cattle farmers and their host community.

Don't you think if religious leaders are paid by the government it will automatically make it as a political office. What such leaders preach will have to be in tone with what the government want them to say, and if they don't say that, their so called allowances will be withheld. They will therefore be the praise singers of our corrupt government.
And which religion will be taught in schools? Buddhism i guess grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ALISMILE(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
mickey45:

"Too good" I'm all for "giving people the benefit of the doubt"but one would be forced to form an image of you being "a long-bearded and short-trousered" brother too.

That's if you're Yoruba.

I hope I'm wrong though......
well its however unfortunate for me that am yet to spiritually evolve to dat level! The picture u jus described above reminds of the humble personality of some greats like Jesus(AS), Moses(AS) and Muhammed(SAW)!
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by mickey45: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
well its however unfortunate for me that am yet to spiritually evolve to dat level! The picture u jus described above reminds of the humble personality of some greats like Jesus(AS), Moses(AS) and Muhammed(SAW)!

Not necessarily,
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by ikbnice(m): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
samplegirl:

He as clueless as the man who wants him to be minister or have you not heard that birds of same feather flock together.
you're bad
Re: Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With by Morizo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
ziccoit:

you are a bigger clown than shittu bro....imagine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari / Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 / Soldiers Massacre: Reno Omokri Shares Buhari's Throwback Tweet

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.