Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,854 members, 7,976,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:30 PM

Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa (908 Views)

Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos / FG Shuts IDP Camps In Yobe, Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by coded01: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
GOVERNOR Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State, on Wednesday, announced a donation of N150 million towards the alleviation of the plight of victims of Boko Haram insurgency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.

He made the presentation of N50 million to each of the states during the maiden National Council of Stat (NCS) meeting of the present administration presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Ambode told members of the council that Lagos was moved by the suffering of victims of Boko Haram activities affecting not only states in the north east, but also other parts of the country.

The governor said his state saw the insurgent activities as traumatic to the people and sympathised with the three northern states mainly affected, noting that the donation was to ameliorate the plight of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the states.

"There is no gainsaying the fact that the emergence of Boko Haram and its devastating activities is a single challenge facing us as a nation. Though, the insurgence is basically limited to the north-eastern part of Nigeria, the effect is felt everywhere across the states of the federation.

"Recently, at the just-concluded 21st National Economic Summit of the National Economic Summit Group (NESG) in Abuja, Secretary to the Government of the Federation presented a graphic and heart-rending report of the extent of damage and social trauma brought about by insurgency in the region.

"Lagos State views insurgency and natural disasters as hardships that leaves traumatic experiences. We commiserate with the three northern states and share the pains and discomfort of our brothers and sisters.

"We also commend our president for the renewed commitment of the Federal Government to bringing insurgency to a logical conclusion by the year end. Our security agencies also deserve commendation for their gallantry, courage and resolve to ensure that the directive of the president and indeed the wish of all Nigerians is achieved.

"Notwithstanding the hard times resulting from the current economic situation, we have resolved to show leadership and compassion to the plight of our brothers and sisters in North-Eastern Nigeria.

"It is therefore in demonstration of our commitment towards bringing succour and relief to thousands of the IDPs that we present this donation of N50 million each to the governments of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.

"We use this opportunity to call on all Nigerians including corporate organisations and other public spirited individuals to reach out at this time and alleviate the pains of our compatriots in this part of Nigeria."

http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/20249

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by coded01: 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
When other politicians are financing their ministerial ambitions and embezzling money! angry

But I pray the money is duly disbursed to the victims... lipsrsealed embarassed

Less I forget, we need constant electricity, good roads, jobs, e.t.c in Lagos... lipsrsealed

Eko o ni baje... cheesy
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by benedictnsi(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
I pray make d money reach their hands

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nice
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by Disneylady(f): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Issorite
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by DuchessLily(f): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
benedictnsi:
I pray make d money reach their hands

Exactly
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by ernesty20(m): 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
Orobo
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by Elnino4ladies: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nice one ambode!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by benedictnsi(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
DuchessLily:

Exactly

Cos as I d see am now eeh, the government just made those in charge richer cos dat money no go reach people weh dem wan give am

#shikina
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by coded01: 4:18am On Oct 22, 2015
Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove
OAM4J
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 22, 2015
Hmm..Lagos state should've used that money to clean up the black soak away water currently flooding the streets of Lagos

Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 22, 2015
Trying so hard to please his masters up North. Nice try, Slave.

He said "they"...Did he get clarification from the masses in lagos or through their reps in the state assembly? I'm sure the answer is NO.

The same lagos I stayed during my brief stay that I couldn't move from point A to point B abi no be his mates dey construct flyovers everywhere to ameliorate the huge traffic. What of the condition of roads in Okota area where potholes destroy new cars incessantly?

All hail the Slave-General of Lagos. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by simplycarro: 4:54am On Oct 22, 2015
SirJeffry:
Trying so hard to please his masters up North. Nice try, Slave.

He said "they"...Did he get clarification from the masses in lagos or through their reps in the state assembly? I'm sure the answer is NO.

The same lagos I stayed during my brief stay that I couldn't move from point A to point B abi no be his mates dey construct flyovers everywhere to ameliorate the huge traffic. What of the condition of roads in Okota area where potholes destroy new cars incessantly?

All hail the Slave-General of Lagos. undecided
You biafrans are the worst form of creatures on earth.
Who told you that disbursement of such funds was never approve by the approving authority in Lagos
If we are to look at master-servant relationship, you biafrans have been slaves to Northerners since Nigeria independence with a short break during the war and which you resumed immediately after 3M of you were sacrificed. Currently you are slaves of the Ijaw who are raping you mercilessly
I wish the Nigeria govt could just let you fools go away l.
Re: Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 22, 2015
simplycarro:

You biafrans are the worst form of creatures on earth.
Who told you that disbursement of such funds was never approve by the approving authority in Lagos
If we are to look at master-servant relationship, you biafrans have been slaves to Northerners since Nigeria independence with a short break during the war and which you resumed immediately after 3M of you were sacrificed. Currently you are slaves of the Ijaw who are raping you mercilessly
I wish the Nigeria govt could just let you fools go away l.
he meant by the masses not people that "don't sign cheques". And what do you mean slaves of the ijaws? Lol.. I'ma let it slide cos obviously you're pained by his stated and tried a petty excuse for a comeback

(1) (Reply)

PICTURES: 'suspended Immigration Recruitment Exercise' Protest On Tuesday / Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again / Breaking: Buhari Seeks Kachikwu’s Replacement As NNPC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.