Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,950 members, 7,949,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Ben Carson And Donald Trump To Get Secret Service Protection For This Reason... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson And Donald Trump To Get Secret Service Protection For This Reason... (573 Views)

Secret Service Shares Rare Images How They Transport The President's Motorcade. / Inside Donald Trump Secret Service Detail(Photos) / Teenage Photos Of Hillary Clinton And Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ben Carson And Donald Trump To Get Secret Service Protection For This Reason... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Trump And Carson Are Getting Secret Service Protection, But The Reason Why Is Terrifying
Warner Todd Huston October 19, 2015 at 11:10am

Early last week, GOP front runner Donald Trump noted that he was shocked that he had not yet been afforded a security detail from the Secret Service. By that next weekend, it became clear that the service was reassessing that lack of security. But the reason for that reversal isn’t just because the candidate asked for it, but because of a shocking increase in death threats.

As a result of the growing number of new threats on their lives, reports say that the Secret Service is preparing to send security details to both Donald Trump and Dr. Ben Carson, the two current frontrunners for the Republican Party nomination.

"I want to put them on notice because they should have a liability," Trump told The Hill on October 14. "Personally, I think if Obama were doing as well as me he would've had Secret Service [earlier]. I have by far the biggest crowds.”

Trump also noted that the service didn't seem interested in protecting him. "They're in no rush because I'm a Republican. They don’t give a s–t," Trump added.

But now, according to a source that spoke to Newsmax, the Secret Service and the FBI have noted a sharp upswing in threats against the lives of both Donald Trump and Ben Carson, and this is causing the service to change course and give both Trump and Carson a security detail.

For Trump's part, because of his position against illegal immigrants–particularly from Mexico–and his attacks on Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, deaths threats against the real estate mogul have soared. In fact, the drug kingpin has put a one-hundred-million-dollar bounty on Trump’s head.

Trump's son Eric, who is an officer in Trump's business empire, told Fox and Friends that his father deserves Secret Service protection.

When asked why his father has yet to received security, the younger Trump said, "I really wish they would but I think in time it will come and hopefully its sooner rather than later."

As for the second highest Republican in the polls, Dr. Ben Carson, sources told Newsmax that the threats against Carson are "off the charts," especially since he said that Americans should not vote for a sharia-observant Muslim for president.

Dr. Carson was initially uninterested in taking on Secret Service protection, but relented when the government told him how bad the actual threats have become.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/trump-and-carson-are-getting-secret-service-protection-but-the-reason-why-is-terrifying/

1 Share

Re: Ben Carson And Donald Trump To Get Secret Service Protection For This Reason... by resty4(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
Terrorism twin companions r islam n big drug cartels.
Re: Ben Carson And Donald Trump To Get Secret Service Protection For This Reason... by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
resty4:

Terrorism twin companions r islam n big drug cartels.

That combination can be fatal. shocked

(1) (Reply)

Sinai Peninsula Crash: Terrorism Or Mechanical Fault? / Washington's Double Life? Iraqis Accuse US Of Being In Cahoots With Daesh / Gambia Becomes An Islamic State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.