Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,314 members, 7,971,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:31 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (696326 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

How do we make it happen? I'm 150% for that...

Mining is another option, but how do we translate it from idea to reality ??

Your sister freeglobe just created a thread & invited her acolytes to battle... I can't stop laughing... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Cc; gbawe & Aareonakakanfo cheesy

By investing in regional groups like DAWN + SWIT that are currently encouraging agriculture in the SW.

As per mining, may Obatala give Fayemi the wisdom to make mining state regulated. After that, we can begin to talk about the specifics.
Do we even have quarries in Nigeria?

As per freeglobe, it's a he. I've already reported the thread. Let them talk nna nna for 1 hr, e go tire them.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
IyaIode:

I am not entirely against loans for infrastructure, but borrow to pay salaries is just stupid, like i said few days ago, these states should sack 80% of their workforce, this is the best time to do it.

Ahh, Iyalode, 80% ke? Where would they go, how would they feed...?

Let's talk and reach a compromise....how about offer to civil servants within 5yrs of retirement, by service or age, a buy out? This would save government huge savings.

Then tighten up on rules.and.conditions of.employment going forward as an additional measure to run an efficient.and commited workforce. Non performers, habitual violators, would be shaved.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
Send people to every ministry without notification, sack everyone that is not on sit, came late or busy gossiping, that day alone we will get 70%
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
GspotAngela:
Aregbosola deserves to be stripped nake.d, flogged, nailed & crucified on a cross

Yes. Like the fake messiah.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
raumdeuter:

Which is why I ask. Because we can stay here and rail all day but with that mammoth wage bill aka welfarism we are not going anywhere soon

Who would bell the cat.

Btw I was in Ife oau between 1997 and 2004

That's nice, Greatest gbagba.. smiley

Just posed the bolded to you too..

But we are hoping our political investment will yield maximum profit in greater diversification of the economy & the SW will be in the fore front...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FreeGlobe(f): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

By investing in regional groups like DAWN + SWIT that are currently encouraging agriculture in the SW.

As per mining, may Obatala give Fayemi the wisdom to make mining state regulated. After that, we can begin to talk about the specifics.

[s]As per freeglobe, it's a he. I've already reported the thread. Let them talk nna nna for 1 hr, e go tire them[/s].

tongue
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Ahh, Iyalode, 80% ke? Where would they go, how would they feed...?

Let's talk and reach a compromise....how about offer to civil servants within 5yrs of retirement, by service or age, a buy out? This would save government huge savings.

Then tighten up on rules.and.conditions of.employment going forward as an additional measure to run an efficient.and commited workforce. Non performers, habitual violators, would be shaved.

I don't think the number we will get from this will be significant enough, have you seen the table on current expenditure vs actual income of these state?
In fact Osun should scrap its civil service except teachers and doctors.
Everybody to the farm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
IyaIode:

I don't think the number we will get from this will be significant enough, have you seen the table on current expenditure vs actual income of these state?
In fact Osun should scrap its civil service except teachers and doctors.
Everybody to the farm

Lol the thing vex you gan grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Gbawe: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

Too early to tell. We can only hope.

I wonder what OBJ's presidency brought to the SW.

Was OBJ ever about power to the people and development of the common man as Buhari is? This is why I keep stressing that we must understand what we have gained and where we stand exactly in Nigeria today. PDP is all about a patronage system that feeds 'awon boyz' first. Any President produced by the PDP must first bow to and pay homage to this system. That was one of the reasons we would always struggle as a region, even when we had men/women of ideas, because we could not completely circumvent and work around a centre that insisted on constituting itself into an impediment to us whether it was OBJ or GEJ in charge.

Today things are very different and we have it as best as we can have it. I.e we are linked to the centre through the APC and Osinbajo who is becoming more influential and closer to Buhari. We have Yoruba ministers in positions critical to the development of Nigeria and the SW. Why are we not taking about realities like this that we can capitalise upon?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superduperjay: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
Solutions,solutions that the way forward not all this monkey resemble chimpanzee stories.
modath:

*kisses* to you too , wink Damaturu of the killer harmattan & droughty dry season.... It was a whole year of horror undecided...

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

As per freeglobe, it's a he. I've already reported the thread. Let them talk nna nna for 1 hr, e go tire them.

Me i don't pay 95% of my mentions any mind... grin

Ipako o gbo shuti, ori elegan lobaje...

@iyalode,
We are talking of reality not Idealism cheesy

Do you know how many votes Fayemi lost by insisting Teachers take competency tests in subjects they were sipposed to be experts in cheesy grin

Abeg nor let me laugh....

This is NIGERIA not UTOPIA...

@General House..

I don tire for this talk... let's die it , no one is ready to shift position in this highly contentious discuss...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Was OBJ ever about power to the people and development of the common man as Buhari is? This is why I keep stressing that we must understand what we have gained and where we stand exactly in Nigeria today. PDP is all about a patronage system that feeds 'awon boyz' first. Any President produced by the PDP must first bow to and pay homage to this system. That always east that we would always struggle as a region, even when we had men/women of ideas, because we could not completely circlet a centre that insisted on constituting itself into an impediment to us whether it was OBJ or GEJ in charge.

Today things are very different and we have it as best as we can have it. I.e we are linked to the centre through the APC and Osinbajo who is becoming more influential and closer to Buhari. We have Yoruba ministers in positions critical to the development of Nigeria and the SW. Why are we not taking about realities like this that we can capitalise upon?

And you assume that the others are pro-power-to-the-people?

Unless they use their powers to sway the power from federalism to regionalism, won ko ti se nkankan.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
IyaIode:
Send people to every ministry without notification, sack everyone that is not on sit, came late or busy gossiping, that day alone we will get 70%

Gossiping is part reason why some come to work daily. If you ban it at work place they would find the job hostile. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
cool_______ cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Gossiping is part reason why some come to work daily. If you ban it at work place they would find the job hostile. Lol

cheesy grin.... Do you know how many faces I'm looking at in my head? cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Esp Nigerian nurses. lipsrsealed

WIZGUY69:
cool_______ cool

Omo mi omoluabi, okun o.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

How do we make it happen? I'm 150% for that...

Mining is another option, but how do we translate it from idea to reality ??

Your sister freeglobe just created a thread & invited her acolytes to battle... I can't stop laughing... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Cc; gbawe & Aareonakakanfo cheesy

Until mining is withdrawn from the exclusive list of the constitution to the concurrent or residual list, the gold mines beneath the soils of Ilesha would remain as worthless as Freeglobe's last menstrual pad.

Senators and Reps members of Osun extraction should sponsor a bill in both houses as regards this mining issue.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Me i don't pay 95% of my mentions any mind... grin

Ipako o gbo shuti, ori elegan lobaje..

Freeglobe mentions my IDs about 20 times per day. After a while, it starts looking like an unreturned love letter.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
tupacshakur:

Until mining is withdrawn from the exclusive list of the constitution to the concurrent or residual list, then the gold mines beneath the soils of Ilesha would be as worthless as Freeglobe's last menstrual pad.

Senators and Reps members of Osun extraction should pass a bill in both houses as regards this mining issue.

Bwaaaahahahhaha grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I'm not supposed to laugh but couldn't help myself.. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ogun state is becoming fucking rich.

1. Lots of investors

2. Becoming 2nd ICT hub in Nigeria

3. Large amount of gold and other natural resources.

Mehn .....

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:
Ogun state is becoming fucking rich.

1. Lots of investors

2. Becoming 2nd ICT hub in Nigeria

3. Large amount of gold and other natural resources.

Mehn .....

Pleasant news......Nice...

Yorubaland is caked up to the Nth degree but ....... undecided
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Pleasant news......Nice...

Yorubaland is caked up to the Nth degree but ....... undecided

Sugbon kini? So oro to wa ninu okan e.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Gbawe: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

And you assume that the others are pro-power-to-the-people?

Unless they use their powers to sway the power from federalism to regionalism, won ko ti se nkankan.

Well I certainly believe Buhari is and far more so than all past PDP Presidents since 1999 to include the OBJ you talk of. This is why we have to see the action plans of Ministers. I believe we will move towards States gaining more powers over their own progress than has ever been the case to date.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Well I certainly believe Buhari is and far more so than all past PDP Presidents since 1999 to include the OBJ you talk of. This is why we have to see the action plans of Ministers. I believe we will move towards States gaining more powers over their own progress than has ever been the case to date.

I'll give our Yoruba ministers Osu meji tabi meta. If I don't see signs or any indication of state power, I'll need you to come back here and explain your position again.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

Sugbon kini? So oro to wa ninu okan e.

Will our Lawmakers face what they were sent to do in NASS & stop Abobakuing & fighting over orangey, apply & watermelony committees ??

We need champions to push forward the desires of our region.but once they get in there, the fight becomes how to secure the next Assembly's ticket....

I'm hopeful though, just thinking of the pitfalls..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Current not impressed with Buhari and his sudden muteness concerning Fulani menace.

He expressed his condolences to France, but neglected the Kogi crisis.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
Guys,

As much as we do not want this thread to be about politicians and parties, we need to see some sense in what Gbawe is saying.

He is making sense. We have the opportunity to harness the fruit of our labour from the centre through those guys at the centre. Through them, we can set up a system that works for us in SW while helping GMB to fulfil his campaign promises.

@Gbawe,

We cannot but talk of the past and even present because it shapes our tomorrow and future, through informed decision making system. We are lamenting here and critiquing our governors because we do not settle for mediocrity. We want the best for our region just like you do. A lot of politicians now visit NL whether directly or indirectly and this is a medium to pass our messages to them. If this was the legacy Awo laid down, some jokers will not be migrating here on a daily basis. Likewise investors would not have made our region their investment haven

It is absurd and embarrassing when the obvious fact is starring us in the face - we did not get value for all the money borrowed. That is criminal and satanic. Can you imagine Aregbe enriching Kabiru with his stup1d Opon Imo scheme and the children of the poor will be the one to repay the money in Kabiru's pocket?

Be that as it may, the discuss has highlighted sons and daughters of oduduwa both at home and diaspora that should be celebrated. Likewise we have dwelt on our problems and challenges.

Let us think out of the box and proffer workable solutions. The challenges are surmountable.

For the people calling for the sacking of the workforce, know that it will not work. What we should be clamouring for is eradication of ghost workers. If the states must sack, they should be ready to institute social security system. If we are not careful, we shall end up freeing more funds for some people to loot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Will our Lawmakers face what they were sent to do in NASS & stop Abobakuing & fighting over orangey, apply & watermelony committees ??

We need champions to push forward the desires of our region.but once they get in there, the fight becomes how to secure the next Assembly's ticket....

I'm hopeful though, just thinking of the pitfalls..

Lmao na true you talk. grin

Every man for himself.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

Current not impressed with Buhari and his sudden muteness concerning Fulani menace.

He expressed his condolences to France, but neglected the Kogi crisis.

I do not have any iota of pity for the Kogi guys again.

Madness begats super-madness. They should go haywire attacking anything that the name starts with F until they are half way into the fulani empire.

Be rest assured, they will call them for round table talk and they can now have an upper hand on the negotiation table. That is why I love Israel response to attacks and it is the ideal response.

Did you think IG was just interested in the kidnap of Olu Falae. When they remembered the year 2000 in Oyo State, of course they know what awaits every single Fulani on this soil.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibebe:

Lol the thing vex you gan grin
That debt chart is really annoying

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
superstar1:

I do not have any iota of pity for the Kogi guys again.

Madness begats super-madness. They should go haywire attacking anything that the name starts with F until they are half way into the fulani empire.

Be rest assured, they will call them for round table talk and they can now have an upper hand on the negotiation table. That is why I love Israel response to attacks and it is the ideal response.

Did you think IG was just interested in the kidnap of Olu Falae. When they remembered the year 2000 in Oyo State, of course they know what awaits every single Fulani on this soil.

Violence is the only thing a Fulani man understands. They respect violence.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.