Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,228 members, 7,977,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:08 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (75013 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2009
akinalabi:

debosky,

80 mill is enough for anyone to change his mind.

Then, no one thought Ronaldo was a united lifer. He's put in 6
years for us and we're happy with that

Listen to Sharon's comments - he kept harping as if the man would be there till he had his grandchildren. grin grin

80mill? I'm sure that's worth less in Euros than what Madrid was offering last year - it is a stupendous amount of cash, but it was never an issue of cash anyways, it was supposedly a matter of principle for UTD.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

grin grin grin grin

Where are all of Sarong's claims that the glazers would have to die and fergie go senile before Ronaldo will be sold? cheesy grin
The decision was at RONALDO's request - meaning when a player wants to go, he GOES!! Enough of the hype about UTD not selling players unless they are ready - Ronaldo wanted to leave, and given his long term contract and world status, would always command a ridiculous fee.

Real Madrid is truly the top dog of world football - no one spends cash like they do. cheesy

At this rate, Ribery will be coming to UTD, or maybe Valencia from Wigan. grin grin grin

Mad money folks, mad money!!
I don't really know but why am I too expectant to see how he will defend his goofs
But you will agree with me that with that kinda money, Fergie and Gill was everly gonna think again.

Why i am excited is that i know Fergie will come up with someone else.
Lets see his next signing to be able to predict the teams next drift.
Serving us for 6 years with a UCL medal deserves a warm Send-Off.

As for players leaving when they want to, who says he didn't want to leave last season?
The club and player must be willing to sell. Ronaldo didn't have any problem staying back at Old Trafford for next season
But if Man U needs the money and CR7 wants to go, its a done deal!!! Geddit!!

Ibime,
We will create another brang in him!!
Thats not the issue and also Ronaldo was just a percentage of Man U's merchandise and not majority!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

80mill? I'm sure that's worth less in Euros than what Madrid was offering last year - it is a stupendous amount of cash, but it was never an issue of cash anyways, it was supposedly a matter of principle for UTD.
To be frank, i am quite surprised Man U sold him without even much haggles given that we are not a selling club!
But soldier go soldier come, Barack go remain. . . . . .Madrid offered 70million Euros last year.

I bet Wenger will flog off Fab4 for a quarter of this price tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 11:11am On Jun 11, 2009
Emperoh:

Ronaldo has been SOLD to RM for £80m.
World Record transfer fee!! Lets see another genius Fergie will breed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8094720.stm

Dude stop spilling sanitary wastes EMP, he hasnt been sold yet!
Wait till he rocks a Real Shirt and have his name etched onto the GALACTICO slate! tongue

Ibime:

Hammer wetin?. . . . Ronaldo alone is worth £40m in prize money every season. . . . he has lifted Man Utd to a global status they never had before. . . . forget it. . . . we are about to test the theory that Man Utd is a one man team for real. . . .

GBAM!
One man team theory and allegations will be tested as well as Manchester United's potential to rake in money or even trophies! grin

debosky:

grin grin grin grin
Where are all of Sarong's claims that the glazers would have to die and fergie go senile before Ronaldo will be sold? cheesy grin
The decision was at RONALDO's request - meaning when a player wants to go, he GOES!! Enough of the hype about UTD not selling players unless they are ready - Ronaldo wanted to leave, and given his long term contract and world status, would always command a ridiculous fee.

Spot on Debosky!
I told Sharon CR7 has had enough of United!
Ronaldo wanted to go ages ago, but i dont really see him turning back now!

Sharon
This mustav wounded you a bit pal, especially with your cocky comments grin cheesy
Anywayz, i reserve more comments till CR7 is kicking about at the Bernabeu in a REAL shirt! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2009
If the deal goes through, a large chunk will most likely go towards repaying the massive debt hanging over United's head!
So scumtwats, dont really expect a major spending spree from the CR7 windfall if he does make it to REAL MADRID in the end tongue

Awon onigbese! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by HNIC(m): 11:27am On Jun 11, 2009
Some classic quotes. . . . . grin
What was it SAF said last year?
I would not sell a virus to this people.
ha ha ha ha
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by akinalabi(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2009
HNIC:

Some classic quotes. . . . .  grin
ha ha ha ha

He was talking about Calderon and his mafia style

Of course he sells to Real madrid, we've done that more than twice
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by HNIC(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2009
akinalabi:

He was talking about Calderon and his mafia style

Of course he sells to Real madrid, we've done that more than twice
@ akin
Ha ha ha
Calderon,Perez,Valdano
Me thinks
They are all brothers of the same mind!!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 11:50am On Jun 11, 2009
Hemp boss no vex jare, don't let my comments lead you into early weeding.  grin grin

I still think for all the noise UTD was making, selling him almost without a fight is highly surprising.

"No chance. I would not sell them a virus. That is a 'no' by the way. There is no agreement whatsoever between the clubs."

Emperoh:

To be frank, i am quite surprised Man U sold him without even much haggles given that we are not a selling club!
But soldier go soldier come, Barack go remain. . . . . .Madrid offered 70million Euros last year.

I bet Wenger will flog off Fab4 for a quarter of this price tongue tongue

Fabregas? Nah, his deal stretches into eternity, any club wanting him must cough up £90m at the minimum.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2009
Some classic quotes. . . . .
ha ha ha ha
huh?
he wouldnt sell to the mob!!
calderon is the bastard

we do biz with Real and it goes back in the days
Ruud, Heinze used to be our players; u remember?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by akinalabi(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2009
HNIC:

@ akin
Ha ha ha
Calderon,Perez,Valdano
Me thinks
They are all brothers of the same mind!!! grin

We do business with Real. It was Calderon's mafia style Fergie
was refering to as a mob.

Fergie did not say he will not sell to Real Madrid again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2009
Debo
Never mind, Fabregas will go at half the quarter of Eboue's price tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by codedguy1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2009
Ronaldo going to real Madrid is making some peeps lick their lips as if that means they would win next year

With Ronaldo at UTD other clubs could not do shit, UTD has never been a one man team and this would be proven next season.

80million is too much to resist and i think other teams should watch out for UNITED next sesaon cos y'all will not know where the goals will come from.In fact, Anderson to score 42goals next season grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2009
coded guy:

Ronaldo going to real Madrid is making some peeps lick their lips as if that means they would win next year

With Ronaldo at UTD other clubs could not do shit, UTD has never been a one man team and this would be proven next season.

80million is too much to resist and i think other teams should watch out for UNITED next sesaon cos y'all will not know where the goals will come from.In fact, Anderson to score 42goals next season grin grin
Anderson? shocked shocked grin grin

If that happens, Eboue will win Ballon D'Or and World Footballer of The Year as well. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by HNIC(m): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
coded guy:

In fact, Anderson to score 42goals next season grin grin
Ander-gini?
If Anderson scores 42 goals next season, I will pose on NL in a Spud shirt!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2009
the money is huge . . .

its gonna be a big lose to UTD and the prem as well.

Madrid is the club to watch out for next season . . .

i hear Florentina perez wants FAB4 and Messi too . . .

this Madrid team will be fire next season ooo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2009
allboyz:

the money is huge . . .

its gonna be a big lose to UTD and the prem as well.

Madrid is the club to watch out for next season . . .
i hear Florentina perez wants FAB4 and Messi too . . .

this Madrid team will be fire next season ooo
Guy,
I don't think so. . . . .It will take time for the big name stars to gell
Moreso, reflect on the why the galaticos failed. . . . . .too many stars who had nothing to play for.
Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane etc.
Its not yet uhuru for them. If they buy all these attacking players without shoring up the backline, then its all a waste.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. . . . . .I do love to say that i'll miss CR7 and his gimmicks.

Nevertheless,
Soo much money, the problem's how to spend it. . . . . . . .Maga don payyy shout halleluya!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2009
Nevertheless,
Soo much money, the problem's how to spend it. . . . . . . .Maga don payyy shout halleluya!!
now ure getting all lyrical
its cool grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
Only if they allowed JM to coach Madrid . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Akatamba(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
Emperoh:

Duh, It's called showing respect toward your superior!

For far too long, your imbecilic manager - also known as (Alex Ferguson) tried to play it the hard way. Not knowing that the mighty, mighty Real Madrid is by far the superior institution, I can assure every singly one of you sunday league tools that the senile bastard has indeed realized otherwise.

Truth to be told, all these idiots - also known as (AC Milan. FC Barcelona. Chelsea. Manchester United etc etc etc etc) are not even in Real Madrid level, Real Madrid outshines all the above-mentioned jokers in terms of, history, abundance wealth and world-wide supremacy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
Akatamba:

Duh, It's called showing respect toward your superior!

For far too long, your imbecilic manager - also known as (Alex Ferguson) tried to play it the hard way. Not knowing that the mighty, mighty Real Madrid is by far the superior institution, I can assure every singly one of you sunday league tools that the senile bastard has indeed realized otherwise.

Truth to be told, all these idiots - also known as (AC Milan. FC Barcelona. Chelsea. Manchester United etc etc etc etc) are not even in Real Madrid level, Real Madrid outshines all the above-mentioned jokers in terms of, history, abundance wealth and world-wide supremacy.
What kind of giraffe wrote this?
Because Real is senselessly splashing cash aboutall of a sudden,they have all this behind them.
They've been here before.it ultimately led them to this same point where they sacked perhaps the only legit coach they have had for a long time because they wanted to look like superstars.
I thought perez had learnt from that first galactico episode.Apparently not.
The clubs you call idiots have taken time to build their squads when they were on top.Real look like the idiots when they keep buying players who do't cut it.
So we can equally say Man City has arrived in england because they throw cash around at the slightest whiff of a transfer window.like Real don't know the blue-print to success.They always want to take the shortcut to success.
Fergie is not an slowpoke.You look like one with this your shambolic post.Because he agreed to sell doesn't make him or United any less superior.
Get it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2009
Speak carefully Eastbay - did Madrid not win 2 CLs during the galactico era? Yes they waste money often, but they still have proven success with this path.

Good post akatamba, anything that riles up the scumtwats is highly welcome. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

Speak carefully Eastbay - did Madrid not win 2 CLs during the galactico era? Yes they waste money often, but they still have proven success with this path.

Good post akatamba, anything that riles up the scumtwats is highly welcome. grin grin grin

Oh yes! grin cheesy grin

Akatamba
Dodgy name though but nice post! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

misyarner-in-chief,
when was the last time they won it?And what has happened since then?point of correction;they won it only once in 2002 with figo,zidane,raul and roberto carlos as the galacticos.In 2000,Zidane and figo had not joined them.So check your leaky facts.
Read my post carefully.I ended by saying that Real loves the short-cut route.That's why they look like a sorry Nollywood movie.
You're begining to sound like your creche-mate crackles.Induction by association,i guess.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by presido1: 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2009
Let United collect the 80milla jor. We can afford to go a seasion* without EPL trophy while we build on the players around.
Ruud and DB left United waxed more strong against the wish of the most trophyless club in the world(ass-anal).
Ronaldo leaving will not change anything, United will come out stronger by August.

If the deal did go through Madrid Vs Arsenal quarter final UCL next seasion. tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
Eastbay:

misyarner-in-chief,
when was the last time they won it?And what has happened since then?point of correction;they won it only once in 2002 with figo,zidane,raul [/b]and [b]roberto carlos as the galacticos.In 2000,Zidane and figo had not joined them.So check your leaky facts.
Read my post carefully.I ended by saying that Real loves the short-cut route.That's why they look like a sorry Nollywood movie.
You're begining to sound like your creche-mate crackles.Induction by association,i guess.
Talking while furious is always bound to end up with idiotic mistakes.  grin

Was Ronaldo not at the club in 2000? Was he not recognised as a galactico? Was he not acquired by Perez? Roberto Carlos and Raul were galacticos? Weren't they part of the 2000 win?  

In Perez's previous stint as Madrid president he oversaw the acquisitions of global stars Ronaldo (£23.2m), David Beckham (£24.5m), Luis Figo (£37m), as well as Zinedine Zidane in what was a then world record of £46.7m.

With the above facts, it is CLEAR that the 2000 win is obviously within the galactico era so my statement is very valid. Call it short cut route - winning 2 CLs in 6 years is something ANY CLUB would desire.

Akatamba's comments hurt you, but don't take it out on me.  grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

Talking while furious is always bound to end up with idiotic mistakes.  grin

Was Ronaldo not at the club in 2000? Was he not recognised as a galactico? Was he not acquired by Perez? Roberto Carlos and Raul were galacticos? Weren't they part of the 2000 win?

With the above facts, it is CLEAR that the 2000 win is obviously within the galactico era so my statement is very valid. Call it short cut route - winning 2 CLs in 6 years is something ANY CLUB would desire.

Talking when drunk also leads to silly mistakes. . . .

How can Ronaldo be at the club in 2000 when he joined after 2002 World Cup?

Sciolism is a disease. I would like to think that mistake was genuine. Everyone knows Ronaldo has never won UCL. Hardcore footie guys like Dayo can never make such mistake. . .  grin

Damn it. . . even Figo wasn't at Madrid in 2000 UCL tournament. . . there were no galacticos in that team. . .

I was trying to explain Perez philosophy to you on the other thread, but you are too arrogant to learn. How can Raul be a galactico?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2009
I resent the drunken statement. tongue

I admit I made mistakes, but I still consider the 2000 win to be within the galactico era. tongue

I was simply going by Eastbay's assertion that Carlos and Raul were galacticos. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2009
Ibime:

Talking when drunk also leads to silly mistakes. . . .
How can Ronaldo be at the club in 2000 when he joined after 2002 World Cup?
Sciolism is a disease. I would like to think that mistake was genuine. Everyone knows Ronaldo has never won UCL. Hardcore footie guys like Dayo can never make such mistake. . .  grin
Damn it. . . even Figo wasn't at Madrid in 2000 UCL tournament. . . there were no galacticos in that team. . .
I was trying to explain Perez philosophy to you on the other thread, but you are too arrogant to learn. How can Raul be a galactico?

Debosky is too excited to think rationally.
He has been jizzing his pants ever since Ronaldo's news filtered through as if it guarantees a trophy for Arsenal next season.

Fergie musta thunk this through before accepting Madrid's bid or is he calling their bluff?
If u want Ronaldo, pay us £80 million or keep your claws off him?
Take the 80 mil, buy Villa, Huntelaar and Sneijder.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Debosky is too excited to think rationally.
He has been jizzing his pants ever since Ronaldo's news filtered through as if it guarantees a trophy for Arsenal next season.

grin grin grin

debosky:

I admit I made mistakes, but I still consider the 2000 win to be within the galactico era. tongue

I was simply going by Eastbay's assertion that Carlos and Raul were galacticos. grin

2000 UCL cup win can never be considered to be under the galacticos era cos it was won under Lorenzo Sanz, not Perez. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Fergie musta thunk this through before accepting Madrid's bid or is he calling their bluff?
If u want Ronaldo, pay us £80 million or keep your claws off him?
Take the 80 mil, buy Villa, Huntelaar and Sneijder.

Would Fergie buy Villa, Hunty or Sneijder?
I doubt it!
Hunty and Sneijder could have been negotiated as part of the fee if Faggotson was keen!
It is still not definitely in the bag, so fingers crossed!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

Would Fergie buy Villa, Hunty or Sneijder?
I doubt it!
Hunty and Sneijder could have been negotiated as part of the fee if Faggotson was keen!

But nobody knows if Madrid can cough up this amount yet.
Nobody knows the other secondary issues attached to the deal.
It's a smart piece of business if you consider the £12 milla Ronaldo was bought but it's a dumb move if u consider selling a winger that scored 91 goals in 3 seasons. I think it's a tad too early to sell Ronaldo and i am sure Platini would now draw Real Madrid and Man Utd in the UCL next season. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (100)

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.