Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,032 members, 7,906,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:16 PM

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN (1035 Views)

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. / My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 2: Non-oil Exports Are Down?! / Buhari: My Economic Policies May Cause 'short Term' Hardship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by debaj10: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sorry to put a damper on your Sunday evening, but this has to be done- because we have to each prepare ourselves.
Most of this write up is easy to deduce. The handwriting's already on the wall and you don't need a genius IQ to see it coming.

Now that it's clear that 'body language' wasn't responsible for the perceived improvements in power supply;
Now that it's clear that the government's 2015 fiscal year is ended;
Now that it's clear that therefore there will be no capital projects for the rest of the year;
Now that it's clear that there have so far been hardly any tangible gains in the fight against either corruption or terrorism;
Now that it's clear that the CBN's policies are just a bandaid against a cracked dam;
Now that it's clear that the new noisemakers are the old wine of corruption;
Now that it's clear that said noisemakers will not have a budget for 2016 (Osinbajo says they're adopting a 'zero budget' economic model).
Now that it's all clear for us to see and understand-
I'd like to make a few predictions for 2016.

First, the dollar dam will break at Christmas-
Dollar will likely hit N300.
This will lead to an official recession. We might avoid it with end-of-year govt spending, but that's unlikely.
Petroleum prices will dip further- after a winter bump. And this is even before Iran rejoins the market.
The federal govt has no money to sustain subsidies. Therefore latest by february, fuel subsidy will be scrapped and the markets deregulated.
All taxes are going up- Vat, electricity, income, etc. Therefore inflation will skyrocket.
All the above will make the status quo impossible to maintain. Therefore, mass retrenchments will take place.
By May 29, 2016, we'll all be 'wailing wailers' and gej will be fondly remembered (i dont care for the way the guy handled things but what the hey. I'm just predicting human behaviour).

God in heaven, I hope I'm wrong on ALL the counts above, but it's almost inevitable really.
But here's the one that'll get you:

We just might see the first impeachment of a sitting president!
I know, shocker right?

God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by deltateam: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Okay
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
That is your opinion,,,
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by debaj10: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
That is your opinion,,,

Obviously.
Question is, do the signs agree or disagree with me?

Tags-
Feel free to check out the trend for any of the tags below.
I expect that most of them are worsening- and have been doing so for months now.
The problem with economics is that there's a trickle-down effect which most of us hardly see until someone makes an announcement in the news!!

Please, remember that the purpose of my initial post is to provide information, so that we can all make informed decisions.
I'd gladly accept- and look forward to- rebuttals based on any available data.
Who on earth could WANT things to get worse than they currently are?!

sovereign wealth fund
foreign reserves
excess crude account *Special case- this should be non-existent by now.
trade deficit
foreign debt
local debt
gdp
gdp per capita
gdi- gross domestic income
interest rates
lending rates
inflation
nbs- national bureau of statistics
economic indices
bond market rates
treasury bills
forex rates
unemployment rates
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mr OP reading through your post i see no proper economic analysis, the only point that i see you trying to make is that Buhari's government will fail and God forbid cos if Buhari fails it will also affect all of us.

You are not God and all those bad things you u put up there will never come to pass.
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
I agree with the Op.

My own concern is dollar to naira grin
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by SHOPPERS(m): 12:14am On Oct 26, 2015
That could only be right if Buhari is only experienced in cattle rearing.

But overall, considering that we still have oil and thanks to Gej, Agric sector is gradually improving, it won't happen so fast even if there will be shockers.

Jonathan was brutally criticised for some of his best achievements in power including the subsidy issue. Our eyes go soon clear say even though he chop money like the past presidents, he tried.
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by debaj10: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
femcruz:
Mr OP reading through your post i see no proper economic analysis, the only point that i see you trying to make is that Buhari's government will fail and God forbid cos if Buhari fails it will also affect all of us.

You are not God and all those bad things you u put up there will never come to pass.

Amen.
But:
Again, all I've done is make predictions based on MY PERSONAL observations.
I PRAY TO GOD THAT I'M WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.
You think I want them to come to pass?!
I'm nowhere near that kind of madness.
Thanks for your prayers.
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by Praisemelody(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Everyone will be affected in this economic crash
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN by debaj10: 1:06am On Nov 01, 2015
After the news about last week being the worst financially since 2008, I think an update is needed here:

The bvn saga has some unforeseen consequences that we likely haven't thought of- but I'm shocked that financial pundits seem to have completely ignored ANY analysis of this HUGE pit we risk falling into!
Have salaries for october been paid?
If not what happens if your account has been frozen- since it's an e-transaction, does your pay even get to your account?
If each of the 20million frozen accounts only has an average of N1000 as minimum balance, that's N20 billion automatically out of circulation.
How do all these frozen funds- plus the $5 billion still stuck in banks due to the cbn's dollar policy- affect the economy?
How many low income earners- gatemen, cooks, cleaners, househelps, drivers, conductors, policemen, petty traders, etc will go unpaid and therefore be thrown into (short-term?) Financial ruin?
How many dependents who get money fro 'd abroad' are now trapped without funds for sustenance, fees, (medical) bills, even loan repayments/business financing?

All because noone could advise the cbn to inform the public that, "From nov 1st, you must get your bvn before accessing your account"- the very same message minus the UNNECESSARY panic...

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Business Advice!!! / Investment In Benin City / See our new Co-working space. (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.