Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,908 members, 7,942,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. (635 Views)

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 2: Non-oil Exports Are Down?! / Buhari: My Economic Policies May Cause 'short Term' Hardship / My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 1: BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. by debaj10: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
To paraphrase Mr. T, 'I pity the fools', when I hear people who continue to put their hope in one man.

In the history of humanity, there has never been a man (or woman)- be they king, emperor, tyrant or 'leader'- who was able to develop a nation without the active, persevering participation of the people.

Yet Nigerians bought the boasts of the one man with his 'new sheriff in town' appellation.

I would've seen a TINY glimmer of light at the end of this terrible, obsidian tunnel we're all in, if there had been a forum/thread/medium for APC members- on Nairaland for example, discussing, arguing, proposing and resolving on ways to tackle issues.

It's almost mid-december and yet the clanging bells of accusations are compounded by the dearth of ideas and collective resolve from the ruling party.

-----------------------

Having shifted the goal post on Boko Haram twice, the army's now been given an indefinite, open-ended timeline.

Despite giving a deadline specifically for the kidnapped students of FGGC Chibok, the excuse (reason?) is now that they're mostly 'happily' married.

Rice importation has been banned, unbanned and banned again.

I read from Osinbajo that the budget was to be N8 trillion, but the FEC seems to have decided on 6.
Or was the N2.1trillion Buhari requested for 2015 the 'advance fee', hence the reduction?
(Has the NASS approved the appropriation?)

Let's leave army check-points out of it.

At least, the inconsistency of this government is consistent.

Let's be clear:
Whether you're a wailing wailer or a lying liar, most of us are going to suffer next year.

Again, taxes will go up; subsidy will go out; contracts will be sparce; jobs will be scarce and employers will be kings; the naira will crash and crude will still fall.

Those who know what's good for them and their loved ones will skip any attempt at Christmas celebrations that extend beyond going to Church and singing carols.

If you're lucky enough to get your full pay by year's end- to say nothing of those who might get bonuses, stick it in the bank or stock up on food towards next year.

If you're unemployed, I can only pray that God sees you through 2016.

When January 1st arrives and you hear the budget, look beyond the chest-beating and prepare for a month's end filled with sticks, stones and bare bones...

Those who have ears, let them hear.
God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. by AceRoyal: 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
OP I hope u have e-bullet proof!
cuz some people will be coming for ur head soon.
But wailing wailers and lying liers will turn ur thread to a war zone.grin
As for me I'm just here to read comments and give likesgrin
Re: My Economic Predictions For 2016- Update 3: Winter Is Here. by sweden: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2015
"Again, taxes will go up; subsidy will go out; contracts will be sparce; jobs will be scarce and employers will be kings; the naira will crash and crude will still fall."
[size=8pt][/size]

End time prophet.stmt of fact though

(1) (Reply)

5 Easy Steps To Create A Fiverr Account For Online Business / How To Make Money Without Money / Anti-snake Powder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.