Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,233 members, 7,887,643 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

Muhammed And The Flying Horse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammed And The Flying Horse (13367 Views)

Video Of The "Flying Bird That Turned Into A Woman In Port Harcourt" / Man And His Horse Wearing Lord's Chosen Apron (Photo) / Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammed And The Flying Horse by johnydon22(m): 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
[b]
Many of us here are very familiar with flying animals in antiquity or animals depicted to possess wings like birds.

The most popular of these stories is the story of Pegasus the flying Horse of Perseus son of the God Zeus in classical Greek antiquity.

we have all seen the movie depictions and many of us here won't deny having fantasized about riding such animal grin that has nothing to show that is not anymore than mere mythological fictional work of antiquity.

We also have the winged bulls of Babylonian mythology and then remarkably one so near is the tale of Muhammed (Founder of Islam) riding similar animal.

I am intrigued at this claim of Muhammed riding something similar to a flying horse named Buraq.

Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me. ... The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight.

—  Muhammad al-Bukhari , Sahih al-Bukhari

Then he [Gabriel] brought the Buraq, handsome-faced and bridled, a tall, white beast, bigger than the donkey but smaller than the mule. He could place his hooves at the farthest boundary of his gaze. He had long ears. Whenever he faced a mountain his hind legs would extend, and whenever he went downhill his front legs
would extend. He had two wings on his thighs which lent strength to his legs.

He bucked when Muhammad came to mount him. The angel Jibril (Gabriel ) put his hand on his mane and said: "Are you not ashamed, O Buraq? By Allah , no-one has ridden you in all creation more dear to Allah than he is." Hearing this he was so ashamed that he sweated until he became soaked, and he stood still so that the Prophet mounted him

According to these narratives God through Gabriel gave Muhammed one of his flying horse-like animals to ride to Jerusalem. . And muhammed was the ever first to ride such.

I find it intriguing that the classical story of Perseus which predates muhammed story by thousands of years. God (zeus) also gave Perseus a flying horse named Pegasus and Perseus became the only person to have ridden such.

These two stories quite similar in their claim of flying horse-like animals being ridden, what fascinates me is that people actually believe Muhammed really rode such an animal even though such has never been substantiated to be anymore than fictious mythical construct.

It reveals the dishonesty in Faith... Someone could believe such unsubstantiated outrageous assertion by faith against all reason.

A Muslim would laugh at anyone who asserts Perseus rode a flying horse but Muhammed rode one? then it is true .. "God is great" …lol.. grin..

Imagine the absurdity in such belief. . . If one honestly believe someone rode a flying horse then why cant that person believe Perseus did or the dishonesty in belief stipulates one should cherry pick which myth to believe?

That's why i always say: "If something needs to be believed against reason by faith then there is no reason to believe it at all..."

Our muslim brothers, Do you honestly believe Muhammed rode a flying horse, if yes can you provide us independent empirical substantiation to back up your claim...??
[/b]

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Pr0ton: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by kolajamesjnr(m): 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
How come the pictoral depictions of God (the christian one) looks remarkably like Zeus Let's start from there

cheesycheesy

5 Likes

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by dorox(m): 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
I would really like to hear what madjnr has to say about Uncle Mo's flying horse.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Where are the Muslims? Bookmarking this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
dorox:
I would really like to hear what madjnr has to say about Uncle Mo's flying horse.

He will dance around the question as usual

1 Like

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Annunaki(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
SirWere:
How come the pictoral depictions of God (the christian one) looks remarkably like Zeus Let's start from there

cheesycheesy

There are absolutely no pictorial depictions of God in Christianity. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by ValerianSteel(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oh Jonny you good,very good. wink

Where are our Muslim brothers?I await their response.

The biase mods of this forum will not think about getting this out to the view of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by ValerianSteel(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oh Jonny you good,very good. wink

Where are our Muslim brothers?I await their response.

The biase mods of this section will not think about getting this out to the view of the world.
Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by parisbookaddict(f): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]
Many of us here are very familiar with flying animals in antiquity or animals depicted to possess wings like birds.

The most popular of these stories is the story of Pegasus the flying Horse of Perseus son of the God Zeus in classical Greek antiquity.

we have all seen the movie depictions and many of us here won't deny having fantasized about riding such animal grin that has nothing to show that is not anymore than mere mythological fictional work of antiquity.

We also have the winged bulls of Babylonian mythology and then remarkably one so near is the tale of Muhammed (Founder of Islam) riding similar animal.

I am intrigued at this claim of Muhammed riding something similar to a flying horse named Buraq.

Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me. ... The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight.

Then he [Gabriel] brought the Buraq, handsome-faced and bridled, a tall, white beast, bigger than the donkey but smaller than the mule. He could place his hooves at the farthest boundary of his gaze. He had long ears. Whenever he faced a mountain his hind legs would extend, and whenever he went downhill his front legs

He bucked when Muhammad came to mount him. The angel Jibril (Gabriel ) put his hand on his mane and said: "Are you not ashamed, O Buraq? By Allah , no-one has ridden you in all creation more dear to Allah than he is." Hearing this he was so ashamed that he sweated until he became soaked, and he stood still so that the Prophet mounted him

According to these narratives God through Gabriel gave Muhammed one of his flying horse-like animals to ride to Jerusalem. . And muhammed was the ever first to ride such.

I find it intriguing that the classical story of Perseus which predates muhammed story by thousands of years. God (zeus) also gave Perseus a flying horse named Pegasus and Perseus became the only person to have ridden such.

These two stories quite similar in their claim of flying horse-like animals being ridden, what fascinates me is that people actually believe Muhammed really rode such an animal even though such has never been substantiated to be anymore than fictious mythical construct.

It reveals the dishonesty in Faith... Someone could believe such unsubstantiated outrageous assertion by faith against all reason.

A Muslim would laugh at anyone who asserts Perseus rode a flying horse but Muhammed rode one? then it is true .. "God is great" …lol.. grin..

Imagine the absurdity in such belief. . . If one honestly believe someone rode a flying horse then why cant that person believe Perseus did or the dishonesty in belief stipulates one should cherry pick which myth to believe?

That's why i always say: "If something needs to be believed against reason by faith then there is no reason to believe it at all..."

Our muslim brothers, Do you honestly believe Muhammed rode a flying horse, if yes can you provide us independent empirical substantiation to back up your claim...??
[/b]

how dare you make fun of mohammed and his flying donkey horselike rabbit Bird.

..all u enemies of islam saying the truth about islam are all islamophobes and racists because islam is a race.. no really its a race cos when u hear allahu akbar u run.

Cc empiree demmzy yazach rilwan the op really made some tough allegations here..

5 Likes

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Shollyps(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
wake me up wen a Muslim comment on this thread...sadly... I may not wake up again ..Lol
flying horse?for where?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by oglalasioux(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=johnydon22 post=39417131][b]

[/b]

The Prophet really travelled to heaven via Jerusalem. The bible substantiates this through the ascension of Elijah. Science can also help us understand this feat of the ancients. They shaped their flying machines like animals just as Isaiah described the one he witnessed. We should not see the people of old as backward. We are only beginning to rediscover their great achievements in controlling and enhancing nature.

1 Like

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by johnydon22(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
oglalasioux:
The Prophet really travelled to heaven via Jerusalem. The bible substantiates this through the ascension of Elijah.

So you hope to substantiate one myth with another older one?
This is like saying Perseus story also substantiates muhammed's claim of a flying horse...

Science can also help us understand this
feat of the ancients. They shaped their flying machines like animals just as
Isaiah described the one he witnessed. We should not see the people of old as
backward. We are only beginning to rediscover their great achievements in
controlling and enhancing nature.

So in this vague pseudoscience claim you want to infuse into these fictious claims.

I take it you mean the Flying horse Baruq was not a flying horse or an animal but actually a machanical craft?

This should be interesting...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by onetrack(m): 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
oglalasioux:
The Prophet really travelled to heaven via Jerusalem. The bible substantiates this through the ascension of Elijah. Science can also help us understand this feat of the ancients. They shaped their flying machines like animals just as Isaiah described the one he witnessed. We should not see the people of old as backward. We are only beginning to rediscover their great achievements in controlling and enhancing nature.

This only shows that ancient peoples had vivid imaginations and were good storytellers, which is true of all peoples from around the world. Are the stories from other ancient peoples about gods and superheroes also evidence of the truth of their polytheistic religions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by neocortex: 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
I see many unbelievers fantasizing about the holy Buraq
that muhamed rode.
You all can never have that privilege. grin

To the issue at hand, it is a pattern seen through out history;
many religion compete against each other by copying
the best myth from one another other.
Think about Glo copying MTN's working Strategy.
Hence the flying horse/chariot myths.

Some westernized Muslim apologists will likely claim that the prophet was narrating
a dream but the Mullahs in Madrassah believe the events actually took place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by hahn(m): 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
I have a flying horse. Iyen nko? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
what's with the story @johnnydon22
Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by basilico: 6:48am On Oct 28, 2015
100% of all true Muslims believe that Muhammad mounted buraq and ascended to heaven via al aqsa .
When Romans destroyed the second temple in 70 AD they left the wall built by King Solomon which still stands today.
According to Muslims Muhammad arrived at the temple mount and tied buraq to the western wall.
Today Muslims call that wall Buraq plaza.
Just to show how absurd Islam is, last week the Arabs went to UNESCO begging for Buraq plaza to be formally recognised as a Muslim site. They dropped Buraq but UNESCO approved Rachel's tomb as a Muslim site.
So yes all Muslims believe Muhammad rode Buraq the mythical flying creature to Jerusalem where he tied it to Buraq plaza.
As for tying buraq that's another story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by kevoh(m): 7:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Let me book a space before they mistakenly move it to Islam section, where you can only comment after that silly declaration. tongue

Johnydon22, these guys go put fatwa for your head on this one ooo! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Rilwayne001: 7:47am On Oct 28, 2015
Pointless thread

1 Like

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by dalaman: 8:10am On Oct 28, 2015
You are talking about flying horse when Mohammed divided the moon into two for the whole world to see.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by johnydon22(m): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2015
dalaman:
You are talking about flying horse when Mohammed divided the moon into two for the whole world to see.

Hahahahahahaha people can lie shaa. . . . And people believe such ridiculous stories so mindlessly you wonder where people drop their brains before believing things like this..

But i know what it feels like to hold such absurd belief, its nobody's fault actually its the result of indoctrination and stark unknowing gullibility

after all many of us used to believe A Donkey talked to a man and he didn't find that usual and run like hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by hahn(m): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahaha people can lie shaa. . . . And people believe such ridiculous stories so mindlessly you wonder where people drop their brains before believing things like this..

But i know what it feels like to hold such absurd belief, its nobody's fault actually its the result of indoctrination and stark unknowing gullibility

after all many of us used to believe A Donkey talked to a man and he didn't find that usual and run like hell

My neighbor's dog talked to me this morning.

She said "woof" grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by dalaman: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:

The most annoying part of the whole madness is that you can be killed for openly stating your disbelief in such stories in some parts of the world. If you openly say that you do not believe that Mohammed rode on the back of a horse or that he divided the moon into two and try to falsify the story in places like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, or even in some states in Northern Nigeria there are people that will happily kill you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Annunaki(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2015
dalaman:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by true2god: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

— Muhammad al-Bukhari , Sahih al-Bukhari

[/b]

You are an infidel, how dare you mock\question our beloveth prophet mohammed (shitt be upon him)? In my religion the wholly prophet said, 'there is no compulsion in religion' and he also said 'you have your religion and I have mine'. So why bother yourselve with my religion you kafir.

He flew on a horse to aljannah because you infidels are yet to manugacture aircraft then. Besides he has no need of visa to meet allahh in aljannah. What is your stress?

Our beloveth prophet is in aljannah enjoying his share of clean virgins having serves allahh very well. Whether you infidels like it, or not, you can never stop the spread of my religion around the world, islam is the fastest growing religion. And very soon all human being will be muslims and whoever refuses to accept allahh and his messenger (shitt be upon him), will die or pay the jizya (quran 9:29).

allahu snacks-bar.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Pr0ton: 10:47am On Oct 28, 2015
true2god:
You are an infidel, how dare you mock\question our beloveth prophet mohammed (shitt be upon him)? In my religion the wholly prophet said, 'there is no compulsion in religion' and he also said 'you have your religion and I have mine'. So why bother yourselve with my religion you kafir.

He flew on a horse to aljannah because you infidels are yet to manugacture aircraft then. Besides he has no need of visa to meet allahh in aljannah. What is your stress?

Our beloveth prophet is in aljannah enjoying his share of clean virgins having serves allahh very well. Whether you infidels like it, or not, you can never stop the spread of my religion around the world, islam is the fastest growing religion. And very soon all human being will be muslims and whoever refuses to accept allahh and his messenger (shitt be upon him), will die or pay the jizya (quran 9:29).

allahu snacks-bar.

Common to all religion bigots, they post crap when fraustrated. Get calm and rethink, "do I really believe this or I just feel the need to believe? Why would a God kill others for not worshipping him? In this vast huge universe of what concern are human actions to God? WHY should I believe the prophet? Why has Allah not clearly beyond doubt manifested himself to the world to believe? Why is my belief based on papers?"

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by parisbookaddict(f): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Pointless thread

So u believe mohammed mounted a flying donkey....the muslim brain is one sad thing..remember he was the only withness.. perhaps he was high on hashish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Rilwayne001: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

So u believe mohammed mounted a flying donkey....the muslim brain is one sad thing..remember he was the only withness.. perhaps he was high on hashish

So you believe donkey really talked as according to the bible?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3007809_balaamandtalkingdonkey_jpegc9e7f5a772547edfbaf9bc643d5f1d90

So you believe as according to Judges 9:8 trees went out to
anoint a king?

So you believe Elijah was flown to heaven by a chariot of fire and horses of fire ?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3007822_elijafirychariot_jpeg9db9f20384914022d3d236b3b83c9a6a

In John’s Revelation dream, which is conveyed to be an imminent and realistic future event, he sees crown-wearing locusts with faces of men, grin grin hair of women, teeth of lions,tails of scorpions, and wings sounding like chariots. These locusts also adorn iron breastplates in preparation for battle (9:7-10). Draw your own conclusions.

I assume you've not been reading your bible lately. undecided

Perhaps those anonymous authors of the bible were high on pawpaw leaf..

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Annunaki(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muhammed And The Flying Horse by Weah96: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

So you believe donkey really talked as according to the bible?

So you believe as according to Judges 9:8 trees went out to
anoint a king?

So you believe Elijah was flown to heaven by a chariot of fire and horses of fire ?

In John’s Revelation dream, which is conveyed to be an imminent and realistic future event, he sees crown-wearing locusts with faces of men, grin grin hair of women, teeth of lions,tails of scorpions, and wings sounding like chariots. These locusts also adorn iron breastplates in preparation for battle (9:7-10). Draw your own conclusions.

I assume you've not been reading your bible lately. undecided

Perhaps those anonymous authors of the bible were high on pawpaw leaf..

You funny sha. Those locusts should have been sufficient to warrant an investigation into the author's choice of meal before he slept off. Locusts that look like Michael Jackson in the Thriller video.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Submit Your 2013 Prayer Request To TB Joshua Via Facebook!!! / Driver Preaching On The Steering / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.