Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,893 members, 7,883,124 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest (32120 Views)

CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors / "Made In Aba" Shoes Ready For Export (pics) / External Reserves Drop To $27.85bn As Foreign Investors Repatriate $30.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
maximilian19:
Those guys are to great, imagine SE,SS on their her own, 4yrs, they she will rule West Africa nations the east, i am proud to come from that side, i am proud i rock made in Aba shoe, it far beta dan India, china and dubai shoes, nigeria compit with Brazil shoes.

Proudly 5%

FIXED
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by simpleseyi: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
obum88:

The investors who were conducted round the Leather Cluster of the Ariria International Market, Aba by some aides of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, and officials of the Leather Workers Union, including Lawrence Odoemelem, SSA, Investment Promotions and Elder Emma Ezeala, SSA, Investment Facilitation and Chinedu Nwagu, SSA, Investment Planning and Strategy, showed genuine interest in partnering with the artisans involved in leather works in Aba.

Three SSA on so called investment alone. That means you can buy a textbook on Geo, buy another textbook on Gra and another textbook on Phy . Does anyone wonder why the country is backward? The last governor of Abia state was a disaster, I hope this current one will not sell the state to Cameroonian bunkers.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2015
You may have gotten one with low quality at a cheaper rate
sanbells:
not ignorance. I know what I'm saying
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Ganjafama(m): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2015
Some foo.ls have already turned the thread into a pro-Biafra thread.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Yanks101: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2015
free2ryhme:

FG is the recognized Authority over Nigeria
Then why did you bring up lagos state?
Your FG is incompetent and useless. I have no business with lagos state.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by blesoh(f): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2015
I spent 4k to buy my daughter's shoe which didnt last for 6month,i saw an aba shoe too @ d cost of #600 i was like hmm it wont last,i bought d shoe now my second baby is still using it,aba stuffs re grt just dat we ve sm bad apples there.its cheaper too

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2015
epic!! Also, the structure, architecture and culture of that market should be TRANSFORMED!! Only God knows the potentials of that market

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by SmartMugu: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2015
orunto27:
Very good. Let the materials pass the Nigerian and international accepted standards.
Interesting. What standards do foreign shoes from makers like Gucci, Nike, Versace etc had to pass to get into Nigerian markets? Now, we have a means of taking our products far and beyond and we are talking about international standards. Are any international standards for shoes? Who sets the standards and what are the requirements?

In my opinion, some shoes made in Nigeria are far better than the foreign shoes many Nigerians prefer. The foreigners just take advantage of our slow mentality; "Anything made by blacks is of low standard, anything made by whites is of better standards". Isn't that why some Nigerians would prefer imported toothpicks to locally made ones? "Na oyinbo do am, so it lasts longer and is better". Yeye mentality.

If there are some international standards documented anywhere, I'm sure there are talented folks in Nigeria that will go beyond expectations, some working with their bare hands. At the end of the day, would Nigerians appreciate their work or still remain brainwashed with designs from Gucci etc?

In my opinion, Nigerians believe too much in brand names versus quality and the Brazilian investors think otherwise. They saw the quality in Aba-made shoes, something an average Nigerian would overlook. That's what makes investors richer, find opportunities where people with ready access to it still cant see it.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Smooyis(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Let's encourage them instead of our PHD syndrome.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by free2ryhme: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2015
Yanks101:
Then why did you bring up lagos state?
Your FG is incompetent and useless. I have no business with lagos state.

if you dislike Nigeria so bad and you can post that Anambra is better that lagos, then you are a hypocrite
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Kestolovee95(f): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:
Aba shoes will always be aba shoes. They never last up to two months. Trust me

How will it last for you when dey trek from sokoto to jalingo everyday.
People use shoes for months becos they drive and reduce the wear and of the shoes.Go buy car or ladies machine.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by xbernardx(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
The higbos are very intelligent and industrious, sense na him no plenty, it is just the greedy, selfish and egocentrically Adamic nature of man that has spoilt their chances, else Ibo/Aba made products should be used world wide and not nation wide.

Father give them sense to realise that Biafra will only give them more casualties, Let them bring all the small sense they have let is move Naija Forward
IJN........

Nice one, it is not unusual to hear this, well try

#NaijaIsOne

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by gpmorgan: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
if this made by raw equipment s could last for 2month of ur constant usage then it lasted

Guy Aba Shoes has grade. depend on the grade your money can afford then. some of the shoes u bought thinking it is Italian shoe is originally made in Aba.

so be wise, Aba will produce shoes according to ur pocket, don't blame them if you bought N1000 shoes and believing it will last you for ten years.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Yanks101: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Some of these people downgrading aba products are like those backward africans insulting chinese products.
Chinese basically became a superpower on the back of african economies, while the rest of africans are there lazying about.
They called chinese products all kinds of derogatory names, while they themselves can't produce a pin.
Chinkos are already manufacturing cruise missiles and satellites in just 20 years.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Yanks101: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Judeblade24(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Good.....let nigerians shw dem dat we are nt knwn 4 terrorism,but blessed wit differnt skills......God bless nigeria

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by free2ryhme: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Yanks101:
Lagos state is not Nigeria. I admire the IGR lagos generates and i know anambra can do better.
Lagos state would be better off on its own rather than be tettered to a failed state.

Which failed state do you refer to?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Yanks101: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2015
free2ryhme:

Which failed state do you refer to?
Please don't disturb my mention again.
Thank you.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by godwin120alex: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2015
May God bless d words of their hands and let d needed facilities be made availiable both in Shoe and cloth making
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Boss13: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2015
DikeOha882:
Ignorance at its peak

You dey mind am
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Chibabe1(f): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2015
My people are skillful
Aba kwenu!!! Ibo kwenu ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Boss13: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Good news for Aba shoe makers, but bad news for our never do well government. Our never do well government will never provide incentives or small scale loans for these resourceful individuals. Now these shoe makers will be flown to Brazil and these shoes will be imported to Nigeria and sold at exorbitant prices

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Chibabe1(f): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2015
gpmorgan:

Guy Aba Shoes has grade. depend on the grade your money can afford then. some of the shoes u bought thinking it is Italian shoe is originally made in Aba.

so be wise, Aba will produce shoes according to ur pocket, don't blame them if you bought N1000 shoes and believing it will last you for ten years.

Talk it loud mehn!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:
Aba shoes will always be aba shoes. They never last up to two months. Trust me

Stewpidity is When you buy roadside made shoe for 250 naira and want it to last for 5 years
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by justmenoni: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Na dat one u see...d one wey me I even see name three SSA's for almost the same portfolio ..

quote author=Blizzy9ja post=39470724]Nice one... Those guys are really good

Too many typo errors in the report[/quote]
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by clevadani: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Amazing news. This is a multi billion dollar industry.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by ODUBEZE: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Way to go! Its about time.
Kudos to U guys. Proudly made in Nigeria product will soon flood the global market.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by ODUBEZE: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2015
xbernardx:
The higbos are very intelligent and industrious, sense na him no plenty, it is just the greedy, selfish and egocentrically Adamic nature of man that has spoilt their chances, else Ibo/Aba made products should be used world wide and not nation wide.

Father give them sense to realise that Biafra will only give them more casualties, Let them bring all the small sense they have let is move Naija Forward
IJN........

Nice one, it is not unusual to hear this, well try

#NaijaIsOne
I know that you will be smiling with yourself now. Very proud of yourself. For your mind you don make sense!
smh!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 29, 2015
cyberdurable:
BiafraLand!!!! For fools thinking we want Oyel... We ve gat talents and Brains...
Must you be like this...
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by free2ryhme: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2015
Yanks101:
Please don't disturb my mention again.
Thank you.

Eeyah, hypocrite grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by datigbogirl: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Chest beaters.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2015
400billionman:
Give South East a Wharf...

Akwa Ibom should construct a deep sea wharf..

Not International stadium and other frivolities..
That is the main thing Bro, Lagos port is far and congested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joseph Makoju Is Dead / Man Exchanges ₦‎300 Detergent For Food Worth ₦‎300 Over Naira Scarcity / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.