Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,747 members, 7,941,836 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest (32186 Views)

CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors / "Made In Aba" Shoes Ready For Export (pics) / External Reserves Drop To $27.85bn As Foreign Investors Repatriate $30.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by basilo101: 11:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Aba textile has gone global long ago. ppl come from far and wide to sow cloths in Aba

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Enemy of progress.Don't forget that they only make do with what they can afford,that means if empowered with better materials,the sky will surely be their starting point.Fool.
sanbells:
Aba shoes will always be aba shoes. They never last up to two months. Trust me
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by sanbells(f): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
mykel231:
Enemy of progress.Don't forget that they only make do with what they can afford,that means if empowered with better materials,the sky will surely be their starting point.Fool.
so it's now a crime to post my own observation here . Tell me what I did wrong that would warrant you to call me a fool. I never insulted anybody when I posted my opinion in this thread. Please be careful about using abusive words on people you've never seen . I'd really be a fool if I go on with the abusive words on you buh I'm not
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Sakaslim(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
condralbede:
It depends on d quality u bought,just like China product, I hv this Aba shoe that I hv used for d past 3years.

Bros nah true you talk..when I was serving in Aba I bought quality shoes home..I still dey wear some till date
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
basilo101:

its the system in zoo that corrupt ppl, nobody has corruption in his/her gene.
So biafra would be a corrupt free nation....My brother, lets tell ourselves the truth.. The same thing we are experiencing today would continue.....

Quote me if that day comes...
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Sammyblaq(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
sanbells:
Aba shoes will always be aba shoes. They never last up to two months. Trust me
Am not countering you... but try loosing out the sole of the ZAracotti shoe u bought last time, u will see an inscription "Mekus". #Cheers.

Mind me not
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by dfav: 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
I think if not for the wickedness of the majority Northern led Nigerian govt. since 1967 because of the the civil war and religion.

The SE would have been the Manufacturing engine room of Africa.

To those of you that are saying fake.

how did Japan; Taiwan & the today manufacturing factory of the world China started.

Japan started as the copy-cat or fake/cheap goods of the US immediately after WWii
Taiwan was the copy-cat or fake/cheap goods of Japan
China & South-Korea were the copy-cat or fake/cheap goods of Taiwan

So lets leave tribalism; religion or regional sentiments aside and support those manufacturers in Aba; Nnewei; Onitsha etc.

U see God has gifted us differently; its jst tribalism; religion or regional sentiments that are making us think myopic ways.

The South East can become the Manufacturing base of the Nigeria economy while
The South West (esp. Lagos) can become the Financial hobs that finance the SE factories while
The South South can become the energy provider; supplying all the regions with the fuel & energies needed to run
The North/Middle will responsible for the food that all the regions will feed on.

and u will see that this great country will explode in economic prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by condralbede(m): 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sakaslim:

Bros nah true you talk..when I was serving in Aba I bought quality shoes home..I still dey wear some till date
Honestly man,if u get d correct one,they don't disappoint!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Neplusultra(f): 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
cyberdurable:

Same way ewedu embarrassed me the 1st day I ate it... My belle run sotey lipsrsealed
Hahahaha!!!! Yeepaa!!!! shocked
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Neplusultra(f): 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
ChappyChase:
Aba boys making cool money with their "fake" shoes<<<that's the kin of news that comes from a region with wining mentality! But as for my yoruba cowards,this is what they can export>>>>>
Yoruba juju religion gain global recognition as foreigners starts practicing it!!!
Proudly 5%..
Lolz!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by xbernardx(m): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
lol, am happy 4u, so you know say e make sense undecided

ODUBEZE:

I know that you will be smiling with yourself now. Very proud of yourself. For your mind you don make sense!
smh!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by cyberdurable(m): 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Neplusultra:
Hahahaha!!!! Yeepaa!!!! shocked
cool u think say na lie?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Jig5aw(f): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fairly used Manual plantain chips sealer for sale. Price negotiable . Plz Contact 09081135698
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by NaijainTexas: 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

Interesting. What standards do foreign shoes from makers like Gucci, Nike, Versace etc had to pass to get into Nigerian markets? Now, we have a means of taking our products far and beyond and we are talking about international standards. Are any international standards for shoes? Who sets the standards and what are the requirements?

In my opinion, some shoes made in Nigeria are far better than the foreign shoes many Nigerians prefer. The foreigners just take advantage of our slow mentality; "Anything made by blacks is of low standard, anything made by whites is of better standards". Isn't that why some Nigerians would prefer imported toothpicks to locally made ones? "Na oyinbo do am, so it lasts longer and is better". Yeye mentality.

If there are some international standards documented anywhere, I'm sure there are talented folks in Nigeria that will go beyond expectations, some working with their bare hands. At the end of the day, would Nigerians appreciate their work or still remain brainwashed with designs from Gucci etc?

In my opinion, Nigerians believe too much in brand names versus quality and the Brazilian investors think otherwise. They saw the quality in Aba-made shoes, something an average Nigerian would overlook. That's what makes investors richer, find opportunities where people with ready access to it still cant see it.

Truer words haven't been spoken. Applaud for you my friend.

Myself I travel to and from the US to Naija and there are a lot of things I would rather get created in my native country. I will tell you it is so sad we have that mentality that things made in the US or in the West are of higher quality, and even people in America know it is not.

A lot of Americans laugh at some American quality products, I think it's high time we big up our own Nigerian wares. These international investors are interested for a damn reason and if we value our wares more, THEY will too and they will PAY what we demand.

I am proud of Aba, I am keeping my eyes on Abia State. smiley ...all the way from Texas.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by orunto27: 10:43am On Oct 30, 2015
There's British Standards for every product coming in and out of Britain . Ditto forU.S., EU, Russia , Nigeria etc and Nigerian shoes must comply. Otherwise, Nigeria will waste money on "Rejected Products".
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by Omeny: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Very Good one!
But our pple keep condemning this guys and anything Aba made!
Why are spoiling our own! Who will brand them for us? Oyibo man?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by jorel1(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2016
Foriegn investors from Niger and chad, you mean?? Or from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh?? Try to be specific please
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by awule: 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
Made-in-Nigeria Quality Footwears
Bulk Buyers/Resellers Wanted in Nigeria and Africa
Buy Nigeria to Grow Nigeria!
Bethelmendels Int’l Ltd, is proud to introduce B-first brand of made-in- Nigeria quality footwears to Nigerians, Africans and the rest of the world. Yes, who says nothing good can come out of Nigeria? We are here to prove you wrong! The quality of our footwear is comparable to those produced in Europe and America. With our ultra-Modern factory located in the industrial hub of Lagos, we are set to revolutionize the comatose footwear industry in Nigeria.
Right now we have already launched into the Nigerian market, three designs that enjoying widespread market acceptance and demand. And more designs are in the pipeline. Our dream is to dominate the Nigeria footwear market with multifarious footwear types and designs. This is aimed at discouraging the incessant importation of low quality footwear from Asia countries into the Nigerian market, and by extension growing the footwear industry.
Check our current design models, sizes and packing:
Model 1: Kids Leather Footwear ( used as Casual & school shoes)
Size: 9(29) 11(31), 12(32), 13(33), 1(34)
PACKING: 24PCS/CARTON
MODEL 2: SNEAKERS
SIZE: 2(36), 3(37), 4(38), 5(39), 6(40), 7(41), 8(42), 9(43), 10(44), 11(45)
PACKING: 24PCS/CARTON
MODEL 3: ( HAWK BOOT FOOTWEARS)
SIZE: 4(38), 5(39), 6(40), 7(41), 8(42), 9(43), 10(44), 11(45)
PACKING: 12PCS/CARTON
WHY YOU NEED TO BUY BULK MADE IN NIGERIA FOOTWEARS FROM US
1. We sell quality Made-in-Nigeria footwears comparable to Europe and America standard
2. Our footwears designs are classic and durable
3. You enjoy fantastic bulk price discount
4. When you buy our Made-Nigeria-Footwear, you would help in growing the Nigeria economy
5. We offer nationwide delivery, saving you the cost and stress incurred in the purchasing process.
6. Our quality Made in Nigeria shoes are ideal for export business.
To Buy in Bulk as a Reseller
Call/whatsapp: Call/whatsapp: 08036911296, 08180065490, 07065804088, 08087656176
This opportunity is for market shoe dealers, boutique owners, Online Fashion & Footwears stores, online marketers, start-up entrepreneurs
Office Address: 27, Atinuke Olabanji Str. Off Awolowo Way, by Balogun b/stop. Ikeja-Lagos

Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by smscruize(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Buy your Fast, cheap, and affordable bulk sms as low as 80kobo. Schedule delivery enabled, instant delivery Guaranteed and no hidden charges.
To get started, click the link:

www.smscruize.com

info@smscruize.com
Re: Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest by greenglobestore(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2018
indigenous craft should be celebrated .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Plan / Joseph Makoju Is Dead / "Still A Mummy’s Boy" - Femi Otedola Says As He Visits His Mum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.