Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Emenike Apologises Over Decision To Quit Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Apologises Over Decision To Quit Super Eagles (449 Views)

Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever / Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row / More Players To Quit Super Eagle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Apologises Over Decision To Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 29, 2015
Emmanuel Emenike has apologised to Nigeria fans following his shock retirement from international football.
Emenike quit the Super Eagles after five years of service and the Al Ain striker said it was the right decision for him and has called on the fans to accept it.
“I am aware that my fans and some Eagles fans as well as some football stakeholders are not happy with my decision to quit international football, I am really sorry to have shocked the fans, but it was a right decision. I wanted to do it long ago but I thought things could change,” Emenike stated.
“I owe my fans and Eagles supporter a very huge apology. I might have hurt them due to my decision to quit, but the Super Eagles is bigger than anybody and it’s all about coming and going, so I am happy to take the bow now.”
“As human, we are bound to hurt each other in different ways, my decision might not be right to many people but the few who know me will understand why I did it.”
He added: “Ever since my debut for Eagles, I played with my heart, I fought hard because I love the badge, I love the country and I love the fans.
“I am not a selfish player, I know what it means to represent my country and I can categorically say it that it was a pleasure for me to sing the national anthem and be proud of the colours.
“I laughed when people talk I was disrespectful because I quit. I have plan for myself as a Super Eagles player, I have seen what happened to the past heroes. Did they announce their retirement or they were controversially forced out? Maybe 10 out of hundreds.
“So, I am really apologising to the fans because they make the Super Eagles team to be interesting for players.”
The Fenerbahce of Turkey loanee admitted the fans criticisms made him a better player.
“Super Eagles fans are patriotic and they are different from critics and hypocrites,” he said.
“The fans criticised us to lift our game, it helped me. I experienced that before 2013 Nations Cup, I was badly criticised but yet the fans still mobbed me everywhere when I delivered as they expected.
“The fans really motivated and gingered me to up my game in South Africa at AFCON 2013 because I was determined to shed blood and make them happy with me for once. And I think I achieved that after I scored my first goal at the Nations Cup.
“I was emotional when I saw a banner in the crowd in South Africa with the fans backing me to get the goals. I am really grateful for their support and I equally felt bad to have gone through such goal drought in the team. I am really sorry!
Source : https://www.today.ng/sport/29526/emenike-apologises-over-decision-to-quit-super-eagles
Re: Emenike Apologises Over Decision To Quit Super Eagles by undercurrent(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2015
We don hear.
Hope mumu NFF wont go and beg him to come back o.
Re: Emenike Apologises Over Decision To Quit Super Eagles by feldido(m): 7:25am On Oct 29, 2015
Good decision

(1) (Reply)

That Moment You Decide To Change Your Password To "Chelsea Defence" / Help! I Want To Start A Sports Website And Media Firm. / Did Mourinho Sleep At All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.