Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,122 members, 7,890,739 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:13 PM

Church Business (selling The Gospel)- Marketing,investment And Diversification - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Business (selling The Gospel)- Marketing,investment And Diversification (897 Views)

Shocking!!!!end Time Church Business (see Photo) / Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed / Church Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church Business (selling The Gospel)- Marketing,investment And Diversification by tudor(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2009
I am a frequent television watche and occassionally i come across church t.v programs,what puzzles me is the way in which churches market their products,just like businesses.for example i was watching pastor chris teaching only for them to break and advertise his books, 'power packed dvd series' and devotionals.now the most shocking part is when i saw pastor chris singing 'amazing grace' and i was told to buy the dvd containing hyms by chris and it's ''guaranteed to give me the miracle atmosphere i've always wanted''-i mean,why would i spend my hard earned money on popular hyms sung by pastor chris when i can sing them my damn self! As for the books and devotional why are they not given free? A large percentage of nigerians live below the povety line and yet they're expected to buy books,dvd's and devotionals.these people can barely look after themselves and families,thats why they come looking for divine intervention in the first place.
Talking about investment and diversification,churches have now been known to invest in secondary and tertiary institutions,e.g covenant univ,redeemers,madonna and others.I myself being a product of one of those schools know how much we paid as school fees,and by no means was it chicken change! The glaring question here is;why can't the average nigerian afford these fees? Severally when in school,students who can't pay their fees are sent home! The church should be an institution that caters for the low people in society.even jesus said it himself that he came for the poor and downthroden.
Jesus christ afterall said go into the world and PREACH the gospel not SELL.If people want to get acces to spiritual teachings it should be FREE.Afterall the so called 'god' didn't reveal the secrets to them after collecting payment.people shld not be oblidged to pay for spiritual materials rather they should be allowed to give something to support the work on their on will.isn't it god who said he'll provide all d needs?why dupe members and oppress the poor?
The end product of this is people like oyedepo becoming super rich,living in mansions and buying private jets ostensibly to spread the gospel over the world-are you the only messenger of god? Where you're flying to doesn't god have people there? Haba!
Re: Church Business (selling The Gospel)- Marketing,investment And Diversification by odedele: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2009
the church has become abig conglomerate.

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Surrender…receive Support From Prophet Tb Joshua / The Beauty Of The Bible: Romans 12, Pls. Read / What Is The Name Of The Holyghost/spirit??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.