Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,709 members, 7,882,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours (8675 Views)

Top Five Underrated Nigerian Rappers. / Blogger Replies Trace Urban, Mocks Loyal Nigerian Artistes. / Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by freelance(m): 9:14pm On May 07, 2009
There some artistes in Nigeria with huge potentials but are quite under-rated now due to one reason or the other.

Share such artistes here wink

For now I think C-mion is quite underrated. cheesy

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 07, 2009
Under-related Nigerian Artistes

under-related ke??
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by kayc33(m): 1:53am On May 08, 2009
c-mion
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by las240s(m): 2:08am On May 08, 2009
z don is equally facing the same challenge
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by dammiecool(m): 8:21am On May 08, 2009
some people re here to find fault, its obvious d guy made a mistake.
@post
c-mion
oriri
sanchez
zdon paporela
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by baslone: 4:36pm On May 08, 2009
W-4

Black-Tribe
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 08, 2009
dammiecool:

some people re here to find fault, its obvious d guy made a mistake.
@post
c-mion
oriri
sanchez
zdon paporela
Or maybe they are just here to alert people to their mistakes. Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by WarfyBoy(m): 1:37am On May 09, 2009
Segun Agbede
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by WarfyBoy(m): 1:40am On May 09, 2009
D'Banj

Dare Art Alade

King Sunny Ade

Sasha

Tuface

9ice

i will kom back for me,
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by babasmallz(m): 1:48am On May 09, 2009
jesse jagz n ice prince
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by las240s(m): 2:06am On May 09, 2009
@wafy boy u have proven to be really a waffarian D BANJ and 9ICE even dare art alade?abi becos DARE album title na UNDAREYTED lol,
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by HohDee(m): 4:57am On May 09, 2009
Guitar man---tht poor boy is full of talent, bt can't rily poin out wuts da prob.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by owolomo(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2009
UNDERRATED ARTIST, likes of FAZE, IKECHUKWU(dude lyrics and energy is by far better than NAETO C but yet naeto c is bigger, pure nonsense) and AFRICAN KINGS(well dont knw if i should say they underrated cause they r still up and coming but peeps NEED to pay close attention to them, Them go surprise us all), all for now i go cum bac layra for more cool
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by audio: 12:02pm On May 09, 2009
Hoh-Dee:

Guitar man---tht poor boy is full of talent, bt can't rily poin out wuts da prob.

His problem is his label. He needs to leave there fast
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by benheart(f): 12:08pm On May 09, 2009
@Hoh-Dee
GT_Guitar man is good, de guy is very good but i dont really know why his is not well recognized, ASA is good too.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Redman44(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2009
GT - Guitar Man is good. His problem is that he is not being promoted properly by his Label. I have heard some of his songs and they are very deep and philosophical. He is a conscious artist rather than a commercial performer. If Guitar Man can hook up with Cobhams Asuquo [ Asa's Producer ], he is going to touch the skies soon. Cobhams has a way of transforming gifted but unappreciated artists into global brands. Guitar Man also needs to conduct some research into traditional music forms and merge them with his brand of music. I will conduct more research about Guitar Man today.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 09, 2009
Redman44:

GT - Guitar Man is good. His problem is that he is not being promoted properly by his Label. I have heard some of his songs and they are very deep and philosophical. He is a conscious artist rather than a commercial performer. If Guitar Man can hook up with Cobhams Asuquo [ Asa's Producer ], he is going to touch the skies soon. Cobhams has a way of transforming gifted but unappreciated artists into global brands. Guitar Man also needs to conduct some research into traditional music forms and merge them with his brand of music. I will conduct more research about Guitar Man today.

I agree with you.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by nodullin(m): 3:15pm On May 09, 2009
W4 is under rated, The likes of O.D and terry d rapman, Those guys gat mad skillz, But i dont knw wats holdin thier shine,
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by princesa(f): 3:22pm On May 09, 2009
las240s:

@wafy boy u have proven to be really a waffarian D BANJ and 9ICE even dare art alade?abi becos DARE album title na UNDAREYTED lol,
the guy obviously think backwards

Redman44:

how many artiste has he sky rocked
you dint think of a better label for him undecided
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Redman44(m): 4:05pm On May 09, 2009
I have heard Terry Da Rapman before. The guy is okay but he does not have the mad skills that make artists stand out. When you see a solid performer, you will recognize his or her skills immediately. I make bold to say many Nigerian artists are not really that good. Guitar Man is an exception. This guy is good. The raw talent is there. He only needs to work harder and hook up with a gifted producer.

I did some research on GT and here are the results: Gbemiro Olaolu Oluwatokunbo Akigbogun was born in East Dulwich, London, UK in 1984. He spent some years in England before leaving for Nigeria. His hometown is Obafemi-Owode, Ogun State, Nigeria. He had his secondary education at Mayflower School, Ikenne and he's currently studying Economics at the Lagos State University [ LASU ]. He got signed to Storm Records in 2005 after the CEO of the Record Company, Obi Asika, heard him sing. Check out his song video '' Truly' on Youtube.

Artists face a lot of problems and hurdles before becoming stars. Coolio and Busta Rhymes were not respected for many years, even though they were champions in the underground rap scene. It was when the duo came came out with solid songs after working hard in the studios that they became international stars. We should not forget that there is also a lot of politics going on in the music industry.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On May 09, 2009
Warfy Boy:

Segun Agbede
'Yeah, this guy has a nice voice but have not gotten the recognition he truly deserves.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by wanville(m): 5:04pm On May 09, 2009
smiley
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by asha80(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2009
Nnenna(mayba because she has not yet released her album)

Dagrin

kaha

I wonder why people are naming asa here.She is not underated.
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by dawhizkid1(m): 5:45pm On May 09, 2009
i think Jeremiah Gyang is d#mn underated, Morell too.
Sound Sultan deserves more than he's getting now, i think Blackface [/b]suffer same feat.

All our [b]underground Rap acts
r underated badaly. i 4got to name Niyola and Soty
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 09, 2009
The problem is too many competitors.

Talent Yapa!! cheesy

You have to FIGHT to the TOP,  Na die!!   grin
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by freelance(m): 6:05pm On May 09, 2009
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnBJZTTVw3Y

[/flash]

This song by C-mion is just too tight. He is so under-rated angry
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by freelance(m): 6:06pm On May 09, 2009
faakay:

The problem is too many competitors.

Talent Yapa!! cheesy

You have to FIGHT to the TOP, Na die!! grin

Maybe that was why 9ice said Talent dey waste before he blew up grin
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by kstrika(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2009
underrated Nigerian writers,
there are,,,,,,in fact let live like
kenny strika

Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 09, 2009
freelance:

Maybe that was why 9ice said Talent dey waste before he blew up  grin

YES NOW,

TALENT DEY WASTE ft,  AJASA,    grin

Before you can BLOW UP,  You need a SOLID HIT TRACK the both YOUNG, ADULT will FEEL when dey Listen to the Music,
grin
Also a dance able track,  Mad BeaT, 

Without this,  OMO TO GET TO THE TOP NA WAR!!!

E.g. 9ice,  when he sang. Little Money! WHO KNOW AM? Only guys that are into music, then he was underrated. But take a look @ GONGO ASO! His Life was transformed with that ALBUM. Cos the Album make sense Gan.

Same as DBANJ,  Why Me,  Blew him UP to the TOP gan gan! with WHY ME,  Him GRAB MTV BASE AWARD!!  Cos even pastors now use WHY ME to preach ,  WHY ME Oh Lord   grin
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by slimfine(f): 6:31pm On May 09, 2009
2face is overrated! angry
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by lalaboi(m): 6:33pm On May 09, 2009
slimfine:

2face is overrated! angry

Topic says underrated. . , undecided
Re: Underrated Nigerian Artistes. . .Name yours by dyabman(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2009
O.D - Over Dose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apala - Oluwe Mawe / Have You Noticed This "growing" Effect On Wizkid's Album? / Bestwap MP3 Songs | Mobile Videos | Movies | Application | Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.