Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,929 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:12 AM

Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May (8096 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning this?

Arsenal: 39% (15 votes)
Chelsea: 50% (19 votes)
Draw: 10% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 10th May 2015 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On May 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Cristalz(f): 10:51pm On May 07, 2009
These two are not in serious contention for the league trophy this season, but it's no reason not to fight.

Arsenal left-back Gaël Clichy has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a back injury. The French defender has been on the sidelines for several weeks, but his absence is not a massive blow for the Gunners as they have already sealed Champions League football for next season.  Kieran Gibbs will continue to deputise, with the Frenchman targeting the new season to gain full fitness.  .  .after the huge defeat at the hands of Manchester United in the UCL, one can't help but wonder how well Gibbs and his fellow defenders will handle Drogba, Anelka, and co, especially since the Blues are still smarting over the loss to Barcelona.
 Going by the Gunners' UCL display, it's not likely that they beat Chelsea, but Arshavin will be on the team this time, so there might be a difference. And, Manuel Almunia has been rather good at his job, so they just might keep from conceding if his defense isn't too shaky.
Arsenal need to restore the fans' confidence in them again, so Arsene needs to get this one right at least. Cesc needs to get his deep MF mojo back and co-ordinate well with the rest of his teammates, else Chelsea's MF will roll over them and result in a total Blue domination of the game.

Chelsea are still bitter about the UCL loss to Barcelona and it's unfortunate for Arsenal that they are the immediate team the anger and frustration will be vented on. cheesy
 Chelsea will likely be eager to prove that their loss to Barca was mostly the fault of poor officiating from Ref Ovrebo, so they should come to the Emirates with the aim of tearing wide holes in Almunia's net in mind. Hopes of winning the league trophy may not be so over for Chelsea as they are only 3 points behind 2nd place Liverpool.  .  .if Liverpool slip and Chelsea win, they could come level. That's not very likely though.
Also not likely that Hiddink will make any changes to the team.  .  .he rarely makes radical changes unless absolutely necessary, so we should see the same names. Formation is a different thing though, might stay 4-4-2 or something different.
 Arsenal have always been good at taking points off Chelsea due to their speed and flexibility as opposed to Chelsea's more mechanical style of play. However, after the stunning goal we saw from Michael Essien on Wednesday night, and the number of chances created by Chelsea, anything is possible.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by switch47(m): 6:17am On May 08, 2009
ARSENAL ALL THE WAY !!

As for the league title Chelsea is hopeless.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by FBS: 7:49am On May 08, 2009
UCL 3rd place match? wink
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by bongoman(m): 12:37pm On May 08, 2009
embarassed Arsenal BEWARE! These Chelsea team are great and powerful! Guus Hindink is fantastic and tactical! Am sori that to u it is appointed that the venomous wrath of the wounded Chelsea should be poured!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by mukina2: 12:46pm On May 08, 2009
Cristalz:

These two are not in serious contention for the league trophy this season, but it's no reason not to fight.
angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Tmoni(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2009
This is the match for Third Place in Europe,

Who knows, UEFA might give beans to the winner, cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by switch47(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2009
arsenal all the way!! at emirate ASSASIN/ASHAVIN MUST SCORE!!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Mastiano(m): 2:03pm On May 08, 2009
My name is Frank Mastiano, i'm a Chelsea fan. I believe that the match will be played like a UEFA champions league third place match. And i also believe Chelsea will win. Come onnnnnnnnnn THE BLUES
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by ogazi007(m): 2:26pm On May 08, 2009
Arsenal is my young brother and blood is thicker than water.
arsenal will disgrace chelsea on sunday,and u all should watch out for 7 star barca,we could also wrap up laliga on the same day.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by eyonigger(m): 2:33pm On May 08, 2009
The blues are capable of beating the gunners, but am sorry to say, Arshavin is just another Iniesta, that guy will ruin Chelsea. This is the same guy that will win the CL for arsenal next season.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 08, 2009
Two teams out to prove a point.
Well, Chelsea must take it out on Arsenal.

VERDICT - 2 nil in favour of CFC
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by mukina2: 4:55pm On May 08, 2009
and you will lose badly cheesy

The last minute defeat  hurts grin grin grin

Eyonigger
thanks wink
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by khanye(m): 5:28pm On May 08, 2009
Battle of losers wink
One is gunning another DOWN!
Up Gunnarz
Up Arsha!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Mastiano(m): 5:45pm On May 08, 2009
Come onnnn, bluediva, u are really the kind of people that are surpose to be exiting on planet earth. Chelsea will trash Arsenal and that's 4 real
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by mykali(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2009
A tough match. the two teams will want to vent their anger at each other. its likely Chelsea will do a revenge of what Arsenal did at SB. or like Liverpool, Arsenal will be the other team who do the league double on Chelsea.

but if Drogba plays . . .its going to be a nightmare for whoever is at the heart of the gooners defense.

I'm sure the African bloke has gone to extra-fortify his [i]juju [/i]and is planning to make Arsenal pay for the injustices he received at the UCL.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by switch47(m): 7:02am On May 09, 2009
ARSENAL ARE NOT GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME!! THEY ARE GOING TO COME AT CHELSEA LIKE BARCELONA DID!! ARSENAL SHOULD GET THE WIN HERE!!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Krayola(m): 9:09am On May 09, 2009
Look out for the chelsea tour bus somewhere around the Arsenal goal.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by tocdee(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2009
Hey this is way out of topic but I wonder if you guys have seen these videos;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhQZNHcxmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXt5l4FQef0&feature=related
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by Goldman08: 12:43pm On May 09, 2009
All i know is dat the Gunners will be shooting down the blues tomorrow, Up Gunners,Up Assassin,
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by mrofficial(m): 2:18pm On May 09, 2009
Why are these Arsenal fans blathering? Durella is an Arsenal fan. and he knows that mouth does not make it. its going to be a 90mins game. Manchester thrashed Arsenal 1 - 3 in UCL second leg semifinals at Emirates. Blue is the colour! Football is the game! We'll see. Enu o se mi ohhh.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by switch47(m): 2:38pm On May 09, 2009
Arsenal is a lovely team, playing some good soccer appealing to the eyes and brain, not some rough, nagative soccer. Arsenal all the way!!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by dominique(f): 3:16pm On May 09, 2009
We did it at the bridge this season and we're most def doing again it at The EMIRATES!!! ARSENAL WINS!!!!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by babs787(m): 3:51pm On May 09, 2009
I wouldnt know whats the fuss is all about. Its more or less playing third place and Arshavin would be a boost for us. So I dont see Sepe winning the match but that Adebayor could be useless. I wish they could sell him and and buy agressive striker. We are going to be playing with no strikers cos Ade, Bendtner are no striers at all.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by mrofficial(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2009
You're talking about scolari's chelsea. What happened to Arsenal at Wembley FA Cup semifinal?  Make una stop to dey make mouth oooo! Enu o se!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by 08064753382: 4:07pm On May 09, 2009
Stil surprise 2 c some arsnal fans in d house afta manu embrassed u 3-0 n UCL in same emirate chelsea wil vent its anger on U 2mrow.High time u get 2 kno arsnal doesnt fill 4 there fans.They only play 2 mek money.We wil damage arsnal 2mrw 2-0&utd wil final destroy dem nxt wk3-0.Blues 4 life
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by LloydIy(m): 5:21pm On May 09, 2009
Arsenal & Chelsea are both hurting, I don't think y'all should be talking revenge. But I've to give it to Arsenal
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by switch47(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2009
chelsea fc is dead. arsenal rocks!! nice people!!
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by rasputinn(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2009
Head-to-head,Arsenal is light years ahead of chelski,trophys won;Arsenal is a zillion years ahead of chavski
It's only an ignorant person that would argue otherwise
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by rasputinn(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2009
switch47:

chelsea fc is dead. arsenal rocks!! nice people!!
God bless you man for being so consistent.You're predictions about the doom of chelski are gradually coming to pass and they are there blaming Ovrebo,by the end of May dem go blame efrebo
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by allboyz(m): 7:18pm On May 09, 2009
Chelsea fans in Uk don't talk when Arsenal Fans are talking . . its ONLY in NIG here that its otherwise

we are not mate at all.

Gunners 1800 wink tongue
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by FBS: 7:24pm On May 09, 2009
allboyz:

Chelsea fans in Uk don't talk when Arsenal Fans are talking . . its ONLY in NIG here that its otherwise

we are not mate at all.

Gunners 1800 wink tongue
are you high on a smoke pipe or what?  grin The Arses with no single trophy is almost 5 years. Pathetic.
We, Chelsea are the pride of London.
Re: Arsenal(1) Vs Chelsea(4) On Sunday 10th May by allboyz(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2009
FBS:

are you high on a smoke pipe or what? grin The Arses with no single trophy is almost 5 years. Pathetic.
We, Chelsea are the pride of London.

Bro - are you high? or are you sharing weeds with Terry G? Chelsea ba wo? Omo wa le je

we are not mate . . .forget the 5 season shyte . . .we aren't mate at all. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach / 2013 FIFA Ballon D'or On Monday, 13th January 2014 / Manchester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On Tuesday 3rd January 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.