Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,129 members, 7,933,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:36 PM

United We Stand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United We Stand (511 Views)

Biafra: We Stand With One Nigeria – Southern Senators’ Forum / War Crime: We Stand By Our Report - Amnesty International / NDIGBO UNITY THREAD... Ndigbo United We Stand, Divided We Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

United We Stand by mioltai(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2015
Nairaland is a forum that has brought nigerian youths of this younger generation together.We have been able to connect and help ourselves through this forum.people have gotten business ideas,jobs,sound advice,profits on product sales etc.I am always glad wen a nairalander comes here to give good news about getting a job,a scholarship or a business opportunity through this forum.But i will like to advise each an everyone of us to please refrain from ethnocentrism and tribal bigotry.it really pains me when i open some threads and see some of us launching e-wars and using a lot of hate messages that make those used during the nazi era look like childs play.Words are powerful and people can be easily influenced by what these e warriors type.a lot of guests here are little children and some in their early teens who can be easily influenced by what these e-warriors type for fun in the name of massaging their ego.they are actively dividing and destroying this country at a time when we youths irrespective of our tribes should work together to build this nation and prevent the next generation from going through the hardships we passed through during childhood.Nigeria is not the only multilingual country in the world.there are other multilingual countries that have had their own fair share of civil wars.but these countries rose from their ashes and are now world powers.Why cant we embrace our diversities and live as one.I feel disheartened whenever a thread about the apprehension of criminals and drug traffickers is opened and all the members of this forum is intrested is are the names and the ethnicity of the culprits in order to start an e-war or or when a nigerian gets honoured or recognized for an admirable act in this country or abroad,all we do is judge everything based on ethnicity.why cant we collectively rebuke or praise people without an ethnic undertone.

1 Like

Re: United We Stand by mioltai(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2015
We keep letting our corrupt leaders take advantage of us because they knw that when they touch our soft underbelly i.e tribal bigotry,we can be manipulated to fulfill their wishes and what have we gotten in return from these people,nothing.they have mortgaged our future and rdeuced us to nothing.I yearn for a generation that would collectively put these leaders away irrespective of their tribal affiliations.We need to reorientate ourselves and join hands as youths to make this country great again.these politicians are playing us against each other and we are too blind to see it all in the name of tribal bigotry.We all buy petrol at an exhorbitant price irrespective of our tribrs which shouldnt be.A lot of our friends and loved ones have died in these death traps called roads irrespective of our tribes.We are all experiencing a rise in the cost of day to day living irrespective of our tribes.this should serve as a wake up call to us all.we av to be united to stand against all odds so that we can bequeath to our children the heritage that was not afforded to us.

1 Like

Re: United We Stand by SirVictory: 12:27am On Oct 31, 2015

(1) (Reply)

patriots to country of western Nigeria first before any other thing / My Prayers For Those Who Die In This Struggle To Actualize Biafra / Biafra-what Igbos Actually Need.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.