Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,469 members, 7,888,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigeria:politics And Ideology - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria:politics And Ideology (1374 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice / Godfatherism In Nigeria's Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria:politics And Ideology by brownbonno(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2009
The way people switch from one political party to another is disturbing and i am tempted to ask if political party alliance is based on Ideology or what ?
NL i need your opinion.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by PeeDaVinci: 8:16am On May 09, 2009
based on AGIP - any govt in power!!! personal interest above all
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by vigasimple(m): 12:31pm On May 09, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

based on AGIP - any govt in power!!! personal interest above all

90% + of our politicians belong to AGIP. so ignore them when they say that they are members of PDP,AC, ANPP etc. take for example ATIKU a VP under PDP but since he cannot actualise his ambitions he switch to AC.

Now, can anyone or anybody tells us what is the difference in ideology or policies between even the major parties in nigeria. nada, zero. all are interested in sharing monies in ABUJA
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by ikeyman00(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2009
@@@@@

and these are the people that wana rule nigeria

and u will trust them??

shocked
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by brownbonno(m): 1:53pm On May 09, 2009
vigasimple:

90% + of our politicians belong to AGIP. so ignore them when they say that they are members of PDP,AC, ANPP etc. take for example ATIKU a VP under PDP but since he cannot actualise his ambitions he switch to AC.

Now, can anyone or anybody tells us what is the difference in ideology or policies between even the major parties in nigeria. nada, zero. all are interested in sharing monies in ABUJA

The bedrock of any nations democratic strength depends on the political ideology of the ruling class(elites).With this ideal of AGIP attitute,then the military will be more focused.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by MaiSuya(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2009
Our politicians have no qualms crosscarpeting simply because their party manifestos are usually very similar. A careful look at will reveal that they are basically composed of (after weeding out the rhetorics of course) the same trash: employment, food education, etc. [i]How [/i]they intend to carry out such programs which would formed the basis of their ideologies is lamentably lacking.

The more advanced ideologies, (left wing, right ring, conservatives, liberial, etc ) that marks out a politician and give one an idea of his orientation are clearly alien to our young democracy and needs to be developed over time.

Until then AGIP will surely continue. . .
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 09, 2009
brownbonno:

The bedrock of any nations democratic strength depends on the political ideology of the ruling class(elites).With this ideal of AGIP attitute,then the military will be more focused.

Nigeria's democratic setting is still young, very corrupt and stagnant.
What is needed now are honest people who can get our power, security and anti-corruption institutions working efficiently and effectively.
Ideologies on how to advance these institutions will arise as time goes on.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by brownbonno(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2009
nuzo:

Ideologies on how to advance these institutions will arise as time goes on.

I will disagree on this.Ideology is the concept in which the political parties are formed(it is the foundation of any political party).It is when the ideal are conceptualised,then the political formation is realised and people will begin to choose where they want to belong.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by bawomolo(m): 5:07pm On May 09, 2009
brownbonno:

I will disagree on this.Ideology is the concept in which the political parties are formed(it is the foundation of any political party).It is when the ideal are conceptualised,then the political formation is realised and people will begin to choose where they want to belong.

New ideologically based parties would be formed. that's inevitable in a young democracy. Wasn't the Old AD supposedly based on awoism.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 09, 2009
brownbonno:

What sort of ideologies do we need for our political parties presently if not how to fix those things I mentioned first?
My point is that; ideologies or no ideologies, give us electricity, security and effective anti-corruption institutions and watch the nation develop in a rocket speed. While its developing, all sort ideologies will now come in to define the direction of these developments, how it will accommodate the people and whether it will help sustain the anticipated development.

Or, are you being carried away with how it is in the USA? If yes, then you should know that they went through the process I described above.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by brownbonno(m): 5:34pm On May 09, 2009
nuzo:

What sort of ideologies do we need for our political parties presently if not how to fix those things I mentioned first?
My point is that; ideologies or no ideologies, give us electricity, security and effective anti-corruption institutions and watch the nation develop in a rocket speed. While its developing, all sort ideologies will now come in to define the direction of these developments, how it will accommodate the people and whether it will help sustain the anticipated development.

Or, are you being carried away with how it is in the USA? If yes, then you should know that they went through the process I described above.

That is putting new wine into an old bottle.
Remember we have Labour party in Nigeria,how many seats do they have in the national assembly?Majority of Nigerians are workers and belong to Trade unions.But do not vote for the LP.
We cannot get the listed social amenities if the ideal of the political class is not defined.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by redsun(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2009
Of course what we need is common sense which is painstakingly lacking in nigeria right now.Presently,the only ideology is looting,grabbing a share of the national cake,like everybody says.

Do you remember Tunde Idiagbon?
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 09, 2009
brownbonno:

That is putting new wine into an old bottle.
Remember we have Labour party in Nigeria,how many seats do they have in the national assembly?Majority of Nigerians are workers and belong to Trade unions.But do not vote for the LP.
We cannot get the listed social amenities if the ideal of the political class is not defined.

That they voted for other parties does not mean they voted wrongly. Maybe they felt that the party they voted has better plans for them or maybe, they felt that the said party is even more corrupt that the other parties. It could also have been that LP fielded the wrong candidates.
I mean, who will even vote for LP when one of the well respected founders; oshomole cross-carpeted to another party in a blink of an eyes. Doesnt that signify fraud to you?
Be it LP, PDP, AC or APGA; they all have very sound ideologies in their books but the thing lacking there are honest people to carry through those ideologies.
As for me, get the three things I mentioned working and talk about segregation ideologies later. Its just common sense that whichever party is ruling should do the three things; ideologies or no ideologies.
Re: Nigeria:politics And Ideology by Backslider(m): 6:15pm On May 09, 2009
hmmmm

i sometimes think to myself what we did to deserve the kind of rulers we have now but I am always brought to the memory of our first leaders.

Our leaders that WE by OURSELVES KILLED what did they do to us yes we will start tribalism now and say it was one particular set of people that caused it. Our leaders that did not steal money whjat did we do with them? THE ONES THAT HAD IDEALOGY WHAT DID WE DO WITH THEM?

MOST OF THEM THERE BLOOD IS CRYING FOR VEGENCE

WHAT WE NEED IS A NATIONAL REPENTANCE NOT RECONCILIATION. WE MUST REBRAND NIGERIA FROM MONEY LOVERS TO HUMAN LOVERS AND CARE GIVERS.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police In Action; Singing Fuji Song / Breaking News: Petrol Depot On Fire In Portharcourt / Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.